• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

140 Years of UFO Pictures (some rare gems too)

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Telegraph.co.uk is running a piece on the best UFO photos of the last 140 years. There are some real gems in there too, including quite a few that I have never seen and IMO should be used more often as 'compelling UFO photos'.

Part 1:

UFO sightings: 140 years of UFO pictures - Telegraph

Part 2:

UFO sightings: 140 years of UFO pictures - Telegraph

A couple of stand-outs from the first list:

july1952passoria_1112707i.jpg

1952washingtondc_1112713i.jpg

There's actually a Part 3 that covers the 80s-present timeline but it only appears intermitantly in the "related articles" box.

The research on these seems to be hit-and-miss. Clearly they were going for "best quality" and not "most likely genuine" particularily considering there's at least two (possibly three) early Meier photos in there, plus Adamski.

It's weird though, looking at some of these pictures and trying to make a judgement call, I keep hearing that debunker mantra Freidman often brings up: "See, it's so blurry and worthless, it MUST be a hoax/See, it's so sharp and so detailed it MUST be a hoax!". Alot of them do have a very manmade, model feel to them though. ALOT.

Yeah thats an Adamski photo right? Either that or two people have the exact same toy.

I'm not sure, but I think Adamski's "scout ships" looked like that. Someone here will know for sure.

It just tickled my funny bone somehow, especially the thing about finding it in the attic or cellar or whatever it was.

Good stuff. :D

I'm not sure, but I think Adamski's "scout ships" looked like that. Someone here will know for sure.

It just tickled my funny bone somehow, especially the thing about finding it in the attic or cellar or whatever it was.

Good stuff. :D

They looked exactly like that. So either that really is a genuine UFO or its another Adamski.

good2.jpg

The hat photos have intrigued me for years. Since I was a child. It was one of the cases that compelled me into looking more into ufos. Same object was photographed in different countries around the same time.

Several years ago MUFON received the confenscated pics, proving at least part of the witness' story. That is that the gov. took some of his pics. The PO BOX was un-traceable too. The dirt underneath the "ufo" being kicked up is a nice touch.

I missed that. So you guys think this is kicking up dirt? To be honest I dont really buy it. But I could be wrong (it happened once).

Back