• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2012...are the aliens warning us?

shaDoW_FOX

Paranormal Novice
Dear mr Stienberg and mr Biedny.

As this is freewheeling chat I have a question, however this is only in part a question about the paranormal but it is my opinion that you and the people that take part in this forum are the only people equiped to answer such (what many people might think is an obsurd) question... so here goes. Is the 2012 D-day theory true and are the ufos that have been sighted as well as crop circles all part of this frankly scarey outlook?

shaDoW_FOX>} said:
Is the 2012 D-day theory true and are the ufos that have been sighted as well as crop circles all part of this frankly scarey outlook?

We'll just have to wait and see...

...if something 'big' does happen in the next few years, you should think very carefully about it before acting.

shaDoW_FOX>} said:
Dear mr Stienberg and mr Biedny.

As this is freewheeling chat I have a question, however this is only in part a question about the paranormal but it is my opinion that you and the people that take part in this forum are the only people equiped to answer such (what many people might think is an obsurd) question... so here goes. Is the 2012 D-day theory true and are the ufos that have been sighted as well as crop circles all part of this frankly scarey outlook?

I see no reasonable reason to think so, only a paranoid one couched in a mode of thinking that unwittingly thinks in terms of linear time.

If we look through history, we find a long list of dates - some arbitrary, some backed up by various scriptures, writings and prophecies - where the Earth will end, mankind will destroy itself, etc. I see no reason to think that 2012 will end up any differently than Y2K in terms of cataclysms or the ilk. We'll have MUCH bigger problems to deal with at that time, cleaning up the aftermath of the NeoCon Nuclear Option™, with NYC a smoking crater and Herr Bush demanding that every American get an enema for Jesus.

Indeed, I have a vision of George Snoory up on a mountain, with an enormous vat of Kool-Aid Coffee and ginger snaps, with his gimpy arms extended to the sky, speaking in tongues (kinda like he does on the air these days), praying for the Silver Chicken Monkey™ to save his bacon and take him back to the toaster in the sky, and falling to his stumpy feet when nothing happens. He will then eat a live squirrel, choke on it as it claws the inside of his throat, and be saved by a midget with a nasty case of poison ivy. Off to the side of this sordid scene, David Sereda is vomiting cheeseburgers and beers into a Ziplock bag, stating that THIS is the thing he needs to get back to Andromeda. He then vanishes in a puff of smoke, and reconstitutes in the form of a twinky jammed up Billy Meier's ass.

Of course, I could be wrong about all this.

Will alien ships land on the Earth in December of 2012 and declare their love and devotion to all of us? Not a frikkin chance.

dB

When nothing of any note happens, the New Agers will start saying that we collectively, as the human race, decided to avert destruction and opt for internal spiritual change. And when you ask them where the evidence is that we all decided this they will answer you "we did it on a soul level, not a conscious level." Now who can argue with that? ;)

Brian Now said:
When nothing of any note happens, the New Agers will start saying that we collectively, as the human race, decided to avert destruction and opt for internal spiritual change. And when you ask them where the evidence is that we all decided this they will answer you "we did it on a soul level, not a conscious level." Now who can argue with that? ;)

A similar thing will happen when the global climate swings back the other way entirely of it's own accord - the green-fascists will pat themselves on the backs for a job well done. Of course, if it doesn't swing back within this next 20 years or so, they'll start culling the population to save the planet...

By the way, something disasterous will happen in 2012 - I think they're calling it 'the Olympics' - I wonder what the 'carbon footprint' will be for that event?

David Biedny said:
If we look through history, we find a long list of dates - some arbitrary, some backed up by various scriptures, writings and prophecies - where the Earth will end, mankind will destroy itself, etc. I see no reason to think that 2012 will end up any differently than Y2K in terms of cataclysms or the ilk. We'll have MUCH bigger problems to deal with at that time, cleaning up the aftermath of the NeoCon Nuclear Option™, with NYC a smoking crater and Herr Bush demanding that every American get an enema for Jesus.

Indeed, I have a vision of George Snoory up on a mountain, with an enormous vat of Kool-Aid Coffee and ginger snaps, with his gimpy arms extended to the sky, speaking in tongues (kinda like he does on the air these days), praying for the Silver Chicken Monkey™ to save his bacon and take him back to the toaster in the sky, and falling to his stumpy feet when nothing happens. He will then eat a live squirrel, choke on it as it claws the inside of his throat, and be saved by a midget with a nasty case of poison ivy. Off to the side of this sordid scene, David Sereda is vomiting cheeseburgers and beers into a Ziplock bag, stating that THIS is the thing he needs to get back to Andromeda. He then vanishes in a puff of smoke, and reconstitutes in the form of a twinky jammed up Billy Meier's ass.

Of course, I could be wrong about all this.

Will alien ships land on the Earth in December of 2012 and declare their love and devotion to all of us? Not a frikkin chance.

dB

Thats a heck of a vision, now you've gone and made the silver chicken monkey peeps mad, yall are in trouble now!

Of course we won't know that any of this happened because they probably all signed Stephen Greer's confidentiality agreement.

The concept of December 2012 being the end of the world is based on interpretations of the Mayan Long Count Calendar. The calendar ends on December 21, 2012. However, if you read the history of the calendar you will discover that the Mayans had no significance for this date and neither should anyone else. The Mayans used several forms of calendars that all interlocked for various time-telling purposes. There was a 13 day calendar, a 20 day calendar, and the most common was the 260 day calendar. However, for historical records they also used very long calendars. One was the 52 year calendar and the longest was the 5,129 year calendar. It is this last one that is going to be reset in 2012.

All that is going to happen is that the calendar will get reset to day zero (not one apparently). This is the same thing that we will do when we buy a new 2008 calendar at the end of 2007. There is no difference.

Here are links discussing the Mayan calendars:
Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mayan prophecy - 12/21/2012 - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Rick Deckard said:
A similar thing will happen when the global climate swings back the other way entirely of it's own accord - the green-fascists will pat themselves on the backs for a job well done. Of course, if it doesn't swing back within this next 20 years or so, they'll start culling the population to save the planet...

Oh please. Come on... :rolleyes:

I hate to reject something almost entirely out of hand, but in this instance I feel pretty confident doing it.

David makes great points about all through history you can point at dates that were supposed to have ominous consequences. I can remember looking at that book 5/5/2000 and laughing years ago. How many people out there actually own that one?

To me it's disappointing to see so many people jump on this bandwagon, like a Noory or a Hoagland. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find any passion about it.

So, I wonder if some of my Y2K supplies will still be good enough to eat by then?

Lone Gunman said:
I hate to reject something almost entirely out of hand, but in this instance I feel pretty confident doing it.

David makes great points about all through history you can point at dates that were supposed to have ominous consequences. I can remember looking at that book 5/5/2000 and laughing years ago. How many people out there actually own that one?

To me it's disappointing to see so many people jump on this bandwagon, like a Noory or a Hoagland. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find any passion about it.

So, I wonder if some of my Y2K supplies will still be good enough to eat by then?

Honey is supposed to have an unlimited shelf like - probably true about Twinkies as well, and beef jerky.

I predict that we'll have MUCH bigger problems in 2012, no one besides the true crazies will give a damn about it at that point. I'm telling you, Snoory and Hoagy will be covering each other in Nutella and shooting BB guns at each other's eyes come December 2012.

dB

David Biedny said:
I'm telling you, Snoory and Hoagy will be covering each other in Nutella and shooting BB guns at each other's eyes come December 2012.

dB

Wow. There is an image that I really never wanted to have in my head.

David Biedny said:
I'm telling you, Snoory and Hoagy will be covering each other in Nutella and shooting BB guns at each other's eyes come December 2012.

dB

Oh why God why did David put that image in my head? Noory with his black chest hair all sticky and smeared thick with Nutella!

I have to go take a shower now.

Back