• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sparks, Part II - The Empire Strikes Back

musictomyears said:
What you say reminds me quite a bit of David Icke's interview with the Zulu shaman Credo Mutwa. I am not usually a big fan of Icke, but I think this interview is outstanding.

I'm with you about david Icke... he is so agressive when he speaks he makes you feel like you're and idiot for not knowing the truth. He has a "what rock have you been under" attitude. Hard to listen to, but he has some funny, outrageous stuff to say, which makes for great entertainment.

Tom and Music, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm glad you found it interesting.
Collecting data on the subject under discussion can be achieved by two methods. The first requires the purchase of the Chicago Assyrian Dictionary and access to pertinent Shumerian document transcripts, usually transliterated, or optical scans of the original cuneiform tablets. A good place to begin would be http://www.zalag.net/OTstudies/Links.htm. This site provides several valuable links to relevant academic resources. I suggest you begin with the Gilgamesh epic and lots of patience. I'm certain there must be many English texts of the epic available online. Just be sure to use an unabridged version.
(It's important to realize that these entities have appeared in many other mythologies throughout the centuries. Studying Persian and Arabic religious texts can yield valuable supplemental information. SInce I can't read Arabic or Farsi, I've had to depend entirely on translated works.)
An alternative approach would be to locate credible contemporary sources offering the information in condensed commentary form. Although he is not a credentialed scholar of ancient languages, Michael Mott has done quite a good job in this vein, as has Dr. Michael Heiser, who holds an impressive number of degrees in ancient semitic and non-semetic languages of the mideast. But please be careful, there are a lot of charlatans working this field. Zecharia Sitchin is one of the most notoriously unreliable.
As for there being a joke in my descriptions of the Gala, all I can say is that my wife has been regularly describing me as a pale, sexless creature for the past few years. She better watch her step, because if the Annointed Messiah Icke is right, that means I'm a reptillian and will have to eat her sooner or later.
Don't have a cow, Gene and David. When I say "eat," I mean as in lunch.

Mogwa, this is all very interesting, in particular since you laid out that similar kinds of creatures have been described throughout history. To study this subject, one would have to get into ancient languages and cultures - I can see your point.

So, what do you personally make of Credo Mutwa? Did you get a chance to watch the videos? (I had a brief look around on the net, but there doesn't seem to be a free video available). The interviews are lengthy, to say the least, but a lot of people seem to think that Mutwa sounds like a pretty honest guy. He talks a lot about ancient folklore, bizarre rituals, and links with royal blood lines that stretch around the globe. If anything, I thought he was a fascinating storyteller - and, I guess, "endearing" is the word. He has a web site:

Credo Mutwa Zulu Shaman

musictomyears said:
Mogwa, this is all very interesting, in particular since you laid out that similar kinds of creatures have been described throughout history. To study this subject, one would have to get into ancient languages and cultures - I can see your point.

So, what do you personally make of Credo Mutwa? Did you get a chance to watch the videos? (I had a brief look around on the net, but there doesn't seem to be a free video available). The interviews are lengthy, to say the least, but a lot of people seem to think that Mutwa sounds like a pretty honest guy. He talks a lot about ancient folklore, bizarre rituals, and links with royal blood lines that stretch around the globe. If anything, I thought he was a fascinating storyteller - and, I guess, "endearing" is the word. He has a web site:

Credo Mutwa Zulu Shaman

I've seen the Mutwa interview and found the information he provides on the African experience with the Chitauri (aka Chitauli) worth further study. I hope his association with Icke won't discourage researchers with better credentials than mine from investigating the issue.
Mutwa does appear to be a charasmatic figure, but he has come under fire for misrepresenting (lying) about the value and provenance of some "priceless" historical artifacts he owned that were supposedly destroyed in a fire. I have no way of proving or disproving those allegations.

I don't really think we can take what Mutwa says as anything more valuable than what it is- the oral tradition of the Zulu. As to his own personal experiences, well I hate to bring it up again but he's a shaman, that means he's probably engaged in ritual use of hallucinogenic compounds, a serious blow against his tale's authenticity. Even dismissing that for a moment, his accounts are little more than colourful anecdotes, lacking any real evidence beyond the coincidental appearance of his artiefacts and conventional ufological mythologies.

Gene Steinberg said:
Except for Sylvia Browne, of course.

Gene, I met Sylvia Browne at a book signing once (yes, I know. Go ahead and laugh...I was with my wife, okay? Will that excuse work here?)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she isn't psychic. In my minds eye, while staring at her, I was thinking some pretty nasty things. It had a lot to do with plastic surgery, cheap make-up, and the ill effects of years and years of smoking...

She still signed my book with a smile. :eek:

tomlevine1 said:
Gene, I met Sylvia Browne at a book signing once (yes, I know. Go ahead and laugh...I was with my wife, okay? Will that excuse work here?)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she isn't psychic. In my minds eye, while staring at her, I was thinking some pretty nasty things. It had a lot to do with plastic surgery, cheap make-up, and the ill effects of years and years of smoking...

She still signed my book with a smile. :eek:

Your book, or your wife's? She's smiling all the way to the bank.

I've encountered Ms. Browne only once, on a television talk show. I beleive it was Montel Williams. During her interview there was a "reading session" of the audience. In a flash of miraculous paranormal insight, Ms. Browne informed a thrilled woman that one of her ancestors had been a Wiccan burned at the stake during the Salem witch trials. That must have come as quite a shock to anyone who can actually read in this reality. None of the tragic victims of the Salem persecutions were burned, every one of then sentenced to death was hung from the gallows.
Sylvia should have paid more attention in history class.

Mogwa said:
I've encountered Ms. Browne only once, on a television talk show. I beleive it was Montel Williams. During her interview there was a "reading session" of the audience. In a flash of miraculous paranormal insight, Ms. Browne informed a thrilled woman that one of her ancestors had been a Wiccan burned at the stake during the Salem witch trials. That must have come as quite a shock to anyone who can actually read in this reality. None of the tragic victims of the Salem persecutions were burned, every one of then sentenced to death was hung from the gallows.
Sylvia should have paid more attention in history class.

She could have, at least, read "The Crucible".

I like that one episode of Montel, where Sylvia tells the greaving parents that their missing child is dead, and they need to move on...

I doubt I need to tell any of you, how THAT story turned out :eek:

tomlevine1 said:
She could have, at least, read "The Crucible".

I like that one episode of Montel, where Sylvia tells the greaving parents that their missing child is dead, and they need to move on...

I doubt I need to tell any of you, how THAT story turned out :eek:

She was *dead* wrong, har har.

Mogwa said:
every one of then sentenced to death was hung from the gallows.

Not true, I've been to the Salem Witch Museum. While it is true none were burned, many died by means other than hanging. I distinctly recall being crushed by rocks and drowining as two of the alternate "tests" used to determine which witch was which!

CapnG said:
Not true, I've been to the Salem Witch Museum. While it is true none were burned, many died by means other than hanging. I distinctly recall being crushed by rocks and drowining as two of the alternate "tests" used to determine which witch was which!

It would seem that between you and A.LeClair, the puns are flyin' on this thread...

HA. HA. HA. Perry Punny! :p

Egad... I've dredged something up from my childhood memories... a poem/tongue twister from some show.. possibly even Sesame Street... it went something like:

"Which of these witches is whistling a waltz and which of these witches is not? Whichever witch is the witch whistling the waltz, the others have surely forgot!"

CapnG said:
Egad... I've dredged something up from my childhood memories... a poem/tongue twister from some show.. possibly even Sesame Street... it went something like:

"Which of these witches is whistling a waltz and which of these witches is not? Whichever witch is the witch whistling the waltz, the others have surely forgot!"
LOL That's good! :p

Poor thread...I already forgot what we were talking about.

CapnG said:

True enough. But if you noticed, what I said that all those who were sentenced to death were hung. Dunking and pressing were forms of trial by ordeal and part of the court's inquisitional process, not executions.

Back