• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 6, 2015 — Walter Bosley with Goggs Mackay

Free episodes:

Walter what's your thoughts on those 'ongoing missing' and sounds like a Keel type events are ongoing more investigations on the patterns as it looks like the area is expanding and moving into urban areas as well. Some folks might suggest a type of genetic stealing or DNA searching for something? Is it traditional human trafficking and are all the bodies organs intact when found a great interview would be Walter and Mr Paulides with Gene and Chris? Is it some mad scientist group funding organized crime, off wold civilization harvesting or submerged force not alien more earth based? Does this relate to the great research Dr Farrell work?

I am very intrigued with the "missing people" cases. I have considered a few options because it's hard to pin it down to one thing. Recently I heard Paulides comment that it's pointless for him to reveal what he thinks at any given time and I totally see his position on that. He's right: the minute he says "It is this", twelve boy-men will emerge (probably in a forum, lol) and attack.

Practicality suggests something less dramatic than most of us (including myself) would like to think, but after all the likely mundane cases are eliminated and you're left with that number which still baffle then I would proceed in an ascending order: from something like trafficking on up the weirdness scale to interdimensional passage at the other extreme. (Now here comes the guy who will say 'Bosley thinks it's interdimensional!'). That's for the missing.

For the dead ones who are found, your guess is as good as mine. It could be a serial killer situation about which the assigned police agency is not revealing everything (for very good reasons). It could be some as yet unidentified medical situation/condition that occurs. Beyond those is for you to explore. These "missing" cases are not my focus so I assume there is a LOT I do NOT know about them. Which is why I don't think Paulides would find it useful to be on when I'm on as I doubt he's much interested in my input. :)

There is one major correlation between my research and Paulides' research. He's not interested. Honestly, his work is his, so if he feels others injecting their data into his would muddy the waters, that's his right as an investigator. I get that.

Being that there are multiple theories to various phenomena such as ghosts/hauntings, the origin of our various visitors & unidentified craft, the cattle mutilation mystery and more I see no reason why the same considerations can't be given to unexplained disappearances.

I did have a thought the other day about Paulides latest project which focusus on urban initial dissapearances and the subsequent deaths of those young college men found dead in bodies of water. I haven't studied or read a lot about these cases which are lumped under the "smiley faced killer" cases but my understanding is that some victims were found in bodies of water where even a small rodent probably couldn't have drowned, there was little to no evidence of water in the lungs(so it wasn't drowning) plus the smiley face part was over emphasized in that this face appeared in only a couple of cases...i could be wrong about that...but i brought up a thought although probably subjective, and that was this: the smiley face might mean nothing to these cases given their ubiquitousness in our society. it could be simply a coincidence and they may have already been there . When i thought of this i thought that this could put the cases back into the "paranormal" realm as no one would ever dare suggest or consider that any high strange source would take the time to leave a smiley face at the scene of their crime, but if they were already there you can't really rule high strange sources out either

and it could also be a copycat killer having heard about the first killing...possibly high strange..decided to up the ante...maybe even including a smiley face...and it could be a bunch of guys that went too far and didn't know their body's limit.

Last edited:
Being that there are multiple theories to various phenomena such as ghosts/hauntings, the origin of our various visitors & unidentified craft, the cattle mutilation mystery and more I see no reason why the same considerations can't be given to unexplained disappearances.

That's a fair point Wade. I find the accounts when listening to David Paulides very eerie indeed

Is there a reason why David Paulides has not been on the Paracast as a guest yet?

Didn't Gene mention something on that some time ago?

I look forward to listening to that show. Paulides' work is some of the most important stuff going on in the alternative research world -- and it shouldn't be considered alternative. The experience he's had with the parks service is deplorable and reflects amateurish thuggery in attitude on the part of whoever's running the show at the top there. Regardless what way out theories we can come up with, there remain people missing from the parks. That the Parks service reps are such a-holes where the data is concerned is unacceptable but they get away with it. This does nothing but force people to go to the high strangeness possibilities for lack of essential further data -- not to eliminate the weird because certainly numerous cases Paulides presents in his mutliple volumes ARE weird. Read his books. Some say they get the point after one, but if you're really into this subject, read all of them. I place Paulides' work on this as among the top three items in the alternative community.

I look forward to listening to that show. Paulides' work is some of the most important stuff going on in the alternative research world -- and it shouldn't be considered alternative. The experience he's had with the parks service is deplorable and reflects amateurish thuggery in attitude on the part of whoever's running the show at the top there. Regardless what way out theories we can come up with, there remain people missing from the parks. That the Parks service reps are such a-holes where the data is concerned is unacceptable but they get away with it. This does nothing but force people to go to the high strangeness possibilities for lack of essential further data -- not to eliminate the weird because certainly numerous cases Paulides presents in his mutliple volumes ARE weird. Read his books. Some say they get the point after one, but if you're really into this subject, read all of them. I place Paulides' work on this as among the top three items in the alternative community.

Agreed. I heard him speak on another show and picked up his books: his work is thorough and impressive. And the response of the Parks Service is, as you say, thuggish.

Best,

Brian

Agreed. I heard him speak on another show and picked up his books: his work is thorough and impressive. And the response of the Parks Service is, as you say, thuggish.

Best,

Brian
It's wonderful that you and Walter have found common ground but I think it's worth pointing out that tune you two were dancing to last page, as it's an important meme of paranormal discourse.

From the outset it should be known I look forward to every appearance of Walter on Radio Misterioso; his comments as the man in the background of RM, as well as shows that feature him are always a learning experience. Alternative examinations of reality are a necessity in society. Without revisionist history life would be pretty sad as the narratives about ourselves, as we know them, are mostly lies, especially the lies concerned with what a "normal" person is. As approved by the PTB, the lies of race, gender, ability, sexuality, class, consumerism etc. have been more than problematic. What are truths? Who deserves to have the power and frame the story? Most of the world still lives under censoring information blackouts or class-based, Gaia-hating consumer fantasies.
funny-pictures-auto-star-trek-life-389290.jpeg

I don't agree with a number of Walter's research interpretations, but I also know that the way must be tried. But I don't think it's baiting to call someone else's belief an illusion, after all, it's my illusion and why should my belief over such things require torpedoes from anyone, especially when the things we are calling beliefs are so very much still open to interpretation? The best response to, say, sectarian religious differences, is to just smile and go on with your business in a peaceful manner and not browbeat your opponent into the dust.

I understand what Brians238 was arguing for, and ultimately if the paranormal & UFO thing is to have a resolution there must be both an acceptance of absurdist approaches to these conundrums and the necessity of using the repeatable methods of scientific processes to arrive at truths that we can confirm for each other. I thought you brought up some critical points. I appreciate Walter's need to lighten up and look obliquely at doctrine. (I'm not saying anyone here is absurd in any way - just referencing the high-strange UFO thing.)

Finally, with all due respect to posters above, whose comments i think are pretty bang on all the time, I think that Paulides is full of it and is a fear mongering voice in society that is counterproductive to how we must consider the significance of missing people. Inventing paranormal narratives for violent ends stirs up a quality of thinking in society that propagates myths no more valuable than Jacobs' fear mongering of the populace about his imminet hybrid alien takeover that, last I checked, is still traveling in slow motion. Here in Canada we have the Highway of Tears where the numbers of missing Aboriginal women, and the slack approach to investigating these murders and disappearances speak directly to society's racist indifference. I don't think Paulides' work has any merit whatsoever, but that's just what I believe. Now watch as I do my usual appeal approach to dialogue...
o-HIGHWAY-OF-TEARS-facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely put, Burnt State. I agree with almost everything you said here. My point re Paulides is that I think he has been thorough in his research and documentation. However, I also believe that speculation as to the causes of such disappearances needs to be grounded in a rigorous framework. Paranormal explanations are frequently the result of either missing data or a failure of imagination.

My silly beef was that we had covered the science-nod earlier, at which point I had admitted that my position is that likely a pre-Apollo 11 landing on the Moon would have been by Apollo 10 OR by a classified mission aboard another rocket, all launches of which would absolutely have been known of by the public. This is also why I have long proposed that my position on classified manned space programs by the USAF would have used launches of vehicles not hidden from the public, using classified payload pods (which DO exist) that -- theoretically -- would actually be in such cases life-support pods. Any potential complications which life-support technology would pose to blow mission cover would certainly have been worked out by engineers smart enough to even put people into space. And even if transmissions can't be completely masked from "HAM operators in New Zealand", we do have the mystery of radio transmissions that broadcast numbers etc. Maybe transmissions between ground control and classified manned missions have been out there all along but not recognized as such because everyone assumes we would always know when people go up?

My personal thought is that communications between USAF ground control and classified manned crews would be a bit too sophisticated these days for HAM guys to pick up, but you get my point. Yeah, this IS speculation -- but that's what I do here, lol.

The bottom line on my pre-Apollo 11 landing theory is that it's a gut feeling filtered through my experience with operational thinking. It's a position that I'm willing to take personally -- but, as most of you know, I try to avoid 'evangelizing', lol.

And, as I said before, the other problem was the COFFEE had not kicked in when I popped into the thread. Big mistake. :)

. I don't think Paulides' work has any merit whatsoever, but that's just what I believe. Now watch as I do my usual appeal approach to dialogue...

In what way? Do you think David is cherry picking some cases or embellishes (or lying) the apparent stone walling of the park service when it comes to record keeping or getting reports or asking for money for providing such?

In what way? Do you think David is cherry picking some cases or embellishes (or lying) the apparent stone walling of the park service when it comes to record keeping or getting reports or asking for money for providing such?
I have never been convinced by any of the lengthy podcasts where I have heard him speak in detail to his claims. The Parks Services sound like they are underfunded and it's none of his business and they're trying to present the parks as viable tourist destinations. Not one case he cited was paranormal so much as he turned absence of evidence, and a lack of understanding or knowing what happened, into his own paranormal yarn. High profile cases such as Elisa Lam and Todd Sees speak directly to how drug usage can be a very dangerous reality, but because of all the weirdness surrounding their sad deaths many made a paranormal leap when much more mundane realities makes much more sense than inventing a non-human boogeyman. I think Paulides' work is about creating stories that do not exist in reality. There's an exploitational flavor there I find to be quite distasteful. Many conspiracy theories leave me cold.

Last edited:
I have never been convinced by any of the lengthy podcasts where I have heard him speak in detail to his claims. The Parks Services sound like they are underfunded and it's none of his business and they're trying to present the parks as viable tourist destinations. Not one case he cited was paranormal so much as he turned absence of evidence, and a lack of understanding or knowing what happened, into his own paranormal yarn. High profile cases such as Elisa Lam and Todd Sees speak directly to how drug usage can be a very dangerous reality, but because of all the weirdness surrounding their sad deaths many made a paranormal leap when much more mundane realities makes much more sense than inventing a non-human boogeyman. I think Paulides' work is about creating stories that do not exist in reality. There's an exploitational flavor there I find to be quite distasteful. Many conspiracy theories leave me cold.
I agree 're Elisa Lam and the vast majority of what I've heard from Mr Paulides leaves me underwhelmed.However there are one or two cases that do appear quite strange (going off Paulides interpretation)To be fair I've not read the books I've just heard several interviews but he does seem to sensationalize some mundane aspects.

Burnt,
Disagree unless you been investigating like Mr Paulides doing the leg work you grasping at straws and like mention before human trafficking is plausible and yes accidents. Yes he holding back that's what good investigators do don't show all the cards.

I am personally very interested in Paulides work into missing people. I think a few of the cases really have some odd set of circumstances surrounding them, so I think the whole endeavor deserves more inquiry. I am also happy he was able to successfully crowdfund his documentary based on this books. I look forward to seeing this.

I brought up his work on another site, unrelated to the paranormal, and people reacted to it positively. However, one person pointed out a very negative review on David's Amazon page by someone who also claims to have investigated many of these cases, or is at least familiar with the details. He claims that Paulides sensationalizes many aspects and only reports the parts that bolster the strangeness. Since this particular review was so detailed and personal, Paulides actually responded to it and the two of them got into a bit of a back and forth.

Amazon.com: Robert's review of Missing 411-Western United States & Canada...

Ultimately, I think Paulides is a genuine guy whose investigative and law enforcement background suggest to him something very strange is going on, I can't argue with him there. Many people try to discredit him because of his less than ceremonial exit from Law Enforcement, however, that does little to nullify the experience he obtained while in the field, which is very valuable when investigating cases like these

Just more food for thought.

Fair enough answer Burnt but I'm most so sure I would consider Elisa Lam a drug case yes she was bipolar and on medication and her death needn't necessarily be high strange but I have to wonder why the lapd didn't consider it a homicide or suspicious at any rate. One could probably come up with all sorts of valid rational explanations about the elevator and her getting past the alarms and locked door on the roof BUT there is a lot to answer for on how the slight young lady managed to move the very heavy cover of a water tank climb/jump inside then manage to replace the lid while inside before she commenced to accidently drown herself. I suppose if the tank was quite full and she was sort of swimming she could have replaced it but boy would that take a fair amount of strength in her as she would have had no leverage to do so, i don't even think the police really believe it but it was ruled accidental death due to drowning, likely because they had absolutely nothing to go on...as far as suspects...but in theory a hotel full of people (potential suspects) in which to question. Someone strong enough to carry the victim up a ladder move the tank cover and replace it and make a clean get away.

I wouldn't necessarily call it paranormal per say but I sometimes wonder if there isn't some kind of primordial cognitive dissonance that doesn't occur in some people when out in the wilderness. I've brought this issue up before having been influenced by an article by Patrick Harper called Landscape of Panic.

I'm struck by the case of Mike Herdman who while backpacking with his buddy who upon finding his dog went missing went chasing after him barefooted in the sespe wilderness in Los Padres NF Firefighter Body's Found in 'Rugged Cliff Area' Two Weeks After He Disappeared

I remember when this story first broke and it was mentioned he was last seen by his buddy running off barefooted after his dog I knew what the outcome would be, a chronicle of a death foretold. Eventually he was found and there was this detail

"...Searchers had ruled out looking in that area on foot because it seemed unlikely Herdman would have ventured that far up in elevation, Dean said.

"What are the chances that someone at night in bare feet and shorts would scale a 1,200-foot mountain?" Dean said. "The likelihood just wasn’t that high, so the search was focused in areas that there was a higher likelihood that he might be located..."

"What are the chances" well pretty highly likely it would seem as this aspect gets mentioned time and time again , yet rescue parties never seem to give the missing people their due as far as their ability, be it firefighters like Mike or infants, one would think that by now search parties would reevaluate their search protocols

Last edited:
Back