• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 18, 2010 - David Hatcher Childress

Interesting how Yahoo news posted the following headline story today...
SUBTERRANEAN LIVING MAY AWAIT MOON AND MARS COLONISTS

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0133f25f5715970b-800wi
Is this an access point to another world?

Before discounting David's off-hand show musings out of hand, I would suggest Paracasters read Extraterrestrial Archaeology which is a very thorough look at what we know about the moon. Using NASA's own data and photographs, plus Russian info, David looks at the evidence that suggests there has been or there is an on-going intelligent presence on the moon.

Any thoughts on the rest of the show? :)

Gentlemen: I hope you mean "Plato" not "Pluto"?! I do not recall the Disney Dog having written anything....But then again, maybe there is something to this idea....Channeling info on ancient civilizations thru the Disney Channel.....Sounds like a new series on Cable!!:D

Dale

Gentlemen: I hope you mean "Plato" not "Pluto"?! I do not recall the Disney Dog having written anything....But then again, maybe there is something to this idea....Channeling info on ancient civilizations thru the Disney Channel.....Sounds like a new series on Cable!!:D

Dale

Should always review what you post thanks

Interesting how Yahoo news posted the following headline story today...
SUBTERRANEAN LIVING MAY AWAIT MOON AND MARS COLONISTS

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0133f25f5715970b-800wi
Is this an access point to another world?

Before discounting David's off-hand show musings out of hand, I would suggest Paracasters read Extraterrestrial Archaeology which is a very thorough look at what we know about the moon. Using NASA's own data and photographs, plus Russian info, David looks at the evidence that suggests there has been or there is an on-going intelligent presence on the moon.

Any thoughts on the rest of the show? :)

Having read the synopsis of the book, it looks less like what we know about the Moon and more of what we've made up about the Moon, and created a mythology around it. It blows my mind that there's any good evidence that there's intelligence on the moon and no one in main-stream science is talking about it. Maybe that's part of the cover-up? Call me closed-minded if you wish, but it's an extremely flawed theory. I'm reading Richard Dawkins' "Greatest Show on Earth" right now, and that's something that is filled with proper evidence. If someone were to tell me that "Extraterrestrial Archeology" is filled with the same type of evidence, I'll gladly read it and admit I'm wrong about the theory being flawed.

About the rest of the show - like I said, it was entertaining. Also, there's something I like about Chris O'Brien's voice, I don't know what it is.

I thought this was one of the weakest overall episodes in quite a while simply because of the subject matter. It was more suited for a science fiction show than a speculative science program.

I completely agree. The whole thing was a hodge-podge of unverified (and unverifiable) theories with only the thinnest of threads connecting them. But more than that, the way it just sort of... went on... without serious challenge or interruption, I could've sworn for a minute I was listening to C2C...

Here's hoping for better next week.

When you have guests of this sort, you can either say "prove it" after every paragraph or sit back and enjoy the ride. We have always let people with entertaining stories have their say, so long as they are not being overtly deceptive.

When he returns, we'll be able to probe some of this stuff more deeply.

When you have guests of this sort, you can either say "prove it" after every paragraph or sit back and enjoy the ride. We have always let people with entertaining stories have their say, so long as they are not being overtly deceptive.

When he returns, we'll be able to probe some of this stuff more deeply.

To prove anything in the field of Ufology is like looking for a needle in hay stack the size of the universe:) Rather psychical evidence is rare as hens teeth and credible individual statements exist which geunie investigators such Paracast & Dark Matter seek to reveal credibility;) not charlatans masking as saviors.:p

Well, I for one fully enjoyed the show, even if some of it went way out there. I do agree that the moon would make an excellent observation post for whatever reason an ET would deem fit to do that. And I do think there are some strange and unusual thiings going on up there, but whether they are ET or natural phenomena, I think only actual colonists on the moon could make decent investigations instead of just the grainy photos that are open to interpretetion. At least it makes you think.
Good show Gene!

Enjoy the show every week, Gene. Nevertheless, after listening to Mr. Childress' breathless delivery this week, I feel a little more schizophrenic than usual. That is the sound of a man talking from the deep end. I know, because that's how I sound when I'm drowning in my own fantasies.

It was almost like hearing a musician compose a song based on ideas from the audience. I fully expected you to throw some David Icke stuff at Childress just to see what he could make out of it--like speculative science fiction secret space program blues. Maybe next time. I'll bring the guitars!

I'm glad to see, from the other posts here, I did not miss anything good by shutting my Ipod off at about 25 minutes in. What I heard was just abysmal, in a C2C short of way.
Without you-know-who the show lacks some spine, to put it bluntly. I think it would fare better if Paul Kimball was permanent cohost and present every show alongside Gene. Paul is like DB with people skills :)

The Easter Island statues were not build by Polynesians. I have an opposing view to David. My theory is largely based upon discoveries that were hushed up by the New Zealand government. Archaeologists found Mummies in the ground, and never released the information to the public. The information was leaked. The Mummies weren't Maori.

This is a popularly held view. It's part of the lost, white-skinned race that preceded ours and taught the savages how to read, write and build stuff out of rock. Found from wastes of Eastern China to the myths of Quetzlcoatl...they often come hand-in-hand with the alternative history guys.

In relation to the New Zealand 'white race'...the Patu-paiarehe. I seriously urge you to investigate the claims. What you have there is one of the most elaborate racist attempts at a land grab in recent years. I'll give you a name to start off with...Martin Dutre.The scope of their plans was and is impressive.I'm not suggesting that you or everyone that holds belief in white predecessors on NZ are racist, I certainly wasn't when I thought these tales were true.

It was a true conspiracy and a cautionary tale for people on the fringes...it isn't just the UFO arena that has people pulling strings...

In fact there is some very odd archaeological evidence that has been uncovered and remains unsatisfactorily explained. And there are a host of mysteries surrounding the presence of the moon beyond the fact that it is the same size as the sun when viewed from the earth (most recently, I read an excellent astronomy / physics article on why the moon could not have been created by a large celestial body colliding with the earth in the distant past). The problem with Childress et. al. is that they then take a number of steps (some probable but not 100% certain) beyond those initial observations and end up in places which appear far out and very well may not be correct. I personally enjoy hearing the theories so long as everyone recognizes that they are speculating what the source data is and means, and that there are alternatives that may be more grounded in everyday reality.

Admittedly, this is sounded more like a C2C episode under Snoory than a Paracast episode. Childress addressed a wide range of topics but never went too deeply into any one of them. In my view, if you are going to discuss a speculative topic, such as anomalies on the moon, you need to go deep and have command of a lot of facts on the topic. Childress only skirted over the topics, giving the impression he was throwing spaghetti.

In fact there is some very odd archaeological evidence that has been uncovered and remains unsatisfactorily explained. And there are a host of mysteries surrounding the presence of the moon beyond the fact that it is the same size as the sun when viewed from the earth (most recently, I read an excellent astronomy / physics article on why the moon could not have been created by a large celestial body colliding with the earth in the distant past).

Tom, please check out the article I posted (#3), by an actual astronomer that is using science to explain what the Moon is all about. I'd also urge you to pick up his book (Bad Astronomy) to dispel some common misconceptions about the Moon. It's a fantastic book, filled with facts.

Regarding the facts of odd archeological evidence on the Moon, I would love to see it.

By the way, speaking of the Moon, we should all know what today is.

This is a popularly held view. It's part of the lost, white-skinned race that preceded ours and taught the savages how to read, write and build stuff out of rock. Found from wastes of Eastern China to the myths of Quetzlcoatl...they often come hand-in-hand with the alternative history guys.

In relation to the New Zealand 'white race'...the Patu-paiarehe. I seriously urge you to investigate the claims. What you have there is one of the most elaborate racist attempts at a land grab in recent years. I'll give you a name to start off with...Martin Dutre.The scope of their plans was and is impressive.I'm not suggesting that you or everyone that holds belief in white predecessors on NZ are racist, I certainly wasn't when I thought these tales were true.

It was a true conspiracy and a cautionary tale for people on the fringes...it isn't just the UFO arena that has people pulling strings...

You bring Racism into it, but the fact is there was a cover up, and there is official documentation to prove it. It's widely accepted today that other peoples from Europe and elsewhere travelled to New Zealand before the Maori, so they are not native to the Island.

The Maori are immigrants. The New Zealand Government would look foolish to the outside world and at home, if they released these findings to the public, since they gave, the Maori large areas of land, money, power of veto of laws, and this was all done in the believe they held the right to it.

The New Zealand government can not afford to have a law and order break down in their country. I actually agree with them on this.

Martin Doutre has been accused of being friendly to the Neo-Nazi party in New Zealand. His detractors are suggesting he is racist, Yet not one piece of solid evidence has ever shown he is racist, only that he knew a person in the Neo-Nazi party. Anyway the allegations of a cover-up extend beyond one man and his belief system's. If Martin Doutre is racist, he is racist. But don't dismiss everything you read because of one mans failing as a human being.

The Takla Makan Mummies found in Western China are of European heritage. One Mummy who is blonde lady is clearly "Celtic" you can tell by the clothing, tattoo symbols (SPIRALS) and the physical features of the women. I believe some of the Mummies found in New Zealand are of Celtic Origin. You have to remember before the Roman empire, which lasted only 1,000 years. The Celts dominated most of Europe for 3,000 years. Think about that for a second!!! three times as long as the Roman empire.

Read the link. It shows archived records from the New Zealand government discussing this issue.
http://www.celticnz.co.nz/embargo_saga.html

For a definitive critique of Doutre's ridiculous "ideas" check this out: http://books.scoop.co.nz/2008/11/18/no-to-nazi-pseudo-history-an-open-letter/

For a definitive critique of Doutre's ridiculous "ideas" check this out: http://books.scoop.co.nz/2008/11/18/no-to-nazi-pseudo-history-an-open-letter/

The author hasn't a clue, why don't you read the link i posted. Some of Doutre's claims are wild and outrageous, but be careful in dismissing everything he said as ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Just to prove my point further, just to show there is more to this then what Doutre claimed.

Dr Muriel Newman deputy leader of the ACT party. ACT is leading politicial party in New Zealand. If anyone is interested in her background put her name into your browser box, and her WIkipedia page should come up first.. Her credentials are outstanding.

In a speech to the Archaeological Association in 2002. I wrote it out instead of linking the speech. People have a tendency to not read long speeches.

Newman said.

Archaeologists agree that humans first settled in New Zealand well over 1,000 years before the Maori migration, which is estimated to have arrived around 1200AD. Their evidence is based on the exhaustive forensic examination of historic plant and animal remains. They believe that the first settlements of New Zealand was most likely a continuous process, a view that is certainly consistent with early settler journal accounts (from the proceedings of the Royal society of New Zealand) which indicate not only did a race called the Moriori precede the Maori, but that when they arrived in the Chatham Islands. They found the country in the possession of aboriginal natives called "HITI" inhabitants of the flint age. There is strong evidence of an early presence of people of Celtic and Chinese ancestry and well as Greek, Spanish and settlers of Polynesian descent.

There we have it an government official openly admitting there is evidence the Celtic people were in New Zealand in the past. Doutre claimed it, I believe he is right.

First of all, Muriel Newman was never a government official. The ACT is a fringe party in NZ, consistently polling below 5% in general elections. Only recently, as a small member of a right-wing coalition, has it had any part of government, and even then it was two junior cabinet members. Newman was not one of them, having lost her seat in Parliament in the 2005 election.

She wouldn't be the first ACT party member to espouse views outside of the accepted consensus. Here, for example, is a quote from former party leader Rodney Hide:

The entire climate change - global warming hypothesis is a hoax, that the data and the hypothesis do not hold together, that Al Gore is a phoney and a fraud on this issue, and that the emissions trading scheme is a worldwide scam and swindle.

[see: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0809/S00042.htm]

Of course, even were ACT the largest party in New Zealand, and Muriel Newman the Prime Minister, I would say, "so what?" She's a politician and business-person (an admittedly intelligent one, given that she has a PhD in math) - but she is hardly an expert on ancient history. What you've posted here is nothing more than a pretty lame appeal to authority (I say "lame" given that Newman never had any authority).

None of this is relevant to the point about Doutre being linked to the worst kinds of people. His views are exactly the kind of semi-subtle "thinking" that Nick Pope and I talked about in his last appearance on the show, where people bring up crazy theories like this, without a shred of real evidence, for motives that have nothing to do with an honest historical discourse. I call it "stealth racism."

First of all, Muriel Newman was never a government official. The ACT is a fringe party in NZ, consistently polling below 5% in general elections. Only recently, as a small member of a right-wing coalition, has it had any part of government, and even then it was two junior cabinet members. Newman was not one of them, having lost her seat in Parliament in the 2005 election.

She wouldn't be the first ACT party member to espouse views outside of the accepted consensus. Here, for example, is a quote from former party leader Rodney Hide:

[see: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0809/S00042.htm]

Of course, even were ACT the largest party in New Zealand, and Muriel Newman the Prime Minister, I would say, "so what?" She's a politician and business-person (an admittedly intelligent one, given that she has a PhD in math) - but she is hardly an expert on ancient history. What you've posted here is nothing more than a pretty lame appeal to authority (I say "lame" given that Newman never had any authority).

None of this is relevant to the point about Doutre being linked to the worst kinds of people. His views are exactly the kind of semi-subtle "thinking" that Nick Pope and I talked about in his last appearance on the show, where people bring up crazy theories like this, without a shred of real evidence, for motives that have nothing to do with an honest historical discourse. I call it "stealth racism."

Paul, i presented evidence for my opinions, you haven't presented nothing, only your view. So your denying the evidence exists? Even though the information in the link I provided proves there was a official withholding of information until 2063 from the New Zealand people.

Paul, i presented evidence for my opinions, you haven't presented nothing, only your view. So your denying the evidence exists? Even though the information in the link I provided proves there was a official withholding of information until 2063 from the New Zealand people.

Actually, the information you provided, from a self-serving website promoting this "theory," doesn't provide any "evidence" at all, other than a perfectly logical explanation by the New Zealand authorities, that of course the likes of Doutre have used as part of their grand conspiracy narrative.

http://readingthemaps.blogspot.com/2008/12/doutre-implodes.html

You have your views; I have mine. You haven't presented a shred of evidence, however, as to the reality of Doutre's claims. I can show you, over and over again, that Doutre is a nut.

Vive le difference! :rolleyes:

Actually, the information you provided, from a self-serving website promoting this "theory," doesn't provide any "evidence" at all, other than a perfectly logical explanation by the New Zealand authorities, that of course the likes of Doutre have used as part of their grand conspiracy narrative.

Paul did you not read the first archive document. Hope people here are not dumb and can see that confirms there was a Cover-up. The response later from the New Zealand Authorities is not relevant they had already been caught in the act.They were covering their asses from enquires about it. Paul if you want to be dishonest fine, but the document is plain as day and it's officially stamped as coming from the national archives.

You have Problem with Doutre, rightly so, but often people with bad intentions something's come across important finds, and use it for their own evil purposes.

Back