• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- September 9, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
September 9, 2012

The Paracast Explores Reports About Possible Kingman, AZ UFO Crashes in 1953

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why We Really Want You to Send a Donation to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Brand New Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a wide-ranging discussion on puzzling UFO events and other unusual encounters that includes reports of UFO crashes at Kingman, AZ in 1953. Our guests include Harry Drew and Ruben Uriarte.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Harry Drew's Site: Home - The 1953 Kingman UFO Crashes

Ruben Uriarte's Site: RoswellBooks.com | Can You Handle the Truth?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Waiting Endlessly for the Answer
By Gene Steinberg

Whenever people first become interested in UFOs, and all the amazing possibilities that entails, they usually want to believe the answers will come soon. If extraterrestrials are here on Earth, someone from the government will reveal the truth, or independent researchers will somehow force it out of them.

Perhaps ET might even stage a massed landing and reveal their presence to everyone.

Since the modern UFO era began in 1947, you can pick a decade, any decade, and you will find the same theories, the same demands for the truth. UFOs are spaceships, and the U.S. government, perhaps acting in concert with governments around the world, are keeping the secret for reasons best known to themselves.

Add to that reports of people who claim to have met up with alien beings in the desert, or in the privacy of their own homes, and you have the basics of the UFO mystery, at least on a surface level. There’s a whole lot more to be discovered when you start to open your eyes and examine the possibilities.

Take the sightings themselves, for example. Sure, UFOs come in different shapes and sizes, but that may just represent different parts of ET’s fleet, or the possibility that Earth is a stopping point for many civilizations from around the universe. It may well be that some or all UFOs are really visitors from another dimension, or even from our own future, although the ETH (extraterrestrial hypothesis) gets the most coverage. Indeed, I suspect most people feel that if UFOs are real, they must be spaceships. It’s either/or.

However, a number of researchers have dug deeper into the UFO enigma and have found that there may be other strange events that often go unreported. In asking a witness about a UFO sighting, for example, the fact that that witness has had other unusual encounters may never be discussed. Maybe there are reports of possible ghosts or other strange apparitions in and around that area, or maybe unusual creatures have been observed in a nearby forest. Perhaps the witness doesn’t want to mention other experiences out of the fear of losing credibility in the eyes of UFO researchers who are clearly looking for physical spacecraft from elsewhere. Or perhaps such questions are asked and answered, but are never published out of a fear of being politically incorrect. Or coming across as just another crackpot.

There are other curious episodes that seem to attach themselves to the UFO mystery, such as reports of “Men In Black,” people who show up after a UFO sighting and interrogate witnesses, sometimes demanding that they keep the details of their experiences a secret. I suppose some of these episodes may just involve hoaxers who want to stir things up to boost their egos. Other visits may indeed involve government agents, and it’s always possible details are being embellished over time to make the vicitors seem more sinister than they really are. Some even suggests that so-called MIB are really UFO aliens who engage in such activities out of hidden motives. You almost imagine that you’re playing a part in a sci-fi film.

As to the governments, well maybe they do know something they aren’t telling us. But you wonder how those secrets are kept through the decades, even as the names of the leaders, and sometimes the type of government, change. How does a secret of this magnitude somehow survive without serious leaks? Or maybe there are leaks, but they are covered up with disinformation to hide the truth, whatever that might be.

One possible way to keep this secret is simply to funnel the data and the ongoing investigation into private industry. In the U.S., the military-industrial complex, consisting of the firms who build the hardware, may be using some of their funding to engage in top-secret research related to the UFO mystery, and they are reporting the results only to those with the “need to know.” There’s certainly enough waste and inefficiency in any government to allow funds to be diverted to a “black project” of some sort.

Remember that large multinational corporations can operate around the world without much official oversight. Payoffs to the right politicians may help skirt the highways and byways of red tape. So are people who work for these corporations privy to secrets about the presence of UFOs? It’s certainly a fascinating conspiracy theory, though you wonder how any of it can be proved. Even if a whistleblower came forth, and there have been some who claimed to know uncomfortable secrets, they can usually be discredited, or otherwise handled in a way that stops the unacceptable behavior before things get out of hand.

Understand that I’m just speculating here. I do not claim to have any inside information that would somehow prove whether any particular scenario is true. Even if I stumbled across an unacceptable truth, how many people in the know would even take me seriously? I’m just a radio talk show host, an entertainer, so I can say lots of wacky things. It goes with the territory.

But it comes down to this: Efforts to solve the UFO mystery have failed, and continue to fail. UFO researchers and organizations continue to collect sightings, and statistical models can be generated to show various shapes, sizes, and perhaps a higher presence in certain areas. All well and good, but does any of that information actually produce answers? Sixty-five years after the modern UFO era began, it doesn’t seem as if we’ve gone anywhere. If UFOs are alien, we don’t know where they came from, why they are here, and, besides, why take any of it seriously?

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

All good questions Gene. But then again, I suppose that we could ask the question, "Why take anything seriously?" We all just live some short mundane existence and then it's all over. In the grand scheme of things Earth is pretty small, and we ( people ) are all even smaller. Eventually the Sun will probably fry Earth to a cinder and unless we find a way off this rock, that will be the end for us all and all our children's children. And if we do find a way to migrate into the stars then we're going to be out there ... in the domain of other races who have gotten there first. Sure, that could all take so long that who cares? None of that is going to affect us personally any time soon, but then if we want to ignore that issue we're back to asking why take anything seriously? I suppose if we want to just consider our own individual blip of existence and whatever personal satisfaction we can get from it, then fine, everyone is entitled to that.

But what about those people who find value in greater things, things beyond the mundane daily grind that are a genuine mystery with the potential to bring humanity into a whole new era of understanding with respect to our place among other sentient beings in the universe? There are people like that. You know them and I know them. They are witnesses to real UFOs ... no not some vague lights off in the distance, but objects that were seen well enough by intelligent unimpaired people for long enough to form valid rational reasons to believe that what they saw was from someplace other than any civilization we're familiar with.Together these UFO witnesses share a common knowledge of the truth and it doesn't matter if other people don't believe us ( and I use the word 'us' because I count myself among them ). So why take it seriously? I take it seriously not just because of my own experience, but because of them. When people like Redfern write off reports from witnesses as useless and associate them with why ufology has failed ( in his opinion ), he isn't just writing off "bulging filing cabinets" of reports, he's writing off real people with real experiences who I see as an indispensable part of ufology and the very reason ufology came into being in the first place. And one last thing, I also take it seriously because of all the work done by other researchers and people ( among them yourself Gene ) who have also taken it seriously and helped to inform, enlighten and keep people on track with respect to this fascinating subject.

Back