• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Air Marshall Sir Peter Horsley Claims He Met ET

G

Gil Bavel

Just curious to get opinions from one and all about the following:

Air Marshall Sir Peter Horsley Claims He Met ET
In Timothy Good’s excellent new book, "Alien Base Earths Encounters with Extraterrestrials" he reports on Air Marshal Sir Peter Horsley, former Deputy Commander in Chief of Strike Command, a war hero who flew Mosquitoes against the Germans, who has held one of the highest ranks in the RAF who in 1954, had a two hour meeting with an apparently extraterrestrial man in London.
In his fascinating autobiography, "Sounds From Another Room", Sir Peter devotes a lengthy chapter to the subject of UFOs, including details of his investigations into sightings reported by pilots; details which he relayed to Prince Phillip, who shared his interest in the phenomenon. He was equerry (advisor) to Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Phillip for seven years. Another enthusiast was air Chief Marshal Sir Arthur Barratt, who retired from the RAF at the end of the war. Barrett introduced Sir Peter to a friend of his, a General Martin, who believed that flying saucers were extraterrestrial vehicles from another planet whose inhabitants were trying to warn us of the perils of nuclear war. Sir Peter was not convinced.
One day in 1954, General Martin phoned Sir Peter, inviting him to meet a Mrs. Markham that night at her London flat in Smith Street, Chelsea. Morning There, in a dimly lit room, he was introduced to a ‘Mr. Janus.’ Without any preliminaries, writes Sir Peter, ‘Mr. Janus dived straight into the deep end by asking me to tell him all I knew about UFOs. He listened patiently… At the end I thought I might be equally as direct and asked Janus what his interest was? He answered me a quite simply, "I would like to meet the Duke of Edinburgh." Somewhat taken aback, Sir Peter replied that this would not be easy. But it was here the strangeness of it all started – the man’s extraordinary ability to read my thoughts.’ Asked why he wanted to meet Prince Phillip, Janus replied: ‘He is a man of great vision. . . who believes strongly in the proper relationship between man and nature which will prove of great importance in future galactic harmony… perhaps you and I can discuss the subject first and you will be able to judge whether I’m dangerous or not. ‘Sir Peter devotes 14 pages to the ensuing two hour discourse, of which selected excerpts follow.
Janus began by pointing out that man was ‘now striving to break his earthly bonds and travel to the Moon and the planets beyond’. He continued: But flight to the stars is Man’s ultimate dream, although knowledge of the vast distances involved in interstellar flight makes it appear only a dream. Yet perhaps after a hundred years or so… exploration of his own solar system may be complete and it is just not in Man’s nature to stop there…Just as tribes found other tribes and Christopher Columbus discovered on his travels unknown centers of ancient civilizations so Man in his journeys through the universe may find innumerable centers of culture far more ancient than his own…He will discover a wealth of experiences infinitely more startling and beautiful than can be imagined: and infinite variety of agencies and forces as yet unknown: great fields of gravity and anti-gravity where objects are accelerated across space like giant sling shots, even other universes with different space and time formula.
Why does Man reach for the stars? His energies have never been solely directed towards material benefits alone. From the beginning of Man’s history he has striven… towards a spirituality and grace of which he was aware but could not fully comprehend. This drive to reach out beyond himself has been the motive power behind some of Man’s finest achievements… So Man invading space for material gain or personal glorification alone will gain nothing, but Man searching to enrich his own spirituality and nature will come closer to understanding that God is Universal.
I'm not big on the God message, and I know I'm hardly alone on that idea, but I also know I don't speak for everyone. Any thoughts about the rest? This Horsley book is from 1998, and is all but impossible to get now, but the idea struck me that it seems that more and more people are writing books and affidavits before they pass on to relate what happened to them that otherwise would never see the light of day because of their security oaths.
The release of Timothy Good's new book bears another look at this case--and I think maybe many of the other cases about Man-ET encounters on Earth.

Attachments

• ukairmarshalhorsley.jpg
    ukairmarshalhorsley.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 51
i agree about the god thingy.

it seems more like a "need to know" about everything thats part of our nature.

over the ages some have chosen to block that seeking with the god answer.
to my mind once you do that , your chucking a bung in the very hole by which we peek at reality and the universe

i agree about the god thingy.

it seems more like a "need to know" about everything thats part of our nature.

over the ages some have chosen to block that seeking with the god answer.
to my mind once you do that , your chucking a bung in the very hole by which we peek at reality and the universe

Maybe that desire to use a God as excuse to remain uninterested in learning about the universe was planted in us for a reason. To control us.

Sir Peter ?
not sure, i always have problems with cases where ppl meet aliens who look human.
not saying it couldnt happen, but the threshold of proof in each case becomes even more harder to reach from my pov.

its been suggested that if it looks human, thats because it is. it may have come from a small offplanet enclave under the control of "real" extra galactic beings.
and of course the good old nazi bell story fits nicely as well. ie humans using "flying disks" and pretending to be ET's

perhaps religion has been "planted" but perhaps the main idea got lost

at its heart it "suggests" that there is activity in the heavens, hosts of beings, some good some bad

Well, there seems to have been a lot of hullaballoo recently about the idea that the UFO occupants are from Earth every bit as much as we are, or at least that they've been here as long as we have.

And, even if the ETH is correct, there's no reason that a sufficiently technologically advanced alien couldn't appear human if it wanted to, especially if it planned on having an open conversation with a human being--but there do seem to be plenty of humanoid sightings... so, who knows.

I don't think that it automatically throws a report into the junk pile that the person contacted reports the alien as "looking human", although it doesn't make me want to become a Raelian any more than I do now (which is to say, not a lot).

But, when you hear about the Flatwoods Monster case (any fans of The Venture Bros. out there; I didn't realize it when it first ran, but watching the re-run of "Twenty Years to Midnight" from 2006, the intergalactic criminal (or whatever the baddie was) looked and moved exactly like the FWM), it sounds way too bizarre to be remotely true, and it's nowadays considered a solid case.

I think, if there were a concern about the alien freaking us out, it would appear human if it could (e.g. Klaatu), especially if it wanted to talk to us face to face, have lunch, do regular human things while rapping with us about whatever it was that it wanted to tell us.

Regarding the human "ETs"

I tend to go with the old "god created man in his own image" idea, where, these superhuman beings we encounter today, are the god of old, based on whose image we were created.
Which is essentially what most of these alleged alien quotes by experiencers say

If anything. There is really a much less probability to meet a similar-looking unrelated alien, than an identical related alien. That is unless evolution is such that it simply comes up with same results on every planet.

Not that I think these guys live on other planets, as we see it.
I think if we were to travel around universe we would find it quite empty, just as if someone was searching for an apple in a 3d room basing their search only on 2 dimensions. He would have to get pretty lucky to find the apple. I think universe is like a giant TV set where everyone gets to be on the channel they deserve

Though, I don't like how people usually use the word dimension, as if it's a discrete place.
A dimension by (a loose) definition is just another scale on which you can place some object. For example, in our 3d world, both I and the planet's core, are in the same place in 2 dimensions (from the point of view of a bird flying directly over me), yet we are shifted along the third dimension. Or if you consider time, then Vatican and Ancient Rome are in the same place, but divided by the dimension of time.
So you don't need more than 1 additional dimension to have an infinite number of worlds existing in one single place. Whether they meet often by accident, may depend on how close they are in the additional dimension, and how wide is their "bandwidth" along it

Back