• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A VERY special musical gift for Paracasters

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
Strap yourselves in, 'cause this is almost too good to be true.

Microsoft has announced a new piece of software called Songsmith. is achingly bad, but describes what this thing does (and take note that the kid's laptop is a disguised Apple Macbook - good going, Microsoft).

In an unrelated note, it also turns out that there's from Van Halen's classic first album.

Then, in a stroke of utter genius, a member of MetaFilter decided to feed the David Lee Roth track to Songsmith, to see what it would come up with for backing instrumentals. The result is here, and it's beyond bad - it's perfection on this Earth, an instant classic, the soundtrack to a Hell so painful, that I'd like to spend a day there just to say that I'd visited.

Enjoy!

dB

OMFG. What an abysmal piece of crap. I never thought I'd hear Dave Lee Roth singing along with the local church keyboard player.

Sod Songsmith. Where can I get me some glow in the dark towels? :D

anything microsoft is bound to be shit. i am proud to say my system is microsoft free.

Oy!!!! Seriously, I've heard better music on a Commodore 64. There is simply no excuse for this.

HAHAHAHAH! DLR'S Isolated vox track....that is awesome! I already fired that off to some VH fans I know...THX Dave for the post!:D

You know...

This ranks right up there, with the Rammstein Christmas Album.

I actually made a few Shroud Of Turin beach towels.

Not too popular with the Christian Crowd.

OH jeez, look at the sliders down the bottom: "Happy", "Jazzy" ... God knows what else they have.

IM thinking "Bluesy", "Folky", "Rocky", "Pop", "Indy", ...

Thats just insulting.

Then, in a stroke of utter genius, a member of MetaFilter decided to feed the David Lee Roth track to Songsmith, to see what it would come up with for backing instrumentals. The result is here, and it's beyond bad - it's perfection on this Earth, an instant classic, the soundtrack to a Hell so painful, that I'd like to spend a day there just to say that I'd visited.

Enjoy!

dB

I see what theyve done there! A simple error is all. They had the 'Jazzy" slider too far to the right, when it needed more 'Rock'n'.

*shudders*

The pianos downstairs, but it seems to just run through a 1-4-5-1 cycle with slight variations therein, no matter what the song is.

Man is that nasty! Too much resolution.

This reminded me that David Lee Roth really did have a good voice back in the day, didn't he?

I make electronic music totally as a hobby with my computer, without a keyboard to write the music on. That's right, I do it all in the piano roll editor! It might be sort of cool to be able to think up a melody, hum something and have a program spit out some chords for me to play around with. I see Songsmith does in fact export MIDI files. I am going to try it out.

Back