• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Monster Interview with Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
In keeping with our current concerns over what the government knows about is, we've invited Nick Redfern to return to The Paracast to discuss his new book, "Monster Files: A Look Inside Government Secrets and Classified Documents on Bizarre Creatures and Extraordinary Animals."

Talk about monsters!

The episode will be recorded from 4 to 6 PM Pacific, Tuesday, June 11.

Ask away!

Do you have a favorite monster?

What do you think might account for the werewolf myth persisting probably from prehistoric times all through the late the middle ages. when there was a regular werewolf craze second only to the witch craze, to well into the 1800s?

@ Nick and Chris: I recently found a strange sentence while googling the term "Wendigo" :
the creature could only be seen if it faced the witness head-on, because it was so thin that it could not be seen from the side
which reminded me a lot of Chris's description of beings that looked rather two-dimensional. Do you have more stories or reports with that two dimensional (and I guess high strange) aspect? (my original post on that)

I guess the mountain gorilla was considered by western scientists to be some kind of made-up monster before its existence was proven. Any more animals that went from myth to fact?

How many Nick Redferns are there? I ask because I find it hard to believe that one guy can write so many books on so many topics.

Seriously though, with all the topics that you've covered, which is your favourite one.

what is your slant on the checkered shirt phenomenon which is been reported on beings from Bigfoot to the grinning man?

Do the "Extraordinary Animals" include Dolphins, attempts to communicate with them, their white world work with the U.S. Navy and probably black world work with the CIA and others?

First time poster

Nick, With all the documents and reports the government (US and foreign) seem to have referring to all these "monsters" and "creatures" Do you know of any country, state, city, or providence that might have an actual protocol on how to handle an appearance or attack by any of these cuddly creatures?

Side note; Nick I'm in Arlington, TX as well. Any chance I can pick your brain sometime in person?

I'll bring the refreshments

bottle-monsters-monsters-attack.png

I actually won a bottle of this a few weeks ago as first prize in a Dr Who costume competition lol

Has he had any paranormal experiences himself?

Has he ever caught any flack from the "powers that be" for writing any of his books?

What cryptids does he feel as though might actually be real, living, flesh and blood creatures?

Perhaps he could explain or elaborate on the "extra-dimensional bigfoot" theory that I've heard him mention on the Mysterious Universe podcast?

Does he have any advice for someone just starting out to get their book into the market?

How many hours a week does he work?

Which co-author did he most enjoy working with?

What book is he least proud of and most proud of?

Does it concern you that government is taking interest is this subject? Would it suggest to you that possibly all of these creatures are some how interconnected ? And if so do you think it is some type of portal or dimensional rip?

Does the fact that the gov't spends time researching "monsters"'point to an enormous waste of tax dollars or is their some odd logic at work that says every rock should be looked under and every lake monster sighting investigated because you never know what is either connected to the enemy or will give you potential power over the enemy? What do you think is behind gov't investigation of pyramids, noah's ark, monsters etc? Do they just have too many agents with too much time on their hands?

Nick, what do you make of the bizarre pictures of the calf that was born with human features? I believe that it was shown on a episode of UFO hunters. do you think it was do to environmental issues or government intervention?

Back