• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- November 21, 2009

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Your Paracast Newsletter -- November 21, 2009

THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 21, 2009

The International Director of MUFON Meets Gene and David on The Paracast

Some Straight Talk About Donations: Some of you have asked David and me about our day jobs. Well, without going into details that you probably don't care about, I have a technology site and a tech radio show -- and we both have The Paracast. We do receive a small amount of revenue from ads, but it's definitely not sufficient to put food on the table. So we hope you readers and listeners will, if you can, help make up some of the difference, which is why we humbly and regularly request your donations. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. Or just send your contribution via PayPal to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

You Can Now Order The Official Paracast T-Shirt: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and a collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt, just pay a visit to our new online store at Welcome to The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We now also offer a lineup of other premium merchandise featuring The Paracast logo.

Sunday, November 22, 2009: The Paracast, with Gene Steinberg and David Biedny, covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast hosts interview long-time researchers in the field, to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join Gene and David as they explore the realms of the known and unknown, and hear great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: James Carrion, International Director of MUFON, talks about the organization’s 40-year history of UFO research, focusing on key cases, including the controversy over the claims of contactee Stan Romanek.

MUFON's Site: Mutual UFO Network - MUFON - Dedicated to Scientific Study of UFOs

Note: </b>Archives of previous episodes are available for free download direct from the site or via a Podcast directory, such as Apple iTunes.

Reminder: Don't forget to visit our active Discussion Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal (and note our new Internet address): https://www.theparacast.com/forum/</p> Was it All Government Misinformation?

When the late contactee George Adamski claimed to have met up with space people in the California desert in 1952, aside from a core group of believers, most people in and out of the UFO field didn?t believe a word of it.

However, few realized that Adamski wrote a science fiction book about a similar set of experiences several years earlier, only the entity who visited him was Jesus.

Serious UFO researchers tend to agree that Adamski was looking for a medium in which to express his philosophy. Placing his beliefs in the mouths of superior beings would make them seem more credible, and there?s certainly nothing wrong with talking about peace and brotherhood.

Some feel, however, that Adamski might have indeed had a genuine paranormal encounter at some point in time, but embellished the story through retellings until it took on a life of its own. At another time, he was quoted as saying that you sometimes had to go through the ?back door? in order to get the truth out.

Adamski was only the first of many individuals who arose during the early days of the UFO field claiming to have been in touch with ET. One of those individuals, the late Howard Menger, actually made an attempt to recant his claims some years later.

I?ve mentioned this on the air and in these columns previously. In those days, I was working for Jim Moseley, now editor of ?Saucer Smear? in its original incarnation as ?Saucer News.? It was, in fact, my first full-time job, a way to finance my education.

Well, one day Menger called, suggesting we have lunch with him because he had something important to tell us. Understand that Jim was highly skeptical of the reality of Menger?s claims, and I shared my confusion about what this was all about.

We didn?t engage in any speculation ahead of that meeting, which took place at a diner across the street from Jim?s office. Menger greeted us warmly and went on to explain that he felt his visitors were actually government agents, that he had participated in some sort of experiment in mind control.

Well, it?s certainly true that the U.S. government has engaged in a number of questionable practices over the years, including administering psychedelic drugs to test subjects. It doesn?t seem unreasonable to consider the possibility that some UFO cases, particularly those involving alleged contact with aliens, and particularly abductions, might have been instigated by disinformation agents.

I know I?m going to receive some nasty letters from some of you when I suggest the Betty and Barney Hill case as one that might fit into this category. Consider that the Hills lived near a military base and were close friends with the soldiers who lived in that community. It doesn?t matter in retrospect how such an episode was staged, only that it is a possibility that might be taken seriously.

Now this isn?t meant as a put down of the Hills. I met Betty Hill on several occasions in the 1970s, and she impressed me as a gracious woman who was genuinely sincere. Regardless of what happened and how it happened, she definitely believed every word of it. I only present the possibility of government involvement strictly as a matter of speculation, rather than as something that?s a very real possibility.

In the end, if the government is or was somehow engaged in creating fake UFO events, you have to wonder about their motives. Worse, after all these years, how do you separate disinformation from reality -- or can you?

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, "The Paracast"

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2009 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back