• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2/8/10 Show - John Lear - Way to Go Don

John Lear was sounding as crazy as an outhouse rat --- Way to Go Don!

Yeah, he sounded like one of C2C's late night callers. The shock in Don's voice when he said it was John Lear was hilarious. My damn connection to the station kept cutting out on both my pc and my iphone so I missed the answer to my question about Edgar Mitchel :( Willl have to relisten

Yeah, that John Lear guy was a character.

Don gave the man enough rope to hang himself and sure enough....

....Millions of people on the moon, Aristarchus is a fusion reactor, the moon has 70 percent gravity, has lakes and trees and rivers on it - has everything but the horse he road in on.

What a nut. :)

Anyhow, I have to say though that this show was very enjoyable. As one of the callers said "it's the best kept secret on the internet".

I already told all my friends about it. Everyone likes it who listens.

Let me know where I can find the audio, I dug around on that cyberstation website for about 15 minutes but there doesn't seem to be any logical way to listen to a show.

Well, if you heard last nights program, what can I say except interesting.

I didn't check the email until after I started taking telephone calls so since I didn't see the following until after John Lear called (he was the first one) I didn't expect his call. At any rate, if you heard the exchange .... well you heard it. Nothing else to say.

Don

Don,

I will be calling in during the second segment 11pm 12 am to straighten you guys out.

All the best,

John Lear

Hey Don -

Thanks for working on the download section of the DM website, looks like it will be much easier to get these shows in the near future.

Where's this download section you speak of? Using Cyberstation USA's site is about as enjoyable as eating broken glass. Their archive "system" doesn't seem to be a system at all but rather a place where they label shows random days of the week for their own amusement.

Sorry Zombie, it doesn't exist yet. I jumped the gun after seeming some construction on the bottom of the Dark Matters subsection.

Where's this download section you speak of? Using Cyberstation USA's site is about as enjoyable as eating broken glass. Their archive "system" doesn't seem to be a system at all but rather a place where they label shows random days of the week for their own amusement.

Okay, I am on the West Coast and my time zone is Pacific. CyberstationUSA is East Coast and their time zone is Eastern. What this means is that my shows "air" live Monday thru Friday from 10:00 PM Pacific till 12:00 AM ... however in their time zone it is actually Tuesday thru Saturday 1:00 AM till 3:00 AM. This weeks shows are Tuesday thru Saturday on the RED bar in the MP3 archives. So, this week the Moon Show with Allan Sturm is Tuesday, Dr. Barry Taff is Weds. the classic show with Vito Saccheri is Thurs. and and last nights show is Friday. (Sending it to them as I speak. Last weeks shows (check the time and day from what I just told you) is the SLIVER bars. I send the completed show to them the next morning. Hope this helps.

Now, I have no control over how quickly they get the shows up and posted. All I can do is check with the guys that take care of the servers.

Don

I'm on the west coast too, and I see that their time is EST but I still can't seem to find the correct shows, maybe it's just me.

So lets say I'm looking for the Monday Feb. 08 show with Allan Sturm, you would think it would be under Tuesday and silver, right? Or am I still out to lunch.

BTW I think you're a pretty badass host man... but Cyberstation USA is absolutely horrible lol

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Hey guys,

I just came across the Allan Sturm show - here is the link:

http://dqrm.com/xmp3Player-mini/dmr-06-m.mp3

I spoke too soon. Just what I was looking for :D

See that's all they have to do and their site might actually boarder on functional.

Back