• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2 Bigfoot Photographed in Bradford, PA?

Grifynne

Paranormal Adept
I just came across this story and found it interesting so I thought I would share. :) Any of the more experienced individuals in the Paracast audience have any opinions/thoughts on whether this is a real piece of evidence, hoax or misinterpretation of the natural background?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2441532/Does-image-TWO-Bigfoot-creatures-Woodsman-photographed-moving-beast-Pennsylvania-sign-now.html

I see most of the article comments say it's either a hoax or just part of a tree or something, but they do look awfully hairy to be part of the scenery. As far as the hoax part, I just don't know. I suspect most of that audience will assume it's always a hoax if it's bigfoot-related, but I also realize many photos and videos are hoaxes. So I'm wondering if there's something obvious I just haven't noticed that would reveal that this is a staged situation.

These photos are always interesting, but never satisfying.

With the proliferation of pocket video cameras, I hope definitive video will show up someday.

article-0-1875670200000578-118_634x451.jpg

It was a rootball.

Bradford PA blobsquatch story propelled by the Bigfoot wave (UPDATE: Bigroot) | Doubtful News

Bigfoot has become a rather silly belief. If you might be disposed towards the rational, check out the excellent new book, Abominable Science. Bigfoot, along with many other cryptids is completely dismantled.

It wasn't always foolish to think the Bigfoot story might be probable. But as time has marched on and Bigfoot's habitat has expanded (now hilariously seen virtually everywhere across every continent.), even while the evidence has remained abysmal, the idea heads closer and closer towards zero probability.

Now there are thousands of dumb asses camping out to drink beer and find Bigfoot. They all call their camping trips "research" and themselves "researchers" even as they head back into their jobs at Walmart on Monday morning. It's all a farce.

Lance

Dearest Lance, I could not agree more with you on the fact that "searching" for a physical "bigfoot" is futile to say the least, however I do not share your opinion that "bigfoots" do not exist because: in my strange little world, anything that people "believe" in exists. That is to say that as long as people want bigfoot to be part of their reality it will remain so.
Personally I never really regarded an undiscovered/unknown to science primate in north America as a reality as there too many problems with the idea, especially the lack of a specimen. I will freely admit that it makes me cringe when "people" claim to have physical evidence of bigfoot.
The main reason that I wanted to address what you said is because I think it is unfair to say that belief in "bigfoot" is silly, because in my opinion any "factor" that makes people pay attention to "nature" and our interaction with it, is good.
The way I see it looking for a physical bigfoot is a waste of time, but if more people are compelled to spend more time in the wilderness (responsibly) and take a greater interest in the protection of "nature" then that can only be a good thing.
I am positive that this will sound silly, but I am convinced that bigfoots have the role of highlighting or drawing attention to areas or habitats that are being destroyed or are under the threat of destruction.
In my opinion a bigfoot requires a "human" to manifest/appear, and I do not believe that they can exist outside the "mind". What I am trying to say is that when it comes to bigfoot, we are dealing with something that can not be quantified or collected, but the existence of which can not be denied, similar to love or hate.

So if people have "fun" looking for a bigfoot good on them, there are much worse things they could be doing!

Finally, the internet and social media are funny things, although I have never met you, I have heard you on the paracast, and read many of your posts on this forum, in particular I recall you correcting me in a 9/11 conspiracy thread, for which I am still greatfull, what I am getting at is, I think that I know your intentions are good (if this makes sense) and that you want the best for people, after all you have been blessed ;) with a ferocious intelligence and understanding! With this in mind I am not convinced that you would write off people because of where they work, their accent or where they where born. I am sorry if this sounds accusatory but you did write "even as they head back into their jobs at Walmart on Monday morning."

Anyways that my five pence, all the best harry.

Thank you Lance, I had not considered the wider implications, and I agree that that disrespecting science is dangerous to say the least, personally I tend to get more angry about "ancient aliens", because to my eyes the hind message seems very similar to "nazi" propaganda, in that it promotes the idea of an "ancient" "Master race" and attempts to discredit the knowledge, hard work, devotion and skill of our shared ancestors.
I genuinely feel like there is a malicious attempt to mislead and deceive people, into thinking and caring less about many subjects, but I am most aware of it in "history" because that is where my interest mainly lies.

I posted a link above that shows clearly that it was a root ball.
Ah I see your link to Doubtful news, I haven't looked at that site for a few weeks. I like Sharon but I did have to take her to task over an article she posted regarding an investigation I was involved with.

Disclaimer- I don't claim to be experienced in anything Bigfoot.

I do think we have a mystery on our hands regarding the entire subject. I believe that there is something substantial to investigate and that investigation is clouded by people looking in the wrong ways because no amount of what has been done so far has yielded anything concrete substantial. We need to be looking outside the box whatever outside the box is. I don't think we can say that it has all been refuted. I am pretty certain we have refuted the theory that Bigfoot is simply a physical primate of some kind.

In my uneducated view( the school of Bigfoot) something about that pic isn't the right shape.What 's the appendage hanging out the back? It doesn't look like a hand .The shape just doesn't look right IMO. I won't be charging for that opinion BTW ;)

I agree with the root theory as all have posted above...as much as I would love to see Sasquatch while in the woods, I have frequently matrix-ed fallen trees and roots into hopeful witnessing of the cryptid. Cool pic, but I think it isn't quite the definitive proof needed. Plus, everyone knows the Squatch is occult in nature - ain't no way you can photograph the big guy!;)

What Harry seems to be describing above, a thought form or Tulpa. An interesting take on this subject.

:) its not really my idea, it is borrowed from Chris O'Brien and Nick Redfern I believe. this episode of the paracast I think June 16, 2013 — Nick Redfern | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I am not sure if the idea that bigfoot sightings are linked to endangered habitats is mine, but I do think that they are. In particular I think they (bigfoot sightings) are linked to threatened river systems in north America*.

Endangered river map:
upload_2013-10-10_15-8-35.png Bigfoot sighting map
o-SASQUATCH-SIGHTINGS-MAP-900.jpg

*when I compare these two maps.

endangered river map Google Maps Engine: Map View

bigfoot sighting map Bigfoot Sightings Map: See 92 Years Of 'Squatch In The U.S., Canada By Josh Stevens (PHOTO)

Back