• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Fox and Tracy Torme

I'd say he's largely unknown outside us TV. Although I have seen him as a talking head on several shows.

I guess our UK equivalent would be Professor Brian Cox.

Can't stand him

Seriously? You don't know him? He's the modern day Carl Sagan. So much so, he's hosting Cosmos, an amazing series. I'm a huge fan of his. He also has a great podcast.

Audio excerpts from Framk Stranges' film Phenomena 7.7 can be found here:

WFMU - 365 Days Project (2007)

Stranges was a contactee space brother champion with a long history in that vein. Copies of his documentary are mostly nonexistent. Though even more interesting are the original Zamora interviews from the Faded Discs series at Archive.org which includes Hynek's discussion of the case with recordings by Stanford.

It is still a very interesting case in that the skeptical attempts at debunking it as a college hoax come off sounding even more unrealistic than Zamora's witness account in some ways. There's a lot of reaching at improbable inconoclast straws IMO. This case brings together a lot of history of the field in terms of key characters through a unique case. It will be interesting to see what 701 does in terms of providing more of a convincing perspective or new interpretation of the case.

I found this show interesting in that it pulled together a lot of familiar, long standing Paracast themes.

Frankly, I want to hear paranormal, not politics.

Amen to this. There are random political comments on earlier podcasts which have caused me to stop listening to the podcasts and move on to other nonpolitical paranormal podcasters. The last time it took me about 6 months to come back. I haven't heard this particular episode yet. I was looking forward to it until I read some of the posts about it. I won't be hurrying to listen to it at this point. Thank you for the 'heads up.'

:Looks like the guys decided to address my previous criticism of the show (the laughing and snickering)...

Your criticisms of this both episode and the Paracast are unwarranted and flaky.

The UFO subject by its very nature is mixed up with politics. There is no avoiding it. Get used to it.

If Gene is an old east-coast-style lefty, that fact does not detract from the quality of the show. He is not evangelical about it. His occasional collectivist political comments are far better than either dishonestly hiding his opinions, or hammering them into the show at every opportunity. He does neither.

You think the word "liberal" means "authoritarian collectivist", when if fact it means the exact opposite; Libre, Liberty, Freedom, Freedom from Government. The Orwellian-opposite way you use this word proves you need to study a lot more history before criticizing anyone's politics.

If the "alien meat party" illustration and podcast hosts laughing offend you, I believe you need to "lighten up" and would greatly benefit from joining a social club to learn how.

Look him up. I'd say he is the most well-known and popular astro-physicist of our time. When the media wants a word on astronomy or astrophysics, they either go to DeGrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku. Those two are the superstars.
Seriously? You don't know him? He's the modern day Carl Sagan. So much so, he's hosting Cosmos, an amazing series. I'm a huge fan of his. He also has a great podcast.

I'm fairly certain Gene was being tongue in cheek, the guys actually mentioned the Cosmos "reboot" a couple of shows back.

I started to watch the series but couldn't hang with it, I stopped after 5 shows and went back to listening to alien air music with Pat. And this is a shame because there is a lot I dont know about astronomy and what I do "know" is probably wrong. But this current incarnation of Cosmos is not my cup of tea. At any rate thanks to angelo for pointing out the Neil Degrasse Tyson podcast. I never thought of this and I immediately subscribed to it.

Last edited:
One of the producers of this movie looks to me like an alien in a meat suit. :)

701 The Movie | Bios

INES ROMERO, Producer
biopic_ines_romero.jpg

Former Danish model, Ines Romero has been researching UFOs most of her life. After completing a degree in psychology from San Francisco State University, Ines moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting. She worked on several Hollywood films such as: Invasion, The Island, Bicentennial Man, Bewitched as well as NBC's Chuck and many others. Ines's experience in Hollywood and her familiarity with UFOs make her a great part of the 701 team.

Confirmed Charlie, her actual name is ms. mxyzptlk and is used as bait to lure unsuspecting victims who only intended
to take a late night walk and instead found themselves unceremoniously dumped a half dozen miles away. She doesn't even have the decency to drop you off within walking distance.

Why should that even matter?

Gene, do you think less of tea party members? conservatives? republicans?

It matters because whoever (whomever?) holds the opposite view of your politics will judge your credibility based on that just like many people think tea party members, conservatives, republicans, green party, etc have their heads stuck in some dark places. I think anybody who rallies behind either major party needs to take another look at their political saviors.

Personally, I can't stand either party. I think politicians from both 'sides' are self serving, powerhungry bastards only in it for their own self aggrandizement and financial gain at the cost of the working class. Career politician is synonymous with career criminal.

If I wanted to listen to a political comment I would go to any number of political shows or podcasts. I would just rather not hear it. I understand that UFOs have political implications but those implications can be expressed in general terms because no matter which party has been in power the info has always stayed covered up. Partisan politics doesn't apply to UFOs.

Confirmed Charlie, her actual name is ms. mxyzptlk and is used as bait to lure unsuspecting victims who only intended
to take a late night walk and instead found themselves unceremoniously dumped a half dozen miles away. She doesn't even have the decency to drop you off within walking distance.
Sounds like something for the original Kolchak to take on. You've already got half his usual opening narration written. The tone is very close and quite natural.
kolchak-night-stalker-1.jpg

I miss that guy.

Gene, do you think less of tea party members? conservatives? republicans?

It matters because whoever (whomever?) holds the opposite view of your politics will judge your credibility based on that just like many people think tea party members, conservatives, republicans, green party, etc have their heads stuck in some dark places. I think anybody who rallies behind either major party needs to take another look at their political saviors.

Personally, I can't stand either party. I think politicians from both 'sides' are self serving, powerhungry bastards only in it for their own self aggrandizement and financial gain at the cost of the working class. Career politician is synonymous with career criminal.

If I wanted to listen to a political comment I would go to any number of political shows or podcasts. I would just rather not hear it. I understand that UFOs have political implications but those implications can be expressed in general terms because no matter which party has been in power the info has always stayed covered up. Partisan politics doesn't apply to UFOs.
I don't think less of any general category of people, nor do I rally behind any party.

Good episode. I like Fox's other films and look forward to this one. As for the folks getting butthurt over the odd political comment by our esteemed hosts:

ujbd.jpg

Whoa! I had completely forgotten about that show. I really liked that show when I was a kid.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I need to track down some episodes of it. I bet it was awful, but we didn't know any better back then.

Sounds like something for the original Kolchak to take on. You've already got half his usual opening narration written. The tone is very close and quite natural.
kolchak-night-stalker-1.jpg

I miss that guy.

I am not ashamed to admit that this show scared so much that i always looked forward to watching Hot L Baltimore immediately afterwards for light comic relief.

I also enjoyed watching HBL for Gloria LeRoy, she made quite an impression on my young self.

Back