• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Tremendous Bright Orange Light

TimeExplorer

Skilled Investigator
Thinking all the things that happened in my life time been basically shoving these experiences off my shoulders as ( beginning Sleep Paralysis hallucinations ) or is it? You decide for yourself.

Back in the year 2006 sometime in November approximately 8:30pm..I was alone and I decided to take a quick nap in my bed after a hard day's work.
All lights were out except for a night light beside my bed. I was resting in my bed with my eyes closed and all of a sudden i hear a ( Clicking sound) of my computer being turned on by itself in the kitchen at the time. I immediately open my eyes :eek: and saw this bright orange tremendous light shining thru my window. I turn my head from left to right blinking my eyes couple of times to make sure if im seeing this right.. yes, im still seeing orange and it is getting brighter by the second to the point i can not see the walls ( blinded by the light):cool: The first thing that came to my mind is ( House Fire) I spranged up in my bed feeling terrified and ran into the kitchen turning all lights on in my house including the hallway. I sat down on the stairs in my hallway feeling terrified grasping for air..it took me 3 minutes to calm myself down..I notice there were no burning smell and everything was quiet. I got up and went back into my bedroom slowly and notice the orange light is gone..everything looked normal except for the computer is on and my phone was flashing red lights. I thought this was a bit odd but shut it off and reset my phone. I looked out from my bedroom window and saw no light, no fire..NOTHING..The next day or so I told my friend about how things were turning on by themselves in my home..Im thinking it must be a glitch in the eletricity and part of a dream..1 month later in December 2006 near Christmas time... I had my best friend sleeping over in my livingroom on a couch with a big white lighted christmas tree in front of our window near the corner facing my friend where she is sleeping. We all went to bed around 12:30am ( my husband me and my friend) The next day in the morning, My best friend came into the kitchen to me and said, " I have something to tell you..I saw a bright orange light coming behind the christmas tree seeing all orange in the room thinking that the christmas tree was on fire..The TV, computer, phone, Christmas lights were blinking on and off ( My Christmas lights dont blink) and DVD player turned on by themselves" I was so shocked of what my friend said to me that day I said," Your kidding.!!.well, that proves im not crazy!! I experienced the same thing in my bedroom...I told her, " why didnt you come and wake me up?" She said she was yelling my name a dozen times from the livingroom and i heard nothing. my husband and i were sound asleep... My friend was so terrified :eek: she took her blanket and hide underneath the covers..When she peak out from underneath the covers..The bright orange light disappeared and everything was shut off except for the computer..my friend tried to shut it off but did not know how too..I shut it off that day feeling stunned....I want to know what your thoughts about this experience.

Wow, interesting! When your computer was turned on, was it doing anything (like scanning itself for data or something)? Do you have any missing time that you know of whever this happens? It only happened those couple times and that's it?

Next time it happens (if you are in same place where it did occur) write down the time and try to get a pic/video of it if you can!

Anyone else in your neighborhood ever report the same orange light?

Thanks for sharing!:)

Bixyboo

Wow, interesting! When your computer was turned on, was it doing anything (like scanning itself for data or something)? Do you have any missing time that you know of whever this happens? It only happened those couple times and that's it?

Next time it happens (if you are in same place where it did occur) write down the time and try to get a pic/video of it if you can!

Bixyboo

yes, It only happened those 2 times...My friend and I were so terrified we did not bother looking at the time... To the best of my knowledge i heard nothing from other people who experience an orange light..just us!!..No the computer was just turned on

Bixyboo

I dont know if this will ever happen again..but thanks for your advice Bixyboo..I will next time

What kind of orange was it? Was it a deep, dark orange light like something you'd never see or was it like a Christmas light orange or an emergency vehicle orange, perhaps?

What kind of orange was it? Was it a deep, dark orange light like something you'd never see or was it like a Christmas light orange or an emergency vehicle orange, perhaps?

This was like a bright as fire orange at first...then it got even brighter to the point i couldnt see the walls of my room...I was wondering though..do you think the nightlight lamp of the room and christmas lights had anything to do with us seeing orange? EX: when you lying underneath the sun directly for an hour getting a tan..you wake up almost blind seeing dark purple..Do you that could be a connection link?

I don't know, tough to say. *shrug* Did you notice any rash or suntan-effect from being exposed to such a bright light like that? Did you remember feeling any kind of sensations in your body, too? Any strange tastes in your mouth, scents/odors? etc?

This was like a bright as fire orange at first...then it got even brighter to the point i couldnt see the walls of my room...I was wondering though..do you think the nightlight lamp of the room and christmas lights had anything to do with us seeing orange? EX: when you lying underneath the sun directly for an hour getting a tan..you wake up almost blind seeing dark purple..Do you that could be a connection link?

This was like a bright as fire orange at first...then it got even brighter to the point i couldnt see the walls of my room...I was wondering though..do you think the nightlight lamp of the room and christmas lights had anything to do with us seeing orange? EX: when you lying underneath the sun directly for an hour getting a tan..you wake up almost blind seeing dark purple..Do you THINK that could be a connection link?...sorry about my English

I don't know, tough to say. *shrug* Did you notice any rash or suntan-effect from being exposed to such a bright light like that? Did you remember feeling any kind of sensations in your body, too? Any strange tastes in your mouth, scents/odors? etc?

I had a rash on my arms and face but that could be nerves..i really dont know...no suntan effect..no strange tastes...pins and needles sensations some stiffness

Any sounds associated with all this?

Also - I had an ORANGE LIGHT event when I was about 12 years old. See: ORANGE FLASH AND MISSING TIME in this "personal experience" forum.

Any sounds associated with all this?

Also - I had an ORANGE LIGHT event when I was about 12 years old. See: ORANGE FLASH AND MISSING TIME in this "personal experience" forum.

The bright orange light was silent..The only thing i can hear clicks of my computer being turned on and seeing my phone lights flashing. ( Bedroom)

My friend same thing orange bright light being silent...She heard and see tv, computer, phone, dvd player turned on by themselves and Christmas lights blinking on and off which my christmas light dont blink.
She also seen phone lights and computer lights going back forth to each other...She saw Christmas tree all orange thinking it was on fire (Livingroom)

I too have had an experience which involves orange light. can you remember if the light was uniform in color or texture.

Many years ago I woke up in the middle of the night with an extremely bright, flickering, bluish-white light flashing through the window blinds. My neighbor was a welder and, attempting to rationalize what was going on, had the absurd thought that he was welding something outside in my yard. I remember thinking that didn't make sense, but I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. I don't know how long I was out, but I was later startled awake by a loud bang. I thought someone was trying to break in and grabbed my shotgun to go investigate. There was nothing out of order, but it always seemed strange to me that I didn't look to see what was making the light outside.

Many years ago I woke up in the middle of the night with an extremely bright, flickering, bluish-white light flashing through the window blinds. My neighbor was a welder and, attempting to rationalize what was going on, had the absurd thought that he was welding something outside in my yard. I remember thinking that didn't make sense, but I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. I don't know how long I was out, but I was later startled awake by a loud bang. I thought someone was trying to break in and grabbed my shotgun to go investigate. There was nothing out of order, but it always seemed strange to me that I didn't look to see what was making the light outside.

I have also had very, more or less, white light come through my bedroom window in the middle of the night and say to myself oh it must be the sun. My window is facing west! I also like to use oh it is just the cat when I feel several beings around...strange. I know better am I really thinking this or is that somehow suggested by the beings so I stay somewhat unaware.

I met a fellow at a conference about a year ago. He had a VERY close UFO sighting, and it had implications beyond just seeing it.

He also had an orange light story. I am going to paraphrase his story;

As a boy he was home at night with his younger sibling. He was the living room and he heard a clicking noise in the kitchen. He said it sounded like the light switch going on and off continuously, but the light wasn't going on, the kitchen stayed dark. He said he went into the kitchen, and walked right up to the switch in the dark, and could hear it (but not see it) in the dark room.

He was totally scared, enough that he said he got a knife from the kitchen. And then said he saw the entire sky out his window glowing a bright ORANGE. He said it was really weird. THen he ran up to his bed and hid under the covers. When his parents came home they said they didn't see anything odd about the sky.

So - another ORANGE light story, with an odd detail that seems to include an electric switch.

I have been researching orange light associations with no success except for this discussion form. I threw a party at my house on the 8th. Sometime in the middle of the night I woke up. My cat is in heat so I thought she woke me up so I sat up slightly to listen better and I noticed the floor was glowing orange under the bed. With it being brighter towards the foot of the bed on my side. The deep orange was brightly glowing about 2’ high. I thought the house was on fire right away. Then I looked around the room trying to see and smell smoke. There was nothing, and I thought the smoke detectors would go off. My bestfriend was in the next room and I remembered he spent the night as I was waking up more and thought of there was a fire he would be the first one to know. I started to become very sleepy and suddenly did not care about the glowing and went to sleep starting at it.

I dont know why I hadnt found it eariler! It was about 2007 ( I was 17), end of October, I was watching tv series till very late at night and around 3 am decided to close my laptop and be off to sleep. I got up from my bed and went to my desk to put my computer away. I did it and turned around toward my bed. Then I realized there is something odd, it was middle of the night, but my whole room was lightened in orange light! I was so shocked by this fact and then turned my head to my big balcony windows and I saw far far away a very big "airship" that was just above the skyline of the woods, and it was all orange. I was standing and watching through my window for a couple of minutes I guess, didnt know what to do (I was scared to wake up my parents because I had thought they would be angry I was awake at 3am) so I rushed to my bed, covered myself with the blanket and started to singing (I was so scared!). Then I tought I was hearing some noises from my staircase, like somebody was walking up the stairs (for sure noone from family, everybody was sleeping)..so I got even more scared but somehow I fell asleep. Next morning there no evidence of that and no one believed me. Good to know there are lot of orange lights story!

I dont know why I hadnt found it eariler! It was about 2007 ( I was 17), end of October, I was watching tv series till very late at night and around 3 am decided to close my laptop and be off to sleep. I got up from my bed and went to my desk to put my computer away. I did it and turned around toward my bed. Then I realized there is something odd, it was middle of the night, but my whole room was lightened in orange light! I was so shocked by this fact and then turned my head to my big balcony windows and I saw far far away a very big "airship" that was just above the skyline of the woods, and it was all orange. I was standing and watching through my window for a couple of minutes I guess, didnt know what to do (I was scared to wake up my parents because I had thought they would be angry I was awake at 3am) so I rushed to my bed, covered myself with the blanket and started to singing (I was so scared!). Then I tought I was hearing some noises from my staircase, like somebody was walking up the stairs (for sure noone from family, everybody was sleeping)..so I got even more scared but somehow I fell asleep. Next morning there no evidence of that and no one believed me. Good to know there are lot of orange lights story!
sorry for my English but every time when I get back to this situation I get very emotional and I just wanted to share my story

Back