• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2nd Rational Physics Conference in Salzburg, Austria (April 5 - 6, 2014)

Interesting stuff, but Gaede's presentation skills are difficult to withstand. :)

I would spend an hour of my time teaching him how to use a Power Point remote just on General Principle.

Interesting stuff, but Gaede's presentation skills are difficult to withstand. :)

I would spend an hour of my time teaching him how to use a Power Point remote just on General Principle.

I've seen much worse, but I understand why you say that. I don't think it detracts from what he is saying though, he clearly makes his points and demonstrates exactly what he is talking about. He offends some folks and drives them away with his unbridled ridicule of "relativists" and "mathmagicians", but I understand why is he taking that approach.

I disagree. It does detract.

I used to teach executives how to give presentations in front of live audiences. As any food chef or film maker will tell you, presentation matters almost as much as content.

It would be nice if people didn't care about things such as beauty and ease-of-use, but they do. Apple has made a fortune exploiting this fact.

I disagree. It does detract.

I used to teach executives how to give presentations in front of live audiences. As any food chef or film maker will tell you, presentation matters almost as much as content.

It would be nice if people didn't care about things such as beauty and ease-of-use, but they do. Apple has made a fortune exploiting this fact.

Points taken. There is another video of him presenting in China that is a little better, but not by much. I think the over the top ridicule of the various personalities to be distracting and unnecessary, but he does it to make a point.

Back