• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

1947 UFO crash Plains of San Augustin N.M

Free episodes:

Randle has raised doubts about this case and even Friedman, who thinks San Agustin is real, views it as distinct from Roswell. Btw there was a reported 1949 crash in essentially this area--Datil IIRC.

I'm sure this isn't a new theory but this period and area seems to be rife with crash reports . I've got a feeling that when the cold war was especially tense the air force had a policy of flying nuke armed bombers 24/7 , some of which were based at Roswell . Now, there was a well known case of one falling off a B-52 in Spain and that area is still affected now so maybe something similar (or worse?) happened in the late 40s and they stumbled across the ufo crash theory as a great diversion ? Maybe by now that would have been uncovered by FOIA but I don't have enough knowledge on this. Happy to be shot down on this, just one of those random musings you have now and then. Never heard of this one before, so thanks!

What's to comment on? It's just bits of aluminum foil. There are only about 8 million uses for aluminum foil and who knows how many ways it could have wound up out where it was found. The bottom line is that substantiating the theory that it came from a crashed alien ship is virtually impossible.

You did not read the lab analysis which concluded the "bits of aluminum foil" have isotopic ratios not found in normal earth elements and the ratios of the elements in the foil are not found in regular aluminum foil..

You did not read the lab analysis which concluded the "bits of aluminum foil" have isotopic ratios not found in normal earth elements and the ratios of the elements in the foil are not found in regular aluminum foil..
How many 100s of kinds of aluminum foil are there? How much of one element or another in the alloy has oxidized away due to exposure? How do we know with any certainty when the pieces were actually deposited at the location they were allegedly found? Have you ever heard of the Bob White object? They made the same claim for that, and it's also been debunked, at least to my satisfaction. The only thing I'll grant is that somebody actually took the time to go out and do some field work to look for evidence. But it's a far cry from there to concluding that these bits of foil are from a crashed alien craft ( UFO ).

A piece of material evidence that I would be interested in knowing more about is the chunk that was allegedly shot off a UFO by a military jet that supposedly contains a matrix of nanoscale spheres. However to my knowledge that piece of material evidence has never been given to the public for independent analysis. If I recall correctly, it was brought to our attention by author Arthur Bray who got the info via Wilbert Smith ( someone correct me on that if I'm wrong ).

Last edited:
How many 100s of kinds of aluminum foil are there? How much of one element or another in the alloy has oxidized away due to exposure? How do we know with any certainty when the pieces were actually deposited at the location they were allegedly found? Have you ever heard of the Bob White object? They made the same claim for that, and it's also been debunked, at least to my satisfaction. The only thing I'll grant is that somebody actually took the time to go out and do some field work to look for evidence. But it's a far cry from there to concluding that these bits of foil are from a crashed alien craft ( UFO ).

Even if the pieces are unusual, can we be sure they date from '47??

If I recall correctly, it was brought to our attention by author Arthur Bray who got the info via Wilbert Smith ( someone correct me on that if I'm wrong ).

I first read about that in the book by Frank Edwards.

I'm sure this isn't a new theory but this period and area seems to be rife with crash reports .

Most dubious.

I've got a feeling that when the cold war was especially tense the air force had a policy of flying nuke armed bombers 24/7 , some of which were based at Roswell . Now, there was a well known case of one falling off a B-52 in Spain and that area is still affected now so maybe something similar (or worse?) happened in the late 40s and they stumbled across the ufo crash theory as a great diversion ?

Not a chance. As I recently posted in KDR's site, the skeptics wouldn't have clung to mogul for so long if there was a better earthly explanation of any kind. I never heard of any radioactivity at the Roswell sites. And nobody doubts that something crashed, causing a debris field. It wasn't just a single object.

Happy to be shot down on this, just one of those random musings you have now and then.

I see. :)

Back