• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2012 = Mayan Calendar + biblical armageddon

pappavis

Skilled Investigator
I just wanna throw this out onto the forum. Dunnow what Theparacast will do with my conclusions but..

IAfter having read Robert Monroe' Far Journeys, Dolores Cannon' - Keepers of the Garden, and knowing the Bible i came to my own cocnlusion that The End is Near :eek:. We re all doomed :p

My reasons for stating this is..+
1. Around the year 3000 the earth would've been resotred to it original prisitine state. Humans are then spiritual beings who could inhabit physical bodys, should they so whish.
--> Robert monroe was time travelled into the future guided by an "INSPEC" --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden).
2. Aliens are harvesting genetic stock here, bcs they´re populating a new earth-like planet. --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)
3. Earth is immenent on a renewal. At the right time, many suitable earthlings would be physically transported to the new planet. --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)
4. Once in 75million years a huge event takes place on earth. Robert Monroe met intelligent beings around the moon-area, those were waiting for this immenent event to happen --> Robert Monroe - Far Journeys.
5. The rotation of earth polar axis' caused exitinsion of the diosaurs. Its bound to happen again very soon (in cosmic time...?) --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)

Could it be that the Bible references these as..
1. The new Earth from The Revelations in the Bible be this new earth planet
2. the chosen ones, are those to be physically transported to the new earth.
3. the garden is the current earth, circa 3000 populated by the survivors.
4. Armageddon isnt a war, but some cataclysmic natural event.

The books of both Robert Monroe and Dolores Cannon were written during the same timeframe (circa 1985). Both had a "plotline" with similiar outcomes: renewal of earth in some way or another, very very soon.

Who is:
* Robert Monroe - A pioneer in the field of Out of Body Experiences.
* Dolores Cannon - past life regressionist.

so, whats the general concensus.

Well, I can't say I'm familiar with all you cited, but respectfully..... so what??
If we're doomed we're doomed. What are you going to do about it?? Nothing.

May as well live your life as well as possible before the impending end.

I just wanna throw this out onto the forum. Dunnow what Theparacast will do with my conclusions but..

IAfter having read Robert Monroe' Far Journeys, Dolores Cannon' - Keepers of the Garden, and knowing the Bible i came to my own cocnlusion that The End is Near :eek:. We re all doomed :p

My reasons for stating this is..+
1. Around the year 3000 the earth would've been resotred to it original prisitine state. Humans are then spiritual beings who could inhabit physical bodys, should they so whish.
--> Robert monroe was time travelled into the future guided by an "INSPEC" --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden).
2. Aliens are harvesting genetic stock here, bcs they´re populating a new earth-like planet. --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)
3. Earth is immenent on a renewal. At the right time, many suitable earthlings would be physically transported to the new planet. --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)
4. Once in 75million years a huge event takes place on earth. Robert Monroe met intelligent beings around the moon-area, those were waiting for this immenent event to happen --> Robert Monroe - Far Journeys.
5. The rotation of earth polar axis' caused exitinsion of the diosaurs. Its bound to happen again very soon (in cosmic time...?) --> Dolores Cannon (Keepers of the garden)

Could it be that the Bible references these as..
1. The new Earth from The Revelations in the Bible be this new earth planet
2. the chosen ones, are those to be physically transported to the new earth.
3. the garden is the current earth, circa 3000 populated by the survivors.
4. Armageddon isnt a war, but some cataclysmic natural event.

The books of both Robert Monroe and Dolores Cannon were written during the same timeframe (circa 1985). Both had a "plotline" with similiar outcomes: renewal of earth in some way or another, very very soon.

Who is:
* Robert Monroe - A pioneer in the field of Out of Body Experiences.
* Dolores Cannon - past life regressionist.

so, whats the general concensus.

i wouldnt believe a word of the bible.
i would take anything these authors wrote with a grain of salt.

The bible is not an impirical resource.

The other works sound like weak science ficiton.

I for one look forward to 2013 so all this 2012 crap will finally go away...

I for one look forward to 2013 so all this 2012 crap will finally go away...

Yep, but then there will be 2020 - the final definite end of the world to look forward.

And after that, 2022 - ultimate, this time for real- deluxe edition end of the world...

And on and on and on... !

P.S. One day they'll be right... unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on your world view... LoL

Yep, but then there will be 2020 - the final definite end of the world to look forward.

And after that, 2022 - ultimate, this time for real- deluxe edition end of the world...

And on and on and on... !

2036 is next on the list, I believe...

P.S. One day they'll be right... unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on your world view... LoL

Anything to shut them up!

Again I will simply state that the Mayan people have never forecast the end of the world via their calendar, its ending or anything else.

In my view, Bob Monroe is quite credible, but I question Dolores Cannon. Did Bob Monroe's book indicate that a disaster was imminent? I have never heard this.

It seems that a whole bunch of people run into these Djinn, inter-dimensional beings or aliens who tell us the world will end in a spectacular disaster. Perhaps they also inspired the Book of Revelation, among others? But the world seems to continue onwards. I think something is messing with us.

If you want to look at 'New Age' or paranormal sources for future events, you may want to also include Dr. Brian Weiss, who has conducted hundreds of hypnotic sessions with people whom he has asked to look into the future. The strong consensus seems to be that we will be around and doing well 500 years from now.

Nothing you quoted as sources have any significance with anything. Pole shifts didn't kill dinosaurs, Nobody talked to anyone by the moon. Are we being harvested? Its possible that tissue samples and the like have been taken, but are we cattle? I don't think so. I actually think that they are scared shitless of us.

It's BS. I had a buddy freakout about 2012 a while ago and even came here to ask how to fully explain it to him when I was not aware of much of the subject matter.

I also don't understand how a culture could be as enlightened as the Mayans and predict the end of the earth or whatever in 5000 years, yet still slaughter people 20,000 at a time to appease a cloud god or something. it doesn't make any sense.

As far as the bible goes. Do a little digging into Nero and what he was doing to Christians at the time. He makes Hitler look like someone off sesame street. Thats what The Book of revelations was probably talking about.

Our culture uses self-created nightmares (like 2012) as an anesthetic against the very real threats it is also generating.

Sort of like the function of a thrill ride at an amusement park: the fact that you're several hundred feet off the ground, and about to be plunged at near free fall speed through twists and turns that will make your stomach feel as though it's been torn inside-out, part of you still knows you're completely safe through it all — even though you may be temporarily terrified.

And it distracts you from the stack of bills waiting for you on your desk when you return home.

Well, I can't say I'm familiar with all you cited, but respectfully..... so what??
If we're doomed we're doomed. What are you going to do about it?? Nothing.

May as well live your life as well as possible before the impending end.

In other words, "Eat, drink, and be merry -- for tomorrow we die."

LOL. Either works for me.

A friend of mine made the very good point that the Mayans were not predicting the end of the world, actually but the end of their time-cycle. After that, a new cycle would begin.

Or perhaps they just got tired and thought "We'll get back to it later. After we see what those billowing white square things are on the ocean over there..."

California was supposed to fall into the sea in 1969. At least that's what lots of people blithered about for several years before that. I have the feeling 2012 is going to be pretty much the same thing.

Back