• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Morphological Precedent

Or we just move from reality to reality routinely. But the differences aren’t sufficient to make for more than minor disruptions.

Or those who are running this video game are switching things just to screw with us.

Or we just move from reality to reality routinely. But the differences aren’t sufficient to make for more than minor disruptions.
I like that one because it doesn't necessarily mean that there there are any overlords pulling the levers. Then again, if UFOs do carry aliens from other realms, and they are abducting people, maybe they are also causal agents for The Mandela Effect. Maybe part of their abduction experiments involves seeing what happens when they switch things around, not like they're controlling the whole grand design, but are just on a level where they're capable of that sort of interaction with the multiverse.

Last edited:
Well, none of them appeared to be intelligent, have a civilization, or use complex tools. My point about this is that it doesn't appear to be any kind of convergence on the hominid body plan to produce intelligence and civilization in terrestrial history, so why would we think it would be the case generally in other civilizations across the galaxy?

Again, we can't rule out eventual Dino convergence had they had more time. Even if only one lineage produces the hominid body plan, once is all it takes, per planet. ;)

Cool. I didn't know anyone had actually put a label this line of contemplation.

Dr. Who - The Silurians

The cool thing is that again sci fi like Dr Who and Star Trek continues to keep scientists engaged, thinking, and creative in their approaches - enough to actually formulate and test the hypothesis.

The uncool thing is that they found zero evidence of past industrial high civilizations.

The Mandela Effect isn't so much about our histories being false as it is about our memory about them not matching the recorded history in this realm, in which case, if our memories are accurate, and so is the recorded history here, the only explanation is a multiverse that allows for the transplanting of individuals between universes without them necessarily being aware of it, other than to have these strange experiences.

So it is possible that if you believe your memory is accurate, and so is the recorded history of this particular realm, then you may be one such transplant, along with myself and some not insignificant number of others. Have you ever had a period of missing time?
I have no missing time.

Have you read David Deutsch? It can be that alternative realities are all true as well.

Interesting question is that if there are alternative realities, why a human mind can remember more than one? I probbaly have to turn a buddhist or something if this is true!

I have no missing time. Have you read David Deutsch? It can be that alternative realities are all true as well.
No I haven't read Deutsch. Perhaps I'll have to check it out.
Interesting question is that if there are alternative realities, why a human mind can remember more than one?
That actually be a more interesting question than you realize. I had a rather strange experience the other day where I began to wonder exactly that question. I had been exchanging messages on another site with someone over the course of the day. There was a bit of a delay between exchanges, and when I would go to to update the screen and review the correspondence, it was as if my posts had been changed to some extent.

The odd thing is that at first I would be sure they had been changed, and I wondered if the system or system admin was playing some kind of mindgame with me, but then over the course of the next few minutes everything seemed to all go back to normal, and I couldn't remember why I thought anything had seemed different. This happened several times to the point where I began to wonder if my brain was having serious issues.

Then whatever it was just seemed to stop. I wasn't stoned, or on anything, and I've never experienced anything quite like it. This would be the third rather strange experience I've been through over the course of about a year. No aliens, nothing that seems big enough to really worry about, but just plain weird.

The others were waking-up to find the blankets on my bed made-up in a different order than they were when I went to sleep, and some sort of time shift, or very strange clock malfunction, or what the cause was I don't know, but my digital alarm clock seemed to get stuck at exactly 6:30 AM for a span of around 20 mins.

Back