• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Your T-Shirt Order!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We started selling T-shirts in the spring, and we made them up in the most economical way possible, by going to a private shop and ordering them for a great price.

That's why we offer them real cheap compared to some of the competition.

Mrs. Steinberg and I have personally filled every single order. I cart them to the post office and mail them by regular mail to locations around the world.

In a few cases, the shipments never arrived, particularly when they went overseas. I shipped replacements but on occasion, they didn't arrive either! I'll make sure we do something to get them to their customers, or just refund the money. It's not worth the aggravation.

On the long haul, I really didn't intend to get into the mail order business, but I am doing it because it's the most economical way to handle this sort of transaction. However, I am seriously considering using Cafe Press from here on to handle our merchandising. It will cost more, true, and we'll see less profit from the transaction. But they have the infrastructure in place to handle the ordering and shipping issues that we're not able to deal with.

I hope everyone understands -- and I welcome your suggestions, because David and I would love to see this work for everyone's sake.

Since writing the foregoing, I have, as a temporary measure, switched our T-shirt ordering system to Cafe Press.

Yes, the purchase price is several dollars higher. But shipping is cheaper (so the cost isn't that much different, particularly for orders outside the states), they have a toll-free number and are responsible for getting the merchandise to you in a timely fashion. We can, as they say, relax and see a $3.00 profit per sale.

Cups will be added shortly.

In addition, we welcome your suggestions about adding extra stuff, including sweatshirts, etc.

If you've already placed an order, it'll be filled via existing stock. New orders go through the system from here on.

Thanks for everyone's patience. I think this is the best way to work this out from here on for everyone's benefit.

fridge magnets, bumper stickers, ball caps (the nice ones that are sort of like a kepi, but not the civil war style kepi...) dvds with smokin' inserts on the case. I know we can get the episodes for free, but at a reasonable cost, and in a great looking case, with some background liner notes on the hosts, etc...?
Gene and David bobble-heads :eek: Paracast playing cards.

Paracast sticky notes, memo pads, pens. PARACAST SKINS FOR YOUR LAPTOPS!!! or your iPod, even a Paracast case for your iPod. Paracast toilet tissue... oh, forget that one.

okay. probably not very cost-effective, but you did ask for ideas :)

Paracast Tarot Card deck type-thing: each card with memorable quotes from David and/or Gene, including good ones from guests...lol! :D

Paracast Tarot Card deck type-thing: each card with memorable quotes from David and/or Gene, including good ones from guests...lol! :D
A customized deck might be a bit more than we can handle now. We're basically customizing off-the-shelf products for the first go-round. Suggestions are welcomed, and the storefront will continue to be changed as orders come in.

One more thing: The customized Flip Video camcorder is offered with only a minimal markup. We're taking just $10 for having a logo imprinted onto that unit. Should it have been $20?

Late Monday afternoon update: There are now 9 products on the storefront, based on the selection offered at Cafe Press. It's not a whole lot, but it's a start. Hopefully we'll be able to dig up a few more as we go on that seem useful.

okay, I sit corrected, the ball caps are already pretty nice.

water bottles? the metal kind or the see-through tinted ones - without the bisphenol sp?? issue.

A very inexpensive idea with absolutely dirt cheap shipping would be to print inserts for the Starbucks 'design your own tumbler". Come to think of it, why not sell a downloadable pattern? One that expires after 2 or 3 printings? with the right to use the image once or twice for just a few bucks? No shipping, at all. All done via internet.

Of course, I put pics of grandkids in mine, but I may be persuaded to add to my collection...

A customized deck might be a bit more than we can handle now. We're basically customizing off-the-shelf products for the first go-round. Suggestions are welcomed, and the storefront will continue to be changed as orders come in.

One more thing: The customized Flip Video camcorder is offered with only a minimal markup. We're taking just $10 for having a logo imprinted onto that unit. Should it have been $20?

No prob, Gene. Was just more of a silly suggestion (the card deck) anyways.

Re: Flip logo. Ten is very reasonable, it depends on fancy the logo is whether you should charge the 20 bucks or not. I have a Flip Mino..I'd consider getting one printed on mine! Can I see it?

No prob, Gene. Was just more of a silly suggestion (the card deck) anyways.

Re: Flip logo. Ten is very reasonable, it depends on fancy the logo is whether you should charge the 20 bucks or not. I have a Flip Mino..I'd consider getting one printed on mine! Can I see it?
As you see from the picture of the product, it's just our standard logo, same as on this forum. How much that's worth to you is anyone's guess. :)

We set the markup for the camcorder at $10, and really small markups for the rest of the products, because we don't want to be greedy. Better to sell more merchandise and get the stuff out there, and the benefits will, we hope, come later.

Hello Gene,

How about a Paracast "Tank Top" shirt? Or a Polo type shirt with a collar and short sleeves with the Paracast logo embroidered over the top left breast side?

Other apparel wear could be a "Poncho".

A joggers wrist and head band with the Paracast logo.

Paracast Stationary, be it notepads, notebooks, envelopes, etc...

A spooky set of Paracast Halloween greeting cards or Paracast greeting cards for all occasions.

A Paracast Calander depicting past guests for every given month and a quotable from them.

:)

PS: Now having my own Paracast "T-Shirt". They arrive real fast by UPS from "Cafe Press".

Cups will be added shortly.

Yay!

Im totally down for a big fat coffee mug. Gene can make sure the mug has some bulk to it for us coffee fiends? None of the girly lil skinny mugs:D

edit, oh I see now. The products look great.

You sure everyone knows about the new stuff? An appropriately titled thread might help.

Back