• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- March 17, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
March 17, 2013

The Djinn and Other Supernatural Creatures Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com. And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should work properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a return visit from paranormal researcher and author Rosemary Ellen Guiley, author of a new book on a mysterious and powerful race of often evil entities known as the Djinn, entitled: "The Djinn Connection: The Hidden Links Between Djinn, Shadow People, ETs, Nephilim, Archons, Reptilians and Other Entities." You'll also hear Rosemary answer listener questions about her ongoing research.

Chris O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Rosemary Ellen Guiley's Site: Rosemary Ellen Guiley | Paranormal Research | Ghosts & Hauntings - Visionary Living

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Serious Obstacles Against Getting a Good UFO Picture
By Gene Steinberg

For the sake of argument, let’s assume that UFOs are solid aircraft and thus can be photographed if you’re in the right place at the right time. True, there have even been loads of UFO photos published, but most of them don’t hold up to proper analysis. Even if you dismiss the obvious fakes, such as models and kites, and photoshopping a photo to add some special effects, most of the images are just too blurry to recognize as anything unusual.

Take this example: The other day, a listener sent a pair of photos taken with a smartphone. Even though the best of today’s smartphones can deliver photos almost as good as a regular camera, getting a usable image of something distant in the sky is extremely difficult under any circumstance. With the photos in question, there was some sort of circular light all right, but blowing it up in a certain photo editing app yielded nothing but a larger blur immersed in pixels.

The sighting may well have involved a genuine unknown all right, but the photographic evidence doesn’t prove a thing one way or the other.

Even in the old days, before digital editing and retouching become commonplace, UFO photos were mostly of little value. Only a precious few seemed to deliver compelling images of something unusual. It is true that a single detailed photograph of some sort of unknown aircraft that looks like what we would regard as a spaceship would be compelling enough, particularly if accompanied by solid multiple eyewitness testimony. Even more so before digital photography brought simple fakery to the masses.

So it is true that there are some UFO photos that appear to defy easy explanation, and thus evoke fascinating possibilities that we are being visited by some unknown force. But such opportunities don’t seem to come very often.

Consider the obstacles in getting a clear picture of any sort of flying apparatus. Imagine, for the moment, that you see a large circular light or even a distinct object flying in the sky. You may have the smartphone in your pocket, but, in the rush of excitement, would you remember to take it out and try to capture a photo or a movie? When it comes to taking a movie, you need to try not to shake your handset too much while it captures the image, which is far from easy. Some of the more expensive models, from Apple, Samsung, and other makers, do offer some sort of digital stabilization to reduce the visual impact of not being able to hold your smartphone steadily. Since you can’t just attach them to the tripod, you have to remember to turn on the feature, which is usually an option, and hope it is sufficiently robust to deliver a clear, stable image of something that’s apt to be really tiny unless the UFO is real close.

Let me put my cards on the table. I’ve owned a number of cameras over the years. Some were cheap, others fairly expensive. I used to develop black and white photos by myself, and I did a pretty good job of it too. But I was never lucky enough to see that UFO with a camera at hand. It just didn’t happen for me, although I did once see a rapidly moving unidentified object that was little more than a light in the sky.

Yes, I realize there are a number of UFO clubs around the world with dedicated members who are equipped with the proper cameras and various and sundry forms of scientific instrumentation. Many of them go on regular skywatches, in the hope of seeing something unusual and capturing the image on film or a memory card. But how many usable photos or movies have come out of those efforts? Even when something strange is seen, this extra level of evidence is missing in action, or so blurry as to be essentially useless.

Does the paucity of good photographic evidence mean that UFOs were strictly conventional aircraft or phenomena all along? Not necessarily. Getting a good photo of anything when the excitement or fear level is high is far from easy.

If we want to take the speculation to the next level, some suggest the “UFOnauts” do not want us to prove UFOs are real. They mess with your mind, so you won’t remember to break out that camera or phone, or even hold it steady. Or maybe they make sure they fly a little too high for anyone without a telescopic lens on hand to capture a usable image. Perhaps they implant screen memories so you never truly recall what actually happened, and please don’t get me started about the controversial argument of recalling the forgotten details of a paranormal encounter with hypnotic regression.

The larger question, though, is whether the force or forces behind the UFO enigma wants us to take clear, identifiable photos. But that’s assuming facts not really in evidence. We just don’t know. Surely something that is clear as day to the naked eye should be capable of being photographed and reveal the same level of compelling detail. But that assumes that we are seeing what’s really there, and not some sort of apparition that intrudes itself upon our subconscious in some unknown fashion.

Indeed, the UFO mystery has never been something capable of easy explanation. Even if they are spaceships, as many believe, doesn’t mean that they don’t have control over how we perceive them.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

What's your take on the idea that military jets and camera crews have actually taken high quality gun-camera and other films but refuse to disclose it? After all, we have some pretty good insider testimony on that. I personally remember seeing the original airing of the In Search Of show on UFOs that suddenly cut into some film taken by a film crew at an archaeological dig. They cut the show short and that film was never shown again, nor did it appear on the video release of the show. I can't even find anyone else who has seen it, and Nimoy has been silent on it. But I swear it happened because I never missed an episode. So it isn't just the UFOs who don't want us to have pictures ... it's our own people ... not to mention these MIB types who have confiscated film. Sure ... sure ... I can hear the skeptics now, but I agree with you Gene, the lack of quality photographic evidence is more than coincidental, and I can't help but think that the huge number of fake videos we see out there on the Internet includes a healthy dose of disinformation so that if someone does manage to get something good posted nobody will believe it anyway.

I've heard of it. But it would be nice to see a real photo of the thing.

I also wonder why UFOs can't just cloak themselves to hide from radar.

I've heard of it. But it would be nice to see a real photo of the thing.

I also wonder why UFOs can't just cloak themselves to hide from radar.

Modern military radar is so powerful that it can actually pick out surface details on targets. The complete specifications are classified, but if we know that much, imagine how good it really is. So I suspect that it's just not as easy to elude military radar as they ( the UFOs ) would like it to be.

On a separate note, I've been so busy upgrading my website that I haven't been sifting through the recent reports. Can you post a few links to the really good recent sighting reports you alluded to?

What about Gordon Cooper's story: Astronaut Gordon Cooper Witnesses UFO Landing at Edwards AFB - Edwards AFB, California, United States - , 1957 - UFO Evidence

Do you think his story is reasonable to believe?

Personally I find it harder to believe these agencies don't have both conclusive film and radar records than that they don't.

Cooper's story certainly is interesting and something to think about. I've noticed something about a lot of these UFO whistle blowers that come from NASA and government agencies in general: they're all Scottish Rite Freemasons. Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I do find it odd that these people who come from government agencies and come forward on UFO's almost all have this shared connection to what could be called a secret society.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here either, maybe it's just a case of a bunch of rich, accomplished guys saying "hey, let's screw with the plebs and see what we can get them to believe!" Kind of like a Liar's Club. If I was going to suggest a conspiracy, I would posit that this may have more to do with certain alphabet agencies testing how controversial information is spread and digested, or testing the influence of people who are viewed to be heroes on public opinion. It's probably nothing like that in reality, it's just something that struck me in passing that I figured I'd write up for the hell of it. I haven't been on much lately because of a death in the family and being out of town after that, this is literally the first thread I've felt like responding to in awhile. Anyway I'd be interested in hearing what others think about this or if there are any of these high ranking astronaut whistle blowers that I've overlooked with no connections to Freemasonry or other similar secret societies. Please don't think I've gone off the deep end, it's just speculation and it's all in good fun.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here either, maybe it's just a case of a bunch of rich, accomplished guys saying "hey, let's screw with the plebs and see what we can get them to believe!" Kind of like a Liar's Club.

My speculation is that people in mysterious, elite, clandestine clubs are much more likely to believe in strange things. Some, for example, are racists in white sheets. Others tend to believe that repeating benign secret rituals will elevate their social status. Others simply believe that aliens land in the desert just to say hello.

I think that when you apply for a position working for NASA or other alphabet groups the second question after 'Name of Applicant' is 'Secret Society Affiliation.' After all you have to be special to work there and only special people have the secret knowledge that the rest of us plebs want to know about.

Does the paucity of good photographic evidence mean that UFOs were strictly conventional aircraft or phenomena all along? Not necessarily. Getting a good photo of anything when the excitement or fear level is high is far from easy.

The larger question, though, is whether the force or forces behind the UFO enigma wants us to take clear, identifiable photos. But that’s assuming facts not really in evidence. We just don’t know. Surely something that is clear as day to the naked eye should be capable of being photographed and reveal the same level of compelling detail. But that assumes that we are seeing what’s really there, and not some sort of apparition that intrudes itself upon our subconscious in some unknown fashion.

Indeed, the UFO mystery has never been something capable of easy explanation. Even if they are spaceships, as many believe, doesn’t mean that they don’t have control over how we perceive them.

These are things I wonder about as well.

I recently ran into the house to get a good camera to capture a low fireball streaking across the sky. By the time I was back out again it had dipped below the treeline. Try whipping out your cellphone to capture low planes overhead - forget it. Add fear ad wonder to the situation and you are shooting bubkis. You can't even get the camera into your hands in these situations.

Still, in an age with so many image capturing devices you'd think we'd have a lot more than photoshoped fakery to look at. Instead, all the classic photos keep getting debunked over time.

So there are few remaining options: as suggested above they don't want to be photographed, or perhaps they can't be photographed, or they just don't exist at all.

I think sometimes that in the moments we describe as anomalous experiences we are in a mind place that cameras are useless in. Why more concrete anomalous events have not been recorded visually is beyond me. I really believe that the big bad gov't knows about as much as everyone else here on the forum knows.

Back