• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Curious & Specific UFO Phenomenon

Jeff Davis

Paranormal Adept
The title of this post refers to a specific type of UFO. It is described as a white cigar with a black band in the center. The observed flight behavior of these objects is many times described as identical from one case to another.

It seems as though these objects travel in pairs. One behind the other in the same precise line of travel. Often times the objects are close enough where the witness observes both, but not always.
Here are a few reported case files that describe what I am referring to.

LONG DESCRIPTION OF SIGHTING REPORT

Case closed: Minnesota witness tracks multiple cylinder UFOs - National ufo | Examiner.com

LONG DESCRIPTION OF SIGHTING REPORT

Case closed: Oklahoma witness gives chase to cigar-shaped UFO - National ufo | Examiner.com

This is a fascinating observation phenomenon that I was hoping to get some alternate perspective on. If one goes to Google, they will find literally hundreds of reports and photos of this type of UFO.

From a distance these objects appear to be white cigar or fuselage shaped objects with a black band directly in the center. I can assure you this is NOT the case.

With great respect for these cool UFOs, I consider myself uniquely qualified (that's a joke!) to comment, as it was none other than yours truly that made the first MUFON report that I listed.

This is the video that I refer to in my report from September, 2011. Followed by another video of the exact same type of UFO.

http://www.mufoncms.com/files/23824_submitter_file1__UFOAdirondackFoothills2010.mov

http://www.mufoncms.com/files/24077_submitter_file1__UFOcleardaytimeJune2010Disclosure.mov

Interesting. What I see in the videos is either too small in the frame or on my screen to make out much detail. Although one did appear to be wingless. Most obvious explanation are aircraft fuselages with the apparent black bands caused by shadow effect from the wings. But if credible (the key word) multiple witnesses on scene reported wingless objects, I would tend to believe them.

Both of the videos provided are very clear and definitely show the actual shape of the object that I saw. When you get a chance, check them out on a desktop screen. When reading multiple accounts (as in 20-30 different ones in the mufon bank alone) of reports that bear out descriptions of this type of object (several included with clear photos) being observed, they are assuredly wingless and appear as two linear sections joined when observed at an angle that allows the viewer to better determine their actual shape.

Whether I am a credible witness or not is up to whoever. Not to get all cliche or whatever, but I know what I saw. It was clearly wingless and of the shape actually described by me, and matches the videos provided exactly, as well. These are COOL whatever they are.

Both of the videos provided are very clear and definitely show the actual shape of the object that I saw. When you get a chance, check them out on a desktop screen.
I have an HD desktop screen, but the videos are in lousy QuickTime without any zoom or size control. They look like aircraft to me. I've seen thousands of aircraft both with and without binoculars. The wings and tail can often blend into the background at distances. I've seen it happen many times. Not to mention that blimps have no wings. Unless you were much closer to one of these objects than these videos show, or it suddenly did some impossible maneuver for a typical aircraft, there's no reason to suppose that it was a UFO. These examples are at best just unidentified aircraft. Perhaps there are better reports out there someplace you can post?

Last edited:
I have an HD desktop screen, but the videos are in lousy QuickTime without any zoom or size control. They look like aircraft to me. I've seen thousands of aircraft both with and without binoculars. The wings and tail can often blend into the background at distances. I've seen it happen many times. Not to mention that blimps have no wings. Unless you were much closer to one of these objects than these videos show, or it suddenly did some impossible maneuver for a typical aircraft, there's no reason to suppose that it was a UFO. These examples are at best just unidentified aircraft. Perhaps there are better reports out there someplace you can post?

I understand your reaction, and do not doubt for a single second that they were human manufactured aircraft, however, after observing two in the same time frame on a crystal clear day, with the advantage of two unanticipated fixed observational perspectives, I was able to focused clearly on what were two identical objects, one after the other. It is absolutely certain in my mind that these air machines had no tail fin, or wings.

Multiple sighting reports, as well as decent photo and video documentation, document as much clearly. The alignment of multiple identical observational characteristics are ample. What else is there with respect to phenomenological considerations? There is ONLY observation. They were not typical fixed wing airplanes. No.

My Dad who was with me at the time, was unfortunately announced an unqualified witness by myself upon reporting this event to mufon due to his vision, however, he was present with me, saw the two objects albeit unclearly, so I conveyed his observational disadvantage in the report I made.

It was neat. I am thinking that possibly it may have been some (newer) type of device that incorporates a possible lighter than air tech/combined with some sort of rechargeable electric propulsion system. Manned or unmanned, who knows. The clearest thing to me was the identical flight line that each object seemed to take as they were observed. I have no way of knowing precisely of course, but they truly seemed to mimick one another in their sequence of aerial travel, which was not in a straight line by any means and that is precisely why I was able to effortlessly achieve two fixed ground perspectives as one device followed the other. In reflection, it was as if they might be demonstrating some type of remote ground controlled guidance or tracking, but no clue here obviously.

But no, they were not airplanes in the classic sense. I have worked for many years right across from a local airport. I see airbuses come and go all day long. I know what a plane is, and precisely what they sound like (not always a good thing) when they appear to be the same distance from me that I observed these things from. These were silent, didn't have any fixed wing or vertical stabilizer/rudder tail. My ground based observational vantage point was extremely clear and included the identical performance of not one, but the aerial display of two identical objects. All I can tell you is that they were weird! Never seen anything like 'em, but hey, there is an awful lot of tech that none of us will ever see.

I was truly taken back when this happened. It was a sort of recharge for me. Very soon after I began looking for documented evidence of the same observational phenomena and was amazed at how common it was. I knew the moment I saw those videos that these were the same thing that I had witnessed. Only I witnessed them much closer than what those videos contain. However, with all these crap commercial video phones, I doubt that if I did have my phone with me and record the objects myself, that they would have appeared any clearer than the videos that I provided. Asking for better is a matter of convenience, that unfortunately, I or other witnesses can't go back in time and afford you with.

If the matter were due to some trick of sunlight on a basic, yet somehow, absolutely silent fixed wing airplane, as much would clearly be evident in at least several of all the multiple photos and videos of these things. I find no indication of as much. From a clear distance they seem to be a white cigar shaped object with a center black band that travel pretty darn swiftly. Not zip right by gone by any means, but very quick.

That reminds me of something out of the past. While in Virginia visiting relatives a number of years ago, it was not altogether uncommon for the military to run paired F16 maneuvers through the beautiful blue ridge mountain range valleys over and through Giles County, Virginia where I was staying. I know what it's like to hear something roar, and then practically just have enough time to look up before it's gone from your sight. Scared the poop right out of me, let me tell you what.

These things are nothing like that in terms of their speed, but they are clipping along about 1.5-2.0 times the speed of a typical small single prop private aircraft. Low enough (whatever that exactly was) to the ground where my vision was fortunately, crystal clear while observing them. They were also completely silent. Very odd.

I appreciate your comment.

I understand your reaction, and do not doubt for a single second that they were human manufactured aircraft, however, after observing two in the same time frame on a crystal clear day, with the advantage of two unanticipated fixed observational perspectives, I was able to focused clearly on what were two identical objects, one after the other. It is absolutely certain in my mind that these air machines had no tail fin, or wings ... I knew the moment I saw those videos that these were the same thing that I had witnessed. Only I witnessed them much closer than what those videos contain ...
How much closer?
Did you have binoculars to focus on them up close?
Like I said before, I've seen the effect of an aircraft in the distance not having wings or a tail many times until I get my binoculars on them. The effect tends to happen when the aircraft is some distance away ( at least a couple of miles ) and against a monocolor sky, like a clear or smoky sky. The more particulate matter and moisture there is, the less distance it takes. It also depends on the colors of the aircraft and their angle to you. I live facing the mountains to the west and view several airplanes a day on approach from miles away until they reach the city, sometimes flying directly over my house.

If the matter were due to some trick of sunlight on a basic, yet somehow, absolutely silent fixed wing airplane, as much would clearly be evident in at least several of all the multiple photos and videos of these things. I find no indication of as much. From a clear distance they seem to be a white cigar shaped object with a center black band that travel pretty darn swiftly. Not zip right by gone by any means, but very quick.

That reminds me of something out of the past. While in Virginia visiting relatives a number of years ago, it was not altogether uncommon for the military to run paired F16 maneuvers through the beautiful blue ridge mountain range valleys over and through Giles County, Virginia where I was staying. I know what it's like to hear something roar, and then practically just have enough time to look up before it's gone from your sight. Scared the poop right out of me, let me tell you what.

These things are nothing like that in terms of their speed, but they are clipping along about 1.5-2.0 times the speed of a typical small single prop private aircraft. Low enough (whatever that exactly was) to the ground where my vision was fortunately, crystal clear while observing them. They were also completely silent. Very odd.
The aircraft that come in over my house from the west cannot be heard until they get over my neighborhood. They are on their way down to the airport like they are coasting with their engines not working hard at all. In contrast the ones heading west are climbing and are much louder.
I appreciate your comment.
And I appreciate you sharing your sighting. Let me ask you. Have you ever seen the effect I'm talking about yourself, where the wings and tail don't seem visible until you get a pair of high powered binoculars on the aircraft? If not, I suggest you get a pair of binoculars ( at least 10 x 50 ) and keep them handy. Once you've seen the effect several times for yourself, you'll be likely to agree that a lot of these kind of reports are probably due to that effect.

That being said, the cigar shaped UFO is a classic shape, and there do seem to be enough sightings of that type to raise an eyebrow. Plus I tend to give more credence to firsthand experiences than the typical skeptic, so I'm not saying that what you saw definitely wasn't something exotic or even alien, only that given the information in these reports they wouldn't be classed as UFOs. Sometimes I wonder if the aliens have caught on to how we recognize them and have learned to mimic the flight characteristics and even the appearance of our aircraft so as to go unnoticed.

Last edited:
How much closer?
Did you have binoculars to focus on them up close?
Like I said before, I've seen the effect of an aircraft in the distance not having wings or a tail many times until I get my binoculars on them. The effect tends to happen when the aircraft is some distance away ( at least a couple of miles ) and against a monocolor sky, like a clear or smoky sky. The more particulate matter and moisture there is, the less distance it takes. It also depends on the colors of the aircraft and their angle to you. I live facing the mountains to the west and view several airplanes a day on approach from miles away until they reach the city, sometimes flying directly over my house.

The aircraft that come in over my house from the west cannot be heard until they get over my neighborhood. They are on their way down to the airport like they are coasting with their engines not working hard at all. In contrast the ones heading west are climbing and are much louder.

And I appreciate you sharing your sighting. Let me ask you. Have you ever seen the effect I'm talking about yourself, where the wings and tail don't seem visible until you get a pair of high powered binoculars on the aircraft? If not, I suggest you get a pair of binoculars ( at least 10 x 50 ) and keep them handy. Once you've seen the effect several times for yourself, you'll be likely to agree that a lot of these kind of reports are probably due to that effect.

That being said, the cigar shaped UFO is a classic shape, and there do seem to be enough sightings of that type to raise an eyebrow. Plus I tend to give more credence to firsthand experiences than the typical skeptic, so I'm not saying that what you saw definitely wasn't something exotic or even alien, only that given the information in these reports they wouldn't be classed as UFOs. Sometimes I wonder if the aliens have caught on to how we recognize them and have learned to mimic the flight characteristics and even the appearance of our aircraft so as to go unnoticed.

I really, honestly, have no clue. Notta. I do think the notion of ion excited/driven electrical purpulsion systems might in effect result in quiet operations. Then again, a device incorporating this tech New type of aircraft flies like a UFO | TG Daily might be the case. A light weight enclosed frame with two of these, one at either end, may be what we are seeing.

These objects seem to be constructed somewhat like a box kite. Strange, strange, STRANGE. Just different.

You are right of course about planes and optical illusions. One such is that if you are traveling toward a jet plane as it's decending to land, crossing your path, if viewed at just the right angle from your vehicle it appears that the plane is not moving at all. But rather will seem dead stationary as if hovering until you reach the visual apex where you naturally determine/percieve the plane as moving further away from you. But for what is 10-20 seconds, they look like monstrous machines just parked in the sky as you're approaching.

I really, honestly, have no clue. Notta. I do think the notion of ion excited/driven electrical purpulsion systems might in effect result in quiet operations. Then again, a device incorporating this tech New type of aircraft flies like a UFO | TG Daily might be the case. A light weight enclosed frame with two of these, one at either end, may be what we are seeing.
Interesting article, but I think that, to quote: "flies like a UFO", is a hefty exaggeration. Although innovative, it's still jet powered and uses aerodynamic thrust. So it also won't be as quiet as it's promoted either. Whatever UFOs use, it works on some other principle; one that appears to eliminate inertia and aerodynamic constraints.

Last edited:
Interesting article, but I think that, to quote: "flies like a UFO", is a hefty exaggeration. Although innovative, it's still jet powered and uses aerodynamic thrust. So it also won't be as quiet as it's promoted either. Whatever UFOs use, it works on some other principle; one that appears to eliminate inertia and aerodynamic constraints.

That, or possibly, and yes this is just total fun fantasy speculation here, the beings in the UFOs are not physical beings like ourselves, but rather are actually discarnate in nature. This may serve to explain in a ridiculously fantastic sense why humanoid encounters are described in such a completely varied manner. As discarnate beings, they may have no choice when confronting us directly accept to communicate with our minds in the sense that they may have the ability to control a mutual sentient relevance between them and ourselves within the mind of the observer. This would most likely mean just one species of alien being with the ability to invoke some type of sentient translation between them and the observer. Often times using fragments from the observer's imagination in the encounter much like a chameleon would blend in to hide from predators. The difference here being that these beings would actually use consciousness (I know you LOVE that word!) as an environmental background to appear to be on a basic physical status with the person or persons in the encounter. There may be no other way to actually see them accept for them to present themselves to us in a manner that we find acceptable.

That, or possibly, and yes this is just total fun fantasy speculation here ...
The great advantage you have is that you know it's just total fun fantasy speculation ;) ! To me it's one of the most interesting aspects of ufology. For example it may be possible that some alien intelligence out there has evolved to point where they are virtually discarnate by embedding themselves into super intelligent nanoscale systems that can fly around the galaxy in hives that look like balls of light or something. Or maybe they're part of whatever runs the universe generator, like the AI players in these new video games. Who knows? There are definitely some far out possibilities. Most of my focus though is on material craft, possibly piloted by some physical intelligence. I think the reason I'm most drawn to those types is because they seem to be the ones we could relate to and adapt for use by humanity, whereas we'd almost have to become other ones ourselves before we could reap any practical value.

Whether I am a credible witness or not is up to whoever.

Based on your highly articulate posts and the observational acuity dsplayed here, I'd say you're very much so. There's no doubt in my mind that what you saw was something out of the ordinary and not a misinterpretation of known aircraft.

You say this object was totally silent, but I think I hear a low hum in the video, though. Is that a nearby highway, wind or something? Was this over a densely populated area? The second vid looks like a more rural or remote place.

I'm asking because my guess is they might be prototypes of some sort or drones. But I'd think these wouldn't be tested over population centres and probably would emit at least some sound.

It seems as though these objects travel in pairs. One behind the other in the same precise line of travel.

I've seen this just recently with two bright lights, the first one a little bigger than the second one, at about 4 o'clock in the morning. We were spending the night out in the open, because it was a really warm night, at a rented cabin in a very rural area. They were travelling in a totally straight line and not too fast, always at exactly the same speed and distance, so I thought, well, maybe satellites or planes (although for the latter, I saw no position lights flashing). When they were approaching the horizon two other lights came from the direction they travelled in, also going in straight lines, but not following each other. I thought that odd, but as I didn't see any strange manoeuvering or zipping around, I dismissed it as probably mundane. There was no discernible sound either. Does anybody know of satellites that would seem to follow another?

Last edited:
The clearest thing to me was the identical flight line that each object seemed to take as they were observed. I have no way of knowing precisely of course, but they truly seemed to mimick one another in their sequence of aerial travel, which was not in a straight line by any means
This part reminded me of a Patriot missile "seeking" a Skud.
I also know that Russia has developed an anti Aircraft Carrier missile that deviates its course so drasticaly that it is almost impossible to intercept, but if I know about it that means that they (the U.S. military) do too.
What I am suggesting is that maybe a new "counter" missile system has been developed, and maybe that is what you saw.
Also a good way to test such a system would be to have it "chase" another missle of the same type, especially if you had a lack of the russian ones to test with, which would explain why they were identical to each other.

Based on your highly articulate posts and the observational acuity dsplayed here, I'd say you're very much so. There's no doubt in my mind that what you saw was something out of the ordinary and not a misinterpretation of known aircraft.

Thank you Polterwurst! That's extremely kind of you to state as much, but I do realize that I am just human and am prone to errors of judgement and perspective like the rest of us. This was definitely something unusual though, that's for certain. My suscpicions in this case really do lie (and have right from the start) in the direction of what may be a man made proto typical aircraft. Cigars and cylinders of course are a classic reported UFO shape and have been forever. In fact, numerous reports of craft that achieve multiple perspectives throughout the event of the observer's sighting are first noted by the observer to be cigar shaped, but as the sighting event and perspective changes progress, cigars are often further identified as ovaline saucers if the observer's sighting is close enough, and lasts long enough for the manuvuers of the craft to reveal as much. One such case is the Michalak/Falcon Lake, case from 1967. (one of my favorites!) The Falcon Lake Case - UFO Evidence

You say this object was totally silent, but I think I hear a low hum in the video, though. Is that a nearby highway, wind or something? Was this over a densely populated area? The second vid looks like a more rural or remote place.

I'm asking because my guess is they might be prototypes of some sort or drones. But I'd think these wouldn't be tested over population centres and probably would emit at least some sound.

The videos that I provided were not taken by myself. Those were videos that I found within the MUFON data base that match what I observed. I was so excited about what I had just witnessed that I started searching right away. The report that I filed, or rather MUFON filed for me once it was reported to them by myself, is the first link in the original post and pretty much explains things as best I can. There is no question that there is noise in that first video. That's because the object is being followed by a small plane that can be seen to the left edge of the video screen. I really do believe that these are secretive protypical terrestrial craft. I would just love to know what they are.

This part reminded me of a Patriot missile "seeking" a Skud.
I also know that Russia has developed an anti Aircraft Carrier missile that deviates its course so drasticaly that it is almost impossible to intercept, but if I know about it that means that they (the U.S. military) do too.
What I am suggesting is that maybe a new "counter" missile system has been developed, and maybe that is what you saw.
Also a good way to test such a system would be to have it "chase" another missle of the same type, especially if you had a lack of the russian ones to test with, which would explain why they were identical to each other.

The missal tech is an interesting notion. These things themselves did not seem to be missals in the classic sense as there was no evident thrust from either, and I would also think a missal would be traveling extremely fast, but they may be some type of jamming or misdirection device for them. There are so many possibilities. I have heard of companies designing devices to be launched to circle the globe to in effect establish a new free world wide web network, or more likely, yet another privatized internet server cloud. Also, if a foreign power were to some day knock out a good portion of our native satellite communications grid, such devices could be launched in local atmosphere to possibly reestablish networked communications.

The frame of these things seem to be designed in form like a box kit or an hourglass, possibly like two funnels inverted nose to nose.

Back