• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

30 year old's thoughts on this...

RSprague51

Paranormal Novice
I think in order for the youth to get involved, we need to show them where to look for the absolute best evidence and stick to the FACTS. When they surf the internet for UFOs, the good, bad, and ugly all expose themselves in a barrage of misconception and 1,000th hand testimony. I think such companies as Open Minds Production, The Gralien Report, and The Black Vault, are places where a younger generation of interested individuals can go and feel safe, without fear of being scoffed at or feel stupid for not knowing the 60+ years of modern UFO era information.

I am trying to do my part as well as an aspiring UFO journalist. If anyone is interested, my work (Shamelss plug) can be found at: Somewhere in the skies - home

I think in order for the youth to get involved, we need to show them where to look for the absolute best evidence and stick to the FACTS. When they surf the internet for UFOs, the good, bad, and ugly all expose themselves in a barrage of misconception and 1,000th hand testimony. I think such companies as Open Minds Production, The Gralien Report, and The Black Vault, are places where a younger generation of interested individuals can go and feel safe, without fear of being scoffed at or feel stupid for not knowing the 60+ years of modern UFO era information.

I am trying to do my part as well as an aspiring UFO journalist. If anyone is interested, my work (Shamelss plug) can be found at: Somewhere in the skies - home
i think you are in good company Ryan, Jason McClellan & Maureen Elsberry appeal to the younger, funnier side of ufology. Yet while having fun they dont compromise journalist integrity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Honestly I don’t think this is a generational issue, or even a cultural issue.

It seems to me that there’s a natural bell curve of public interest that applies to all new phenomena. At first as the evidence mounts that something new has been observed, public interest spikes as the consensus starts to build that it’s a real and genuinely interesting phenomenon. For something as ground-breaking as the prospect of alien technology arriving at Earth, interest can remain high for a few decades.

But there’s an implicit expectation for a defining moment, a breakthrough that thrusts the subject into the realm of proven consensual reality. That hasn’t happened with ufology. So we’re on the tail end of the bell curve as enthusiasm wanes. Right now, people tend to assume that either the phenomenon is unphysical (or otherwise intrinsically elusive), or they just conclude that since a defining breakthrough hasn’t happened in over a generation, that it’s unlikely to be resolved within their lifetimes. At this point UFOs are now in the same category as ghosts – lots of people still entertain the possibility that something is going on, but it seems futile to mount a real effort to glean any new insight into it because so many have tried and failed to acquire definitive proof.

That’s why I think that our best hope to revive interest in ufology is to achieve a proof-of-principle demonstration of a gravitational field propulsion mechanism*. It doesn’t even have to be that impressive; a test rig that can lose 2% of its gravitational rest mass under controlled laboratory conditions in a repeatable experiment is all it’s going to take to convince the scientific community that it can be achieved, and with more work, vastly amplified.

Once we humans see that a viable interstellar field propulsion mechanism is inevitable, the public attitude toward UFO sightings will transform virtually overnight, because if we can do it, then we’ll finally accept that others have already done it.

And then people will be asking “who are they?” and not “is this phenomenon real?”

* I also see two other events that could revive interest in ufology: implementing Peter Davenport’s passive radar system at a national scale (which I think might be possible through a well-organized crowd-funding effort, under the right circumstances), or if “they” decide to make a close daylight flyover in a significantly populated area (but I think that’s unlikely, for historical reasons).

I also like Chris O’Brien’s mobile observatory project – once scientists have a spectrum of real data to scrutinize, and it empirically demonstrates the reality of something performing acrobatic maneuvers in the atmosphere, the world will sit up and notice. But it does seem like a gamble to try to be in the right place at the right time. I’d like to see a crowd-funded national passive radar system and an app to alert people in the areas where something anomalous is happening in the sky, so everyone can look and take photos – which would also give Chris and his team an opportunity to see the trajectory of objects near the mobile observatory and allow them to get into position (like storm chasers) and collect some great visual and electromagnetic data with multiple instruments.

Last edited:
Physicists observe 'negative mass:

"What's a first here is the exquisite control we have over the nature of this negative mass, without any other complications," said Dr Forbes.

This heightened control also gives researchers a tool for exploring the possible relationships between negative mass and phenomena observed in the cosmos, such as neutron stars, black holes and dark energy.

No mention of UFOS in the article, but I thought it may be relevant to the discussion:

Physicists observe 'negative mass' - BBC News

Physicists observe 'negative mass:
Yeah that was a tantalizing headline Han, but the popular science press neglected the crucial word in the correct phrase from that paper: “negative effective mass.” Negative effective mass has been around for at least a decade, but this is the first time I’ve heard about it in a fluid. Basically it’s a kind of physics parlor trick that emulates the inverse response to force that we think of when we think of “negative mass,” but without anything actually possessing negative mass. Here’s the paper that article is referencing:

“Negative-Mass Hydrodynamics in a Spin-Orbit–Coupled Bose-Einstein Condensate,” Khamehchi et al., Physical Review Letters, 2017
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1612.04055.pdf

Far more exciting are the appearances of actual negative energies in quantum field theory, and the negative gravitational effect attributed to the hypothetical “dark energy” driving the cosmological acceleration, because those are both physical evidence for the reality of negative gravitation – which is required for “warp field propulsion” aka gravitational field propulsion, as well as the more speculative concepts of wormholes and time machines.

A lot of people have somehow missed the significance of both of those discoveries, so you’ll still hear people with an out-dated high-school level of understanding of physics boldly proclaiming that negative mass-energy doesn’t exist in nature, and that negative gravitation is the stuff of science fiction. They’re dead wrong on both counts. The cosmological acceleration between galaxy clusters is proof of negative gravitation - which is fully consistent with general relativity by the way, and the Casimir effect is clear evidence of negative mass-energy in the lab. So if some rotten internet troll tries to tell you differently, here are some of the myriad citations in the academic literature to prove them wrong:

“We thus have experimental evidence from the bending of light, that space-time is curved, and confirmation from the Casimir effect, that we can warp it in the negative direction.”
"Space and Time Warps,” Hawking, Nd Public Lectures. Cambridge University, 2006

“Such a wormhole would tend to collapse with time, unless it were held up by the repulsive gravity of a negative-energy density. Classically, energy densities are always positive, but quantum field theory allows the energy density to be negative locally. An example is the Casimir effect.”
“Chronology protection conjecture,” Hawking, Physical Review D, 1992
http://thelifeofpsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Hawking-1992.pdf

“In Gravitation, Astrophysics and Cosmology, the Casimir effect arises in space-times with non-trivial topology. The vacuum polarization resulting from the Casimir effect can drive the inflation process.”
“New Developments in the Casimir Effect,” Bordag, Mohideen, and Mostepanenko, Physics Reports, 2001
https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0106045.pdf

“Nonetheless, we have also found that it is possible for the net energy density in the region between the plates to be negative, depending upon the plate separation and the plasma frequency of the material involved.”

“Contrary to the view expressed by Lamoreaux [11], the appearance of negative energy density in a quantum field theory is very natural. One can easily find quantum states of the free quantized electromagnetic field in empty space which have local negative energy densities. A squeezed vacuum state is an example [28, 29].”
"The Energy Density in the Casimir Effect,” Sopova and Ford, Physical Review D, 2002
https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0204125.pdf

“Does this theorem mean that superluminal travel is impossible? No, because the weak energy condition is not obeyed by systems of quantum fields. The best example is the Casimir effect, and in fact, the Casimir effect does provide an example which satisfies condition 1.”
“Superluminal travel requires negative energies,” Olum, Physical Review Letters, 1998
https://arxiv.org/pdf/gr-qc/9805003.pdf

Last edited:
Back