• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Abductions, Ghosts and Sleep Paralysis

Free episodes:

I guess for now I have to side with Drew. Last night I read something in Chris O'Brien's "Stalking The Tricksters" that was brought to mind after reading this thread again.

Chris quotes W. E. Butler's "Magic; It's Ritual, Power and Purpose":

It is known that the Unconscious, whether personal or collective, works by means of pictures or images, speech being a comparatively recent development ... Magic speaks to the subconscious mind of man through the archaic images of its symbols and rituals, and thereby produces those "changes in subconscious" which the magician seeks.

If that's true, one can't say just what one seeks unless he considers the subconscious a repository for his education and imagination. Whatever information resides in the subconscious is the fodder for dreams as well as reality should one choose to believe that he is a contributor to reality. I do, for whatever it's worth.

Back