• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Fox and Tracy Torme

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
It was an interesting change of pace to have two separate guests. You used to do this more often.

I must say, I will be eagerly awaiting the release of this movie.

I have to admit I haven't listened to too many shows of late.

I couldn't sleep and woke up in the middle of the night 3:00am and thought what the $#@* am I going to do now (I live in Australia)? I had my phone on my dresser and it beeped to alert me that my pod cast had downloaded my subscribed podcasts. I saw the Paracast podcast with a little #1 next to it and clicked play. I didn't even check the guest list....boy was I glad I pressed play.

This show was fantastic! I have always liked James Fox, I felt really sorry for him of late. The amount of abuse he copped during his time with the Chasing UFO show was disappointing considering most people knew his work better. After all this guy had done for the UFO field, much of it honest, thought provoking and accessible to your average joe and to the well read ufo aficionado?

He was clearly in a situation he was not in control of. That didn't stop the hatchet men sharpening their blades and burying that hatchet deep into the poor guys back!

A MOVIE..(finally something I can take my skeptic friends to) instead of sending them a link to a blurry video of some lights on youtube!

If this turns out like I hope it does it could singlehandedly change the landscape of the field forever.

Here's hoping! I'm not holding my breath though!

:sigh:

Looks like the guys decided to address my previous criticism of the show (the laughing and snickering) and in doing so, I think, underlined my point perfectly!

They had to open the show up talking about the short coming of "FOX NEWS." Boom instant liberal slant in the opening seconds, blah blah blah, FOX NEWS....Luckily after a few minutes they caught themselves and said, "or MSNBC and CNN". But that was my exact criticism in my last post. These hosts will make their liberal slant completely apparent as well as their dismay with the ETH, but think because they say "and MSNBC" or "but the ETH could be true" it somehow comes across as objective, with all points of view getting equal treatment. It doesn't!

To add additional insult, we had to listen to Chris actually entertain the notion that UFOs are actually alien space ships that are sitting outside our planet, killing cattle so they can cook it up for VIP alien dinners (while Gene plagiarized NGT's UFO bit.) He said something to the effect of "I am serious Gene, that possibility is as good as any of the others." Let us not forget he just wrote a book where he put UFOs and aliens at "the bottom of the list of possibilities" while proposing a more prosaic explanation which included governmental monitoring. Does Chris really believe, in spite of the evidence presented in his book and through the work of Gabe Valdez, his alien cocktail party is REALLY on par with other contentions?

So again we have the hosts essentially mocking anything ETH related, because I can't take the alien meat party seriously, especially in the face of Chris's own research. As mentioned, there is no consistency, they make their bias readily apparent, then think because they say, "this other theory is also good," that is somehow being objective. Seconds earlier they were equating cattle mutilations to some sophomoric idea involving alien black angus beef parities in outer space.

Luckily for this episode Fox was very good and had a lot to say. The hosts were rather respectful and did not chide him too much on his ETH leaning, despite the fact they have done so with other guests. If they like you, they go soft, if they don't, they poke fun and ridicule. I wonder if Jacque Vallee would be seriously asked about aliens having meat eating parties in outer space, if so, I wonder how thought provoking such a hypothesis would be to him?

Last edited:

Looks like the guys decided to address my previous criticism of the show (the laughing and snickering) and in doing so, I think, underlined my point perfectly!

They had to open the show up talking about the short coming of "FOX NEWS." Boom instant liberal slant in the opening seconds, blah blah blah, FOX NEWS....Luckily after a few minutes they caught themselves and said, "or MSNBC and CNN". But that was my exact criticism in my last post. These hosts will make their liberal slant completely apparent as well as their dismay with the ETH, but think because they say "and MSNBC" or "but the ETH could be true" it somehow comes across as objective, with all points of view getting equal treatment. It doesn't!

To add additional insult, we had to listen to Chris actually entertain the notion that UFOs are actually alien space ships that are sitting outside our planet, killing cattle so they can cook it up for VIP alien dinners (while Gene plagiarized NGT's UFO bit.) He said something to the effect of "I am serious Gene, that possibility is as good as any of the others." Let us not forget he just wrote a book where he put UFOs and aliens at "the bottom of the list of possibilities" while proposing a more prosaic explanation which included governmental monitoring. Does Chris really believe, in spite of the evidence presented in his book and through the work of Gabe Valdez, his alien cocktail party is REALLY on par with other contentions?

So again there is no consistency, they make their bias readily apparent, then think because they say, "this other theory is also good," that is somehow being objective. Seconds earlier they were equating cattle mutilations to some sophomoric idea involving alien black angus beef parities in outer space.

Luckily for this episode Fox was very good and had a lot to say. The hosts were rather respectful and did not chide him too much on his ETH leaning, despite the fact they have done so with other guests. If they like you, they go soft, if they don't, they poke fun and ridicule. I wonder if Jacque Vallee would be seriously asked about aliens having meat eating party in outer space, if so, I wonder how thought provoking such a hypothesis would be to him?

I think you need to get out a little more. It was done tongue in cheek. All the networks you have mentioned are for the media abattoirs. Surely you don't believe a word from any of the major media networks?

I think Chris was insinuating that to dismiss any theory without first proving without a shadow of a doubt with intense scrutiny that it is wrong is ridiculous.

I have to admit I haven't listened to too many shows of late.

I couldn't sleep and woke up in the middle of the night 3:00am and thought what the $#@* am I going to do now (I live in Australia)? I had my phone on my dresser and it beeped to alert me that my pod cast had downloaded my subscribed podcasts. I saw the Paracast podcast with a little #1 next to it and clicked play. I didn't even check the guest list....boy was I glad I pressed play.

This show was fantastic! I have always liked James Fox, I felt really sorry for him of late. The amount of abuse he copped during his time with the Chasing UFO show was disappointing considering most people knew his work better. After all this guy had done for the UFO field, much of it honest, thought provoking and accessible to your average joe and to the well read ufo aficionado?

He was clearly in a situation he was not in control of. That didn't stop the hatchet men sharpening their blades and burying that hatchet deep into the poor guys back!

A MOVIE..(finally something I can take my skeptic friends to) instead of sending them a link to a blurry video of some lights on youtube!

If this turns out like I hope it does it could singlehandedly change the landscape of the field forever.

Here's hoping! I'm not holding my breath though!

So again we have the hosts essentially mocking anything ETH related, because I can't take the alien meat party seriously, especially in the face of Chris's own research. As mentioned, there is no consistency, they make their bias readily apparent, then think because they say, "this other theory is also good," that is somehow being objective. Seconds earlier they were equating cattle mutilations to some sophomoric idea involving alien black angus beef parities in outer space.

Luckily for this episode Fox was very good and had a lot to say. The hosts were rather respectful and did not chide him too much on his ETH leaning, despite the fact they have done so with other guests. If they like you, they go soft, if they don't, they poke fun and ridicule. I wonder if Jacque Vallee would be seriously asked about aliens having meat eating parties in outer space, if so, I wonder how thought provoking such a hypothesis would be to him?

Wow, you really have a problem with them bringing up Fox News in jest. Guess what though? Fox News is a laughable news agency. So sometimes people will laugh at them and they don't have to qualify their opinions with other satirical news entities to keep people like you happy. If you don't like that some people think differently from you and more specifically, run their podcast based on their own opinions and research, then my friend you are in for a long closed off life.

Gene and Chris have the best Paranormal show on the planet. Just because they joke every now and then about one thing or another does not demean the show or the hosts. Chris has not come down on any concrete answer to any phenomenon. He gives you all sides and lets you come up with what you want. He is a researcher presenting data. Sorry you can't seem to wrap your head around that. Gene's job is to tell the worst jokes ever and we love them both for what they do.

I think you need to get out a little more. It was done tongue in cheek. All the networks you have mentioned are for the media abattoirs. Surely you don't believe a word from any of the major media networks?

I think Chris was insinuating that to dismiss any theory without first proving without a shadow of a doubt with intense scrutiny that it is wrong is ridiculous.

And I think the show has been relegated to two liberal old guys with the same exact worldview ranting about politics every show, with an occasional good guest thrown into the mix. Their political views seeps into every single episode. Listen to the Don Ecker episode, listen to the one where the kid from the Black Vault was interviewed. When he told Gene and Chris, their claims of 9/11 being an inside job was reaching, they turned on him so fast. Let's not forget when they had Rosemary Ellen Guiley on the show, they gave her hell when she would not label George W. Bush an "evil Djnn." Frankly, I want to hear paranormal, not politics.

Great show! I was quite heartened to hear that the federal bureaucrat at the National Archives came through in the clutch with the Blue Book documents. It made me proud.

Of course someone named Gene Steinberg raised in Brooklyn is going to be politically liberal. Who cares? Chris strikes me as more of a libertarian than a liberal.

Sorry, but I didn't hear the Fox and Torme interviews as all that political. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the possible large scale release of a well crafted flick that adheres to the recorded history of the phenomenon. Very good interview.

Great show! I was quite heartened to hear that the federal bureaucrat at the National Archives came through in the clutch with the Blue Book documents. It made me proud.

Of course someone named Gene Steinberg raised in Brooklyn is going to be politically liberal. Who cares? Chris strikes me as more of a libertarian than a liberal.
I'm not aware that being born in Brooklyn necessarily labels you a liberal. My politics are far more eclectic than that.

I thought it was a damned good show, nice work and interesting intelligent guests -- light at the end of the tunnel for ufology!
I don't think it's possible these days to do _anything_ without occasionally mentioning the P word. Politicians and their shennanigans shape our world, like it or not. Sometimes they have to be discussed. I don't mean name calling or left/right clichés. Gene's got it right. Most people here are eclectic and personal in their politics, and don't try to make converts, thank God! I also think that any MSM news source, especially domestic, these days is ripe for ridicule, they asked for it, all of them!

As an aside, the USA is special in the western world in treating politics as an off-limits rude subject for casual conversation, at least compared to my experience in, say, Germany. I think it's because our politicians are (for the very most part) such shameless hucksters that they hate the thought of any needles popping their hot air balloons. It needn't be that way. Political arguments, as long as they don't get ad hominem and the participants are treated with mutual respect, are often when I learn a new perspective on something. (Doesn't mean I have to agree with any of them!)

Last edited:
And I think the show has been relegated to two liberal old guys with the same exact worldview ranting about politics every show, with an occasional good guest thrown into the mix. Their political views seeps into every single episode. Listen to the Don Ecker episode, listen to the one where the kid from the Black Vault was interviewed. When he told Gene and Chris, their claims of 9/11 being an inside job was reaching, they turned on him so fast. Let's not forget when they had Rosemary Ellen Guiley on the show, they gave her hell when she would not label George W. Bush an "evil Djnn." Frankly, I want to hear paranormal, not politics.

If that kid from the black vault isn't a disinformation agent then my mother in-law is the kindest person I've ever met!

9/11? Pearl Harbor? Vietnam? Iraq?libya? Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW if anyone has HBO the Show VICE is providing some excellent journalism. Those guys go out and get the raw story. No matter where it is.

James and Tracy were both top notch on the show. very much enjoyed.

however the likelyhood of the film getting mainstream theatrical distribution is small. Although I'd like to see it be successful nonetheless.

i see a festival run followed probably by the increasingly popular VoD premiere first with a very limited theatrical run shortly thereafter.

similar to Magic Men

Magic Men is great by the way ;)

Last edited:
Back