• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 16, 2022

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
October 16, 2022
www.theparacast.com

Hear a Special Shop Talk Episode Featuring Gene Steinberg, Curt Collins and Tim Swartz With an Historical View of the UFO Mystery on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

THIS IS IMPORTANT SO DON'T MISS OUT! YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PARACAST AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment. And if you don't want to use PayPal, we now also offer a second payment option, from Stripe, that accepts major credit or debit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. For "qualified users," you can now take advantage of Pay Later options, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

Note: In last week's issue, the URL for The Paracast+ was scrambled due to a glitch in our mailing list software. If you had a problem reaching the sign-up page, just use the link above, which should work (we hope!).

This Week's Episode: A special shop talk episode featuring a historical perspective of the UFO field with Gene and cohosts Curt Collins and Tim Swartz. Among the topics that will be discussed is the possibility that some UFOs — certainly not all sightings — might have resulted from flights (or crashes?) of test aircraft. And what about possible government mind control experiments involving some flying saucer contactees and abductees? Among other cases, Curt has taken a particular interest in the 1980 Cash-Landrum Texas UFO Encounter. After a career in retail management Curt began writing about UFOs, with a special interest in re-investigating that paradoxical case, from which the eyewitnesses evidently suffered from an assortment of injuries and illnesses. Curt has written entries for such books as "American Myths, Legends, and Tall Tales: An Encyclopedia of American Folklore," "UFOs: Reframing the Debate," and "What’s Wrong with this Picture," examining the “Roswell Slides” fiasco.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on October 16: Shop talk continues with Gene and cohosts Curt Collins and Tim Swartz. There's a discussion of possible alien artifacts and whether they'd be distinguishable from terrestrial objects. What about possible alien messages, and just how would extraterrestrials send them and, in fact, how would they react to our terrestrial transmissions? Consider the collection of news, comedies, drama, sci-fi and other formats? Would they understand the concept of "play acting"? The ongoing Pentagon UAP studies are also on the agenda. Curt Collins has written entries for such books as "American Myths, Legends, and Tall Tales: An Encyclopedia of American Folklore," "UFOs: Reframing the Debate," and "What’s Wrong with this Picture," examining the “Roswell Slides” fiasco.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums/. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: The Official Paracast Shop, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

Does ET Have a Sense of Humor?
By Gene Steinberg

All right, this isn’t quite an original idea. But there’s been plenty of speculation on the motives extraterrestrials might have in visiting Earth, assuming, of course, that UFOs originate offworld.

For the sake of argument, I won’t delve into my skepticism about the theory. Regardless of whether they are here or not, it is, to me, a certainty that there’s life out there in the universe. Some of it is intelligent, some of it no doubt advanced enough to have perfected some form of interstellar travel.

Now when it comes to the UFO mystery, being visited seems perfectly natural. If we had the capability of traveling to other life-bearing worlds, we’d exploit that capability. If there has been no prior contact, we’d have to prepare for any eventuality, even the possibility that ET would not exactly welcome our arrival.

So consider, then, that one or more extraterrestrial races are visiting Earth. Other than exploration, why would they come here? Would it be part of a long-term program, or something more recent? If recent, would that mean that the legends of ancient astronauts have no basis? Or that, if ETs were here then, they came from different worlds?

If it’s all part of a long-term plan, what are the goals? What about the possibility that humans were actually seeded by ET, or that they genetically modified an existing species to make them human?

Are we, in fact, the descendants of ET?

But look at the peculiarities in the behavior of our alleged visitors. Sometimes they appear to be taking soil samples, as depicted in Steven Spielberg’s classic film from 1982, “ET: The Extraterrestrial.” While such behavior would seem perfectly logical, how often must it be repeated before they have acquired all the samples they need?

The same holds true for possible contacts — specifically abductions. If they wanted to examine a sampling of humans, and perhaps extract blood or just DNA for further examination, beyond getting samples of people from different races, sexes and ages, how often would they need to engage in such behavior before they have all the data they would sensibly require?

Now when it comes to abductions, I have long had concerns about what seems to be going on. If the memories of the abductees are correct, and that is not at all certain, why should it happen over and over again?

How many abductees are there anyway? Thousands, hundreds of thousands, or, as some speculate, millions?

Is it possible the aliens who are visiting us are actually students? They are visiting here as part of their education, they regard humans as primitives, and they are only too happy to take advantage of us. When we see ET in connection with a UFO event — or even in the sanctity of our bedrooms — perhaps they are engaged in studies over how to deal with other civilizations.

Abductions? Part of an effort to perfect the ability of performing genetic tests and other procedures. They are, in essence, medical students.

But when they communicate with us, what do we make of what they tell us? Are they truly here to help a primitive race become peaceful and respectful of our planet’s environment? Or are they just playing games with us, to see just how we’d react to psychological trickery?

So many questions, so few answers.

But when people go out and spread ET’s message, are the entities with whom they are in contact laughing — or the alien equivalent of same — at our silly behavior? Do they get a kick out of upsetting the lives of Earthlings?

Indeed, a lot of people who see UFOs, and maybe even have very close encounters with possible space beings, quit their jobs, get divorces and totally rebuild their lives for better or worse. But many others, while quite possibly affected by such encounters, just keep on keeping on.

But it comes down to this: Does ET have a sense of humor? You’d think that any reasonably intelligent creature does. My dog, Teddy Bear, seems to get a kick out of entertaining visitors with his antics. So when I took him to the vet a few weeks back for a “well exam,” he put on a little show for the techs and the doctor by rolling back and forth on his back with his telltale look of possible amusement.

I’m not attempting to evaluate canine psychology here, but this little guy is very intuitive, as dogs are. He even receded into himself, and limped for a time, as I recovered from serious leg surgery recently. As I got better, he got better.

In any case, I wouldn’t presume to guess the motivations of any alien races that might be visiting us, except to consider what we’d do. But I have heard nothing in our planning for space travel that includes messing with the inhabitants of far-off planets to get our jollies.

I suppose it is feasible, particularly when space travel to the stars is commonplace, assuming it will be some day. If extraterrestrials are anything like us, they might regard a trip to a planet in another star system as the equivalent of a drive to a nearby city. They might run lucrative tourist businesses to ferry the inhabitants of their home world(s) to other planets, and leave them to go about their business within the limits of their travel policies.

Or maybe there are no limits after all.

So if they go around and kidnap humans and make them think that advanced aliens are here to help us rather than to harm us, it’s just good clean fun. They might watch abductees and UFO researchers being interviewed on intercepted transmissions, or via their equivalent of an Internet device, and just laugh and laugh at how we took them all seriously.

I can’t say any of this is true, as there’s no way for me to know. Even if a being claiming to be ET told me so, why should I believe them? Indeed, why should any UFO contactee believe they are remembering genuine experiences, and not something inserted into their minds strictly for the amusement of our visitors?

Sure, I can also take the paranoid view that ET is sending out those peaceful messages to soften us up for something worse. But that’s just one more thing we can’t prove.

Copyright 1999-2022 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back