• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 15, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 15, 2015
www.theparacast.com

We Explore the UFODATA project with Mark Rodeghier and Leslie Kean on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE!: We have another radio show, and for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast without the network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes and we give free ebooks for long-term subscriptions. A Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. Check out our new “Lifetime” membership, and subscribe BEFORE November 16, 2015 to avoid the price increase and lock in the current rates! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: We cover the forthcoming UFODATA project that is designed to create a worldwide network of surveillance stations that would be designed to detect possible UFO activity. You can read more information on the project in an article published by The Huffington Post: (Very) Local SETI: The Launch of a New UFO Science, Our guests include Mark Rodeghier, Ph.D., the scientific director and president of the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies and Leslie Kean, an investigative journalist and author of UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record. We’ll also cover Chris O’Brien’s San Luis Valley Camera Project.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

UFODATA Project: UFODATA Project

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on November 15:Gene and Chris are, at last, feeling more positive about the state of UFO research. But Chris expresses his concerns about the UFODATA project, particularly about the practical application of making it happen. What kind of personnel would it require? How will they develop and integrate software to manage all the equipment? We speculate on how a possible network setup would integrate all the test stations. He also talks about his own experiences in trying to set up the San Luis Valley Camera Project, and repeats his offer to work with the people at UFODATA to help the cause. Gene and Chris suggest a test case, configuring one surveillance station to determine if it can produce potentially positive results before adding additional detection systems in other parts of the world.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

The UFO Mystery: Is There a Solution?

By Gene Steinberg

Some of you are no doubt bored over hearing me talk about the history of the UFO field, and why we do not seem to have learned very much from that history. So I’ve examined the conclusions drawn about the enigma back in the 1950s, and how little has changed 60 years later.

The prevailing theory is that UFOs must be spaceships. Key reasons include the fact that they appear to be solid, metallic objects capable of flying at extraordinary speeds and making pinpoint turns. Nothing we have in our arsenal, then or now, comes close, therefore the saucers must come from somewhere else, no doubt a planet orbiting another star system.

The theory is largely based on the belief that we are dealing with a real phenomenon that, more or less, adheres to our physical laws, even if ET is more advanced than we are.

But there have been variations on a theme. I still recall the all-night gabfest I had with fellow researcher T. Allen Greenfield in a New York City hotel room in the mid-1960s. Young and foolish, we never considered joining celebrants since it was New Years Eve. Instead we bought some takeout food and talked about flying saucers.

It so happens that Allen brought with him a copy of a fantasy book, “The Incomplete Enchanter,” by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt. First of a series of stories, it told the tale of psychologist Harold Shea who, along with his colleagues, discovers the secret of visiting parallel worlds where magic operates.

Such a connection might seem obvious. Since UFOs at times appear to pay lip service to the laws of physics, particularly when they wink in and wink out, maybe they do come from an alternate reality or parallel universe. Perhaps the act of jumping into our reality is part of the winking in effect, and winking out means they’re returning to that other reality. UFOs are usually spotted hovering or in flight, and when they appear to speed away, it’s not altogether clear that they have actually vanished. Perhaps they just accelerated real fast.

The core of the theory might expand upon the possible sources for UFOs, and time travelers might be another if such a thing can actually be accomplished, but it assumes a physical object that can travel from one place to another. It doesn’t matter if that place is another planet, a planet in another universe, or somewhere in time.

Over the years, some have claimed to be in contact with the entities or beings that pilot the flying saucers. Quite often, they deliver a message of peace and brotherhood, expressing deep concerns over our warlike behavior and our penchant to despoil the environment.

But it’s not as if you can necessarily believe them. Why should you? It may be that ET, or whatever they are, are merely giving us a cover story for reasons only known to themselves. Perhaps the real story is not only unknown but unknowable.

Again, all this assumes physical craft, physical beings, which we can smell and touch and sometimes hear. Well, when they aren’t communicating by mental telepathy of course.

Again, these are assumptions based on witnessing a real event that is being perceived by our senses in the same way as any other real event might be perceived.

But some researchers speculate that the experience may, in part, be a factor of our subconscious, that we are interacting with a force that manifests itself in a way we understand. So we live in a society that is making crude attempts at space travel. It stands to reason that life that exists elsewhere, in this reality or another, might be further advanced than we are and thus are able to come here. Whether the mechanism of such travel involves flying from here to there, or just popping in and out, is anyone’s guess.

It’s not a big stretch speculate about another spacefaring race, hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than we are, developing the means to travel great distances, or across dimensions, to visit other worlds. After all, our own scientists are discovering possible life-bearing worlds, orbiting other star systems, on a fairly regular basis. Assuming the conditions are present to support life, and we’re still thinking of life as we know it, it only stands to reason that some of these civilizations might be advanced enough to develop some form of spacecraft, and are thus coming here.

The means of travel might include decades-long trips in giant mother ships that are the equivalent of flying cities, or craft that uses some sort of impossible faster-than-light scheme, such as warp drive.

But there’s no reason yet to assume that any extraterrestrials are actually interested in coming here. That may be so, but there is, as yet, a lack of physical evidence that indicates the true source of the UFOs. Indeed, if there are several civilizations within our galactic neighborhood, perhaps UFO researcher Stanton T. Friedman is correct when he theorizes the we have visitors from different civilizations.

The theories expand from there. Beyond an inscrutable phenomenon that interacts with us in ways we can’t understand, there is speculation that UFOs come from Earth. Yes Earth.

Legends of other races living within caverns in different parts of the world are legion. It is also the stuff of science fiction, and there have even been theories that the Earth is hollow, that we could enter this subterranean civilization via holes at the north and south poles.

There have been books written on the subject, and it formed the basis of the Pellucidar series of sci-fi novels written in the early part of the 20th century by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the same author who created Tarzan and John Carter of Mars. Indeed, in one of Burroughs’ novels, he had Tarzan make a trip to the interior of the Earth to save the day.

Decades ago, the famous (or infamous if you prefer) sci-fi writer/editor and paranormal author Ray Palmer wrote a number of articles for his Flying Saucers magazine suggesting the existence of a hollow Earth. To confuse matters further, Palmer later claimed that this other civilization was somehow astral rather than physical. So it’s not as if you could actually fly into one of the holes at the poles to get from here to there.

No, I’m not suggesting Palmer’s theory had a basis in fact. He was very much involved in thinking outside of the box, pushing his readers with provocative articles to consider other possibilities for the solution to the UFO mystery.

Today, however, we continue to search for physical UFOs. There are several projects afoot to set up measuring stations, or camera networks, to record physical UFO activity in various parts of the world. I wish the project coordinators, which include our co-host, Chris O’Brien, well. I only hope that the ever-elusive force behind the UFOs won’t let us down by going elsewhere when these surveillance stations are installed and doing their thing.

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Well, iHeart Radio is a different network. We are heard on nearly two dozen GCN stations in the U.S., plus the usual online haunts, such as iTunes, Stitcher, etc.

I just sent a request in to the Director of the Chorus Entertainment Radio division to consider getting your show onto their radio network up here. I don't expect much of a response, but I hope you don't mind. I'd sooner see the Paracast on once a week than 7 days of C2C.

Thanks for your support. How are you getting along?
Even when I was banned I'd still tell people they should check out the show. The Paracast has always had my support :). For me personally: After noticing the growing pile of TV dinners the other day, it suddenly dawned on me that on top of everything else, I'm going to have to somehow adjust to being "single" again ... LOL. So at least I'm beginning to see some dark humor in my situation. Thanks for asking. How about you?

Last edited:
Back