• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2012...*snort*

Free episodes:

If Penn & Teller speak wisdom to you, then you ARE the lowest common denominator, and, in conclusion reading many of your posts on this thread, it is obvious to me that you are confounded by your own limitations and beliefs, and no logic, or wisdom anyone else will produce here, is going to make you change your mind. From posts here on this thread, you have revealed through your zealous defending of these two assholes, that you are very religious, able to prove yourself illogical, ADD, and so easily entertained that you might enjoy farting in a tub, only to snap at the bubbles.
I've taken what I need to know from this.
Don't bother to reply to this either, you've embarrassed yourself enough already, and I, sir, will not revisit this thread to dignify your ignorance with further commentary.

Thefoundryman.

Great...

I'll recognise wisdom and logic when I see it. In this case, the topic is 2012. Got some wisdom and logic to support it or will you continue to post off topic?

If Penn & Teller speak wisdom to you, then you ARE the lowest common denominator, and, in conclusion reading many of your posts on this thread, it is obvious to me that you are confounded by your own limitations and beliefs, and no logic, or wisdom anyone else will produce here, is going to make you change your mind. From posts here on this thread, you have revealed through your zealous defending of these two assholes, that you are very religious, able to prove yourself illogical, ADD, and so easily entertained that you might enjoy farting in a tub, only to snap at the bubbles.
I've taken what I need to know from this.
Don't bother to reply to this either, you've embarrassed yourself enough already, and I, sir, will not revisit this thread to dignify your ignorance with further commentary.

Thefoundryman.

well said. LMAO... you nailed it!

Ho hum, they're just entertainers nothing more. There's nothing special about the way they present the show or the way they debunk the topics. You either like them or you don't.
As far as the UFO/Paranormal debate goes, they bring nothing credible to the table. They treat the subjects with disdain and make a mockery out of the persons presenting the evidence, that's what their style of show is about.
Granted some of those people deserve this treatment but on the whole P&T treat everyone of them the same.
It's great that you love the show as i suspect that it mirrors your own opinion of the UFO/Paranormal field and i hope you laugh your way through every episode. Thanks also for trying to inject some humor into the debate.
P&T, unfortunately, represent the scoffing, narrow-minded faction of debunkery that is equally as ridiculous as the doe-eyed believer side and therefore offer no more than the "giggle factor" to any of this.:) :)

Firstly, the paranormal isn't a "field". It's a scene...a hobby at best Secondly, they haven't mocked anyone presenting evidence because no one has presented any. P&T's take on the paranormal was hilariously accurate.

No, their take on 2012 is accurate. Their take on other paranormal matters: less so. Much, much less.
I agree Cap.
2012 as a topic, is marginal at best. You wouldn't need to be the world's greatest comedians to take the piss out of that subject.
With Paranormal subjects, typically as debunkers are prone to do, they dismiss most evidence, latching on to anything that matches their view on the subject and pronounce that the whole thing is bunk.
Penn and Teller occupy a position on the extreme edge of the Ufo/Paranormal scene/hobby/cult/sect along with the Arch(y) debunkers like Randi, McGaha, Class et'al. If you choose these types as your heroes you then occupy the same extreme edge, polar opposites if you like to the Greers, Hoaglands, Sylvia Browns etc. leaving the middle ground to the more open minded such as our esteemed hosts Gene and David, Don Ecker, Greg Bishop etc. and a big percentage of the posters on this forum.:)

Jose. Ever seen a UFO, a ghost or had a Paranormal type experience or anything that you couldn't rationally explain? Or has your life been totally devoid of any such incidents? Just curious.:):):)

I have been involved in the paranormal scene for quite some time. I am yet to be convinced of anything "unexplained" even with the experiences I have had. No one has ever presented anything that qualifies as evidence and from what I've experienced in this scene, P&T have pretty much nailed it.

The whole scene has been nothing more than a tragic comedy.

I found this extremely funny, and shouldn't have watched it at work. I've known for a while that the 2012 predictions are just bullshit and dread having to listen to it for 3 more years! Working in computers I survived the y2K non-apocolypse and remember friends buying books and what-not in that regard. This is the same scenario and I'm groaning about it already.

As far as Penn and Teller's way of criticizing, well they remind me of an episode of the Daily Show I watched several years back. DS did an "expose" of someone who thought the world was flat and, of course it was mocking. At the end of the bit the interviewer walked toward the camera and said that some people may be angry that he was so mocking during the show but he pointedly reminded the audience that he isn't really a TV reporter, he's a comedian. That's the same thing with Penn and Teller. They are first and fore-most entertainers...comedians/magicians. It's what they do. If they're skepticial and want a show that "debunks" or cuts down paranormal beliefs and theories they're going to do it in the format they're best known for. This is that format and it's the only think you can expect from them.

Again, I enjoyed it, and thanks for the laugh, today. :D.

J.

Oh no! You're in danger of receiving countless responses stating P&P aren't funny, their handling of pet topics is inappropriate and you're a lowest common denominator when it comes to wit and humor.

I'm with you though. They are hilarious.

I knew P&T's show was meant to be a joke when I saw the opening sequence. They had "Orgasms" as one of the concepts that was BS. Now I know from intense experience that orgasms are NOT BS. No way I could have been lied to or have had it faked so convincingly to me all my life! LOL.

Back