• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Jacques Vallee Interview:

Again, the assumption presented is that the ETH = ET have visited the earth and abducted people to experiment on them. That assumption/hypothesis may be false i.e. ET may not be visiting the Earth to experiment on humans. However, this does not mean UFOs/UAP are not of ET origin.

Again, the idea that humanoid aliens have been visiting the earth to abduct and experiment on humans may be false. However, this does not mean the ETH is false.

As I understand it, the ETH is simply that UAP are ET in origin.
Unfortunately, that's not what I would describe the popular version of the ETH to be. Most of the discussion is rooted in soil sampling, pilots of advanced craft who like to abduct and probe & hybridize humans. That's how we anthropomorphize tbe phenomena. Instead we should be looking with more open and imaginative minds for answers, and probably closer to home imho. But in the meantime we should also be monitoring the cults of belief we have created and their dangerous social effects.

Last edited:
Problematic in “Science, Religion, and Consciousness” is part of the model is inaccurate, in respect to exotic theories. Since written, Renate Loll of PI has pretty much dispelled the wormhole theory, and Vallee during his last TEDX appearance has suggested that the concept of dimensions be abandoned, as to be considered a cultural artifact. Most other following theories have seemingly lost traction as sub-atomic science becomes more accurate. Looking forward, Lee Smolin accompanied by Roberto Unger have proposed a testable theory were by the physical properties of matter may differ in areas of the unknown universe. Of the outer most chance, if this theory were to be proven as correct, may possibly pave a new avenue for UAP/UFO exploration.

Vallee’s research and impressions travel through many disciplines of academia. In following his passion, he not only has placed himself in the crosshairs of those of the ETH persuasion, but of the rigid standards of testable science. In appreciating his thoughts carefully, some may be left with the feeling that their existence may be much different than once thought, as time, space, and matter are viewed in an entirely different light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent article. I'd love to read a longer article/book on this approach.

I'm not suggesting we're in a zoo per se, just thinking out loud.

Great article. Thanks for sharing.
I think we are a zoo of a primitive and hostile race,LOLOLOL.

Very good article.
Thanks to pointing it to us. It will take me time to read it properly and understand it well. He is talking about the stuff I thought he was hiding.
I was reading Vallee on a chronological order. I guess I will keep my "mouth" shut until I finish it all. It will take forever, as my life is full to the brim.
I love to read your thoughts because they make my work much easier.
Thanks guys!

Problematic in “Science, Religion, and Consciousness” is part of the model is inaccurate, in respect to exotic theories. Since written, Renate Loll of PI has pretty much dispelled the wormhole theory, and Vallee during his last TEDX appearance has suggested that the concept of dimensions be abandoned, as to be considered as a cultural artifact. Most other following theories have seemingly lost traction as sub-atomic science becomes more accurate. Looking forward, Lee Smolin accompanied by Roberto Unger have proposed a testable theory were by the physical properties of matter may differ in areas of the unknown universe. Of the outer most chance, if this theory were to be proven as correct, may possibly pave a new avenue for UAP/UFO exploration.

Vallee’s research and impressions travel through many disciplines of academia. In following his passion, he not only has placed himself in the crosshairs of those of the ETH persuasion, but of the rigid standards of testable science. In appreciating his thoughts carefully, some may be left with the feeling that their existence may be much different than once thought, as time, space, and matter are viewed in an entirely different light.

I came across this page in a search. The first half is authored by Vallee; I don't know the author of the second half. It seems to cover many of the bases of speculations in this thread so I thought I'd link it.

Extract:

"Tom, who had been a witch for five years and hadn't raised his hand when asked for contactee testimony, said that the Higher Intelligences are imbedded in our language and numbers, as the Cabalists think, and have no other kind of existence. He added that every time he tried to explain this he saw that people thought he was going schizophrenic and he began to fear that they might be right, so he preferred not to talk about it at all. Tom-who is a computer programmer by profession, a witch only by religion-later added a bit to this, saying that all that exists is information and coding; we only imagine we have bodies and live in space-time dimensions.

Doctor Vallee listened to all this with a bland smile, and did not seem to regard any of us as mad.

(A few days later, in discussion with the former Vacaville prison psychologist, Dr. Wesley Hiler, I asked him what he really thought of Dr. Leary's extraterrestrial contacts. Specifically, since he didn't regard Leary as crazy or hallucinating, what was happening when Leary thought he was receiving extraterrestrial communications?

"Every man and woman who reaches the higher levels of spiritual and intellectual development," Dr. Hiler said calmly, "feels the presence of a Higher Intelligence. Our theories are all unproven. Socrates called it his daemon. Others call it gods or angels. Leary calls it extraterrestrial. Maybe it's just another part of our brain, a part we usually don't use. Who knows?")

Since everybody in the room at this point had either had the required experience, or was willing to speculate about it and study it objectively rather than merely banishing it with the label "hallucination," I went into my rap about the parallels between Leary and Wilhelm Reich.

"The attempt to destroy both Dr. Reich and Dr. Leary reached its most intense peak right after they reported their extraterrestrial contacts," I said. "I keep having very weird theories about what that means..."

Grady McMurty nodded vigorously.
"That's the $64,000 question," he said emphatically. "For years I've been asking Phylis and everybody else I know: why does the gnosis always get busted? Every single time the energy is raised and large-scale group illuminations are occurring, the local branch of the Inquisition kills it dead. Why, why, why?"​

So many possibilities, so little time. Or maybe not.

Vallee, Dr. Jacques

I came across this page in a search. The first half is authored by Vallee; I don't know the author of the second half. It seems to cover many of the bases of speculations in this thread so I thought I'd link it.

So many possibilities, so little time. Or maybe not.

Vallee, Dr. Jacques
Excellent read! Lots of thought provoking ideas. Thanks for sharing.

The concept of a "war in heaven" is fascinating on many levels; it pulls many different schools of thought together.

Vallee said:
Instead of looking at the screen, what I want to do is to turn around and look the other way. When we look the other way what we see is a little hole at the top of the wall with some light coming out. That's where I want to go. I want to steal the key to the projectionist's booth, and then, when everybody has gone home, I want to break in. And what you find there is a meta-system.
Very Truman Show-eque. Is our reality a faux reality - not in the "Matrix" sense (although we can't rule that out) but in the "reality show" sense?

Is something trying to tell us something!? Haha, so vague. I'm reminded of the scene in The Truman Show when the person bursts out of the christmas present in an effort to reveal to Truman that his life is a reality TV show. Truman is simply bewildered and can't make any sense out of what the man is saying. The man is quickly dragged "off stage." Hm...

RAW said:
Jacques said that the evidence emerging suggested to him that the UFOs weren't extraterrestrial at all, but that they seemed to be intelligent systems intent on convincing us they were extraterrestrial.

Indeed, even as our Dear Brother Terence McKenna hath said, "We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extraterrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." -B:.B
There is a school of thought that indeed these beings are (the Christian variety of) demons masquerading as aliens.

"The outstanding quality of UFO contactees," Jacques Vallee said at this point, "was incoherence. I now have grave reservations about all physical details they supply," he said.

"They are like people after an auto accident. All they know is that something very serious has happened to them." Only the fact that so many cases involve other witnesses, who see something in the sky before the "contactee" has his/her strange experience, justifies the assumption that what happens is more than "subjective."

"Largely," Doctor Vallee summarized, "they come out of it with a new perspective on humanity. A religious perspective, in general terms. But all the details are contradictory and confusing." He regarded green men, purple giant men, physical craft with windows in them, etc., as falling into the category psychologists call "substitute memory," always provided by the ingenious brain when the actual experience is too shocking to be classified.
This sounds a lot like a DMT experience. And of course, there are a lot of parallels between the entities encountered in DMT experiences and abductions/encounters with UHI (unidentified higher intelligences).

Discarnate Entities and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Psychopharmacology, phenomenology and ontology | David Luke - Academia.edu

via @smcder

But what really stands out to me is the fact that orthodox religions, occult practitioners, visionary plant experiencers, UAP abductees, and historical "scientists" all report interacting with UHI but none really know for sure what they are interacting with...

Last edited:
via @smcder

But what really stands out to me is the fact that orthodox religions, occult practitioners, visionary plant experiencers, UAP abductees, and historical "scientists" all report interacting with UHI but none really know for sure what they are interacting with...

These highly subjective experiences that contactees have are difficult to do much with. The descriptions are entirely fantastic, most likely substitute or invented memory that the brain conjures up due to chemistry or an unknown, unique, possibly external stimuli. What's significant to me in that list of different peoples having experiences with UHI is that there is no external proof of their physical existence - all that remains are the narrative descriptive details and the memory intensity that the witness may hold onto.

Consequently, the role of the belief system itself must be taken into place. Religious mystics will see god, or angels, or hear the voice of the devil tempt them. But are these not simply internal experiences that due to the nature of the individual's belief system appropriate imagery will be supplied courtesy of their pre-programmed or culturally front-loaded, ingenious brain? Perhaps there is no UHI whatsoever and they are alive only in the mind of the experiencer. Are there any core cases where witnesses share identical observations of UHI or are they not almost always an individual experience?

A few observations pointed out by Vallee:

Why is it that abductees describe the exterior of a craft in certain terms, and then when is describing the interior it appears as much larger?

Why it is that ET somewhat resembles that of a human fetus?

Why is it that abductees often describe what is known as hypnagogia during the onset of their abduction experience?

@Burnt State said: "Are there any core cases where witnesses share identical observations of UHI or are they not almost always an individual experience?"

I believe so. The case in Africa with the school girls comes to mind. However, some reported ESP communication with the being(s) and some did not.

In the case of visionary plants, multiple 1st time, naive users have reported encountering the same "entities" as well.

In the Vallee piece that @Constance linked as well, it's fascinating to learn that those "higher ups" in the occult community aren't even sure of the nature of the entities/energies they're interacting with. And it's the same with those in the visionary plant community.

In the article I linked to re DMT, it was revealed that the native South Americans felt that the "entities" were the spirits of their ancestors.

It could be argued that one thing all these schools of thought in which UHI are encountered have in common are altered states of consciousness.

The orthodox religions utilize prayer, meditation, and trance states; visionary plants = the use of powerful chemicals, and abductees are typically sleeping.

I don't know enough about the occult to know what state one might be in when conjuring a spirit. I believe it involves rituals and possibly trance states?

Similarly I don't know by what manner historical naturalists were able to conjure earth elementals.

And although anyone who has ever had an amazing dream realizes the power of the brain to create amazing characters and narratives, I'm not sure all the UHI experiences of which I've read can be explained as purely internal, subjective, psychological experiences. However, it is definitely a possibility that needs to be ruled out.

. . .
This sounds a lot like a DMT experience. And of course, there are a lot of parallels between the entities encountered in DMT experiences and abductions/encounters with UHI (unidentified higher intelligences).

Discarnate Entities and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Psychopharmacology, phenomenology and ontology | David Luke - Academia.edu

via @smcder

I somehow missed Steve's link to that paper and am very glad you've reposted it. It's an excellent overview of what DMT researchers have learned so far about the relatively coherent elements of DMT/Ayahuasca experiences and the daunting question of the 'ontology' of these experiences. I agree with your bolded statement above and its recognition that there are many avenues of human experience to explore before we can begin to understand what we call the para-normal.

On a first reading of the Luke paper, there seem to be at least two different categories of veridical information that have been received by experimenters under the influence of DMT and also LSD and Ayahuasca-type concoctions. The first category includes insight into, knowledge of, biochemical and genetic operations in nature. The second involves the psychic reception of information associated with 'crisis apparitions' as investigated by the SPR early in the 20th C. (i.e., paranormal knowledge of the state of significant others -- primarily the death of, but also the illness of them -- at vast geographical distances from those others. Many of these experiences are also precognitive rather than concurrent with the crisis. NDE research includes many cases in which the experiencer reports paranormal knowledge discovered during the NDE concerning the death of an individual known by the family but not known by the experiencer or his/her family to have died shortly before the NDE-er encounters him or her on 'the other side'.

Extracts from the Luke paper:

“. . . Under the influence of DMT the colours of this geometry tend to exceed what are usually perceived with the eyes, and were brighter, more intense, and deeper than those of normal awareness or dreams (Stassman, 2001,p. 147). The dimensions of the geometric patterns often surpass normal percepts too, and were consistently categorised as four-dimensional or beyond dimensionality at high doses (Stassman, personal communication, 6th October 2008), with similar reports occurring for ayahuasca (Luna, 2008), leading this author to question the supposed physiological origin of such visions (Luke, 2010b): the optic system seemingly belonging to only three dimensions. The DMT imagery also appears as iconic forms, often becoming incorporatedinto the aforementioned geometry in a somewhat ineffable manner, as best described by this DMT experient:

“At this point the glorious geometries transcended what is even vaguely feasible in this three-dimensional mundane [reality], constantly concrescing [sic] into new and varigated [sic] permutations, exfoliating out of themselves what might be called hyperspherologies of the divine, and to look anywhere was to be shot clean through with scintillating amazement. . . You have a sense of being swarmed by the whimsical mastermind art forms of an extremely eccentric Boolean contortionist, a diabolical merry go round of linguistic Rubik's cubes, 13th dimensional millipedes saying themselves to themselves as they make love, and impossible Gordian knots dancing the jitterbug at a lyrical lightspeed: a gelatinous ballet of endlessly self-juxtaposing pirouettes.” [Sfos, 2000]

Iconic images seen may take the form of tunnels, stairways, ducts (Strass-man, 2001); symbols and scripts; incredible landscapes and cities of alienworlds (Shanon, 2002), the inner workings of fantastic machines, computers ,internal organs and bodies; and, commonly, DNA double helices (Strassman,2001).
The anthropologist Narby (1998) also found DNA was a frequent feature in the ayahuasca visions of Amazonian shamans, but often 'represented' by two intertwined snakes. A possibly apocryphal and certainly controversial story told shortly after Francis Crick's death suggests that the geneticist was under the influence of LSD when he envisioned the double helix structure of DNA in 1953, for which he was jointly awarded the Nobel Prize (Rees, 2004). Prior to the Crick news report, Narby (2000) took three molecular biologists to Peru for their seminal trips up the Amazon and on ayahuasca. All three scientists received valuable information from their visions that helped inform their research, and which ultimately changed their worldview. For instance, the American biologist, who normally worked on deciphering the human genome, said she saw a chromosome from the perspective of a protein flying above a long strand of DNA (Narby, 2000, p. 302).

Similarly, the biochemist, Kary Mullis, who received the Nobel Prize for inventing the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)—making possible the human genome project and forensic DNA testing—had earlier said that taking LSD had been invaluable in helping him visualise sitting on a DNA molecule and watching the polymerase go by (Mullis, 1998). Clearly LSD is not the same as DMT, but as a psychedelic tryptamine it has some similar neurochemical properties and, in auspicious circumstances, both substances seem capable of inducing microscopic molecular visions, particularly of DNA. Whether such feats are due to the imagination or clairvoyance remains unclear, but support for the latter is abundant, albeit inconclusive.

DMT AND VERIDICAL VISIONS

When the harmala alkaloid now called harmine, the first psychoactive compound isolated from ayahuasca, was discovered by Zerda Báyon (1912) it was named telepathine. Zerda Báyon illustrated the psi-inducing power of telepathine with the case of Colonel Morales, who, after ingesting ayahuasca,beheld a vision of his dead father and his sick sister. About one month later he received the same news by messenger. It seems unlikely that the news could have arrived first by non-paranormal means, as the group was deep in the jungle 15 days' travel from the nearest communications outpost. Indeed, beholding visions of distant dead or dying relatives—who were not known at the time to be ill or dead—is an ayahuasca story that has emerged repeatedly in the writings of South American explorers during the last 150 years (for a brief review see Luke, 2010a).

Many more published accounts of such apparent ESP occur in Luna and White's (2000) anthology of classic ayahuasca experiences, as well as elsewhere(for summaries see Luke and Friedman, 2010; Shanon, 2002). Survey respondents also reported DMT and ayahuasca as inducers of spontaneous psi-type experiences, although these were more conspicuous with certain other psychedelics (Luke Kittenis, 2005). Nevertheless, the only two published experiments to attempt to test for psi under the infiuence of DMT, in this case ayahuasea (Don, McDonough, Warren Moura, 1996; Tinoco, 1994), both failed to elicit it, though this may well be due to the arduous and boring testing deployed. In one study the participant complained that experiencing the visions was far more interesting than testing for psi, and both studies lacked control conditions to compare against (for a review see Luke, 2008c).

PHENOMENOLGICAL CARTOGRAPHY OF THE DMT WORLD

Considering the phenomenology of the DMT experience several researchers have attempted to map the psychic topography of the DMT space. Meyer(1994), probably the first researcher to write specifically about DMT entities, characterized the deepening levels of the experience (somewhat like Lewis-Williams and Dowson's (1988) stages of altered states of consciousness) as:

Level I: Threshold experience; an interior flowing of energy/consciousness.
Level II: Vivid, brilliantly coloured, geometric visual patterns; geometries are basically two-dimensional but may pulse.
Transitional phase: Tunnel or breakthrough experience; passage through an entrance into another world.
Level III: Three- or higher-dimensional space, possible contact with entities; a sense of being in an 'objective' space and of meeting intelligent and communicating entities.
Level IV: The white light. The cognitive psychologist Shanon (2002, p. 293) has a similar, albeit more refined, system for the stages of the ayahuasca experience, framed around the predominant visual or visionary phenomena . . . (continue reading in the Luke pdf, pg. 33)”

I think the hyperdimensional geometry experienced with DMT, LSD, etc. might be another potentially veridical experience which suggests that somewhere in the collective unconscious we all carry knowledge of, or familiarity with, a dimension of existence beyond our own immediate embodied lives. The hyperdimensional geometry described above recalls a recent paper on quantum geometry, linked here.

link to come

Another intriguing aspect of the DMT experiences is the interactivity of the experiencer with the entities he/she encounters. These beings communicate with (us) as well as pour light into our bodies (see Luke). They seem to exist in a dimension of reality extended beyond our own yet are knowledgeable about life in our dimension, providing us with insight into key biological aspects of how we are structured and how we’ve evolved, and implicitly suggesting that we are part of a reality extending beyond the boundaries of our present biological lives.

Interesting as always Constance.

Thought provoking, but whether it is 'all in the mind' or not, a 'higher' intelligence or not, one day theres nothing surer than a human will stand face to face with an extraterrestrial entity, even if we have to go and find them ourselve's, time is the master, not distance imo.

I

Thought provoking, but whether it is 'all in the mind' or not, a 'higher' intelligence or not, one day theres nothing surer than a human will stand face to face with an extraterrestrial entity, even if we have to go and find them ourselve's, time is the master, not distance imo.

In the last six years I've read a great deal of the mediumship research from the SPR archives and a lot of the NDE literature as well, and in one or another (or perhaps in past-life and interlife regression research) I recall reading the report of an experiencer who reported seeing an extraterrestrial species of intelligent life on 'the other side'. I too think it's inevitable, either here or there, that we will have these encounters. Everything indeed might be "all in the mind," but what mind? It seems increasingly likely to me that individually and collectively we humans live in an outpost of a universally interconnected mind existing in more than one dimension of reality. There might be many 'higher intelligences' operating in different dimensions of being, and perhaps a single ultimate One behind everything. We have no way of knowing, from where we exist now. Was the universe/multiverse/cosmos created, or is it creative by virtue of the consciousness and intelligence ~~ mind ~~ that evolved out of a physical substrate and found itself continuing to exist beyond the conditions of life in innumerable planetary habitats. A big, bountiful, mind-blowing world from the sound of it in the DMT research.

Btw, after reading the Luke paper the experiences of the neuroscientist (Ethan something?) who came out of a severe coma and wrote a book about it do not sound quite so bizarre.

Note to @Soupie: Tononi has a bigger task ahead of him, from what we're reading here, if he is going to track down all of the integrated information that appears to be resident in consciousness, subconsciousness, and the unconscious of us humans. ;)

@Burnt State said: "Are there any core cases where witnesses share identical observations of UHI or are they not almost always an individual experience?"

I believe so. The case in Africa with the school girls comes to mind. However, some reported ESP communication with the being(s) and some did not.

In the case of visionary plants, multiple 1st time, naive users have reported encountering the same "entities" as well.

In the Vallee piece that @Constance linked as well, it's fascinating to learn that those "higher ups" in the occult community aren't even sure of the nature of the entities/energies they're interacting with. And it's the same with those in the visionary plant community.

In the article I linked to re DMT, it was revealed that the native South Americans felt that the "entities" were the spirits of their ancestors.

It could be argued that one thing all these schools of thought in which UHI are encountered have in common are altered states of consciousness.

The orthodox religions utilize prayer, meditation, and trance states; visionary plants = the use of powerful chemicals, and abductees are typically sleeping.

I don't know enough about the occult to know what state one might be in when conjuring a spirit. I believe it involves rituals and possibly trance states?

Similarly I don't know by what manner historical naturalists were able to conjure earth elementals.

And although anyone who has ever had an amazing dream realizes the power of the brain to create amazing characters and narratives, I'm not sure all the UHI experiences of which I've read can be explained as purely internal, subjective, psychological experiences. However, it is definitely a possibility that needs to be ruled out.

The three that stand out for me are Westall school kids in Australia, the thoroughly investigated Zimbabwe Ariel school one that Mack covered and the Kelly-Hopkinsville family invasion encounter. All three feature children as witnesses with identical drawings of UHI though in the last one Adults also confirmed these long eared entities. There's also the Father Gill incident but that one saw the UHI quite far away, and again features children witnesses. But that one could have been one of those air layer reflections of a boat, though not known definitively.

While many unique discoveries happen in the dreams and visions of scientists I find those experiences seem to be as internal as drug based hallucinations. The supposed experiences of UHI during occult/religious practices seems to fit best into the delusions of crowds category.

Many witnesses report communication via telepathy but that's as subjective as any contacter claim. But those other three cases certainly are strange just based on the many similar drawings alone.

Last edited:
Apparently free divers can be added to the list of UHI experiencers.

NARCOSE on Vimeo

Deep water freediving exposes its practitioners to a form of narcosis, which induces several symptoms, among which a feeling of euphoria and levity that earned this phenomenon its nickname of “raptures of the deep”. The short film relates the interior journey of Guillaume Néry, the apnea world champion, during one of his deep water dives. It draws its inspiration from his physical experience and the narrative of his hallucinations.

I loved the parts I read of the paper Discarnate Entities and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Psychopharmacology, phenomenology and ontology
I read the beginning and the end, but not about the visions because I am going to do Ayahuasca, and I don't want to have much knowledge of what can happen. It is legal here in Brazil, and I am finally brave enough to face it. I don't do drugs, so whatever happens will be Ayahuasca + my brain's fault. I am doing it primarily to compare with my lucid dreams and my possible OBE.
The most amazing fact about the OBE is that I felt hyperconscious. I can't explain it well, but my head was clear. I was not alone as I felt a presence giving me instructions in the beginning of the experience. My higher self? My mentor? Who knows? The OBE experts I asked told me they were sure I had an OBE, while I felt it was just another type of lucid dream. But it was different from a lucid dream, because I was not directing it, and the realm I was at was clear like our physical world. In lucid dreams there is a kind of electrical discharge around the edges of my vision field. In addition I can see where all the elements are coming from, and mostly are from my interactions from the previous day, which matches the hypothesis that dreams are our brain downloading all the input it received during the wake hours. On my regular dreams the environment seems real. However, my consciousness is low and foggy.
Now I wonder what kind of conscious state Ayahuasca will bring.

They will provide the bucket.
I do intend to report it all, but people have told me it takes a while to remember well what happened.
Anyway, I feel it will just add to my puzzlement, not solve it. But this is a place I want to go.:)

I loved the parts I read of the paper Discarnate Entities and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Psychopharmacology, phenomenology and ontology
I read the beginning and the end, but not about the visions because I am going to do Ayahuasca, and I don't want to have much knowledge of what can happen. It is legal here in Brazil, and I am finally brave enough to face it. I don't do drugs, so whatever happens will be Ayahuasca + my brain's fault. I am doing it primarily to compare with my lucid dreams and my possible OBE.
The most amazing fact about the OBE is that I felt hyperconscious. I can't explain it well, but my head was clear. I was not alone as I felt a presence giving me instructions in the beginning of the experience. My higher self? My mentor? Who knows? The OBE experts I asked told me they were sure I had an OBE, while I felt it was just another type of lucid dream. But it was different from a lucid dream, because I was not directing it, and the realm I was at was clear like our physical world. In lucid dreams there is a kind of electrical discharge around the edges of my vision field. In addition I can see where all the elements are coming from, and mostly are from my interactions from the previous day, which matches the hypothesis that dreams are our brain downloading all the input it received during the wake hours. On my regular dreams the environment seems real. However, my consciousness is low and foggy.
Now I wonder what kind of conscious state Ayahuasca will bring.

Good luck and be sure to be with safe people. I've never tried ayahuasca or anything else beyond marijuana, which was always wonderful, until I twice was given marijuana cut with other substances. Don't know what they were; one caused me to pass out, the other to become paranoid and anxious (the walls of the house seemed to disappear).

Re OBEs, I had one when I was 21 in the middle of the day while reading a Robert Penn Warren novel for my next class. My consciousness abruptly relocated to the corner of the room behind me, near the ceiling. I was surprised and marveled at this. Then my consciousness and vision moved along the wall, still near the ceiling, to a point directly behind where I (body) was still sitting at the desk across the room. At about that point another consciousness/voice stepped into my consciousness and contemplated the 'me' at the desk, observing verbally, in a casual and calm manner, that "She is in a mess." This voice was a she and I sensed that she was familiar with me (though I'd never encountered her before, or since*). She might have said more, but I don't remember it. The significance I received from the way she expressed herself was that in her opinion what was happening was no big deal. She might have left the location near the ceiling before me. Then I found myself (consciousness) back in my body, began to appreciate the strangeness of all this, packed up my books and sought out the university counselor's office. That was the only OBE I've ever experienced, but I have had other paranormal experiences whose nature was communicative/informative {I usually knew who was communicating with me} and in four cases involved the unmistakable sense of the presence of that consciousness in my body.

I look forward to hearing what you experience with ayahausca. Take care. :)

*One possible exception; she might have been the woman in an exotic garment who I saw step out from a possible seam in the air while I was arranging a quilt on my bed and in a state of immense grieving. The feeling I received from her momentary presence was reassuring and quite magical. .

Last edited:
Back