• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Accuracy rate among psychics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you remote viewers want to test your abilities, let me know. I will even refer the info to a 3rd party, and remove myself from the picture as a control. I have different ways to do it, and will work with you. It's quite easy to test this stuff. I will admit, it's not as easy to call yourself a remote viewer as it is to think yourself one. Let alone prove it. The psychic community has their self to blame. By NOT stepping up. You're a psychic? Fine, get rich, take a test. Prove to the world what we been missing out on. Not in it for money? FINE, win the money and give it to charity.

Tommy,
Can you not read?
go back re-read my post, no wait i will say it again for you - so please read slowly.

well I NEVER said I was paid to do the climate change project - i want and for 13 years I have done everything for Free including 40+ missing persons cases taking hundreds of hours of time.
So again just for you Tommy - I was NOT paid for the climate change project, nor any other research projects or for any of the humanitarian/police/missing person work. In thirteen years and thousands of practice runs, projects and test I have only had 3 paying clients - and they only pay if they want to and feel satisfied with the information.

I don't think you could remote view your way out of a room with door on each wall.
Well its s project I haven't tried yet - but you never know what the future brings.

I mock you, because I find you funny. Then again, it's pretty easy to make fun of someone who is paid to see the future of planet earth, by junk scientists who have an agenda.
Not as funny as it is correcting an illiterate person who cant read :)

Seriously though, this has been the biggest laugh I've had this month.
Me too - ive not had to repeat myself and correct someone missquoting so much three times since I taught my son how to read aged 5 :).

Please if you have something of value to add then please do - but lets stop with the miss quotes - i'm more than happy to answer any REAL questions and arguments you may have about remote viewing - if you can think of any.

daz

[Any of you remote viewers want to test your abilities, let me know. I will even refer the info to a 3rd party, and remove myself from the picture as a control. I have different ways to do it, and will work with you. It's quite easy to test this stuff. I will admit, it's not as easy to call yourself a remote viewer as it is to think yourself one. Let alone prove it. The psychic community has their self to blame. By NOT stepping up. You're a psychic? Fine, get rich, take a test. Prove to the world what we been missing out on. Not in it for money? FINE, win the money and give it to charity.
I'm more than happy to be tested under the correct circumstances and do so with public projects like the Farsight climate change project - all the information is there for you to gauge my accuracy - pleaes take a look.
Also there are many examples on my website.

Its not about getting rich - in thirteen years I have made approx $700 from remote viewing. In all this time ive spent this much on books and training alone. There is more to life than money - like helping people for example - which is why I try to help finding missing persons.

IF YOU dare - read the available documentation - there are 89, 901 pages realeased by the CIA (under the FOIA act) covering 1972 - 1995, thosuands upon thousands or experiments, project reports, gradings, oversight commitee evaluations and much more. Or even read the final AIR report when the CIA closed the programe where the debunker Ray Hyman and Drs. Utts agreed that the experimental portion of STAR GATE indicated some sort of phenomenon existed, but disagreed on whether it had been proved psychic in origin. Utts thought it was, Hyman had no alternative explanations but would not accept that a psi effect was demonstrated.

The data is there for you to evaluate - but i bet youve never actually read ANY of this information - have you?

As a start go here for a handful of this documented material:

Stargate - Remote viewing history - military
Stargate - Remote viewing history - military

daz

I think we actually agree more than we disagree in that we both feel this stuff can ultimately be explained once we understand it better. I am saying there is a clear difference between having an experience in real time, such as the one I related above, and having an experience that turns out to be prescient. In the first instance it may be a bit of a stretch to explain, but it can be handled within the current paradigm--some sort of connection between people who are close in a time of stress--not so off the wall. That's a duck.

In the second case, it can't be handled within the current paradigm at all. Indeed, it completely changes our concept of reality. If you can actually predict the future, that changes our entire concept of time, pre-destination, and responsibility. It's a lot harder sell. That's not even a bird.

Hm, I don't know if that's necessarily true.

In the first case, a voice, a sound emitted from human vocal cords and transmitted through the air, is audibly heard by a group of people, and the voice is recognized to belong to a person several miles away. I don't think that most scientists would say that this scenario could be explained within our current paradigm.

Even if scientists might conceive of some sort of electromagnetic connection or "quantum entanglement" between living organisms, I don't think that their concepts would allow for spoken language to pass from one person to another via this connection. Much less for these words to be recognizable as coming from the physical vocal cords of the other person.

I think both of these scenarios revise our picture of human beings and the world around us pretty radically.

Tommy,
Can you not read?
go back re-read my post, no wait i will say it again for you - so please read slowly.

So again just for you Tommy - I was NOT paid for the climate change project, nor any other research projects or for any of the humanitarian/police/missing person work. In thirteen years and thousands of practice runs, projects and test I have only had 3 paying clients - and they only pay if they want to and feel satisfied with the information.

Well its s project I haven't tried yet - but you never know what the future brings.

Not as funny as it is correcting an illiterate person who cant read :)

Me too - ive not had to repeat myself and correct someone missquoting so much three times since I taught my son how to read aged 5 :).

Please if you have something of value to add then please do - but lets stop with the miss quotes - i'm more than happy to answer any REAL questions and arguments you may have about remote viewing - if you can think of any.

daz

I actually can read, and I actually can spell, unlike you who can't even spell the word Can't Correctly. Why don't you take the time to remote view a dictionary, or perhaps a book on Grammar Studies?

You're the one who said you were a professional psychic, which to anyone with half a brain, means you actually get paid to do your job. If you don't get paid, then it's not a profession, and thus would make you an amateur psychic or whatever title you want to give yourself.

I find people who believe in global warming and its tenets to be largely brain dead. When you brought the whole, I remote viewed the future of the planet as it pertains to global warming, that brought an extra layer of idiocy that I'm pretty sure cannot be permeated by even the slightest glimmer of reason.

Seriously, get a job. If you can't spell, chances are you can't see the future, or are intellectually incapable of understanding the simplest and most basic communication skills.

You're the one who said you were a professional psychic,
Please Tommy show me where I stated I was a professional psychic - i have never made this claim and I dont class myself as a psychic but as a remote viewer. If you actually did some research you would know there is a difference.

which to anyone with half a brain, means you actually get paid to do your job.
As I never stated I was a pro psychic - then it cant and isn't my job. Sorry you are wrong.

If you don't get paid, then it's not a profession, and thus would make you an amateur psychic or whatever title you want to give yourself.
Well the only place I stated I was a professional psychic was in your head - so yes I gues I am an amateur, but a remote viewer not a psychic.

I find people who believe in global warming and its tenets to be largely brain dead. When you brought the whole, I remote viewed the future of the planet as it pertains to global warming, that brought an extra layer of idiocy that I'm pretty sure cannot be permeated by even the slightest glimmer of reason.
Yet again you show your talent at NOT reading what I stated - I never gave my opinion on global warming so you wouldn't know my opinion and if I believe in it or not.

Seriously, get a job. If you can't spell, chances are you can't see the future, or are intellectually incapable of understanding the simplest and most basic communication skills.
Tommy Ill tell you what - I'll learn to spell when you learn to read instead of pulling quotes from your own mind.

Why not stop this childish deflection and if you have the balls do some reseach and ask me some real questions instead of deflecting with childish make believe remarks.

Daz

Hm, I don't know if that's necessarily true.

In the first case, a voice, a sound emitted from human vocal cords and transmitted through the air, is audibly heard by a group of people, and the voice is recognized to belong to a person several miles away. ..

I think both of these scenarios revise our picture of human beings and the world around us pretty radically.

I agree with you. Neither is within the current paradigm. I'm just saying that hearing a voice in 'real time' is qualitatively different than predicting the future.

I'm just saying that hearing a voice in 'real time' is qualitatively different than predicting the future.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I follow you. I don't see how defying our understanding of time is qualitatively different than defying our understanding of space, any more than the fact that they are different events.

If anybody out there wants to test their psychic abilities, P.M. me and tell me what I am drawing, and have been drawing for many hours and days.
It is a repeating motif that I have been intentionally projecting at the 'psychic stuff' for a couple of weeks now.
One word answers only.
I'll judge the replies on April 20th at 4:20 p.m. CST.
If you are correct, I'll send you a drawing. I mean a priceless piece of art.
If you are wrong, your feet will stink, and you're not a psychic.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I follow you. I don't see how defying our understanding of time is qualitatively different than defying our understanding of space, any more than the fact that they are different events.

I will give it a try. This is a good-faith effort. The issue is: What is the difference between my mother and others hearing her father's voice from many miles distant when he needed medicine and predicting the future? I have anecdotal evidence for the former in that my mother told me about this, one of several of her stories. I have no evidence for the latter, though some others may. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm equating the two. One is 'Voice Projection'; the other is 'Predicting the Future.'

Hearing her father at a distance was a real-time event. It happened in the thirties. As nearly as we can tell, his voice was heard at the time he spoke. Other people heard it; she recognized his voice, and this was corroborated by his pet name for her: 'Poor Hopes' It was unlikely that she was ever born; my grandmother was sick with TB at the time and died two years later at age 42. This was further corroborated by the fact that he really did need his meds and my mother was able to get them for him. I have no further information.

Now, this incident is not well handled by the current scientific paradigm. It does not accept the travel of a voice over distance. There have been some interesting results experimentally with 'quantum entanglement' of individual particles that suggest a connection regardless of the fact that there was no time to send a signal between them. I'm not convinced invoking quantum entanglement or invoking faster than light travel are necessary to explain this incident. He simply projected his voice to another space. We do not (and cannot) know whether this happened in a simultaneous manner or whether there was a lapse to allow for transmission time. Sound travels at 720mph. The distance was less than 100 miles.

I really do not know how to take this much further. My speculation is that her presence acted as a lightning rod for his thoughts. They were emotionally close. How this turned into a 'live voice' I could not say. I don't even know if it was consciously done on his part, i.e.: He may have said, 'Poor Hopes, I need my medicine' consciously or with thought alone, but I doubt he consciously tried to get in touch with her by some sort of telepathy. He was desperate and she was receptive. However, my feeling is that it is not a giant leap out of the current paradigm to allow for this to happen. Yeah, it's 'out of the box' certainly, but it's not so far out as to be in the next universe. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if someone during our lifetime published a theory for how this works and what mechanisms lie behind it.

Predicting the future is a whole ‘nother ball game. It requires a much greater leap out of the current paradigm and challenges the very concept of reality. If the future can be predicted, does this mean that life is deterministic? What does that say about free will? If I have no free will, how can you hold me accountable for my actions; I’m simply playing a pre-conceived role without deviation? If you predict the future and it does not happen, have I changed it? How did I do that? Is the ‘Many Worlds” theory true? Does each decision branch off into another universe? Or were you simply wrong in your ability to predict? How can we tell the difference? What implications does this have for philosophy and theology? In other words, the ability to predict the future is a giant leap out of the current paradigm.

One of the things modern physics has done is equate time and physical dimensions, then invented a calculus that incorporates the two as if they were the same. We are being asked to believe that our passage through time, which is an intellectual construct, is IDENTICAL to length, width, and breadth in the physical world. After ‘we’ played with this for awhile new dimensions were added to the mathematics to allow the formulation of String and Brane theory, among others. The original leap of faith, however, is equating time as a dimension. We may have fallen in love with our own analogy here. Now you could say mathematics ‘proves’ it, but what you are really saying is, ‘mathematics allows it.’ If you take a course in symbolic logic, you can start out with a premise, and in certain situations, you can prove “A” or prove “Not-A” simply by arguing in a different direction. When I pointed this out to my philosophy professor and did a side-by-side set of equations on the board, all he said was, “Well that’s not considered to be fair.” In a similar manner, a mathematical calculus may force you to be internally consistent and provide a ‘proof,’ but it does not necessarily reflect reality.

So on the one hand you have a ‘Voice Projection’ that uses an unknown mechanism, but that can be explained within the current laws of physics. There is no ‘violation’ of the speed of light or sound. Is it outside the current paradigm? Certainly, but it does not require an invocation of God to explain it. We could theoretically come up with an explanation of the mechanism tomorrow, and nothing else would change. It wouldn’t throw religion into a crisis. It wouldn’t require a complete re-examination of philosophy. It would not call all of physics into question. In fact, if the RV people are correct, we already have an explanation—it’s just classified.

On the other hand, if you can predict the future, you have to change your view of reality and your place in it completely. Just because you can place both ‘Projected Voices” and ‘Predicting the Future’ in the same ‘unknown’ category does not equate them in importance or mechanism of explanation.

My grandfather wrote an unpublished manuscript entitled 'Evolution and the Bible' which shows his mindset. If you're interested, it's here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/20968/Evolution-and-the-Bible. It shows his thoughts as a late 19th century M.D. grappling with issues much as we are here. Given his thoughts on these issues, it kinda makes me wonder if we are related.

The problem is your are assuming that his voice actually travelled and that there was no paranormal component yet you cant be sure or prove that this was the case.
Also approx how far was the voice carried? - if your expecting us to believe its just under 100 miles then I would have to say I would find this as fantastical as any psychic claim.
yes, possibly explainable by some freak of nature of convoluted theory of physics - but I doubt it - the simpler explanation is the telepathic one - this has been recorded over and over when people are closely connected like a husband and wife partnership.

But anyway because you cant say a telepathic component or in fact ANY other component might not have been in play youll never really know what happended in this example - it has no conclusion.

daz

Okay I'm going to have to address this with more comments sorry!

Predicting the future is a whole ‘nother ball game. It requires a much greater leap out of the current paradigm and challenges the very concept of reality. If the future can be predicted, does this mean that life is deterministic? What does that say about free will?
Yes and no.
Yes the future can be predicted, but its like the recent film with Nicolas Cage.

"Here is the thing about the future. Every time you look at, it changes, because you looked at it, and that changes everything else".
Cris Johnson - 'Next'

I can and have predicted the future and I have seen many people do this an read many reports of how they tried to do this in the military/CIA remote viewing unit. The problem is the accuracy rate for predictive events does drop against other remote viewing accuracy say for past/present events. The military over hundreds of trials in the mid 80s couldn't achieve more than a 18% accuracy in predictive remote viewing.

So yes it can be done but the looking at it and any number of other things still affects what was looked at at it can be changed.

If you predict the future and it does not happen, have I changed it? How did I do that?
You looked at it - so it changed.
Its the observer effect - the observer of an experiment becomes part of the experiment. We see this is quantum physics when a 'quanta' manifests as a particle when we look at it and changes into a wave when we don't. its the same with time, it doesn't exist until looked at, but then its changed.

So on the one hand you have a ‘Voice Projection’ that uses an unknown mechanism, but that can be explained within the current laws of physics. There is no ‘violation’ of the speed of light or sound. Is it outside the current paradigm?
Possibly a voice projection - but this is a guess - it could be telepathy or anything?

It wouldn’t throw religion into a crisis. It wouldn’t require a complete re-examination of philosophy. It would not call all of physics into question. In fact, if the RV people are correct, we already have an explanation—it’s just classified.
No not correct. 25+ years and $20+ M couldnt find a definite answer of how and why it all worked - they did feel that the answers were getting closer with quantum physics but we still dont know how PSI/Remote Viewing really works.

On the other hand, if you can predict the future, you have to change your view of reality and your place in it completely.
Yes - correct.

daz

You seem pretty sure of yourself, daz. I've tried my best here to explain my position. I think it is internally consistent. I spent two valuable hours on it, and you absolutely refuse to acknowledge it. I don't treat you like Tommy does, but I have to tell, it surely feels like 'dialog' to you is you telling me all about reality and me sitting still and quiet at your feet listening to the master.

I really don't care if you have had some success with RV or not--that doesn't mean you can appoint yourself God and Master here or anywhere else. There's nothing in your posts that would lead me to believe you have a better handle on reality than anyone else. You simply have an excess of hubris.

The way you come back with stuff is just rude. This 'dialog' is over.

Schyler,
I understand you've tried to explain your position - I was just saying that just because you think its one thing - it might have other options - you cant discount them just by choice.

I don't refuse to acknowledge it I just feel that without more data any explanation can fit the distant voice example - either your remotely possible physics one or my its just a normal psychic function one.

but I have to tell, it surely feels like 'dialog' to you is you telling me all about reality and me sitting still and quiet at your feet listening to the master.
If you expect me to be open to the possability that the 'distant voice' could have been a physics function then you also have to conceed that it could also be any number of other options even psi.
Im not saying exactly what it was - there is nowhere near enough data to say either way.

I really don't care if you have had some success with RV or not--that doesn't mean you can appoint yourself God and Master here or anywhere else. There's nothing in your posts that would lead me to believe you have a better handle on reality than anyone else. You simply have an excess of hubris.

The way you come back with stuff is just rude. This 'dialog' is over.
I wish not to appear rude and apologise if I came across this way.
If we are going to have open discussion then both sides need to be open to other possibilities than ones we have our minds already set on.

daz

Um... just a question here, but how does your remote viewing work exactly? Can you see anywhere you want?
If so, I don't suppose you can take a peek inside Area 51 for us to see if there are any UFO's in there could you? 8)

Um... just a question here, but how does your remote viewing work exactly? Can you see anywhere you want?
If so, I don't suppose you can take a peek inside Area 51 for us to see if there are any UFO's in there could you? 8)

I'm thinking Ingo Swan has claimed to of seen inside a secure facility. Saw a lot of animal testing being done there. I don't know if he's legit or not though, but just thought I'd mention it.

If so, I don't suppose you can take a peek inside Area 51 for us to see if there are any UFO's in there could you? :cool:
Alas - I cannot do this now.
Remote Viewing, unlike other psychic techniques is done BLIND.
This means the remote viewer does not know anything about the target upfront. We hide all information behind a random number to keep the remote viewer blind. as an example for a project I would get a request:
'Daz, your target is 1234 - 5678 please describe the target'.

We do this because if the remote viewer had target information upfront how would we be able to tell which was psychic data or which was data already inside the head of the person. By keeping the remote viewers BLIND - you know that if they describe a structure underground, and you haven't told them anything, that the data is probably psychic and real.

There is a second problem - and that is FEEDBACK. for remote viewing to occur and be judged you need to have good feedback.

If for example i was blind and did do the Area51 target and i came back with all this info on alien life forms and an underground city - how could you judge my accuracy - as all you have in the way of feedback is rumour?
Obviously some things can be confirm - like a secure military facility, flying vehicles etc - but truthfully not allot - so this would be a bad remote viewing target, to be honest.

I'm thinking Ingo Swan has claimed to of seen inside a secure facility. Saw a lot of animal testing being done there. I don't know if he's legit or not though, but just thought I'd mention it.
Yep he did. Also in the military remote viewing program that lasted over 20 years - the remote viewers were regularly targeted against underground bases some ours and some allegedly 'different' but without FEEDBACK - we cant assess accuracy.

There are a few UFO and underground things with SOME feedback on my rv results page here:
Remote Viewing Results RV Sessions

daz

I've been (un)fortunate enough to be amongst groups of psychics. I am yet to be convinced of their abilities.

I've been (un)fortunate enough to be amongst groups of psychics. I am yet to be convinced of their abilities.

Then stop hanging around with psychics and try hanging around with remote viewers - you'd get better results :)

daz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back