• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Abduction/Military connection

BrandonD

Skilled Investigator
This is an idea that I've seen skirted around but not directly addressed. I've noticed over the years that many UFO abduction accounts involve direct familial ties to high-level military/intelligence individuals. Particularly the negative abduction accounts.

Considering this along with the frequently repeated statement I've read from the "aliens" along the lines of: "You gave us permission", I'm wondering what has been discussed about the possibility that years ago, certain individuals in high-level military positions entered into some sort of agreement that they and their families could be abducted.

Has anyone ever compiled the percentage of UFO abductees who have direct familial ties to high-level military? If the number is atypically high, as I suspect it might be, this is compelling support for the idea that the military themselves are involved in these abductions, through either agreements or direct participation. There is no reason for a supposedly "random sample" of abductees to include an unusually high amount of direct ties to the military.

It might be useful, if simply for everyone's general knowledge, to compile a list of alleged abductees with familial ties to military/intelligence/CIA. Here goes:

-Derrel Sims
-Bill Hamilton
-Dan Burisch
-Ralph Ring
-John Lear (not sure, but I believe he recounts an abduction experience)

(please add to this list if you can, or correct any mistakes - my mind has temporarily blanked out but I'll add more as I think of them)

I wouldn't at all be shocked if these people were part of an MK-Ultra type of program(most likely against their will). I don't think this is an uncommon theory at all and it makes a lot of sense.

I think you can add Whitley Strieber to the list.

This is an interesting subject -- one that I've pondered from time to time. My father was in the Army during World War II and later, worked for the Army in a civilian capacity. He had an interest in UFOs and kept a library of books on the subject, all to my mother's dismay!

My father died in the 1960s while I was young. A couple years later, I found cartons of my Dad's literature in the attic. "Your father's crazy UFO books," my Mom called them. Despite her disapproval, I felt drawn to the subject and would occasionally pull out a musty paperback to read in private. Most of these books focussed on alleged UFO sightings and crashes -- "alien abduction" was not a topic in vogue back then -- though I do remember reading about a few CE3 cases.

While I can't claim to have had any "close encounters" myself, a few unusual experiences in my life have caused me to wonder.

James said:
I think you can add Whitley Strieber to the list.

This is an interesting subject -- one that I've pondered from time to time. My father was in the Army during World War II and later, worked for the Army in a civilian capacity. He had an interest in UFOs and kept a library of books on the subject, all to my mother's dismay!

My father died in the 1960s while I was young. A couple years later, I found cartons of my Dad's literature in the attic. "Your father's crazy UFO books," my Mom called them. Despite her disapproval, I felt drawn to the subject and would occasionally pull out a musty paperback to read in private. Most of these books focussed on alleged UFO sightings and crashes -- "alien abduction" was not a topic in vogue back then -- though I do remember reading about a few CE3 cases.

While I can't claim to have had any "close encounters" myself, a few unusual experiences in my life have caused me to wonder.

Is it Whitley himself, or a family member?

There are other things that make this idea especially interesting to speculate about...

Consider one of the leading ideas in ufology: that the abduction scenario is being done by ETs of some sort, the military is in some sort of agreement with them and they are concealing the truth because it's just too scary for people to know about. If the military did indeed consider abductions to be a negative thing, such as harvesting for parts or experiments, then you would certainly think their stance in this agreement would be "abduct any civilians in the population, but not me or my family." And if the ETs were indeed just abducting a random sample of people to harvest for parts or otherwise, they would probably go along with this because in return the military would assist in their concealment. In other words, one cow is as good as another. In this case, it seems you would expect to see the percentage of military abductees to be very small or almost nil.

Now consider another popular idea: that the abduction scenario is simply a ruse completely concocted by the military to give the population the false impression that the ETs are negative entities (as Stephen Greer and others posit). If that was the case, then once again I can see no reason why military people and their families would be getting abducted in such a high concentration. In this scenario, military officials are in complete control and thus they would certainly avoid military men and their families, and abduct only civilians for the purpose of this social conditioning.

But this is just not the case, the number of people abducted who are involved in the military appears to be unusually high. What does this mean? To me, it makes the above prevailing ideas about the abduction scenario seem shakey.

Considering all of this, I think it strongly suggests that either the military considers abductions to be a positive thing, or the ETs are specifically targetting military men and their families for some reason.

In my mind, this lends a bit more weight to the idea that these entities are somehow human beings from another time. If at any point in our future we fashion a time-travel device, this device will almost certainly be in the hands of the military. If it was discovered that altering the past changed the future in some way, then perhaps they are trying to alter their current "future" by dabbling in our present.

Anyone else like to take a crack at this?

Sims can't prove he was ever a CIA agent any more than I could.

The CIA is one of those nebulous organizations that the FOIA doesn't really apply to. Especially if they are still being used in some form of disinformation.

I know a LOT about the workings of The Company. I know people in The Company. Someone like Sims would fit right in, but not in the way he'd like you to believe.

What I find most amusing is the way he describes his encounters with Secret Service. Secret Service does not deal with issues of security, the NSA does. The NSA would send their goons, and it would be less than a polite encounter.

Even if he were Ex-CIA, you never leave the company, PERIOD. You are always being used. ALWAYS.

neuromancer said:
do u guys think Whitley is legit?

I'm not 100 percent sure either way. He hasn't been busted hoaxing stuff yet. Phil Klass thought Whitley was telling the truth. I figured he'd conclude he was a liar. Whit has passed multiple lie detector tests and has multiple witnesses to many strange occurrences. A possible implant in his ear. The vid of it's partial retrieval can be seen in some thread here I posted long ago. But since it would be hard to find, I'll link directly to it:) http://www.unknowncountry.com/edge/video/

Vid is toward the bottom. I saw a longer version, but it's harder to find.

I stopped taking Strieber seriously after his Secret School book which heavily seem to imply that the Mars face is artificial. Sorry, it's pretty well established that it isn't. He seems fantasy prone and lofty. My guess is that he is being honest for the most part, if not entirely, and he may have had some experiences with the little guys. But I know that one can be honest and still hallucinate and imagine things etc.

WS would make a good guest for the Paracast. A nice plus would be if he'd mention his appearance on his show, Dreamland (if he still does it that is). That would bring more people to the site etc. :)

I used to be under the impression that black budget military were highly involved in the UFO issue. I don't take that stance anymore. I do believe that they have retrieved crashed disks I think there's more than enough evidence of this. However I find myself doubting that any human group is working daily with aliens. I understand there would be a big power appeal if your friends with the aliens. I have trouble seeing military people following another species around doing bitch work because they think it's in human or even national benefit.

I think Sims is right in his theory about the cattle mutilations and black helicopters. Also there are just too many testimonies I've read of abductees seeing military work with the aliens only to find out that they were hybrids dressed up as military. Some abductees have even been forced to dress up as military and participate in abduction of other abductees. What makes this stance so persuasive IMO is that NOBODY claimed this was going on NOBODY connected the dots. I challenge anyone to name a researcher or a vocal abductee that said this before the late 90s. Yet hidden in plain view all along the testimony of abductees for the past 40 years has pointed this direction that it was the grays all along pretending to be black helicopters, MIBs or pretending to be working with humans. This follows in line with their deceptive nature and strategically it makes perfect sense to me in the framework of what I've come to see as the gray's logic.

Here's the thing about cattle mutilations and such.

If the government wants cows, they buy them, and charge the taxpayer twice what they should, or more. They would NOT subject the animals to cruel experimentations in the public eye, for one reason. BACKLASH. People who know how the government works knows that it is in the best interest of government NOT to screw around too much with people's private property. We have NO SHORTAGE OF CATTLE.

So the government has no need to clandestinely do this sort of thing. Where do the black helicopters come in? Generally as a rule you don't see black helicopters all that often and when you do, they are usually new helicopters that have yet to be given their finished paintjobs.

Yes, that's right folks, our government routinely sends NEW helicopters out to NO-Stress, or Low-Stress targets in order to test the vehicles in question. You will never see a black helicopter with side numbers on it for this reason. They are new, and after they've been painted, they get their numbers.

Here's another aside. The type of helicopter is indicative of the base that it flies out of, and it's service mission type. A Black Hawk Helicopter, is for troop movement. A Chinook, is troop and supply movement. A Standard Bell Helicopter, the kind you see used pretty well everywhere is for either medical evac, or surveillance. If you see a Loach, they are strictly recon. Make notes of the helicopter types you see if you happen to notice them. Also take note of their flying pattern. If they are staggered, there is a perceived threat in the area. If they are side by side, or in a line, it's typical convoy movement.

There are other things to consider when talking about the whole black helicopter thing, but if you see an AIRPLANE, like a cessna, or some other small prop plane in the area, be advised that they are looking for someone, or some thing. A black airplane would be something to take note of moreso than a black helicopter.

Thanks for stating the obvious about cattle mutilations. They would be a needlessly complex way to obtain cattle tissue. For that matter, human abductions also do not "add up". Simpler and easier ways to obtain human tissue/reproductive cells could be imagined by children.

Now would someone please explain why UFOs are only semi-detectable. Guess which advanced space-faring civilization we are dealing with:

1) A civilization sufficiently advanced enough for interstellar travel wishes to remain hidden from earthlings and they succeed. No sightings, no "UFO" phenomenon.
2) They do wish to be seen and openly attempt contact. Everyone is able to fully detect them and agree on what they are.
3) They don't care if they are seen or not. Patient and alert people can fully detect them and agree on what they are.
4) They seem to want to hide, but are constantly screwing up and allowing themselves to be seen by a lucky few. But most people don't see them. The UFOs appear fleetingly, and resist attempts to be closely observed by multiple witnesses over time.

Scenario 4 doesn't make any sense, but that's where we are. Seriously, WTF? Frankly the Matrix is a more likely explanation. The cattle mutilations, the hybrid breeding program, the military. It's all some kind of symbolic dream about spyware removal.

outerjoin said:
Thanks for stating the obvious about cattle mutilations. They would be a needlessly complex way to obtain cattle tissue. For that matter, human abductions also do not "add up". Simpler and easier ways to obtain human tissue/reproductive cells could be imagined by children.

Now would someone please explain why UFOs are only semi-detectable. Guess which advanced space-faring civilization we are dealing with:

1) A civilization sufficiently advanced enough for interstellar travel wishes to remain hidden from earthlings and they succeed. No sightings, no "UFO" phenomenon.
2) They do wish to be seen and openly attempt contact. Everyone is able to fully detect them and agree on what they are.
3) They don't care if they are seen or not. Patient and alert people can fully detect them and agree on what they are.
4) They seem to want to hide, but are constantly screwing up and allowing themselves to be seen by a lucky few. But most people don't see them. The UFOs appear fleetingly, and resist attempts to be closely observed by multiple witnesses over time.

Scenario 4 doesn't make any sense, but that's where we are. Seriously, WTF? Frankly the Matrix is a more likely explanation. The cattle mutilations, the hybrid breeding program, the military. It's all some kind of symbolic dream about spyware removal.

The best reason I can conceive of that the military might be involved in the cattle mutilations is that these actions are part of some sort of psychological conditioning tactic. For example, to provide further support for the "myth" that the inhabitants of ufos are extraterrestrials taking samples of earth creatures.

After the last show, new names for the list:

-Derrel Sims
-Bill Hamilton
-Dan Burisch
-Ralph Ring
-John Lear (not sure, but I believe he recounts an abduction experience)
-Betty and Barney Hill

(please add to this list if you can, or correct any mistakes)

There are some good cases like Debbie Jordan, who claim to have been abducted by humans. It MAY be that they are interested in what the greys are doing to humans. Same sort of thing goes on reportedly with "black helicopters".

Back