• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- November 18, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 18, 2012

Incredible Near-Death Experiences Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing Our Holiday Fund Raising Campaign: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present author PMH Atwater, who has engaged in an extensive study, spanning four decades, of near-death experiences. The discussion will include her three near-death experiences dating back to the 1970s, how her life changed as a result. We'll also cover some of her books, including "Near-Death Experiences, The Rest of the Story," and "The Big Book of Near Death Experiences: The Ultimate Guide to What Happens When We Die."

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

PMH Atwater's Site: http://pmhatwater.com/

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Some More Shop Talk
By Gene Steinberg

Rather than cover the larger issues of UFOs and the paranormal, this time I’m going to focus on personal and show-related matters. It’s a surprise to me that the “Shop Talk” episodes that Chris and I have done seem to garner the largest response of all.

Some of what I’ll discuss in this column has already been mentioned on the show from time to time, but I did want to set things down in this form in case you have more questions.

This is something our critics keep getting wrong: The Paracast is a hybrid radio show. Due to our affiliation with GCN, we are heard on a growing number of regular (terrestrial) radio stations in the U.S. But we’re also heard online, live, on-demand, or via download from GCN’s site and our own. You can subscribe to The Paracast on iTunes, and other services including Microsoft, Nokia, RIM and many more. If you know of a podcast directory we’re not listed in yet, please let us know.

The ongoing success of The Paracast, and our other radio program, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, depends on getting more stations to carry us. That’s not an easy task and, without a huge marketing budget, we need to call upon you listeners to help. The best approach is to contact the talk stations in your city, even if they carry that “other” paranormal show, and ask that they include us in their programming schedule. This takes persistence, but stations will respond once they hear The Paracast for themselves.

If you do get serious interest, please send us the contact information right away, so GCN’s affiliate people can be set into motion. They’ll take care of the rest.

While being on terrestrial radio makes the show more attractive to advertisers, some of you are concerned about the number of spots we run. This is the price of free radio, and we follow the same ad schedule as thousands of other shows. In case you’re wondering, though, we aren’t paid for network or local station ads, just our own (nine minutes per show). We don’t have a voice in the ads the network or local stations choose, and we have to present the shows with all ads intact, even the podcast versions.

Yes, I realize some of you would be willing to pay for an ad-free version, but until the network is willing to accept such an arrangement, we have to leave things as they are. I do realize some of those wacky reviews we get at iTunes imply otherwise, but the people who post those claims are just making things up.

A few of you have suggested giving up the network affiliation and just making the show available for a modest price, say a dollar or two per episode. That sounds good, until you realize that we’d lose 98% of our audience that way, making it impossible to get even a few advertisers, and without replacing the revenue they provide (such as it is). With the sad state of the economy, I realize few people have the spare change to spend on a radio show every week. We promised that you will always be able to hear The Paracast free of charge, and that won’t change.

Some of you also wonder why we put in a request for your donations in each newsletter and on the site. Well, if we had enough paid ads for the show, we wouldn’t ask. Many of the ads you hear from us are just fillers. In fact, we continue to look for a sales/marketing wizard to help take the show to the next level, so if you know of someone who might want the job, or want to apply yourself, let us know.

Going forward, things are going to change anyway. As you’ve noticed from the past few episodes, the focus continues to expand beyond UFOs. This weekend, for example, the topic is near-death experiences, a subject we’ve never covered before, and a subject your humble host has not fully explored. There are lots of mysteries yet to present, so expect the unexpected.

There is also the ongoing plan for Paracast Plus, a premium version of the show that, obviously, cannot include an ad-free version right now. But it can mean special interactive online conferences, unique multimedia content and even a private message board for subscribers. One possibility is a monthly magazine of some sort, strictly online of course, but more in keeping with what I used to do years ago.

But Paracast Plus isn’t something I can just throw out there and hope it sticks. There’s still backend work required for the site and forum for which I need volunteer help to complete. Once the infrastructure is set, the premium service can start. Let me repeat this again, though: The Paracast is a free radio show. Paracast Plus is an option, an option we hope you’ll want, but it doesn’t replace the show.

If you have ideas for enhancing the show and to flesh out Paracast Plus, let us know. Once again, if you want to apply for that sales/marketing job, just send a resume to us for review. We’re also running a Holiday Fundraising Campaign to bring in some extra cash for your long-suffering hosts, and we hope you’ll find a few extra dollars to send.

And for those who’ve asked about the condition of Jim Moseley, editor of “Saucer Smear,” he is still hospitalized in Key West, FL, and undergoing treatment for cancer. He is hanging on, but he needs your well wishes and your prayers. We need Jim Moseley. I need Jim Moseley, and I hope he will somehow recover and go on.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Also try your local schools, colleges and adult education providers. There are lots of people that can do website construction these days and have no place to work ... so at least you could offer them a place to hone their skills.

Funny. A few years ago, I tried that with students at ASU. Had someone volunteer to do some work, and they started and stopped. Never heard from them again. So perhaps I was a little down on the process. The reason I mention it here is the hope that people familiar with our stuff would find it easier to come up with neat ideas for the sites.

Back