• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 Questions for Al Gore.

Free versions of recent episodes:

T

Tommy Allison

10 Questions for Al Gore - HUMAN EVENTS THIS IS WHERE I FOUND THE ARTICLE. I NEVER TOOK CREDIT FOR WRITING THIS, SO ASTROBOY CAN GO FUCK HIMSELF.

Mr. Global Warming himself, Al Gore, is the star witness today in the House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing Democrats’ cap-and-tax global warming bill.
The bill -- recently introduced by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-Hollywood) and Edward Markey (D-Kennedywood) -- is labeled the “American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009,” which is as Orwellian a name as the “Employee Free Choice Act,” which is of course the way to deny secret ballots to employees in union elections.
This bill should be named the “Al Gore Enrichment Act. ”
House Republicans will have a chance to do better than their Senate colleagues did in January, when no tough questions were asked.
Here are a few questions Gore should answer in the hearing tomorrow:
1. You are a partner in the venture capital firm of Kleiner-Perkins and a co-founder of the United Kingdom-based investment firm of Generation Investment Management, each of which stands to gain financially from greenhouse gas regulation. Please describe any other financial interests that you have in any other businesses that stand to profit from greenhouse gas regulation.
2. In October 2008, the New York Times Magazine featured a cover story on how Kleiner Perkins had invested $1 billion in 40 companies that would profit from new environmental and energy laws and regulations. What will be your share of any profits from these ventures?
3. How much of your own money have you contributed to Kleiner-Perkins, Generation Investment Management and other businesses that stand to profit from greenhouse gas regulation? If you have not contributed significant amounts of your own capital to these businesses, what, then, is your role in them? Are you a lobbyist? Are you the face of their public relations efforts? Is your job to run around scaring politicians and the public into enacting greenhouse gas regulation?
4. Is Kleiner-Perkins’ business plan to have you press for legislation and regulation favorable to its clients in order to make them more attractive and available for sale to the public, at which time Kleiner-Perkins would cash out, leaving the public invested in not-ready-for-prime-time companies that have dubious financial prospects and that are dependent on taxpayer subsidies?
5. Your co-founder with Generation Investment Management is former Goldman Sachs partner David Blood. Goldman Sachs is lobbying for global warming legislation and is a part owner of the Chicago Climate Exchange, where carbon credits from cap-and-trade legislation would be traded. Do you or Generation Investment Management stand to benefit in anyway from these relationships?
6. Generation Investment Management’s web site says the firm provides investment advice to clients. Who are Generation Investment Management’s clients and how do they stand to profit from upcoming environmental and energy legislation and regulation? Will these clients share their profits with you and/or Generation Investment Management?
7. When you left public service in January 2001, your personal net worth was perhaps $2 million. In 2007, your personal net worth was reported to be on the order of $100 million. How much of this fortune is related, directly or indirectly, to your advocacy of legislation to reduce “global warming”?
8. When you testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in January, why did you not disclose to the Committee and to the public your relationships with Kleiner-Perkins and Generation Investment Management? Generation Investment Management’s web site says, “Integrity and honesty are the bedrock of our business. We demand the highest ethical standards in our work and in our personal lives.” In light of this statement, how to you explain your failure to inform the Senate Committee of your financial conflicts of interest?
9. You travel all over the world in jets and limos, own a houseboat, use 20 times more electricity than the average American, and stand to make a fortune that most millionaires would envy. Yet you tell Americans to downsize their lives, such as by limiting their travel, using less heat and air conditioning, and drying their clothes outside on a clothesline. Describe for us, in detail, your personal “carbon footprint.”
10. If you are wrong about humans causing catastrophic global warming, will you give all the money you “earned” from your alarmism back?

Great post Tommy. Excellent stuff.

One of my main objections concerning global warming is the implicit, arrogant, human-centric assumption that the current global climate patterns at THIS SNAPSHOT MOMENT IN TIME are the in fact the best and must be preserved at all costs. Greenland is icy and Iceland is green.

Moreover, there are a great many renowned scientists who not only disagree that the world is warming, they in fact have compelling evidence that it is cooling.

But back to your post. It was wonderful. Very thoughtful comments that clearly demonstrate the hypocrisy and politicalization of a red herring issue whose true intent has more to do with personal profiterring, increased taxes, legistation and government control than in climate maintenence.

The folks in the UK are none too happy with what their government has done over the past decade regarding this issue. They have already walked the path we are just starting, and it has resulted in massive tax increases and fewer personal liberties.

Anyway, thanks for the well written post. Comments like yours move this important discussion forward.

Scot.

Tommy,

That was an excellent post. Now, let's put Gore out of the picture for a moment.

Do you think that human industrial activity and resource consumption has had no effect on the increase in the amount of carbon in our atmosphere in the last 100 years?

What do you think about the fact that the Earth's population has swelled what, from around 1 billion in 1800 to over 6 billion today, and the effect it's had on the planet's overall health?

I'm just wondering. It seems to me that the rate at which we consume the trees, fish, oil, fresh water and chocolate is growing exponentially, and the Earth is a finite resource which is starting to show it's limits. I could be wrong, as always, but what do you think about the idea that humans are a cancer on the face of this planet, and the notion that the planet might decide to cull our ranks in order to protect itself? Does that simple idea strike you as hippy hogwash?

dB

Tommy,

That was an excellent post. Now, let's put Gore out of the picture for a moment.

Do you think that human industrial activity and resource consumption has had no effect on the increase in the amount of carbon in our atmosphere in the last 100 years?

What do you think about the fact that the Earth's population has swelled what, from around 1 billion in 1800 to over 6 billion today, and the effect it's had on the planet's overall health?

I'm just wondering. It seems to me that the rate at which we consume the trees, fish, oil, fresh water and chocolate is growing exponentially, and the Earth is a finite resource which is starting to show it's limits. I could be wrong, as always, but what do you think about the idea that humans are a cancer on the face of this planet, and the notion that the planet might decide to cull our ranks in order to protect itself? Does that simple idea strike you as hippy hogwash?

dB

When you can put the entire population of this planet, and given them a 4 bedroom house, in the state of Texas, it should tell you something about our planet's ability to provide for its inhabitants.

We are a gnat on the ass of an elephant, and we need to stop thinking that we're so fucking powerful. We aren't. The Earth can shake us off at any time. What our problem in this world, is the controls and lies put upon humanity by a select few, who constantly manipulate the various peoples of the world, and keep us from moving forward as a species.

The ultimate goal of any species is to flourish and prosper, not to mention evolve. Our lives are finite, and our planet can be engulfed by the sun any time. In order to survive, we are going to have to leave this planet, and there in lies the problem. I believe that there is a concerted effort by the powers that be to ensure that day never comes, and that our spark is put out of this universe in less than 1000 years.

I honestly believe all this alien UFO bullshit isn't about helping humanity, it's about making sure we FAIL, EPICLY as a species. Darwinism on a universal scale.

When you can put the entire population of this planet, and given them a 4 bedroom house, in the state of Texas, it should tell you something about our planet's ability to provide for its inhabitants.

We are a gnat on the ass of an elephant, and we need to stop thinking that we're so fucking powerful. We aren't. The Earth can shake us off at any time. What our problem in this world, is the controls and lies put upon humanity by a select few, who constantly manipulate the various peoples of the world, and keep us from moving forward as a species.

The ultimate goal of any species is to flourish and prosper, not to mention evolve. Our lives are finite, and our planet can be engulfed by the sun any time. In order to survive, we are going to have to leave this planet, and there in lies the problem. I believe that there is a concerted effort by the powers that be to ensure that day never comes, and that our spark is put out of this universe in less than 1000 years.

I honestly believe all this alien UFO bullshit isn't about helping humanity, it's about making sure we FAIL, EPICLY as a species. Darwinism on a universal scale.

Tommy,

Seriously, 6.6 billion talking monkeys in a place the size of Texas? I think it would be a bit of a tight squeeze, and not doable, especially given the problem of feeding all those mouths.

So you think there's a plan to extinguish the human species? Please elaborate. I think that there's some serious greed going on, but wiping out the entire species as the goal of the species? Or are you thinking of something a bit more sinister? I'm not being cynical, I'm truly wondering what you're inferring.

dB

Tommy,
Even a gnat has weight to it.
If it lands on an elephants ass it won't break it's back, but it will make it a little heavier. (I'm going out my way here on my expertise on gnats but,)
If 6.6 billion gnats land on an elephants ass
I'm just going to assume that the elephant would be like, "What the?"
;)

Geez Tommy, think about this: those select few who are doing their best to see we do not move forward, if that is true, would also be burying themselves with that failure. What select few would have the planet in their hands to do with as they will, AND also be suicidal? people with power and money, want to keep them... they want to LIVE! Long and prosperous lives, not die away in some little backwater hole that is full of their own misdeeds. They always want a beautiful home, up above the riffraff, the hoi polloi where they smell nothing but sweet air, and see nothing but beautiful faces and priceless treasures around themselves. Why would they deliberately put themselves in the opposite of that scenario?

as for a gnat on the ass of an elephant theory vis a vis the earth and its inhabitants...

think for a second or two: we eat animals and plants that grow from the earth. everything we consume causes us to grow. but, when we consume it, it is gone. nothing we eat or drink or use to house or clothe us, travel, etc., comes out of thin air. we transform what is already here into what we need to survive and to satisfy our wants.
So, no matter how many people we have on Earth, do we become heavier as the population rises? or does the weight of Earth stay the same, the only addition to its weight coming from space dust? :confused:

Tommy,
Even a knat has weight to it.
If it lands on an elephants ass it won't break it's back, but it will make it a little heavier. (I'm going out my way here on my expertise on knats but,)
If 6.6 billion knats land on an elephants ass
I'm just going to assume that the elephant would be like, "What the?"
;)

We make the Earth itchy.

Tommy,

Seriously, 6.6 billion talking monkeys in a place the size of Texas? I think it would be a bit of a tight squeeze, and not doable, especially given the problem of feeding all those mouths.

So you think there's a plan to extinguish the human species? Please elaborate. I think that there's some serious greed going on, but wiping out the entire species as the goal of the species? Or are you thinking of something a bit more sinister? I'm not being cynical, I'm truly wondering what you're inferring.

dB

Sounds pretty cynical there David I mean "talking monkeys"?

Tommy,
I could be wrong, as always, but what do you think about the idea that humans are a cancer on the face of this planet, and the notion that the planet might decide to cull our ranks in order to protect itself? Does that simple idea strike you as hippy hogwash?

dB
When wild populations of rabbit and deer grow too large, they usually get decimated by disease within a few years.
I try to be optimistic and think there is a possibility that we are a reaching a critical mass of interconnected consciousnesses that may allow humans to become the equivalent of cells in a larger planetary organism and migrate to outer space. Once we figure out how to colonize space, we can crank out as many young'uns as we want. Imagine a human population of trillions, electronically interconnected, spanning the solar system. It could be really cool.
It is probably more likely that if we overpopulate, we'll end up eating each others' heads like rats in a pet shop aquarium or Nature will kick up a mean bug and huge numbers will drown in their own snot. She can be a bitch.

Tommy didn't write this post. Knowing that everyone assumes he wrote it and not fessing up about the true author I can only conclude that he is trying to take credit for it. It's called plagiarism.

Here is the original post:

10 Questions for Al Gore - HUMAN EVENTS

Surprised no one saw that the style of writing was different from the typical profanity laced tirade that we've become used to.

Can we "unthank" someone?

Tommy,

dB

Yes, you can put every human being into Texas. I honestly believe that there is a plan, and not a human plan, to make damned certain that humanity dies out. They don't want us out in space, they don't want us cluttering up the galaxy, or making trouble as we little primates do.

We simply lack the ability to progress, and evolve into a species that can comprehend our place in the universe, and that's why we're being selected for a sort of evolutionary phase out.

We're nothing in the universe. All of the problems on this little insignificant planet are exactly that. Insignificant, and just as every last one of us is merely a microbe on a beach, we too will be washed away.

Not because we're incapable of becoming more than what we are, or because we don't know other ways to live. We live for entirely the wrong reasons, and it is THAT reason we will be factored out. We live for the acquisition of wealth. THAT IS OUR ONLY REASON TO EXIST. Primates, Rodents, and certain Birds collect things in order to make themselves attractive to mates.

To think that we're living at our level of ability is a fucking joke. We're nowhere near the potential we hold. The retarded kid who works at McDonald's sweeping the floor, or running a cash register might be a little closer to their potential, but the average human being is a piece of useless filth, who simply wants more crap to make themselves feel wealthy, and why??? BECAUSE WE FEAR DEATH.

Dying is the worst thing in the world. We desperately want to leave some kind of mark on this world, and want some kind of immortality. We want to be remembered on one little world, because the universe is a big place, and in a millisecond your existence will never have been. The more crap you own, the more stuff you have, the more things you acquire do not mean a fucking thing because in the end, you go to either a furnace, or a hole in the ground, and the rest of the shit finds its way to either a resale shop, auction, or a fucking landfill.

If human beings acted truly human. If we aspired to evolve both mentally and physically, and gave up our ravenous pursuits for material wealth, and pushed for the creations of new technologies that would free us from the tyranny of a minority of greedy monkeys, we could be worthy of being let out into the universe. Instead, we will continue to squabble, and fight, and believe the lies of evil people who seek only their own fortunes, and to control the great unwashed masses of what passes for upright primates on this little shitty backwater planet.

I honestly believe that there is a plan, and not a human plan, to make damned certain that humanity dies out.

Devil's advocate: If there is a non-human plan to make sure that humanity dies out, then why do you think these non-humans have not simply exterminated us?

If human beings were dead-set on making certain that horses, for example, died out, I would think that within a few years we could pretty much eliminate them from the earth.

This intelligence has been with us for much longer than a few years.

Tommy didn't write this post. Knowing that everyone assumes he wrote it and not fessing up about the true author I can only conclude that he is trying to take credit for it. It's called plagiarism.

Here is the original post:

10 Questions for Al Gore - HUMAN EVENTS

Surprised no one saw that the style of writing was different from the typical profanity laced tirade that we've become used to.

Can we "unthank" someone?

I didn't read all of it. I hate Gore.

Anyway, yes you can remove your thanks.

Back