• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 13, 2010

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
YMore Classic UFO Research Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM (Central Time) on the GCN radio network.

The Paracast Humbly Requests Your Donations: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough, and we don't want to overwhelm the show with them, so we hope you'll be willing to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, right below our logo. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

You Can Now Order The Official Paracast T-Shirt: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and a collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt, just pay a visit to our new online store at Welcome to The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We now also offer a lineup of other premium merchandise featuring The Paracast logo.

Sunday, November 14, 2010: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast hosts interview long-time researchers in the field, to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join us as we explore the realms of the known and unknown, and hear great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Co-host Christopher O’Brien presents a rare radio appearance by Dr. Frank Salisbury, a noted scientist and long-time UFO researcher, and author of “The Utah UFO Display: A Scientist’s Report.” You’ll learn about the history of UFO investigation and about the prospects for disclosure in the 21st century.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Home - Our Strange Planet

Dr. Salisbury's Site: The Utah UFO Display

Reminder: Don't forget to visit our always-active Discussion Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal (and note our new Internet address): The Paracast Community Forums.

Revisiting Petty Disputes
By Gene Steinberg

The phrase “can’t we just get along” rarely applies to people who are involved in UFO research. There are so many approaches and conclusions, it’s no wonder there has been extremely little progress in figuring out what’s really going on.

Yes, I realize the most popular point of view among those who accept UFO reality is that we are dealing with visitors from another planet, no doubt located in a far-off solar system. The recent report of a potential “Goldilocks” planet, one that has the conditions that may support live as well know it, only buttresses the contention that they exist, and are probably already among us.

Regardless of whether or not there are intelligent beings elsewhere, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they have visited the Earth now or in the past. That’s something that just can’t be proved, at least not yet. Even though UFOs exhibit advanced maneuverability that is far beyond what we’re capable of doesn’t necessarily indicate their origin. Even if someone lands in one of those craft, and claims to be from outer space, there is no reason to take what they say as gospel. They might be telling a cover story for reasons best known to themselves, or just plain lying. How can we possibly know?

Of course that’s but a tiny subsection of some of the heated arguments that persist among UFO enthusiasts. In the old days, these debates were sometimes carried out in person, on a radio or TV station, in print, and, most often, by regular mail. I engaged in lots of debates on this and other subjects over the years by writing letters.

These days, I still write what you might call “letters,” but they are sent via email, or perhaps posted in an online forum. Our Official Paracast Community Forums is a typical message board where loads of people talk about everything under the sun, or perhaps beyond the sun. You’ll see discussions not just about UFOs, or general paranormal fare, but your favorite TV shows and movies, and perhaps your favorite musical acts.

Sometimes the discussions get way out of control, so we’re reluctantly forced to take a few extra steps to settle things down. Most often, a discussion thread, a bunch of messages on the same topic, is simply closed. On a rare occasion, the offending member is banned from the forums. I usually leave most of the heavy lifting to my three forum moderators, which include frequent co-host Chris O’Brien, Ron Collins, and Angelo Fiorentino.

Sometimes I have cause to get involved myself, witness the eternal discussion involving the brouhaha over a woman who calls herself “Emma Woods,” a UFO abductee, and researcher Dr. David Jacobs. “Woods” has staged a vigorous campaign accusing Jacobs of engaging in abusive tactics while she was working with him. In response, Jacobs says that “Woods,” whom he calls “Alice” for some unknown reason, betrayed symptoms of having a severe personality disorder, began to stalk him via email and phone calls, so he finally told her to go away.

Now my public position has been quite consistent on the issue. I find fault with both sides, and I will not bore the reader by repeating those concerns all over again. However, in the wake of a recent article on the subject in UFO Magazine, this sad episode has resurfaced. Unfortunately, my position on the matter, clearly stated on many occasions, is still being misrepresented.

An online article appeared where the author entered something akin to Disney’s Fantasyland in falsifying, yet again, my very simple position on the subject, as stated above. I won’t provide the link to the article because I do not wish to reward those who suffer from substandard reading skills, or just want to cause trouble, with more traffic for their blogs.

But it occurs to me that, if people can’t agree on the most simple expressions of one’s position, it will probably be impossible to agree on what the final answer to the UFO might be.

On the other hand, I suppose the forces responsible for UFOs could always settle the argument once and for all by revealing their presence, their origin and purpose, in a public demonstration that will be witnessed across the planet. Then again, people will probably disagree about that event too.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2010 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back