• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

1958:Mike Wallace interviews Major Donald Keyhoe

I like the part where he says Keyhoe is accusing the government of lying. "That's a very serious charge!"

LOLOLOL

Vintage Keyhoe. From the early 1950s, he believed that the government had in place a "Silence Group" that withheld the truth about UFOs. He felt that truth was their extraterrestrial origin, which probably made him one of the first outspoken advocates for disclosure.

Vintage Keyhoe. From the early 1950s, he believed that the government had in place a "Silence Group" that withheld the truth about UFOs. He felt that truth was their extraterrestrial origin, which probably made him one of the first outspoken advocates for disclosure.

The irony is that its' Mike Wallace doing the interview. It's as if he's saying, "The government lying? It's unheard of." Obviously the 50s was a different time and Wallace became a different journalist over the years. A classic UFO TV moment.

I saw this awhile back and was impressed with Keyhoe. Still my favorite part is the "P-funk" cigarette add by Wallace. Fricken' Hilarious!

Man what a cruisader this Keyhoe !!!

After viewing this, there's no doubt in my mind that the courage, intelligence and force of conviction displayed in the interview was a key factor in bringing about project blue book.

All this fuss and obsession about an elusive phenomenon makes no sense at all unless the proof is more explosive than the A-bomb... which in my opinion it is. Presenting (in 1958) the idea that there are higher-level sentient creatures looking down on all of humanity and perhaps silently shaping its destiny.... without fully assessing the religious and ethical implications was kind of crazy. But then again, it triggered the fake 'Blue Book' effort needed to reassure the population and put it back into sleep mode.

In 2010, 52 years later we should complete the conclusion on the report:

No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security. However, confirming the idea that humanity is surrounded by alien sentient life with varied intents is effectively a threat to national security and stability. There is nothing our present government can do to prevent mutilation, abduction, interference in nuclear defense facilities or other actions which may be linked to the phenomenon. These entities, operating beyond our jurisdiction, laws and technical limits have decided to tolerate our dominant presence on this planet and for that we are thankful (LOL).

No wonder this topic isn't going anywhere soon ;)

Exactly. I kinda liked him though. Met him a few times. He wasn't as crusty as Hall, who worked for him at NICAP in the old days.

What do you think of his 1973 book Aliens from Space ? It's been a long time since I read it but the author didn't strike me as being scientifically up to date. He included something about "Martian canals" following great circle routes.

What do you think of his 1973 book Aliens from Space ? It's been a long time since I read it but the author didn't strike me as being scientifically up to date. He included something about "Martian canals" following great circle routes.

I don't recall reading the book. I kinda gave up on Keyhoe's books earlier than that.

Back