• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

MADMANMIKE

Skilled Investigator
Listening to the latest show, I was struck by the mention of a UFO flap in 1978. I was four years old then and started having a recurring nightmare that seems to fit the traumatic overlay theory.

The gist of the dream is this; I was being chased and when cornered I turned on my enemy and strangled them until a white foam came out of their mouth. The overlay is this. I remember it as though I was in a cartoon; running through the canyons from RoadRunner and ending up in Flintstones-esque caves. I saw my enemy as a kid wearing a costume with a skull mask, and for some reason, it was only a few years ago before I realized the defining features of that mask were a slit for a mouth and two large terrifying black holes where the eyes would be.

It was thin and wirey and I remember the clammy feel of it's hands on my arms as I put my hands on it's throat and squeeze, screaming in rage and terror and loss of control. It felt wrong to revel in the futility of it's weak flailing blows against my chest and sides. The horror of the strange white foam coming out of it's mouth as it stopped struggling bothered me the most for a long time.

I woke from that dream in cold sweats off and on for years, and it still disturbs me to think about it. Most of my childhood I was picked on in school and often got beat up, but I rarely fought back; the fear of what I thought I was capable of clamped restraint down on me like iron shackles.

I should say, a few years later when I was seven I went through what I call my "year of hell". Parents separated, two house fires, molested by my mother's boyfriend, struck by lightning, three pet deaths, nearly drowned under ice for the second time in my life, and eventually forced to move across the state and never see any of my friends again. Post Traumatic Stress took on new meaning for me that year.

Also, as I've mentioned in the past, I have Asperger's Syndrome, with about 20% more sensitivity in all my physical senses. This was reconfirmed for me in part when I went to see an Audiologist last year for the tenitus in my left ear. Going through the exam she remarked that I had perfect anatomy. On the hearing test, my scores were pretty much a straight line across the top of the chart.

"You have remarkable hearing, better than anyone I've ever tested"
"Yeah, but what I'm hearing is a ringing sound..." <8[

-Mike

Do you have any conscious memories of anything strange- like balls of light, poltergeist activity, premonitions, etc. You've been struck by lightning? Wow. That was one unreal year you described. Glad you survived it.

When I was seventeen I had an odd experience with my earliest memory. I had slept over ten hours, but it felt like I hadn't slept at all. I sat at the table in the kitchen and after a while my older sister and my mother came into the room and sat down with me, both as exhausted as I was.

I started talking about my memory and as I did my sister and my mother both filled in parts of the details as they remembered it too.

I was only about two years old, and my mother was taking us to get some ice cream. We lived in the country and were driving to the nearest town when it happened. My father had a 1954 baby blue pickup truck, and I was sitting between my mother and my sister, who was standing in the seat (it was the '70's, pre-car seats for kids and pre-seatbelt laws).

My sister, who was just barely four, pointed ahead of us and said "Look at the sun!"

We all looked at the bright light in front of us as it seemed to get bigger and move closer. The we slowly turned and looked out the window to our left and saw the sun in the sky where it belonged. After looking back at the bright light none of us remembered anything else about the experience.

I have to add that at two years old, my grasp of spoken language was so weak that as I recall the experience, I recall how the words my sister said sounded like sounds to me, not specifically registering as anything I could understand. I mean, in hindsight I know what the sounds mean, but I looked at the time because she pointed, not because I could comprehend what she was saying.

That was my only ball of light story. I have one other sighting that changed my life earlier the same year I remembered that first one, but I'll have to share that later; right now I have to get to work.

-Mike

The experience when you were seventeen and slept over ten hours- you're saying after you woke up you started to recall an experience from when you were two? What made you go back to an experience you had as a two year old? Were you dreaming of it before you woke up or something? How well did your sister, and more importantly, your mother remember the experience- could she clearly recall it without your prompting? Anyway, very interesting. I wonder if you've had any experiences that would not generally be considered to fit into a ufo paradigm. For example, things go missing in the house and turn up under your bed or you see a ghost- that sort of thing.

Son of a - I just spent the last half hour responding to your question with a story and it disappeared. I don't have the time left now, I'll try to find the motivation when I get home from work again tonight after 11.

-Mike <8[

Okay, back off work finally.

To address your questions, we each told part of the story, and we remembered it the same. I felt like I hadn't slept at all and could recall no dreaming. Nothing in fact, not even restless tossing and turning.

On to the poltergeist story.

A little over a year earlier when I was sixteen, my parents stopped making me go to church with them. I was ecstatic as the youth group had tormented me since we'd starting going to that church eight years earlier. It was a Wednesday night and they were getting ready to go. My sister was leaving with them so she could meet her boyfriend at her best friends house.

We lived in a six bedroom, three and a half bathroom house with a thirty-two thousand gallon in ground pool. The deal was my father would remodel the house and we would get to live there so I could attend school in that school district (a much nicer neighborhood than the one where we'd lived before). The people who had the house before us built it in the early '70's and raised six kids in it, although one had died in the house of some childhood illness. When the agent showed us the house she claimed the owners had a big dog that had dragged a dead animal into the room upstairs; this was to explain the disturbing black stains on the walls and floor. There was no explanation for the odd dark stain at the bottom of the basement stairs.

Anyway, my sister was always leaving a mess wherever she went and that night I decided to teach her how easy it is to clean up after herself. This was 1990, so as she finished doing her hair I lectured her while I wrapped up the cords and put away her thin curling iron, her fat curling iron, her curlers, her bendy curlers, her hair dryer and her various cans of hairspray and perfumes. I turned off the lights and followed her down the hall to her bedroom (the one that had been stained), and went around the room turning off her two clock radios, her stereo and her two boom boxes, as well as the four lamps. I thought about putting the phone back out in the hall where I could get to it more easily, but the hassle was too much so I followed her out.

At the top of the stairs there was a double light switch for the hall and the stairs. I've always been a bit obsessive compulsive so I turned off the hall lights making both of the switches be in the off position, then at the bottom of the stairs I turned off the stair lights to set those switches the same as well. Walking in the dark to the entryway I said good bye then stood in the living room while watching the car pull out of the driveway and head down the street.

When they were almost to the second corner I thought I heard a bump. This house was old, and it had it's sounds; several times I'd heard what sounded like the dog chasing the cat upstairs only to find them both downstairs sound asleep. The idea that the house was haunted was a comfortable explanation for the oddities there. Never-the-less, I went to the base of the stairs to investigate. Before I reached them I could see that the hall light was on upstairs and wondered if I hadn't turned it off after all. But when I got to the top of the stairs I could feel all the blood draining to my feet as I looked into the bathroom. All of my sisters things were back out and plugged in, and the water was running in the sink. I looked into my bedroom and saw that my alarm clock radio was on, my lights were on and my ancient TV was warming up. Looking down the hall, I could see that my sisters lights were on and I could hear her radios as well.

I quickly turned the water off and ran downstairs to the family room to grab a log from beside the fireplace, then planted myself with my back to the front door. After a few minutes I said aloud "SCREW THIS!" and abandoned the house to go to a friends down the street, where I stayed until my parents called me home.

I'll save my fire-in-the-sky story for another time, I've got to get up for another 12 hour day at work tomorrow in six hours.

-Mike

Damn, now that's an amazing story. Anyway, going back to when you woke up and you each recounted an experience from when you were two. What made the three of you go back to that time and start recounting it? Is it that you woke up and said out of the blue something like, "Remember when...." Something must of prompted you or your mother to bring up something from 15 years earlier. Was that the first time you all had discussed it? It's obvious you think you might have been abducted- and you might have actually killed an alien. I don't doubt that you've had some odd experiences but try to stay grounded. Sometimes a dream is just a dream and in hindsight we can make more of it than it was. People can convince themselves of all sorts of things. Guess I'm saying, just try not to go off the deep end- try and maintain a healthy skepticism. If you get a chance I'd love to hear about the "fire in the sky" and any other unusual experiences you've had.

I just posted this to another thread but figured I'd put it here too, as I said I would however long ago.

....In 1991 I was not quite 17 yet. A couple of friends and I walked to the nearest Blockbuster, and after renting some movies were on our way back to one of their houses. The road we walked was an east-west road, and we were headed East. Cutting across the parking lot of a community center, we were walking uphill when we saw it. A fire in the sky, very similar to the one in the picture. As I watched I saw there were actually two objects, and through the flames we could see silver. Honestly we assumed from the size and speed that it was an airliner that had lost it's tail section (the second ball of fire) and was crashing. If I held a ruler between my hands at arms length, I would say together the parts were at least nine inches across.

It sped across the sky heading due North, and we ran to my friends car and actually tried to follow it, figuring that it would crash into the city not far down the road. We ended up getting lost downtown an hour later and as we returned it sunk in that for that size and speed to not have crashed downtown, it must have been massive, moving faster than we thought and higher up.

The more we thought about it the more we realized how odd it was to not have heard any sound. When we returned to my house (just down the block from my friends house where we were headed originally), I told my mother about it excitedly and she said it was on the news, and would be recapped any moment.

We sat down with heavy anticipation and were sorely disappointed. "And a recap of our top story, sources in the government tell us that a fire seen in the sky all over the midwest tonight was actually a Russian satellite that burned up on re-entry and crashed into Northern Arkansas."

WTF?! I could believe a Russian Satelite, but I'd have to be from Arkansas to believe it actually crashed there. How the hell did it crash in Northern Arkansas when I chased it North from the southern suburbs of Kansas City, hundreds of miles NORTH if Arkansas?!

I've questioned everything ever since. I mean, for that bullshit story to be true, it would have had to either circumnavigate the globe after I saw it, or made a 180 degree turn.

Never take the easy explanation for a fire in the sky. It's usually bull.

-Mike

Hi MADMANMIKE,

Very interesting story and some of it sounds like my own regarding paranormal activity. Me and my partner were driving to a coast location when our car started to behave very strangely. My partner lost all control of the car as it stop , start , stop, start. The radio, window wipers went haywire and the car went all over the road. The brakes & hand brake failed. The weather changed from cloudy to bright sunshine. My partner was screaming as it zig zag across the road towards a swampy area and then the car came to full stop on the other side of the road in front of on- -coming traffic which appear out of the blue. We had missing time.

Greetings,
blowfish

Back