• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Albequerque UFO Video

Free episodes:

Interesting vid.

Some of the comments on the site seems reasonable enough though. Not sure what to make of this one.

Would need more info about the immediate area to come to any conclusions about whether or not this thing is an anomaly.

Interesting video. Watch at 2:16 and a few seconds afterwards when for than 3 major white lights appear. The stobing of the white lights is unusual for landing lights in addition to the flashing outer lights.

Could it be two police cars coming down from a distant hillside? Police and emergency vehicles will flash lights similar to this. A day time video of the same area would be useful to see what object are there and if it is a major landing corridor for planes.

Astroboy the invisible hillside explanation is always the first thing I think of with these videos too. Especially since seeing that vid last year that some tool was promoting and all it was was fire on a background mountain at night. Tool was calling it a "mothership" sighting and everything.

The only problem I have is that surely these people would know theres a big hill/mountain over there that is invisible at night?

It's pretty interesting. Especially when it turns into four lights (plus the dimmer red ones) and seems to be strobing. Too bad it's out of focus at that point.

It looks pretty high in the sky in the beginning to be on a hill... but of course we can't see the horizon... I'd presume the person taking the video could though. The fact that they thought it was odd has to be counted. If you live in an area, you know the types of lights you see.... He said in the video about which way the airport is, so he is obviously someone who lives in the area.

If they live there, they know what the place looks like in the daylight. We don't.

If it's hill there, and there is a road, where are the lights on the road or hill? That's a lot of land to not have a single light.

It would be good to find out where it is in the city and see a photo in the daylight.

I made some screen captures and used the shadow/highlight tool in Photoshop to try and open up the shadows You can see some forground objects... at about 1:20, it seems there is a large building directly underneath. At 2:02 it seems to be passing the top of a street light that was visible at the left in the first image. The last one seem to show three lights, so what ever it is it has looked like 1, 4 and 3 lights. It does seem to be moving from right to left after sitting stationary for a while (they said about 15 minutes).

I think I'd rule out a car on a hill... but looking at videos on YouTube is hopeless. The quality sucks.

[edit] I went to YouTube and looked at the H.264 version using the QuickTime Plugin (I block the Flash stuff with Click2Flash) and it's much better... you can see it moving behind the street light in the foreground. It does look like an object in the air. You can see it go down behind the city lights at the end.

Attachments

• Picture-4.jpg
    Picture-4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture-5.jpg
    Picture-5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture-6.jpg
    Picture-6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 29
Nice analysis David. This qualifies as interesting for me because I have no idea what it could be. It certainly doesn't seem to be anything conventional at least. My first guess was landing lights, but like Astroboy mentioned the strobing and general arrangement of the lights seem odd. Could be an experimental craft or UAV, and considering it was lit up like that I don't think whoever was behind it, be it human or not didn't care about it being seen obviously.

Yeah, I think it's interesting, and doesn't look like landing lights,plus a plane wont sit in one spot for 10 minutes. I live by several large and small airports in the NYC metro area, so I see planes every day, all day long. EWR is about 15 minutes from me. You get used to see the usual navigation and landing lights. They can look odd when they are coming at you with the landing lights on at first, but that goes away in a minute or so.

But who knows....

I thought it was amusing that it said "UFO?" Well... duh, if you don't know what it is, it's a UFO. I guess they meant "Flying Saucer?" :p

I'm old enough to remember when they first started being called UFOs. I like flaying saucer better. :D

Some good observations and points bring made here.

The most obvious question to me comes to mind.

If that is some weird craft and it seemly is landing smack in the middle of town then how come there are no reports of unusual activity in that area?

My guess is probably one or more helicopters.

If that is some weird craft and it seemly is landing smack in the middle of town then how come there are no reports of unusual activity in that area?

Looks like it's descending behind the horizon, not in the middle of town.

My guess is probably one or more helicopters.

Helicopters usually have a large light in the front that pulses when they hover, which it did do, but I've never seen one with all those lights... and they are fairly easy to hear.

They wouldn't fly two that close together either, and they are clearly one object.

That doesn't mean it's not a conventional aircraft, but I don't think it's helicopters.

I think it's odd.

Back