• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Morphological Precedent

Golden_Vimana

Skilled Investigator
Hey all

I’ll preface this by acknowledging this is in no way a unique observation. I do however feel it’s definitely a topic worthy of discussion.

So, I like most of you have been mentally invested in the UFO phenomenon for a while now. One of the things you cannot help but notice is the consistency in the details when people describe the prototypical “Grey” alien. At this point, I’ve heard these following characteristics reported by literally thousands of people. People who do not know each other, who’s accounts span decades, and who are from all over the world:

• Large black almond shaped eyes
• A bald, oversized, teardrop shaped head
• No visible ears, an understated nose, and very small mouth
• Totally lacking facial expressions
• Diminutive
• A body devoid of musculature, unbelievably thin
• No sexual organs
• Wearing a skin tight suit
• Capable of telepathic communication, no oral speech

These are very specific details - and when you look at the entire cannon of reports, their specificity/consistency should not be ignored. This may very well be a symptom of a physical phenomenon, I mean, it has all the markings of one.

Now, skeptics, and many in the UFO community alike may favor the concept that the similarity in description is some sort of mass hysteria fueled by sci-fi’s depictions of aliens. The idea that Whitley Streiber’s “Communion” basically planted this archetype into public consciousness has been proposed by some. There’s a number of reasons why this can’t be true. First off, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” was released in 1977, 10 years beforehand, and Spielberg went through great lengths to mimic real preexisting UFO/close encounter accounts. That final scene burnt into all of our memories, showcases your typical “Grey”. The idea that this common depiction of an E.T. predates “Communion” isn’t all that profound of a statement though - it becomes interesting when you start going back further and further, before the existence of pop culture. Aleister Crowleys summoning of the being he called “Lam” takes us back to the early 1900’s, and it’s a dead ringer for the suspect in question.

Ok, now, I’m going to actually tie this all to the title. When evolutionary scientists extrapolate, and describe the future of human morphology, there’s a certain point at which they’re basically describing a “Grey”. One of the things they take into consideration when developing this projection is the prospect of us becoming space fairing, and the effect that will have on our physical traits. These aren’t tin foil hat UFO conference goers. These are scientists who came to this conclusion independently, based on the empirical data that’s been amassed in their study of human genetics. When you combine that, with the countless corroborating reports from all over the world, I mean...where there’s smoke, there’s likely fire, right?

Attachments

• 87F66555-90E5-4CD0-8145-CB205B6CAD06.jpeg
    87F66555-90E5-4CD0-8145-CB205B6CAD06.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hey all

I’ll preface this by acknowledging this is in no way a unique observation. I do however feel it’s definitely a topic worthy of discussion.

So, I like most of you have been mentally invested in the UFO phenomenon for a while now. One of the things you cannot help but notice is the consistency in the details when people describe the prototypical “Grey” alien. At this point, I’ve heard these following characteristics reported by literally thousands of people. People who do not know each other, who’s accounts span decades, and who are from all over the world:

• Diminutive
• No sexual organs

These are very specific details - and when you look at the entire cannon of reports, their specificity/consistency should not be ignored. This may very well be a symptom of a physical phenomenon, I mean, it has all the markings of one.

Now, skeptics, and many in the UFO community alike may favor the concept that the similarity in description is some sort of mass hysteria fueled by sci-fi’s depictions of aliens. The idea that Whitley Streiber’s “Communion” basically planted this archetype into public consciousness has been proposed by some. There’s a number of reasons why this can’t be true. First off, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” was released in 1977, 10 years beforehand, and Spielberg went through great lengths to mimic real preexisting UFO/close encounter accounts. That final scene burnt into all of our memories, showcases your typical “Grey”. The idea that this common depiction of an E.T. predates “Communion” isn’t all that profound of a statement though - it becomes interesting when you start going back further and further, before the existence of pop culture. Aleister Crowleys summoning of the being he called “Lam” takes us back to the early 1900’s, and it’s a dead ringer for the suspect in question.

Ok, now, I’m going to actually tie this all to the title. When evolutionary scientists extrapolate, and describe the future of human morphology, there’s a certain point at which they’re basically describing a “Grey”. One of the things they take into consideration when developing this projection is the prospect of us becoming space fairing, and the effect that will have on our physical traits. These aren’t tin foil hat UFO conference goers. These are scientists who came to this conclusion independently, based on the empirical data that’s been amassed in their study of human genetics. When you combine that, with the countless corroborating reports from all over the world, I mean...where there’s smoke, there’s likely fire, right?
I'll have a look around to find the name of the book I read a year or so ago that fully and totally convinces me that at least some of these critters are, in fact, us. Maybe from our future, or a future, or a parallel universe... but we're kissing cousins at least. Neoteny is driving us to look a lot like them.

Essentially we are developing into what a grey would look like. And hell, they're bipedal, bilaterally symmetrical big-headed intelligent tool users that breathe our air without respirators, handle our gravity just fine, and well... act a lot like us, too.

They're us. At least some of them. I'm convinced of it. I'll try to dig the book out.

I'll have a look around to find the name of the book I read a year or so ago that fully and totally convinces me that at least some of these critters are, in fact, us. Maybe from our future, or a future, or a parallel universe... but we're kissing cousins at least. Neoteny is driving us to look a lot like them.

Essentially we are developing into what a grey would look like. And hell, they're bipedal, bilaterally symmetrical big-headed intelligent tool users that breathe our air without respirators, handle our gravity just fine, and well... act a lot like us, too.

They're us. At least some of them. I'm convinced of it. I'll try to dig the book out.

Hey Marduk. Yea, definitely pass that along! I think one of those possibilities, all of them being equally likely, is that Grey-like traits are an inevitability for bipedal beings. So, even if they’re not necessarily “us”, maybe they’re just what all bipedal beings end up looking like over time. Maybe we’re related in our eventuality.

I’m realizing I actually left an important characteristic out, one that’s reported almost as commonly as the others: a complete and total lack of emotion. I’ve heard that one repeated over, and over again. Here’s where it hits a little closer to home...

I was a at a bar one night, more than 10 years ago with a friend. There happened to be a chalkboard at the bar, and I just happened to draw a picture of a Grey alien head. A friend of mine, who I’m still close with to this day, looks at the drawing, and then looks at me and says

“They’re real, and they have absolutely no emotion.” He then walks off, not wanting to delve into what he just said. Here’s something you need to know about him: A. He’s not one to make things up (he’s actually a doctor now, very logical, pragmatic, not a story teller) B. He had absolutely no interest in the subject.

Just an interesting little anecdote I thought I’d share. There’s another one that’s, well, a lot more personal. But I feel we should probably work our way up to that one haha.

Hey Marduk. Yea, definitely pass that along!
Found it... The book is Identified Flying Objects by Michael P Masters: Identified Flying Objects: A Multidisciplinary Scientific Approach to the UFO Phenomenon: Masters, Dr. Michael P: 9781733634069: Books - Amazon.ca.
I think one of those possibilities, all of them being equally likely, is that Grey-like traits are an inevitability for bipedal beings. So, even if they’re not necessarily “us”, maybe they’re just what all bipedal beings end up looking like over time. Maybe we’re related in our eventuality.
I don't think so. I thought as you did - of a Star-Trek like universe where bipedal oxy breathers might be an evolutionary convergence... but I don't think so. First principles:
1. they breathe our air. I've seen them do it.
2. they do just fine in 1G gravity.
3. they are very obviously hominids. Once you think about it, you see it. At least that's my experience.
4. if hybridization is a thing (and I'm not at all convinced it is) then we must be related somehow. How the heck would we share enough DNA sequences to do so otherwise? Or use DNA at all?
There's so much more in the book... give it a go and let me know what you think.
I’m realizing I actually left an important characteristic out, one that’s reported almost as commonly as the others: a complete and total lack of emotion. I’ve heard that one repeated over, and over again. Here’s where it hits a little closer to home...
In my experience it's not so much a lack of emotion as it is apathy. At least that's my experience. It's like going to the doctor. Good ones are good at faking a bedside manner, bad ones don't. But either way they have a job to do and just want it done.
I was a at a bar one night, more than 10 years ago with a friend. There happened to be a chalkboard at the bar, and I just happened to draw a picture of a Grey alien head. A friend of mine, who I’m still close with to this day, looks at the drawing, and then looks at me and says

“They’re real, and they have absolutely no emotion.” He then walks off, not wanting to delve into what he just said. Here’s something you need to know about him: A. He’s not one to make things up (he’s actually a doctor now, very logical, pragmatic, not a story teller) B. He had absolutely no interest in the subject.

Just an interesting little anecdote I thought I’d share. There’s another one that’s, well, a lot more personal. But I feel we should probably work our way up to that one haha.
Love it. Thanks for sharing. I don't disagree with it per se, but it may be that just because they don't seem to show us emotions doesn't mean they don't have them, or show them to each other. They certainly understand them. Fear at least.

At this point, I’ve heard these following characteristics reported by literally thousands of people. People who do not know each other, who’s accounts span decades, and who are from all over the world:

• Diminutive
• No sexual organs

Thousands of people were able to determine they have no sex organs? That's based on old Stringfield reports. I doubt thousands experienced telepathic communication; witnesses aren't necessarily contactes. The variety in reported beings is vast. Octopoid, insectoid--are these our future too (lol)? Even "grays" can be more humanlike and have facial expressions e.g. the Hill ones.
Ok, now, I’m going to actually tie this all to the title. When evolutionary scientists extrapolate, and describe the future of human morphology, there’s a certain point at which they’re basically describing a “Grey”.

The future of human morphology will almost certainly owe more to artificial creation than natural evolution. Sure, future humans may well resemble UFO entities. That doesn't mean we're seeing future humans. It's likely that skinny "grays" are logistically undemanding hence well suited to long space trips. Note they arrive in flying machines and go back up.

Thousands of people were able to determine they have no sex organs? That's based on old Stringfield reports. I doubt thousands experienced telepathic communication; witnesses aren't necessarily contactes. The variety in reported beings is vast. Octopoid, insectoid--are these our future too (lol)? Even "grays" can be more humanlike and have facial expressions e.g. the Hill ones.
Lol, good point. Strieber, for example, claims to have had sex with one. So did Villas-Boas.
The future of human morphology will almost certainly owe more to artificial creation than natural evolution. Sure, future humans may well resemble UFO entities. That doesn't mean we're seeing future humans. It's likely that skinny "grays" are logistically undemanding hence well suited to long space trips. Note they arrive in flying machines and go back up.
There's some good points here as well.

The thing is, it's so compelling once you stand back and take a look at it. I mean, look at the scrolling gif at the bottom of this page with a grey.
It's hominid. I mean, clearly hominid. Occam's razor would say that if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck... then it's a duck.

In a post-nanotech world it would certainly be possible to have your form be whatever you want. At the same time, they mostly follow the human body plan. Not all, but most for sure.

Always think of the story of Ben Rich and linkage with Moore. ?All the eyewitness reports and books with references . Also MJ-12 is credible -Stan's spotlight was correct on the legit and the confirmation is already out there. Nick never saw the Archives. ?

There's some good points here as well.

The thing is, it's so compelling once you stand back and take a look at it. I mean, look at the scrolling gif at the bottom of this page with a grey.
It's hominid. I mean, clearly hominid. Occam's razor would say that if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck... then it's a duck.

In a post-nanotech world it would certainly be possible to have your form be whatever you want. At the same time, they mostly follow the human body plan. Not all, but most for sure.

Look at all the examples of convergent evolution in Earth's history. In some ways Meiolania was remarkably ankylosaur-like despite being unrelated to any dinosaur. It wouldn't be surprising if intelligent life forms converged with humans or nearly all have the same basic morphology, considering that only an Earthlike environment--conducive to a similar evolutionary outcome--can foster advanced life, or perhaps any.

Yea, I would never presuppose that evolutionary scientist’s future projections of our physical traits point to greys being us. I said in a later comment, it may be that grey-like characteristics may be in a sense some sort of evolutionary inevitably, that is for space fairing bipedal beings. The feedback loop between an environment that includes space travel, and genetics, may over thousands/millions of years manufacture a grey-like form.

Look at all the examples of convergent evolution in Earth's history. In some ways Meiolania was remarkably ankylosaur-like despite being unrelated to any dinosaur. It wouldn't be surprising if intelligent life forms converged with humans or nearly all have the same basic morphology, considering that only an Earthlike environment--conducive to a similar evolutionary outcome--can foster advanced life, or perhaps any.
Yea just like silver can only form with certain geological ingredients present, maybe intelligent life only arises if a species’ genetics goes down a specific narrow path. One of the exceptions to this “rule” would be dolphins though. What’s funny is, within their fins, there is the skeletal precursor to a hand. It’s actually not a precursor, they inherited it from their ancestors, and then a fin formed around it to adapt to their environment. But, what if their genetic path had zigged instead of zagged, and they formed the hands necessary to manipulate their environment? We may have very well have been sharing the planet with intelligent dolphin descendants. If that’s the case here, there may be other planets where multiple species of intelligent life evolved parallel to each other, independently.

Yea just like silver can only form with certain geological ingredients present, maybe intelligent life only arises if a species’ genetics goes down a specific narrow path. One of the exceptions to this “rule” would be dolphins though.

Ever read The Tripods Trilogy ? I presume the fictional aliens are based on the intelligence of octopoids here and the likelihood that a bigger terrestrial planet ("superearth") would be so volatile-rich its intelligent life form would come from a marine environment. But I very much doubt an aquatic form--or something from a high-gravity world--would become spacefaring.

If that’s the case here, there may be other planets where multiple species of intelligent life evolved parallel to each other, independently.

The history of our planet suggests otherwise. Like other niches, the sentient one doesn't seem to have room for more than one species, or competition ensures it's limited to one. Consider the fate of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis--and before him Paranthropus robustus--faced with brainier competition.

Always think of the story of Ben Rich and linkage with Moore. ?All the eyewitness reports and books with references . Also MJ-12 is credible -Stan's spotlight was correct on the legit and the confirmation is already out there. Nick never saw the Archives. ?
No way is MJ-12 credible.

A couple things.

First of all, we're cousins with the dinosaurs. They evolved on our planet, breathed oxygen, and we had a common ancestor.

Out there, anything could happen. None of those things need to be true.

No way is MJ-12 credible.
I've reviewed the details on both sides of the debate, and unless I'm missing something, for me MJ-12 adds-up to more than a simple fakery to dupe UFO investigators. We'd have to assume that Friedman was in on it, or that if he wasn't, that someone else planted documents in government archives for him to find. So far as I know, to his death, Stan never waivered about his honesty, and that means ( to me ) that some shadowy players went to a lot of effort to deceive him.

Then we have the report from William Puckett who claims he also had copies of the MJ-12 documents. So far as I know, no credible skeptics have come along to admit a hoax either. So that leaves us with an very complex web of deception that IMO isn't likely to be the work of some random anonymous citizen. It seems designed specifically to do one of two things:
  1. To setup UFO researchers for failure in a Robertson Panel like manner ( implying government agents were themselves involved ).
  2. Expose a genuine group using documents that the creator wanted to look as much like the real thing as possible so as to be taken seriously.
Whatever the case, the MJ-12 intrigue points to something I feel intuitively ( and logically ) must be a true. Some people in and/or closely affiliated with Government agencies do indeed know a lot more than they've telling us about alien visitation because they have the evidence and we don't, period.

I've reviewed the details on both sides of the debate, and unless I'm missing something, for me MJ-12 adds-up to more than a simple fakery to dupe UFO investigators. We'd have to assume that Friedman was in on it…..

IMO MJ12 is based on truth--Roswell was real and ET--but seeks to maintain key secrets about the affair, by feeding UFOlogists false information about it.

So that leaves us with an very complex web of deception that IMO isn't likely to be the work of some random anonymous citizen.

Of course it was the work of the government.

Whatever the case, the MJ-12 intrigue points to something I feel intuitively ( and logically ) must be a true. Some people in and/or closely affiliated with Government agencies do indeed know a lot more than they've telling us about alien visitation because they have the evidence and we don't, period.
Sure. I doubt there will be disclosure within our lifetimes. But see The Alien Grand Design--quite possibly the closest we'll get to it while we're still around.

A couple things.

First of all, we're cousins with the dinosaurs. They evolved on our planet, breathed oxygen, and we had a common ancestor.

Sure, but it's generally assumed that only an Earthlike planet, with similar environments, can foster advanced life so I don't think that makes much difference.

Out there, anything could happen. None of those things need to be true.

I don't think anything can happen out there or we'd have found super-extremophiles in the atmosphere of Venus or the surface of Mars.

Back