• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Albert K. Bender and A. F. Lynch....in the 50's..

vonmazur

Skilled Investigator
Fellows: In 1972 I was working as a Tower Operator on the New Haven Line of Penn Central, usually in Bridgeport CT or closeby. I worked with a nice fellow, who was a close associate of AL Bender, not the robot from Futurama, rather the man who invented MIB's, among other things.

Atrie Lynch was old school Railroad, but he was a big time UFO buff, so often we would talk for hours about this subject, it took a year or two, but he finally opened up about Bender and the MIB and other manifestations of a similar nature.....All of this was facsinating to me as a Vietnam aviator and National Guard Officer, especially the high strangeness factor.....In the military I was told, "Do not get involved with this (UFO's) as it is too wierd and squirrelly...." Well, since I was not on active duty, why not....

I seems that Art Lynch was present when Albert Bender had some of the encounters....What Artie had to say was most enlightening....For example, Art is at Albert's and the mailman delivers a package of some sort, Albert accepts it, closes the door, and stands catatonic for about 5 minutes or so, and then just like throwing a switch, start talking about the visit of the MIB, and some elaborate tale of abduction and going thru tunnels and such.....Artie told me that was why he quit the whole Flying Saucer thing, it was just too wierd for him to take.....After Art read the books, he was even more put off by the subject, I was the first person on the RR he ever told about this, and most likely the only one. All I can do is report what Art told me, as he is long gone to the big RR in the sky, as is Albert Bender and most of the people from that generation of UFO Buffs....

I wonder if anyone else has had such an experience with this sort of thing?

Dale in AL

In a book published by Gray Barker, Bender said the MIB were really alien visitors. While Barker clearly edited the book heavily, Bender gave a lecture once in NYC saying it was all true.

Fellows: In 1972 I was working as a Tower Operator on the New Haven Line of Penn Central, usually in Bridgeport CT or closeby. I worked with a nice fellow, who was a close associate of AL Bender, not the robot from Futurama, rather the man who invented MIB's, among other things.

Atrie Lynch was old school Railroad, but he was a big time UFO buff, so often we would talk for hours about this subject, it took a year or two, but he finally opened up about Bender and the MIB and other manifestations of a similar nature.....All of this was facsinating to me as a Vietnam aviator and National Guard Officer, especially the high strangeness factor.....In the military I was told, "Do not get involved with this (UFO's) as it is too wierd and squirrelly...." Well, since I was not on active duty, why not....

I seems that Art Lynch was present when Albert Bender had some of the encounters....What Artie had to say was most enlightening....For example, Art is at Albert's and the mailman delivers a package of some sort, Albert accepts it, closes the door, and stands catatonic for about 5 minutes or so, and then just like throwing a switch, start talking about the visit of the MIB, and some elaborate tale of abduction and going thru tunnels and such.....Artie told me that was why he quit the whole Flying Saucer thing, it was just too wierd for him to take.....After Art read the books, he was even more put off by the subject, I was the first person on the RR he ever told about this, and most likely the only one. All I can do is report what Art told me, as he is long gone to the big RR in the sky, as is Albert Bender and most of the people from that generation of UFO Buffs....

I wonder if anyone else has had such an experience with this sort of thing?

Dale in AL

Hi Dale,

Over the years I've come across many people, in person and online, with their stories about life in southern Connecticut!

Around the time you were living and working in Bridgeport CT., I was living in East Haven, CT., not too far away! Some of my family members lived in Bridgeport and the surrounding areas of Stratford and Trumbull (still do to this day).

We lived in East Haven on Long Island Sound, in an ocean front home. My family had so many extraordinary experiences -- huge golden and orangey orbs coming in over the ocean to the bedroom windows where my mother would stand transfixed by them....., helicoptors that would shake our home in the wee hours of the morning.....bubbling/churning ocean water with difused lights underneath.... All family members waking up several times with nose-bleeds and strange, similar dreams.

My uncle and his sons were visiting on one weekend and he became so disturbed by the night visits of the strange, low-flying loud helicoptors that the next morning he left, with his family in tow.

Also weird sounds from the beach at low-tide during the night. The sounds were like a mix of electronic/mechanistic and organic. Just terrifying to hear! My father could never find what was making those sounds.

I had one strange encounter with what I recall as a "floating" man. Could it have been an archetypal MIB? I don't know, but it certainly was an experience of high strangeness that in my mind I always equated with the other weirdness. I was walking in the late daytime, in the summer, on one of the residential roads that went onto a beachy road where there were lots of tall reeds.
I recall feeling a tingling sensation suddenly all over and inside my body. I then I saw ,coming out of the tall reeds, a slim floating man (maybe 4 ft. above the ground) with a fedora hat on and a very long, angular pasty white face and long arms in a dark grayish suit (no tie). I didn't notice his eyes or other features, just the elongated face into a pointed chin. It's very odd that I didn't recall his eyes or nose or lips. I'm quite good at noticing people's features. I remember a feeling of abject terror and ran home. And, I never walked on that particular road alone again.

Years later I happened to 'meet' someone online, in a ufo forum, who as it turns out, lived for awhile, only a few roads away from where I did, in East Haven, yet we never ran into each other (not knowingly anyhow). She and some of her family members had many experiences and sightings in that same general area. They were being investigated by Budd Hopkins at the time (mid-1990s). We didn't stay in touch, so I don't know what happened to her. Last I knew she moved to the mid-west and turned away from finding out anything more about her experiences as it was taking quite a toll on her to recall such unpleasant events.

This is all fascinating stuff to me. It's certainly more interesting than more UFO reports or disclosure arguments.

Would Vonmazur and/or Brownie be willing to come on my show (or the Paracast) and talk about these experiences? It could be very enlightening, or at least a lot more interesting than the usual call-ins on paranormal radio shows.

Would love to hear a show on this. I think Moseley would likely be the best (living) person on Bender due to his close connection to Barker.

Actually Jim Moseley and I both met Bender when he was doing a lecture in connection with his book, "Flying Saucers and the Three Men."

Gentlemen: I have no evidence to prove that MIB's exists, just that Artie Lynch was very affected by the whole Bender affair. I think that there might have been more to it than that, but that was all Art was willing to discuss.

I noted many unusual areas in Connecitcut that had a lot of anomolous activity, we even had the ghost train in Willimantic and other similar visions....

I was an Aviator in the CT National Guard, but we rarely flew over Mamauguin or near East Haven. There were areas of cities we avoided by directive from above....Ella T Grasso to be exact.....

I may have been part of the Stone's Ranch UFO that Greenwood reported, it was UH-1 Helicopters, flying in certain formations and making unlighted tactical landings there....we waited until the last second to turn on the landing lights.....Landing one at a time using "High Overhead Approach"...It would take a while to explain, but we did generate a lot of sightings at Stone's Ranch in Niantic....

Dale in AL

Back