• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, 11 years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

    Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics of Global Warming

Free episodes:

'We're ready to fight.' Gov. Jerry Brown unloads on Trump and climate issues
LINK:
'We're ready to fight.' Gov. Jerry Brown unloads on Trump and climate issues
TEXT: "In perhaps his most fiery comments since Donald Trump won the presidency, Gov. Jerry Brown said on Wednesday California will push back against any effort to stop or reverse policies fighting global climate change.

"We've got the scientists, we've got the lawyers and we're ready to fight," Brown said to applause during a speech to the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco.

The governor has mostly held back in recent weeks from commenting on the potential policy changes promised by the president-elect during the campaign. But in the impassioned speech to a group of scientists, Brown lamented what he described as a "miasma of nonsense" on important issues facing the nation and world.

The only direct comment about the president-elect came in a reference to worries that climate research conducted by NASA could come to an end under the new administration. Brown reminded the crowd of the nickname he was given by a newspaper columnist in 1976, "Governor Moonbeam," for his interest in a state-sponsored satellite.

"If Trump turns off the satellites, California will launch its own damn satellite," roared Brown to the crowd.

And referring to Rick Perry, the former Texas governor Trump has selected to lead the Dept. of Energy, Brown reminded everyone of California's advantages over Texas when it comes to renewable energy.

"We've got more sun than you've got oil," he quipped.

​
 
Tomorrow morning the catastrophic warming of the planet will cause it to be -25F here in my neck of the woods.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
On the flip side.

High-quality data
Far from being a fudge to make warming look more severe than it is, most of the Bureau’s data manipulation has in fact had the effect of reducing the apparent extreme temperature trends across Australia. Cherrypicking weather stations where data have been corrected in a warming direction doesn’t mean the overall picture is wrong.

Data homogenisation is not aimed at producing a predetermined outcome, but rather is an essential process in improving weather data by spotting where temperature records need to be corrected, in either direction. If the Bureau didn’t do it, then we and our fellow climatologists wouldn’t use its data because it would be misleading. What we need are data from which spurious warming or cooling trends have been removed, so that we can see the actual trends.

Marshalling all of the data from the Bureau’s weather stations can be a complicated process, which is why it has been subjected to international peer-review. The Bureau has provided the details of how it is done,
This process has been the basis of all scientific advances in the past couple of centuries and has led to profoundly important advances in knowledge. Abandoning peer-reviewed journals in favour of newspaper articles when adjudicating on scientific methods would be profoundly misguided.

No, the Bureau of Meteorology is not fiddling its weather data

Climate sceptics see a conspiracy in Australia's record breaking heat | Graham Readfearn
 
Very long, intriguing article -

The Pentagon & Climate Change: How Deniers Put National Security at Risk: The leaders of our armed forces know what's coming next – but deniers in Congress are ignoring the warnings
By Jeff Goodell February 12, 2015
LINK: The Pentagon and Climate Change: Is National Security at Risk? | Rolling Stone
@Burnt State On November 1st you 'liked' this post - from ten years ago. Wow - the passing of time. My politics has gone through a 180' turn, especially on Climate Change. What startles me is how loooonnnng my posts were 10 years ago. Unlikely I'll ever post at such length ever again. The vitality of relative 'youth' has given way to old age sobriety. ;) Ha!
 
@Burnt State On November 1st you 'liked' this post - from ten years ago. Wow - the passing of time. My politics has gone through a 180' turn, especially on Climate Change. What startles me is how loooonnnng my posts were 10 years ago. Unlikely I'll ever post at such length ever again. The vitality of relative 'youth' has given way to old age sobriety. ;) Ha!
So what is senior sobriety telling you? On my end I spend my time growing my own food at a community garden and am expecting to watch the beginning of the end of humanity before I die. I feel bad for the world my children will inherit. I remain amazed at how stupid the blind masses are who voted for hatred and shot themselves in the foot. We reap what we sow. I look forward to a future biological earth devoid of humanity.

My current theory is that intelligence may be a bad thing if it's going to be used to make technology.
 
I remember when this article originally came out and I was impressed that the military were being open about the dangers of climate change. It's an unfortunate part of our world where corporate interests are taking precedent over dangerous reality. There are certain companies who make their money off of products that are catastrophically polluting our environment. They know it, scientists know it, and the politicians know it. But, money and corruption is the controlling part of capitalist society and politicians are more than willing to sacrifice the lives of future generations for that immediate monetary gain in the form of bribery and kickbacks. Why do you think that the current resident in the White House is so fond of talking about the "dangers" and "inefficiencies" of renewable energies? Could it be that he is in the pockets of corporations that see their future wealth potential being whittled away by solar, wind and other sources of clean energy? I will let you decide for yourself.
 
So what is senior sobriety telling you? On my end I spend my time growing my own food at a community garden and am expecting to watch the beginning of the end of humanity before I die. I feel bad for the world my children will inherit. I remain amazed at how stupid the blind masses are who voted for hatred and shot themselves in the foot. We reap what we sow. I look forward to a future biological earth devoid of humanity.

My current theory is that intelligence may be a bad thing if it's going to be used to make technology.
I think what I meant is that 10 years ago I was under the genuine illusion that real discussion was taking place and shared information would be seriously read and would inform responses. Never happened, I don't think. TLDR being a valid reason. I'm in that mode more than ever. Succinct is my preference, without quotes, just referrals back.

But the reality is I learned a lot from posting on this forum - especially re ufology, but especially about how the human mind is wont to work. My own, others. I along with everyone else that finds their way here would love for aliens and flying saucers to be a real thing. It's the romantic in me (to quote Casablanca). But if I've learned anything - it's dollars to donuts - very unlikely (because the way we are assuming such things might exist does not comport with the actual nature of the universe - thats a discussion for another day). I sit and watch as one dubious 'whistleblower' after another comes forward regaling another eager generation with stories from years ago ('I saw this', 'I saw that', when 'I was a this or that' 10 years ago - or 'so-and-so told me'). Some are more believable than others but under the skin they are all bogus. The best I saw in recent years were the Air Force pilots submitting videos of the tic-tacs. Outstanding presentation, but Good lord, so obviously a psyops. There were red flags all over that one - but it was so well done. 'They' are getting so sophisticated with this stuff - seamless like those 'seamless' flying machines we are wont to eagerly drool over. ;)

I am far from as dystopian as you. Might this have to do with location - you're in Canada, not so? I love humanity, love the earth, love our story. We are in WW3 but it's unlike anything we anticipated. We're too focused on dragging forward the past to inform our future, in a sense. There's really exciting stuff afoot, but it's coming alongside a problematic intellectual war, a societal readjustment - all enflamed by the digital world. But it's going to be okay - that I know, albeit we have tons to get straightened out. That's what's exciting.
 
I think what I meant is that 10 years ago I was under the genuine illusion that real discussion was taking place and shared information would be seriously read and would inform responses. Never happened, I don't think. TLDR being a valid reason. I'm in that mode more than ever. Succinct is my preference, without quotes, just referrals back.

But the reality is I learned a lot from posting on this forum - especially re ufology, but especially about how the human mind is wont to work. My own, others. I along with everyone else that finds their way here would love for aliens and flying saucers to be a real thing. It's the romantic in me (to quote Casablanca). But if I've learned anything - it's dollars to donuts - very unlikely (because the way we are assuming such things might exist does not comport with the actual nature of the universe - thats a discussion for another day). I sit and watch as one dubious 'whistleblower' after another comes forward regaling another eager generation with stories from years ago ('I saw this', 'I saw that', when 'I was a this or that' 10 years ago - or 'so-and-so told me'). Some are more believable than others but under the skin they are all bogus. The best I saw in recent years were the Air Force pilots submitting videos of the tic-tacs. Outstanding presentation, but Good lord, so obviously a psyops. There were red flags all over that one - but it was so well done. 'They' are getting so sophisticated with this stuff - seamless like those 'seamless' flying machines we are wont to eagerly drool over. ;)

I am far from as dystopian as you. Might this have to do with location - you're in Canada, not so? I love humanity, love the earth, love our story. We are in WW3 but it's unlike anything we anticipated. We're too focused on dragging forward the past to inform our future, in a sense. There's really exciting stuff afoot, but it's coming alongside a problematic intellectual war, a societal readjustment - all enflamed by the digital world. But it's going to be okay - that I know, albeit we have tons to get straightened out. That's what's exciting.
Thanks, tyger for giving me some good laughs re: American military UFO disclosure/whistleblowers. I think you've got that nailed down.

The only progress made in the field I think has been a more open intellectual discussion happening mostly in California regarding how we talk about it. I think the discussion has diversified, become more witness centric, has engaged philosophers, anthropologists and scientists across disciplines. This is good. It really is an interdisciplinary phenomenon.

If I appear dystopian it's because I read too much Orwell when I was young, and I live above America watching "2+2=5", along with, "some pigs are better than others", unfold in real time.

I also feel that the stuff they call food in grocery stores is pretty tasteless and bogus. In that way, yes, there are many exciting developments taking place! Long live the new homesteader and people who make planting trees a religion.

However, I don't think any of the good movements are going to stop a history of oil and coal burning, chainsaws and cows. Climate change is about a lot of different things that threaten a lot of biological life forms on this planet, and the downward march is on. I think the second Blade Runner and Soylent Green are movies that accurately depict our times and where we are going.

Who was the environmental commentator that said, "where cities go, deserts follow", as that's where we are at?!
 
Thanks, tyger for giving me some good laughs re: American military UFO disclosure/whistleblowers. I think you've got that nailed down.
@Burnt State What do you think is the benefit to the government of keeping the narrative alive and kicking? In such an exotic way like with the tic-tac story. I can't come up with a reasonable reason. When I see a 'whistleblower' suddenly emerging my spidey senses prick up - something is coming of real import that will go under the radar in the glamour of the ufo whistleblower's story. I think I've seen evidence of that taking place but - of course - pure speculation on my part.
 
The UFO meme has been used across time as a means for the many three letter agencies to communicate different bits of subterfuge and to gobble up info for their own purposes. It's all spycraft spook stuff.

This latest barrage of extremely public discussion around ultra materials and encounters with supposedly very advanced off world technology seems to be more cold war shenanigans than anything else.

And perhaps some psyops military experiments leak out too far into the public, and now they have to make up stories and narratives that will suit them thanks to social media and the age of instant publication, unlike the Bentwaters case that could be safely presented as nothing but some weird stories from some baffled soldiers.

But I'm just guessing here - who knows what schemes the movers and shakers are cooking up in the background? I always assume that most of this stuff is to signal loudly to Russia and China.i also think that a lot of the current paranormal media popularity is there to help keep the masses amused and distracted while their tax dollars get used to keep the wealthy and powerful more wealthy.and powerful.
 
Now at the same time I would also like to reserve the option of genuine recordings of exotic technology doing what they do best - demonstrate their technological superiority! They've been doing that since the 50's flying fleets of craft in the skies over sensitive areas and cities in broad daylight. That starts to get into Vallee's thermostat control theory and ascribes an intentionality to an organized external civilization functioning outside of us. And I find it a little difficult to validate those concepts, but it certainly is what it looks like, doesn't it?
 
This latest barrage of extremely public discussion around ultra materials and encounters with supposedly very advanced off world technology seems to be more cold war shenanigans than anything else.

I always assume that most of this stuff is to signal loudly to Russia and China.
I don't know about Russia, but I've been following China fairly closely in recent years and it's in pretty dire straits. It nonpluses me that China continues to be referenced as a major threat. It's wildly dysfunctional as far as I can see. Hard to see it rising from the ashes without US investment like in the olden days. Its decades of out-and-out lying and 'playing pretend' have finally started to catch up to it. IMO.

BTW A tad off-thread - what hasn't been - but what do you make of Elon and Mars. I stand in awe of Elon. Really like the guy. Genius, beyond my pay-grade - BUT ... should I start another thread? Are you up for a conversation about Mars and Elon's ambitions? I've got some stuff ....
 
Now at the same time I would also like to reserve the option of genuine recordings of exotic technology doing what they do best - demonstrate their technological superiority! They've been doing that since the 50's flying fleets of craft in the skies over sensitive areas and cities in broad daylight. That starts to get into Vallee's thermostat control theory and ascribes an intentionality to an organized external civilization functioning outside of us. And I find it a little difficult to validate those concepts, but it certainly is what it looks like, doesn't it?
We're hijacking the thread but .... this is interesting. I have tons of questions. Feels like it should be a new thread - what say you?
 
We're hijacking the thread but .... this is interesting. I have tons of questions. Feels like it should be a new thread - what say you?
You could start new threads for both if you like. However, I'm not a big fan of Elon's goofiness in govt nor his pro natalism approach. The whole mars ambition is interesting. I understand the motivation to bring the human race off planet, but I doubt our capacity for space travel in general. We basically pollute space the way we pollute our planet, and our bodies don't seem to do well outside of gravity. But I'd still like to see your stuff!

I'm always interested in good UFO talk. I find the theatricality of it all to be quite fascinating, even though it always feels like clandestine scenes in the woods from Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dead.

1764650322299.jpeg
 
You could start new threads for both if you like. However, I'm not a big fan of Elon's goofiness in govt nor his pro natalism approach. The whole mars ambition is interesting. I understand the motivation to bring the human race off planet, but I doubt our capacity for space travel in general. We basically pollute space the way we pollute our planet, and our bodies don't seem to do well outside of gravity. But I'd still like to see your stuff!

I'm always interested in good UFO talk. I find the theatricality of it all to be quite fascinating, even though it always feels like clandestine scenes in the woods from Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dead.
Okie-dokie. Was kinda hoping you'd start the threads, but I'll do it - maybe tomorrow. Makes sense since I've expressed the interest.

I have to have a conversation with myself :rolleyes: about limiting my time on the forum. It can get so addictive. And I'm always so eager to see the responses. :) Anyway, will do the threads tomorrow. 👍
 
@Burnt State I know, I've not started the new thread - but just to say, I've always wondered about Elon Musk's statements about it - and he says he hasn't seen any evidence of aliens. He would know.

 
Back
Top