• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 28, 2021

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
November 28, 2021
www.theparacast.com

Researcher/scientist Dr. Colm Kelleher Reveals the Incredible Inside Story Behind the U.S. Government's UAP Study on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene and special guest cohost Curt Collins present Colm Kelleher, a co-author of "Skinwalkers at the Pentagon: An Insiders' Account of the Secret Government UFO Program" with James T. Lacatski and George Knapp. The book unmasks the massive scope of the Pentagon’s landmark UFO study that ran from the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington, D.C. The Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications Program, or AAWSAP investigated the “Tic Tac” and other “nuts and bolts” UFO events, analyzed intrusions of UFOs onto US military bases, as well as probed the plethora of bizarre phenomena that government investigators encountered on Skinwalker Ranch. You will learn what the widely-publicized reports in The New York Times and other media outlets never revealed about the origins of AAWSAP, and the ongoing physical effects suffered by many UFO eyewitnesses. It is not what you expect!

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on November 28: Gene and special guest cohost Curt Collins discuss the unexpected outcome of the appearance of researcher and scientist Colm Kelleher on The Paracast, in connection with the publication of the book of which he was a co-author, “Skinwalkers at the Pentagon: An Insiders’ Account of the Secret Government UFO Program.” The discussion covers the implications of the apparently misleading New York Times reports that formed the basis of the initial perception of the government’s program to investigate UAPs. What about the revelation that the funds used to pay MUFON (a civilian UFO group) for its work with AAWSAP came from the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency? How will the implications of the work Dr. Kelleher and his team performed be explained to a public looking for evidence that extraterrestrials are among us?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: https://www.theparacast.com/forum/. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop/, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

So What About the People?
By Gene Steinberg

UFO sightings are generally thought of as strictly external events. You see a strange flying object in the sky, no matter how it behaves, and it’s little or no different from seeing a conventional airplane. You see one, you see the other; no harm done.

In fact, that’s how so many UFO investigators treat the phenomenon, but it appears to exclude a wealth of important data.

It’s one reason why I have often argued that such UFO groups as MUFON ought to record more information about the witnesses other than basic demographic details and to determine whether they are credible.

So I also recall a story from a fellow UFO guy back in the late 1960s, when he told me of a series of sightings involving him and his girl friend at the time. It appeared almost as if the phenomenon grabbed ahold of their lives, became a terrifying hitchhiker that caused all sorts of grief that included poltergeist effects.

There was nothing particularly unusual about that story, because others who have seen UFOs often have confronted other paranormal episodes through their lives and those of their families and friends. Once you attract the unknown, it won’t go away.

But it’s not just the things that happen around you. In some cases, the people who have close encounters with UFOs suffer severe physical effects. One notable case occurred on the night of December 29, 1980 near Dayton, Texas, which involved Betty Cash, Vickie Landrum and a seven-year-old, Colby Landrum.

In the days that followed a close-up UFO encounter, they all suffered from a number of physical symptoms that included nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, a burning sensation in their eyes, and symptoms of possible sunburn.

Over the years, it appeared that Cash suffered the worse, and her ailments ultimately included breast cancer and cataracts.

Now it’s perfectly true that people do suffer from such conditions during the normal course of their lives without coming into close proximity to a flying saucer. But the onset of the symptoms in this instance evidently followed that singular event, the sighting of a low-level UFO.

Just three days earlier, John Burroughs was just one of a number of soldiers who saw a UFO in Rendlesham Forest in the UK. Over the years, Burroughs continued to suffer from what appeared to be some sort of radiation poisoning, ultimately resulting in the need for heart surgery to replace a failed mitral valve.

It took years to persuade the U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) to pay for his ongoing treatment. On the March 1, 2015 episode of The Paracast, we brought on Burroughs and his attorney to explain the details of the illness, and the subsequent victory over the government to grant medical disability coverage.

We wish him well.

It’s perfectly reasonable to suggest that Burroughs could have received radiation poisoning, if that’s what he had, from a source other than a UFO. And many people do otherwise suffer from heart valve problems during their lifetimes without encountering a UFO, although Burroughs was younger than the usual victim.

In fact, the first cardiologist I visited to check on a heart arrhythmia issue was pushing for me to replace two valves, including the mitral valve. A skeptical doctor I visited for a second opinion concluded that my valve leakage symptoms were minor and I did not require further treatment for those problems. But I still ended up with needing two stents, one in the left coronary artery and, soon, in my left leg.

In fairness, I am quite a bit older than Burroughs, and I have not had any UFO or other paranormal encounters that I know about.

But still, the impact of possible cause and effect illnesses in the Cash-Landrum and Rendlesham cases are of concern.

Unfortunately, without an overt onset of symptoms, it’s hard to know how many others might have suffered from ongoing illnesses after UFO sightings. Or that they are even related.

On the other hand, encountering other paranormal phenomena, such as strange apparitions, poltergeists and other strange effects around the time of a UFO encounter becomes particularly troubling.

And, unfortunately, such experiences are often ignored by UFO investigators who continue to treat the phenomenon as a singular event not related to any other encounters. So it may be regarded as a mere coincidence if the circumstances are even explored.

This is one reason why our guest this week, Dr. Colm Kelleher, a co-author of “Skinwalkers at the Pentagon: An Insiders’ Account of the Secret Government UFO Program” along with James T. Lacatski and George Knapp, talked of ongoing studies of the lives of UFO witnesses.

He cites the strange goings on at Skinwalker Ranch in Utah as notable examples of ongoing Fortean events. As you will hear on the show, Kelleher says such expanded probes were very much a part of the work he and his colleagues did under that infamous $22 million government UAP contract, and that further studies might also be in the cards for ongoing research.

Of course, it’s hard enough to suggest a possible offworld or extraterrestrial origin for UFOs. Suggesting that witnesses might suffer from ongoing physical and mental harm as a result, not to mention confronting psychic phenomena, isn’t going to get a warm and fuzzy reaction from the authorities.

Plus, the suggestion that encountering a UFO might be dangerous to your health raises all sorts of concerns and complications. If such things occur, is it the result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, a deliberate effect by ET to infect us with alien microbes, or the natural consequence of facing the unknown?

But if it does involve some sort of alien disease, perhaps it’s an unfortunate accident, or perhaps they just don’t care. Perhaps don’t regard humans as important enough in the scheme of things to fret over whether we are being harmed by their presence.

Regardless, if a paranormal encounter has the risk of causing physical and mental harm, I’d really prefer to be somewhere else if something strange happened nearby. Well, at least until we have a better understanding of what’s really going on, so we can somehow deal with it.

Copyright 1999-2021 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back