• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Citizen Hearing on Disclosure Thread

What I feared. Far too many people in Congress are thoroughly wacky, and you wonder how they got elected in the first place. Or maybe they now bear the "ex" title because their constituents woke up. :)

Did you watch it tonight? They actually spoke about the media , and most of the ret congress took a lot offence from the media's take of the whole situation, they pointed out the fabrications in the article and addressed them, they also remarked that it was a very obvious attempt to try and discredit everyone in various ways and reasons. Everyone can believe what they want on the whole idea, but no point in agreeing with a media point of view in which you agree is is flawed.

But you can see the problem. The media will seize on the eccentrics and focus on them, even if 95% of the speakers are serious, on the level, and well informed about the subject. But the former congressional figures are also suspect, and it may work against Bassett's motives, even if they are pure and wholesome and all that.

But you can see the problem. The media will seize on the eccentrics and focus on them, even if 95% of the speakers are serious, on the level, and well informed about the subject. But the former congressional figures are also suspect, and it may work against Bassett's motives, even if they are pure and wholesome and all that.
Yes I can see the problem, but I think that is something you have to except and move on from, if you want to move forward, there will always be obstacles and barriers of some sort, its just a case and a part of the journey.
That's what the media do anyway, is it not, why would they change now? Give them the Pope, Mother Teresa and Granny Brown (she was a saint to me) they will always find something to get their hooks in to, Id prefer to see the positives in their work in this project rather than worry what the media will do.

Basically you can call everyone on something, you can tar everyone with the brush, If that's you agenda of course. Is there anyone out there who is bullet proof in this area, and as for politicians id guess to say even less so. Im not saying the media are right, but if you believe in any media based negativity in UFO's, surly this would be a prime target.

After reading this article, I just had to re-post this here, seems the congressman they've gotten to attend are some of the biggest whackos ever to grace the face of US politics, who would've thought that the politicians associating with the likes of Basset and Greer would be bat**** insane?

Historic Meeting of Lunatics
“Merrill has taken up permanent residence in whacko land,” Cook’s chief of staff Janet Jenson wrote in an intra-office e-mail in 2000.​
The hearing panel will be headlined by former congressman Merrill Cook (R – Utah) who was once banned from his own party’s offices after a profanity-laced tirade and was famously plagued during his few years in Congress by reports of erratic behavior leveled by his own staff. “Merrill has taken up permanent residence in whacko land,” Cook’s chief of staff Janet Jenson wrote in an intra-office e-mail in 2000. ”If he asks you to fax his underwear to the speaker’s office, please just do it.”
lol.png

Former congressman Roscoe Bartlett believes Sun Myoung Moon is the Messiah and that there is a government conspiracy to cover-up UFOs.
Joining Cook will be former congressman Roscoe Bartlett (R – Maryland). The 86 year-old raised eyebrows in 2004 when he attended a Unification Church event to receive the “Ambassador of Peace medal” from cult leader Sun Myung Moon who, afterwards, declared himself the Messiah and his wife the Assistant Messiah as Bartlett watched in delight (enjoy this video of Bartlett groveling in front of Moon).
The crazy train doesn’t stop there. Also appearing is former congresswoman Cheeks Kilpatrick (D- Michigan) who embarrassingly failed to receive her own party’s re-nomination in 2010 owing, in part, to her connections with her son, the disgraced former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick (who is facing up to 30 years in prison after being convicted of 24 federal crimes involving stripper parties at the mayoral mansion, funneling city funds to his wife, tax evasion, mail fraud, assaulting police officers, and more). Since losing her job in Congress, Cheeks is, reportedly, in a financial mess. In a failed attempt to spring her son from jail, she even tried to put her house up as bail collateral.
2081069697_0316ca9eef.jpg

Since losing his Senate seat in 1980, Mike Gravel has made several comical – but fruitless – attempts to return to public life.
Rounding out this happy band of lunatics is former senator Mike Gravel (D- Alaska). Since his most recent bankruptcy, Gravel has pathetically taken to making public appearances for anyone who will buy him lunch – his previous engagements have included a conference sponsored by the holocaust denial website Barnes Review. (UFO conspiracies aren’t Gravel’s only angle. He’s also been working the 9/11 Truth circuit and several truther websites have accused him of absconding with donor funds.)
Not surprisingly, perhaps, these probably cash-strapped has-beens are each getting $20,000 to perform at the Paradigm Research “Citizen Hearing.” (Talk about overpaid – Gravel would have done it for a $50 gift certificate to the Flying J truck stop where the ’83 Datsun he’s living out of is parked.)

You said earlier that you hoped this work isn't just about tilting at windmills, but that is exactly what Bassett best resembles in his Quixotic rushes to the forefront. The other phrase that comes to mind for such endevours in futility, be they sincere or otherwise, is that this is all about dancing on the stage of god. Who is getting entertained here and just what is being perpetuated? Disclosure Part VI coming to a theatre near you....ho hum.

Leslie Kean's response on her FB page:

Leslie Kean: "No I wasn't invited. I don't support the premise upon which this is based. Already it has generated much ridicule in the media."

Leslie Kean: "The premise is that there are extraterrestrial beings in communication with earthlings (stated as a fact) and that the governments of the world know this and have been covering it up for decades. Such unprovable assumptions are counter productive when approaching government officials and scientists, and they invite ridicule by the media."

via ~ Leslie, were you... | Facebook

i have mixed feelings about Leslie Kean's response. i mean, would she have written her book without the original Disclosure Project National Press Club event? that event was also ridiculed on mainstream media.

The difference is that the people at the event in which she participated were carefully vetted. The are some extremists at the Bassett event, and he has told us in the past he wasn't interested in vetting them; I am still interested in talking to him about this further, however. And that doesn't mean the media still won't attack the former, of course. But they have less ammunition.

I have the same concerns- adding the likes of Greer and such. The media WILL focus on the eccentric, and the real meat of the subject will be pushed aside. Focus and coverage on Bentwaters? Lost to the 6 inch Greer Alien.

I really understand the reasons why Major Keyhoe, all those years ago, was afraid of getting involved with certain factions in UFO research. He wanted to keep things focused in a fairly narrow area, realizing that everyone would be made out to be kooks if he allowed too much in. Sure, there are areas of the UFO mystery that he wouldn't touch, but were nonetheless compelling and worth further exploration. But if the goal is convincing skeptics, and Congress that something real is going on, one has to be politically correct. That's a lesson that doesn't seem to have been considered in this current event.

excellent article by George Knapp.

"If you’ve ever wondered why Congress has avoided the subject of UFOs for 45 years, you can get a pretty good idea by observing reactions to the unofficial Citizens Disclosure Hearing underway this week at Washington’s National Press Club.

After covering UFO-related stories for 25 years now, I can’t count the number of times I’ve heard some UFO speaker or researcher demand that Congress hold formal hearings into the mystery, or that the president finally come clean about what the government really knows. As a disciple of the First Amendment and a believer in the right of the people to know what our government is up to, I am firmly behind the goals of the Disclosure Hearing — namely, the spilling of any and all UFO beans by our military and intelligence honchos.

But I am not holding my breath that the hearing, noble as its goal might be, will cause the flinty-hearted holders of our nation’s deepest, darkest secrets to suddenly spill their guts. Likewise, I am not waiting by the mailbox for my invitation to take a tour of Area 51 and maybe kick the tires on a couple of reverse-engineered spaceships.

Congress had the balls to hold not one, but two formal hearings into the UFO mystery back in the late ’60s, in part because of the considerable influence of a Michigan congressman named Gerald Ford (who went on to hold one or two higher offices in D.C.). But when the Air Force cancelled its pathetic excuse for a scientific study — Project Blue Book — back in 1969, it provided cover for every elected official, skeptical scientist and uninformed debunker who never really wanted to deal with the messy UFO mystery to begin with. On the surface, Washington has been ignoring UFOs ever since.

Yes, on the surface."

~ George Knapp: Stop the snark | Las Vegas CityLife

This USAF man Col. Richard French stated at the hearing that his primary job was to dis-inform and debunk UFOs. Saying it was things like swamp gas or "other" things that you normally hear.

Today's Insider video that was presented on CHD (interview by Richard Dolan) is already available on Vimeo:​
Due to the quality of recording, it could be that it was uploaded by someone from /or connected with/ CHD.​

Really interesting, you have to think that this man is not looking for attention or a payday, for obvious reasons.
I may burn in hell for this but doesn't he sound like the old man who 'likes' Chris Griffin? lol.

Chris is one of the videographers on those feeds.

Yup, saw Chris yesterday (or 2 days before) shortly on the camera stream when moderator decided to present technical team in the NPC room and translators inside their translation cabins. In that moment Chris appeared on the podium :)

Back