• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 6, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
October 6, 2013

Strange Intruders Explored on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have aDonate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should wor k properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present paranormal investigator David Weatherly. For over 35 years, David has explored the world of the strange, investigating cases around the country and abroad. He has written and lectured on a diverse range of topics including cryptozoology, Ufology and hauntings. He has spent a considerable amount of time investigating and researching Utah's Uinta Basin — location of the infamous "Skinwalker ranch." David's latest book, "Strange Intruders" and the topics he addresses include the Djinn, Slenderman, Black Eyed Beings and much more.

Chris O'Brien's Site: http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Sponsored Message: Don’t get ripped off when you need to liquidate your precious jewelry and silverware. Call Steve at Numis Gems at (480) 878-7678 and get the straight scoop!

About the “Toxic” UFO Field
By Gene Steinberg

It’s fair to say that people who disagree are often unable to disagree agreeably. I’ve been following the UFO field for more years than I wish to recall, and I can tell you that arguments or outright flamewars are just too common. It’s not just the believer versus skeptic issue, which you’d expect, but the fact that even people who should agree on the fundamentals of the mystery find something to argue about.

So perhaps they argue about whether any single case should be taken seriously. Or maybe it’s all about investigative techniques, and the caliber of evidence that should be considered, and don’t forget the personalities of individual researchers.

To take a long-time example: It’s a sure thing that there’s no broad agreement about whether the Roswell, NM crash involved a balloon, a spaceship, or something altogether different. But at least something happened. To many, the same can’t be said to the report of a crash near Aztec, NM in 1948. One researcher, Scott Ramsey, says he’s spent more than two decades and half a million dollars trying to nail things down.

But there is no smoking gun for either.

When it comes to Roswell, veteran researcher Kevin D. Randle has worked with several colleagues to establish what’s called a “Dream Team.” The original game plan was to treat Roswell as a “cold case,” reexamine the evidence and try to reach some final conclusions.

Unfortunately, it may be that things are beginning to come unglued, apparently over a claim that someone has color slides of alien creatures. Indeed, access evidently requires signing nondisclosure agreements, a request that’s not necessarily unusual. But the story is complicated, and I don’t wish to bore you with all the nasty details, other than the fact that there is no proof that this new evidence even exists, so let’s leave it at that.

But the blogosphere has been polluted with claims and counterclaims in which this episode is the focal point. Whether the Dream Team is going to be disbanded over this may be a stretch, but it surely demonstrates how not to investigate a UFO case.

While I don’t presume to tell other people what to do, it would have made more sense to first determine the authority of this new evidence, have it examined and then, if it passed muster, make arrangements to have it disclosed. If it turned out to be just another false trail, set it aside. The online backbiting on this and other issues gets us nowhere.

This doesn’t mean that there isn’t critical evidence about Roswell or other old cases lurking in someone’s attic or basement, somehow forgotten across the sands of time. If the Roswell episode truly involved the crash of a spaceship, you would hope there may be some final resolution somewhere along the line.

It’s doubly difficult with a case as old as Roswell, though. First-hand witnesses are probably no longer alive, so investigators have to interview family, surviving friends, and maybe go through personal diaries and other records to see if there’s any evidence that something otherwordly truly occurred.

The real proof, however, would be the wreckage of a crashed spaceship. Even if such a thing exists, would it have been hidden in the bowels of a secret military base somewhere? In the recent book, “Inside the Real Area 51,” authors Thomas Carey and Donald Schmitt postulate that the whole kit and caboodle was carted way to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.

We had Schmitt as a guest on The Paracast on September 22, and he attempted to make his case. While it’s a sure thing that a lot of top secret material was handled at the base, there’s no final proof that the alleged Roswell wreckage was involved. And, no, we didn’t ask Schmitt why he doesn’t mention the fact that he worked at the post office as part of his official bio. We dealt with that issue a few years back, and we’re satisfied with the answer.

When it comes to the alleged Roswell wreckage, however, would it even be stored at a military base? What about sending it off to private industry? Call it plausible deniability, but it would give the authorities an excuse to say that they don’t have evidence of UFO reality.

But we can’t prove that either. You’d think that someone, somewhere, would become a whistleblower and disclose the truth about the Roswell wreckage. Sure, we’ve had some claims of inside knowledge, but nothing that can actually be proven.

Yes, I understand about national security and all that, but surely, out of thousands of people who might be involved in such an endeavor, some people would decide that the public deserves to know the truth. There are too many people involved for a secret of this magnitude to be kept for so many years.

Sure, I understand about parceling out information and access, and only allowing people with the need to know to see even a tiny part of the picture. But if it involves wreckage of a craft built by an advanced technology, or even the bodies of extraterrestrials, even limited access would reveal enough clues to demonstrate that something really strange occurred.

In any case, whatever is accomplished with the Dream Team, you can expect that UFO researchers will be engaging in vigorous debate and infighting over the results. There will be the inevitable turf wars and personal attacks against people who aren’t who don’t follow the party line. It was ever thus in the field.

Now The Paracast has mostly stayed clear of such infighting. We mention it from time to time, and I know full well that some bloggers attack your friendly hosts and the show relentlessly. I’ve occasionally posted comments to correct the record, but some people don’t want to be bothered with facts. They’d rather advance their agendas, whatever those agendas might be.

Yes, I suppose we’d attract listeners from the group that craves personal conflict, but The Paracast isn’t a gossip show, and I like to think we can inform people without constantly putting people down. At the same time, we will call out people who are deceptive, or present questionable viewpoints, but it doesn’t have to be personal.

Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

FWIW, I've seen the blogs and comments that criticize and attack the Paracast, and it's been clear to me that their claims are either exaggerated or unsubstantiated. I've even gone so far as to contact the dissidents and ask for specific examples and verifiable evidence. Nothing substantial has materialized. That's not to say I agree with everything Paracast, but the differences of opinion have never been sufficient to harshly trash either the show or the hosts ( past or present ). I'll grant that it doesn't look good when Schmitt seems to get what amounts to a pardon while Imbrogno gets a life sentence, yet both have reportedly committed similar indiscretions, but that's a minor issue compared to the overall track record of the show and the forum. The show has a personality of its own that isn't just Gene's or Chris's or the guest's and nobody's personality is perfect all the time. So there are bound to be times when things go a little side-o-the-road.

On the issue of contracting private sources to study alien technology, thereby providing plausible deniability, I don't think that assumption is entirely valid. Military contracts still put ownership and control of the artifacts in the military realm. The best they can do is stonewall by answering in a way that avoids the issue e.g. "We're not studying any alien technology." which might technically be true. So it's all about how the questions are asked. Regarding the integrity of secrecy, the claim that no secrets have been released is equally misleading. The fact is that plenty of formerly secret documents have been released and there have also been leaks in the form of admissions and leaks by military personnel. Sure we can claim that these documents and leaks may not be genuine, but that's not the issue. The evidence clearly indicates that the secret is out. What isn't out, is the evidence required to materially substantiate these secrets.

As for the whole Dream Team issue, I think it's a shame Rutkowski got himself involved, but he's fortunate to have been somewhat peripheral. BTW. He'd be a good guest to have back on again in the near future. It might be interesting to get his take on the Dream Team debacle.

Last edited:
I think Schmitt's transgression of omission is far less severe than what Imbrogno pulled. We talked about it during his earlier appearance.
Rutkowski? A good guest. Maybe soon.
I'll grant that I don't know all the gory details of both cases, but I do seem to recall the mention of some rather nasty correspondence coming your way that we were led to believe might be associated with, if not composed by Imbrogno. In contrast, I don't think I've ever heard of Schmitt being all indignant or hostile at being found out, and I'm sure that if he had been, he would have gotten the same treatment as Imbrogno. Is that about right? Or am I all messed up there?

On Rukoski as a guest: Ya, I think he should be on once a year to summarize the Canadian UFO statistics, tell us about the best sighting reports he greceived, and yak about general science and ufology. Now would be an added good time to get him because of his Dream Team connection.

I'll grant that I don't know all the gory details of both cases, but I do seem to recall the mention of some rather nasty correspondence coming your way that we were led to believe might be associated with, if not composed by Imbrogno. In contrast, I don't think I've ever heard of Schmitt being all indignant or hostile at being found out, and I'm sure that if he had been, he would have gotten the same treatment as Imbrogno. Is that about right? Or am I all messed up there?

On Rukoski as a guest: Ya, I think he should be on once a year to summarize the Canadian UFO statistics, tell us about the best sighting reports he greceived, and yak about general science and ufology. Now would be an added good time to get him because of his Dream Team connection.
As I said, Schmitt was a postal worker. Nothing to be ashamed of, but he should have mentioned it in his bio. My late father-in-law was a mail handler, and the family lived it down. :)

As I said, Schmitt was a postal worker. Nothing to be ashamed of, but he should have mentioned it in his bio. My late father-in-law was a mail handler, and the family lived it down. :)
It's not that Schmitt was a Postie. I could care less what kind of academic credentials a ufologist has. What's most important is the quality of work one does. It's that according to Don Ecker's recent show, back in the 1990s he was, "embellishing and lying about his accomplishments", including claiming to having a Bachelor's degree from Concordia College, a masters degree from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee ( when he was never actually a student there ), and pursuing a doctorate in criminology from Concordia, which didn't offer doctorate degrees. Has he ever explained this and apologized in any way shape or form to the ufology community? I don't know. He sounds like a nice enough guy otherwise. Personally, If I do go back and finish my degree, I won't bother mentioning it because now anyone with a degree who gets into ufology is automatically suspect. Too bad really.

Last edited:
The ET factor has been overplayed by some UFO researchers who thrive on spotlight media on other shows who themselves ridicule level headed researchers and forgotten about human abilities regarding research and technology development sometimes the clues stare us straight in the face. That's why we at Paracast forums listen to the real investigators such as Darkmatters with Don Ecker not shit copies and Gene and Chris Paracast the original show.

Back