• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Has Kal Korff the famous Bigfoot, Roswell & Meier debunker flipped his lid?

Free episodes:

Mogwa said:
Firefox is an excellent app. I do volunteer work helping the elderly and disabled with their computers in home, and I've lost count of how many times downloading Internet Explorer 7 has been responsible for trashing their operating systems. After uninstalling the browser from hell and repairing the registry, I always advise them give Firefox a try. The only drawback is its reliance on a variety of plugins. Some of the elderly find that feature a bit confusing,
but it's still light years ahead of anything Microsoft has to offer. I'm almost convinced Satan himself runs their programming department.

The problem with Microsoft is that they made a log of wrong decisions early on in terms of auto-run for Visual Basic stuff and so on and so forth. Now, they are locked into keeping things compatible with older hardware and trying to patch security enhancements onto their products.

As much as I criticize Microsoft for its mistakes and attempts to use less-than-kosher methods to defeat the competition, I do not for a moment believe they want to create bad software. But it's not as easy for them to spin on a dime and fix what's wrong.

Apple has it better, because they control the software and hardware and that integration has proven to be the proper way to do things. The iPod and now the iPhone are additional examples.

Gene Steinberg said:
The problem with Microsoft is that they made a log of wrong decisions early on in terms of auto-run for Visual Basic stuff and so on and so forth.

The problem with Microsoft is that they failed to separate the operate system from the desktop - everything is mashed into one monolithic piece of code. It is hugely bloated with functionality that is not required or needed by the majority of it's users and this constant bloating of the code is what Microsoft/Intel uses to drive hardware upgrades year-on-year.

The reason why Unix/Linux (and Macs) are superior is that they keep the operating system separate from the desktop/user interface. You can strip away unwanted functionality (completely omit a desktop environment, if you wish), allowing you to run the latest operating system (kernel) on older hardware.

Windows isn't really an operating system - it's a 'one-size-fits-all' solution to the domestic PC market.

Are you lamers really going to try to turn the Korff thread into a PC vs Mac thread too?

Get over yourselves. The majority have spoken. Their wallets have spoken. Their hard earned sweat-of-the-brow cold, hard, cash has spoken. Apple loses. Linux Loses. MS wins.

:p :D :p

-DBTrek

Alert the media, DBTrek says Apple is a loser! Right on, anarchyboy! You ROCK!

Yes, indeed. They lose every day. They lose money, marketshare, stock value, they lose their status as design and marketing geniuses, not to mention their role of making the best microcomputer OS on the planet. Oh, that's right, Windoze has more users, so it MUST be better.

:rolleyes:

Can I recommend some good antivirus software for your brain?

:p

As far as turning this from a KKK thread to something else, I welcome the change. I'd prefer to type about the tech world instead of Korffo any day of the week.

dB

David Biedny said:
Alert the media, DBTrek says Apple is a loser! Right on, anarchyboy! You ROCK!

Yes, indeed. They lose every day. They lose money, marketshare, stock value, they lose their status as design and marketing geniuses, not to mention their role of making the best microcomputer OS on the planet. Oh, that's right, Windoze has more users, so it MUST be better.

:rolleyes:

Can I recommend some good antivirus software for your brain?

:p

As far as turning this from a KKK thread to something else, I welcome the change. I'd prefer to type about the tech world instead of Korffo any day of the week.

dB

But if it's going to be all tech, let's take that here:

http://www.technightowl.live/forums/

We have to give that forum a little activity, something it's sorely missing :)

DBTrek said:
Are you lamers really going to try to turn the Korff thread into a PC vs Mac thread too?

Get over yourselves. The majority have spoken. Their wallets have spoken. Their hard earned sweat-of-the-brow cold, hard, cash has spoken. Apple loses. Linux Loses. MS wins.

:p :D :p

-DBTrek

Recheck your stats my friend and you will see who is rapidly approaching last place in the operating system war. hear is a clue it isn't Apple, BSD, Solaris, or Linux

Richard Bailey said:
Recheck your stats my friend and you will see who is rapidly approaching last place in the operating system war. hear is a clue it isn't Apple, BSD, Solaris, or Linux

HAhahahahahah!

Riiiiiiight. The MS operating system is "rapidly" approaching last place. Take a few hits for me, groovy brother man.

-DBTrek

Gene . . . where am I supposed to post in that place. I mean . . . look at the sections:

General Tech
Apple Hardwar
Apple Software
Apple War Stories
Apple is God and Everything Else is Crap
Tech Gear for the 21st Century

Not a lot of places to talk about MS.

Tech aside . . . I notice Korff made his rant about dB and you accessible to members only. I knew he ripped on david but I haven't seen the anti-Gene Steinberg rant. Darn!

Ah well . . . I'm not joining that lamers little Mickey Mouse club to see it. I'll just wait till it emerges in the next UFOlogist flame war or something.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Gene . . . where am I supposed to post in that place. I mean . . . look at the sections:

General Tech
Apple Hardwar
Apple Software
Apple War Stories
Apple is God and Everything Else is Crap
Tech Gear for the 21st Century

Not a lot of places to talk about MS.

Tech aside . . . I notice Korff made his rant about dB and you accessible to members only. I knew he ripped on david but I haven't seen the anti-Gene Steinberg rant. Darn!

Ah well . . . I'm not joining that lamers little Mickey Mouse club to see it. I'll just wait till it emerges in the next UFOlogist flame war or something.

-DBTrek

OK, in response to your request:

http://www.technightowl.live/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

It's up to you now :)

I've heard rumors that Korff has challenged Bavid Biedny And Colin Smith to a Photoshop fake nude celebrity retouching contest. The catch is that all competitors must use a specially ported version of the program running on a Commodore 64 with a monochrome display, and the model of choice is Rosie O'donnell.
To make it a fair fight, Korff will be allowed the use of a Wacom tablet, while Smith and Biedny will have to settle for whatever they can come up with using only ASCII characters.
It should be swell. Maybe they'll broadcast the event on Spike TV.

Back