• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Huntings

Rudolf Steiner

Skilled Investigator
After watching the Haunting, a show about ghosts on the Discovery Channel, I wonder: a house, in order to get haunted, need a violent history, you know, murders, violence, hockey matches, or a house with a boring historial also can be haunted? Of course this is all speculation.

After watching the Haunting, a show about ghosts on the Discovery Channel, I wonder: a house, in order to get haunted, need a violent history, you know, murders, violence, hockey matches, or a house with a boring historial also can be haunted? Of course this is all speculation.

It depends on what a haunting is (assuming for a moment that it's something paranormal).

If it's the spirit of the dead, then I suspect that some traumatic event would be required to keep it on this plane, as opposed to moving on to the next.

However, if what we are witnessing is some sort of "time anomaly," where we are getting a look into the past, then it could be just the day-to-day happenings of whatever we are seeing.

Or...

Well, it's all speculation, isn't it? ;)

However, if what we are witnessing is some sort of "time anomaly," where we are getting a look into the past, then it could be just the day-to-day happenings of whatever we are seeing.
If that's the case, then maybe the time can slip both directions. Maybe some UFO's and aliens are ghosts from the future.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Or maybe you build the house in portal to another dimension or world (assuming that sort of things exists). Interdimensional gates serves for all purposes, from aliens to Bigfoot (I heard several people talking about Bigfoot like a interdimensional being):)

I don't think something tragic or traumatic *needs* to occur for there to be a haunting, but often it does happen that way. Sometimes a spirit can just be attached to a place, object, person, or otherwise refuses to move on (imo, don't kill the messenger)....no-one has died in my house ( to my knowledge), but there's action aplenty here.

Some people argue that one of the causes of apparitions is some sort of psychic energy left by the person once lived there, impregnate the enviroment, like a psychic projection of him.

I call that an "imprint"....sort of like a movie playing over and over, but with no real intelligence. Some call it a residual haunting. I've seen that a few times.

I've seen residual hauntings in various places, but they don't respond to my presence, or don't seem to see me. If I see them more than once, they're doing the same thing. For example: I may see a woman walk thru the yard....then tomorrow night, I'll see her walk thru the yard the same way. It's different from the ghost I call the Kitchen Visitor (in my house). He sees me and responds to things I say. For instance, I'll tell him it's ok to come into the room I'm in, or not. He also opens the kitchen cabinets. The previous homeowners put child locks on all the cabinets, and every single day, they're opened.

I call that an "imprint"....sort of like a movie playing over and over, but with no real intelligence. Some call it a residual haunting. I've seen that a few times.
My little brother came to me once saying that he saw a fat man with a beard sleeping on the couch...he was actually coming to get my shotgun because he thought it was an intruder. I went and checked and there was nobody there. Some time later he saw a picture of a relative who had committed suicide in the house and recognized him as the same person.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back