• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — March 15, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
March 15, 2015
www.theparacast.com

Incredible Monsters in America Explored on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing The Paracast+: You asked for it! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to a higher-quality ad-free version of The Paracast, chat rooms, and don’t miss our exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring politically incorrect color commentary, and other exclusive content. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes, and The Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: For a change of pace, we present Linda Godfrey, author of a recent new book,“American Monsters: A History of Monster Lore, Legends, and Sightings in America.” According to the publisher, “From pre-Columbian legends to modern-day eyewitness accounts, this comprehensive guide covers the history, sightings and lore surrounding the most mysterious monsters in America — including Bigfoot, the Jersey Devil, and more.” As with our previous session with Linda, this episode will focus more on amazing and sometimes frightening case histories than just about theorizing.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Linda Godfrey’s Site: Lindagodfrey's Blog | Author & Investigator of Strange Creatures

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Do We Have Enough Case Histories Yet?
By Gene Steinberg

Years ago, when I was working at my first full-time job, as Managing Editor of Jim Moseley’s Saucer News, I often heard Jim remark that he’d grown real tired of publishing UFO sighting reports. No, he hadn’t become disinterested in UFOs, or their possible reality. He was just bored with writing up reports that were similar to other reports.

How many UFO sightings did it take to provide a reasonable amount of evidence that something awfully strange was going on?

Now these discussions happened in the 1960s, and since then there have been tens and tens of thousands of case histories reported, accumulated and published. Some of them have reached the mainstream media, cable TV news, and reality shows. UFO groups such as MUFON have amassed huge collections of sighting data.

Sure, many of those sightings – the vast majority – are conventional objects or phenomena. That’s the way it’s always been. But it’s that thin residue, the five or ten percent, which forms the core of the UFO mystery. These are the sightings that can’t be attributed to conventional objects or phenomena. After you dismiss airplanes, planets, mirages, what-have-you, you have loads of data for which there is no solution.

Now in the days of Project Blue Book, the U.S. Air Force would attempt to apply a conventional explanation to all sightings, even if they had to stretch the facts, or ignore critical evidence. After all was said and done, there was yet another excuse sometimes bandied about, that there was insufficient information to reach a conclusion. Only that category was usually separate from unknowns, which appeared to have enough information to dismiss the conventional answers.

Those Project Blue Book case histories have been online for some years. An aborted effort by The Black Vault’s John Greenewald to make hay of it and claim he had access to something exclusive fell apart. All that material has been taken down, but you can still Google Project Blue Book’s evidence and be rewarded with loads of compelling sighting reports.

You can also locate thousands upon thousands of more recent sightings along with reports that never made it into Blue Book’s files. Some have visual evidence, but you can dismiss many of those photos and videos of lights in the sky as something conventional. Most of the ones that appear to have clear images are likely fakes. Many sightings are hardly much better, and beyond lights in the sky, there usually isn’t a lot of detail. Single witness cases also tend to be suspect, unless there’s other evidence at hand, such as compelling photos that can’t be explained as hoaxes, or other factors that may indicate something really strange is going on.

All well and good.

You can look into any paranormal phenomenon, including sightings of strange creatures, and amass loads of amazing stories. Some are essentially campfire tales, because they consist of little more than people seeing unusual animals, birds or aquatic creatures that are not easy to explain.

When it comes to hard evidence, the situation gets murkier. Traditional scientists will want DNA evidence, the remains of the dead or other trace evidence that would point to some sort of unknown species.

Quite often, however, research in these fields is confined to collecting stories that can titillate or frighten. You can catalog those reports any way you want to try to get a sense of which locales appear to be possible hotspots of unusual activity. Even here, however, it’s hit or miss. There are many parts of the world that are not well populated, and are seldom visited. So things can be happening in such places that are simply never reported.

Or maybe UFOs and other phenomena don’t exist unless there’s someone around to see them. How can we possibly now?

Regardless, how many sightings does it take to declare a mystery that remains unsolved. Maybe it just takes a few UFO cases that have all the elements that make a good sighting, such as simultaneous radar/visual observations, multiple witnesses, a flying craft that’s large enough to pick up details, not to mention pinpoint maneuvers that appear to exceed the capability of Earthly aircraft. Isn’t that sufficient for investigators to make a more determined effort to figure out what’s really going on?

If the Roswell UFO crash was the only case on record, and we had some more solid evidence of what happened in the New Mexico desert in 1947, perhaps that would do the trick, but it’s also old enough to make it almost impossible to find a smoking gun.

Notice that I am not suggesting those alleged Roswell Slides, depicting a possible alien being, represent the evidence we need. There is far too much hype and far too many questions that cry out for answers. Maybe the promised May event in Mexico City to present such evidence will deliver the answers, though it seems a curious way to deliver supposed evidence of alien visitations. With all the claims and counterclaims, it comes across more as a sideshow, which isn’t very helpful to the cause.

But instead of focusing so much on collecting and retelling case after case, what about redoubling efforts to figure out what all this evidence actually means. Are we really being visited by extraterrestrials? Do some UFO cases represent military tests of some sort, or even indulgences in psychological warfare?

What about the curious side issues that seem to rear their ugly heads, such as reports of possible Men In Black or interventions by possible government agents? Is it even possible our governments might want to make us believe in spaceships to hide other agendas?

I’m not saying it’s so, but consider the possibility that some government agents may be engaging in smoke and mirrors to hide real truths that may, in part, include visits by unknown aircraft from elsewhere.

Why are Bigfoot types and other strange creatures seen in the vicinity of UFO sightings? A connection, or just two separate mysteries to confront? Does our human consciousness at all play a role, any role, in what we think we experience in connection with paranormal phenomena?

After all these years, isn’t it time to set aside the cataloging of case histories and figure out what it all means?

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

This newsletter really speaks to where I'm at. I just finished X Descending by Chris Lambright and felt like I finally stumbled on the book that answered major questions. His book basically goes into detail about the film/pics Ray Stanford took and Paul B. took (before telling the Air Force) and follows one scientist who also saw this footage along his career in deciphering how to recreate the propulsion seen in the footage. It was a highly detailed , follow the money, the scientists and wallah, some major insight to where our government is regarding UFO's and just how little this supposed mainstream Ufology is focused on it. I know Chris has talked about this here but I had no idea the extent Ray Stanford's footage has gone. When I finished that book I realized it was so obvious why the government will never , ever talk to us about this, it's their bread and butter of the future. But man, there's some serious research still to be done on follow up with Mr. Lambright's findings, like how many other governments are following the same path.

Thank you for this post, Heidi. I was already persuaded by what you've said here to read Chris Lambright's X Descending, and then further persuaded by the reviews at amazon and by amazon's description of the book:

"Two startling films and the facts behind them reveal, once and for all, the existence of an incredible technology behind the UFO phenomenon.

As no other book has ever done, X-Descending documents how private study of an unpublished daylight, multi-witness UFO movie, filmed by veteran UFO researcher Ray Stanford, resulted in a major aerospace propulsion breakthrough. Until now, no book could show that aerospace propulsion science has directly benefited from studying a UFO movie. Author Christian Lambright not only does that, he provides an in-depth documentation of how it has occurred.

Lambright doesn't stop there. He goes on to open up the mysterious Paul Bennewitz case with startlingly detailed, hitherto unpublished color film-frame images clearly revealing that whatever objects Bennewitz saw and filmed within the Manzano Weapon Storage Area at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., they are exotic, technological, and nothing with which, even today, we are familiar.

Included in the account of the early experiences of Paul Bennewitz is a serious examination of the counterintelligence effort to suppress the evidence of what he had seen and filmed. This book names names."

I also agree with what Martin S. Willis writes at the end of his review at amazon:

"My hopes are that this book will help people look at the hard facts, and thread their way through all of the disinformation that was spawned from the Bennewitz Case. You could not make up what happened to Paul Bennewitz and I hope with Chris' help, this becomes a screenplay and the vindicating Bennewitz Story is told for all to see."

There's an excellent documentary waiting to be produced from what Chris Lambright brings together here concerning the films of Bennewitz and Ray Stanford. I hope someone is working on that project now.

Thank you for this post, Heidi. I was already persuaded by what you've said here to read Chris Lambright's X Descending, and then further persuaded by the reviews at amazon and by amazon's description of the book:

"Two startling films and the facts behind them reveal, once and for all, the existence of an incredible technology behind the UFO phenomenon.

As no other book has ever done, X-Descending documents how private study of an unpublished daylight, multi-witness UFO movie, filmed by veteran UFO researcher Ray Stanford, resulted in a major aerospace propulsion breakthrough. Until now, no book could show that aerospace propulsion science has directly benefited from studying a UFO movie. Author Christian Lambright not only does that, he provides an in-depth documentation of how it has occurred.

Lambright doesn't stop there. He goes on to open up the mysterious Paul Bennewitz case with startlingly detailed, hitherto unpublished color film-frame images clearly revealing that whatever objects Bennewitz saw and filmed within the Manzano Weapon Storage Area at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., they are exotic, technological, and nothing with which, even today, we are familiar.

Included in the account of the early experiences of Paul Bennewitz is a serious examination of the counterintelligence effort to suppress the evidence of what he had seen and filmed. This book names names."

I also agree with what Martin S. Willis writes at the end of his review at amazon:

"My hopes are that this book will help people look at the hard facts, and thread their way through all of the disinformation that was spawned from the Bennewitz Case. You could not make up what happened to Paul Bennewitz and I hope with Chris' help, this becomes a screenplay and the vindicating Bennewitz Story is told for all to see."

There's an excellent documentary waiting to be produced from what Chris Lambright brings together here concerning the films of Bennewitz and Ray Stanford. I hope someone is working on that project now.
When I think about all the various authors regarding UFO's and government, it's like everyone's partially right and partially wrong. This isn't exactly what Chris Lambright talks about but by following the science/story a picture emerges that show's the government wanted to know what these objects were but it wasn't until science could do something with it that the money followed. But it's also equivilant to the answer lays in plain sight yet no-one but a few really look. That's perplexing to me.

This newsletter really speaks to where I'm at. I just finished X Descending by Chris Lambright and felt like I finally stumbled on the book that answered major questions. His book basically goes into detail about the film/pics Ray Stanford took and Paul B. took (before telling the Air Force) and follows one scientist who also saw this footage along his career in deciphering how to recreate the propulsion seen in the footage. It was a highly detailed , follow the money, the scientists and wallah, some major insight to where our government is regarding UFO's and just how little this supposed mainstream Ufology is focused on it. I know Chris has talked about this here but I had no idea the extent Ray Stanford's footage has gone. When I finished that book I realized it was so obvious why the government will never , ever talk to us about this, it's their bread and butter of the future. But man, there's some serious research still to be done on follow up with Mr. Lambright's findings, like how many other governments are following the same path.
Heidi, you are very likely being deceived by other gullible people too. Why? I've been digging deeper into what Ray said on the Paracast, and his story does not add-up to take credit for helping Myrabo. That's total BS. Imo. Myrabo graduated as a PhD in 1976 and went straight into Stars Wars related research until 1983. Then he went to Rensselaer as an academic in 1983. That's two years before Ray shot his film. Ray is a dip-shit to hop onto Myrabo's back to pretend to ride Myrabo to his UFO-enlightenment film that would reveal "the truth" to Myrabo to see "the light". That's not rational. Myrabo would know backwards and forwards this kind of science that blows away what Stanford would know! Why? He first studied and then worked for 7 years in probably several classified projects two years BEFORE Ray shot the film.

Here's more proof this is true. You need to read this Popular Mechanics article in 1995 that CLEARLY states Myrabo KNEW about this science more than 10 years before, and that's pre-1985.

Now, I ask you again Heidi, when did Myrabo see that film? You have the book. Can you help?

I learned today straight from the mouth of Ray that it was a UFO student at the University of Texas that saw his film. That student then later told Myrabo about the film. There NEVER was ANY direct connection to Ray with Myrabo, and, my gosh, is it any wonder Myrabo will have nothing to do with Ray and his whack job UFO story connecting him back to Myrabo's research??? Just because Ray LATER showed Myrabo the film, WHEN ???, does NOT mean Ray gave anything new and insightful to Myrabo that he did not already know! I think Ray is a nutcase to even dare to take this position: to say directly he gave Myrabo the insight into all his research he was doing. What a jerk...

Here is the Popular Mechanics article:

Popular Mechanics - Google Books

It clearly states that Myrabo was doing this research for MORE THAN A DECADE, and that was in 1995. So, it clearly PROVES Myrabo already knew this science FULL WELL before Ray even shot the film in 1985 two years later from '83 [the beginning of Myrabo's university research work as associate professor].

So, I've helped you find 'the truth' about this story that Ray Stanford is falsifying. Tell us when Myrabo saw Ray's film?

I'm going to get Lambright's book anyway, because I do think he is onto something with the Bennewitz story. Lambright should have thoroughly researched Myrabo's background before allowing Ray to say he gave Myrabo all the secrets to unlock this technology. BS. He made a huge mistake in doing that.

Myrabo's ideas are ALSO sooooo damn 'insanely ridiculous' to have any real world practical applications for flying around on Earth that I'm tempted to wonder just how he can suggest such ideas without laughing his ass off at the gullibility of the non-scientist public at large. It will NEVER happen here on Earth.

Myrabo literally will have to go to the Moon, yes, the Moon to MAYBE prove something worthwhile from there. Well, he will be long dead before that can happen. Also, his type of laser aimed space travel is rooted in space weapons too... Now, how in the hell can that be guaranteed to be used for just peaceful purposes for space travel??? IT CAN NOT, so, guess what, people do NOT want to weaponize space. Enough already! So, just how far do you think Myrabo's ideas will work-out for space travel too??? More BS ???

Myrabo can't think straight [except for military weapons and basic research], but he can't think things through to the end for Earth flight or space flight. That is very typical of a professor because of his research background. He is not 'for real' except in the fundamental research he did or his laser weapons work. That was worthy of doing, because it's basic research to test concepts and laser weapons. That is very legitimate to do. I have no complaints about that.

Ray "blew smoke" straight into your face and you breathed it in hook, line, and sinker. You've been captivated by Ray! Remember what Myrabo told Lambright: He will not do any interviews about Ray and/or UFO's.

Get it??? I wonder why...

Last edited:
Heidi, you are very likely being deceived by other gullible people too. Why? I've been digging deeper into what Ray said on the Paracast, and his story does not add-up to take credit for helping Myrabo. That's total BS. Imo. Myrabo graduated as a PhD in 1976 and went straight into Stars Wars related research until 1983. Then he went to Rensselaer as an academic in 1983. That's two years before Ray shot his film. Ray is a dip-shit to hop onto Myrabo's back to pretend to ride Myrabo to his UFO-enlightenment film that would reveal "the truth" to Myrabo to see "the light". That's not rational. Myrabo would know backwards and forwards this kind of science that blows away what Stanford would know! Why? He first studied and then worked for 7 years in probably several classified projects two years BEFORE Ray shot the film.

Here's more proof this is true. You need to read this Popular Mechanics article in 1995 that CLEARLY states Myrabo KNEW about this science more than 10 years before, and that's pre-1985.

Now, I ask you again Heidi, when did Myrabo see that film? You have the book. Can you help?

I learned today straight from the mouth of Ray that it was a UFO student at the University of Texas that saw his film. That student then later told Myrabo about the film. There NEVER was ANY direct connection to Ray with Myrabo, and, my gosh, is it any wonder Myrabo will have nothing to do with Ray and his whack job UFO story connecting him back to Myrabo's research??? Just because Ray LATER showed Myrabo the film, WHEN ???, does NOT mean Ray gave anything new and insightful to Myrabo that he did not already know! I think Ray is a nutcase to even dare to take this position: to say directly he gave Myrabo the insight into all his research he was doing. What a jerk...

Here is the Popular Mechanics article:

Popular Mechanics - Google Books

It clearly states that Myrabo was doing this research for MORE THAN A DECADE, and that was in 1995. So, it clearly PROVES Myrabo already knew this science FULL WELL before Ray even shot the film in 1985 two years later from '83 [the beginning of Myrabo's university research work as associate professor].

So, I've helped you find 'the truth' about this story that Ray Stanford is falsifying. Tell us when Myrabo saw Ray's film?

I'm going to get Lambright's book anyway, because I do think he is onto something with the Bennewitz story. Lambright should have thoroughly researched Myrabo's background before allowing Ray to say he gave Myrabo all the secrets to unlock this technology. BS. He made a huge mistake in doing that.

Myrabo's ideas are ALSO sooooo damn 'insanely ridiculous' to have any real world practical applications for flying around on Earth that I'm tempted to wonder just how he can suggest such ideas without laughing his ass off at the gullibility of the non-scientist public at large. It will NEVER happen here on Earth.

Myrabo literally will have to go to the Moon, yes, the Moon to MAYBE prove something worthwhile from there. Well, he will be long dead before that can happen. Also, his type of laser aimed space travel is rooted in space weapons too... Now, how in the hell can that be guaranteed to be used for just peaceful purposes for space travel??? I CAN NOT, so, guess what, people do NOT want to weaponize space. Enough already! So, just how far do you think Myrabo's ideas will work-out for space travel too??? More BS ???

Myrabo can't think straight [except for military weapons and basic research], but he can't think things through to the end for Earth flight or space flight. That is very typical of a professor because of his research background. He is not 'for real' except in the fundamental research he did or his laser weapons work. That was worthy of doing, because it's basic research to test concepts and laser weapons. That is very legitimate to do. I have no complaints about that.

Ray "blew smoke" straight into your face and you breathed it in hook, line, and sinker. You've been captivated by Ray! Remember what Myrabo told Lambright: He will not do any interviews about Ray and/or UFO's.

Get it??? I wonder why...
You've got to be the biggest dip-shit this forum has had in a long time. Maybe cut back on your road shows???????????Wink Wink

I hope Lambright will kick my ass in his book, because I'm seriously going to go to the end on this one... Well see if Lambright can get me to eat my words about Ray solving Myrabo's research work to "See the Light" of Ray on High...

Heidi, you need to read that Popular Mechanics article to realize these ideas were WELL KNOWN in theory from the 1950's to 1960's. Btw, I posted that was probably when these ideas were floated ALREADY before reading the PM article too. Like I said. Ray blew his smoke straight into your face, and you breathed it in as "the truth".

Here's "the kicker". Someone posted Ray wrote about his(?) propulsion ideas before he shot the film too! Yup, that's straight out of a UFO conference article that Ray apparently wrote about in 1980 five years before his film. Hmmm... this story just keeps getting better and better about UFO Mythology!

Heidi, you need to read that Popular Mechanics article to realize these ideas were WELL KNOWN in theory from the 1950's to 1960's. Btw, I posted that was probably when these ideas were floated ALREADY before reading the PM article too. Like I said. Ray blew his smoke straight into your face, and you breathed it in as "the truth".

Here's "the kicker". Someone posted Ray wrote about his(?) propulsion ideas before he shot the film too! Yup, that's straight out of a UFO conference article that Ray apparently wrote about in 1980 five years before his film. Hmmm... this story just keeps getting better and better about UFO Mythology!
I'm glad he's blowing smoke in my face, hope it's a Malboro 100!!!!!

I'm glad he's blowing smoke in my face, hope it's a Malboro 100!!!!!
Lol. I bet your Forum girlfriend will be taking some drags on that same smoke too. Just don't choke on Ray's smoke, and smoke 'the real' Marlboro cigs instead with your friend Constance. She'll definitely be smoking a lot of Marlboro with you too. :)

Lol. I bet your Forum girlfriend will be taking some drags on that same smoke too. Just don't choke on Ray's smoke, and smoke 'the real' Marlboro cigs instead with your friend Constance. She'll definitely be smoking a lot of Marlboro with you too. :)
get busy reading....and don't forget to argue with each page turn, I mean, after all, you've written the book several times now. Make sure to give it a second review on Amazon too!

Time to eat crow? I hope so. Really. I'd love to find-out I'm mistaken. That I was a complete idiot. Lambright's book is not just about Ray's film, so it's only half-bad at this point in time, imo. Just wait till I find that NASA [or military] archival footage, and then we'll see who may be eating the crow...

Just remember what I said about Ray's article that was written for a UFO conference in 1980. Someone that loves Ray posted that not realizing this exposed Ray for knowing about these ideas BEFORE he made that film 5 years later, right??? So, if Ray [who is NOT a PhD educated, published, and accomplished peer reviewed scientist] was publishing these ideas for a UFO conference in 1980, for god's sakes, then there is no-way in burning hellfire he gave Marybo anything new to hang his hat on to "see the light" with his frigging film 5 years later. IF Ray knew, then Marybo knew a thousand times more too! Where is Ray's PhD and accomplished and published peer reviewed research *and* classified work in Star Wars by 1983??? That's a big fat Zero! What a whooper!

I'm wondering now if Ray might be someone's disinformation agent? The question is for whom? Hmmm... He's someone's perfect FREE agent! Lol. :) :D

We need to write a UFO song about Kirkland Air Force Base. The source of sooo much ET religion, lasers, and UFO's.

Last edited:
Well, I listened to the 3-4 hrs of interviews with Myrabo that I gave you the links to in a different post. Did you listen too?

Here's a 1999 summary about Myrabo's ideas that have long since died on the vine:

Riding the Highways of Light - NASA Science

Here's an excerpt from that article from NASA back in 1999 about Myrabo's ideas. PLEASE NOTE: He began studying and thinking about these ideas since 1972.

Since 1972, he has been building on an idea developed by Arthur Kantrowitz to use lasers to launch satellites. Myrabo introduced a variation using the atmosphere as the propellant heated by a laser. At higher altitude and at 5.5 times the speed of sound, as the air thins, the craft would use a small supply of on board hydrogen, still heated by the remote laser beam.

Myrabo's initial design for NASA was a 5-meter (16.5 ft) diameter, four-person craft - "ma and pa in the front, two kids and a dog in the back" - in a shape that he dubbed Acorn. The front is shaped to reflect the coherent laser light into a narrow region between the body and a shroud. The focused light superheats the air to become a jet exhaust that pushes the craft up. In this case, the laser power station would be based in orbit.

He next worked on the Toy Top design which reversed the optics for lasers based on the ground. The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization was interested in this approach for rapid launches of satellites weighing around 100 kg (220 lbs).

Under continued Air Force and NASA sponsorship, Myrabo has developed and test flown a 15 cm (6 inch) diameter model of the Toy Top Lightcraft.

"We just passed Goddard's second flight of 92 feet (28 meters)," Myrabo said. That limit, though, is set at 120 ft (37 m) by a light shield erected by a crane to stop the light beam and eliminate the chance of blinding a satellite sensor.

PLEASE NOTE: Myrabo never did any of the following since 1999. Dead on the vine of dreams and wishful thinking:

The next step is to develop a 150 kilowatt laser that would boost a larger model to 30 km (18 mi) altitude. Eventually, a 1 gigawatt laser would be needed to orbit satellites as Kantrowitz, Myrabo, and others have long envisioned.

It's possible, though, that it all might be supplanted by mid-21st century by the microwave Lightcraft. When word of his work got around to the Space Studies Institute in Princeton, Myrabo was asked if he could design a similar craft that used microwaves beamed from space since microwave transmitters were a more mature technology than lasers.

Last edited:
Well, I listened to the 3-4 hrs of interviews with Myrabo that I gave you the links to in a different post. Did you listen too?

Here's a 1999 summary about Myrabo's ideas that have long since died on the vine:

Riding the Highways of Light - NASA Science

Here's an excerpt from that article from NASA back in 1999 about Myrabo's ideas. PLEASE NOTE: He began studying and thinking about these ideas since 1972.

Since 1972, he has been building on an idea developed by Arthur Kantrowitz to use lasers to launch satellites. Myrabo introduced a variation using the atmosphere as the propellant heated by a laser. At higher altitude and at 5.5 times the speed of sound, as the air thins, the craft would use a small supply of on board hydrogen, still heated by the remote laser beam.

Myrabo's initial design for NASA was a 5-meter (16.5 ft) diameter, four-person craft - "ma and pa in the front, two kids and a dog in the back" - in a shape that he dubbed Acorn. The front is shaped to reflect the coherent laser light into a narrow region between the body and a shroud. The focused light superheats the air to become a jet exhaust that pushes the craft up. In this case, the laser power station would be based in orbit.

He next worked on the Toy Top design which reversed the optics for lasers based on the ground. The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization was interested in this approach for rapid launches of satellites weighing around 100 kg (220 lbs).

Under continued Air Force and NASA sponsorship, Myrabo has developed and test flown a 15 cm (6 inch) diameter model of the Toy Top Lightcraft.

"We just passed Goddard's second flight of 92 feet (28 meters)," Myrabo said. That limit, though, is set at 120 ft (37 m) by a light shield erected by a crane to stop the light beam and eliminate the chance of blinding a satellite sensor.

PLEASE NOTE: Myrabo never did any of the following since 1999. Dead on the vine of dreams and wishful thinking:

The next step is to develop a 150 kilowatt laser that would boost a larger model to 30 km (18 mi) altitude. Eventually, a 1 gigawatt laser would be needed to orbit satellites as Kantrowitz, Myrabo, and others have long envisioned.

It's possible, though, that it all might be supplanted by mid-21st century by the microwave Lightcraft. When word of his work got around to the Space Studies Institute in Princeton, Myrabo was asked if he could design a similar craft that used microwaves beamed from space since microwave transmitters were a more mature technology than lasers.

That's good, relevant, and interesting information OME. Supplement it with Lambright's research for a fuller picture of Myrabo's interest in the video Ray Stanford shared with him and the differences between the technology that video illustrated and the kinds of things our physicists and space scientists were able to do at the time that video was taken in Corpus Christie. According to Lambright the video did inspire further research by Myrabo and, as Lambright sees it, constitutes a case in which earth science benefitted from a ufo sighting (a fact or connection which, lamentably, is suppressed in the continuing suppression of the ufo subject itself).

That's good, relevant, and interesting information OME. Supplement it with Lambright's research for a fuller picture of Myrabo's interest in the video Ray Stanford shared with him and the differences between the technology that video illustrated and the kinds of things our physicists and space scientists were able to do at the time that video was taken in Corpus Christie. According to Lambright the video did inspire further research by Myrabo and, as Lambright sees it, constitutes a case in which earth science benefitted from a ufo sighting (a fact or connection which, lamentably, is suppressed in the continuing suppression of the ufo subject itself).
I'm not going to omit Lambright's book, but I have fundamental differences about the relevance and value of Myrabo's research for any practical form of Earth and Space travel.

His research might work for a single launch site to orbit very light weight satellites, not for humans, but there really isn't a market for that sort of thing. There's no way in hell it's going to be used for human transport, and Myrabo is already retired. His business was started in the early 2000's well over 12+ years ago. It went nowhere except as a placeholder for his website on the Internet. It is dead.

Myrabo is no longer relevant for that sort of research, since he is retired from his university position for years now. He was fine doing Star Wars weapons research and testing his miniature laser top, but that is as far as it goes.

It's another UFO DEAD END that DIED in 1999 looking back in hindsight. That is 'the truth' about that article. It's what it ultimately reveals...

Whatever the outcome of Myrabo's research, the question remaining is what further ideas or physical concepts concerning space flight Stanford's video inspired in Myrabo that were impossible to bring to fruition during his working life with the Air Force/MIC facilities. The advanced physics and technology represented in Stanford's fortuitous video-capture were evidently available to and employed over Corpus Christie in 1985 by some other species of intelligent life than ours. Not only the video but the other eyewitnesses present at the videotaping describe the same phenomena (in a sequence of manifestations), so what the video discloses can't have been an illusion. If the phenomenal appearances/manifestations of physical things did not provide us with the means to access and comprehend their physical nature -- given the application of sufficient perspectives taken on things with the application of progressively applied learning -- we would never have had the scientific and technological progress our species has achieved. Nor would any other species of life anywhere, at any time in the life of the universe, have achieved the extent of its scientific and technological progress.

Whatever the outcome of Myrabo's research, the question remaining is what further ideas or physical concepts concerning space flight Stanford's video inspired in Myrabo that were impossible to bring to fruition during his working life with the Air Force/MIC facilities. The advanced physics and technology represented in Stanford's fortuitous video-capture were evidently available to and employed over Corpus Christie in 1985 by some other species of intelligent life than ours. Not only the video but the other eyewitnesses present at the videotaping describe the same phenomena (in a sequence of manifestations), so what the video discloses can't have been an illusion. If the phenomenal appearances/manifestations of physical things did not provide us with the means to access and comprehend their physical nature -- given the application of sufficient perspectives taken on things with the application of progressively applied learning -- we would never have had the scientific and technological progress our species has achieved. Nor would any other species of life anywhere, at any time in the life of the universe, have achieved the extent of its scientific and technological progress.
I answer in detail with several posts beginning here:

4/1/2012 Chris Lambright and Ray Stanford | Page 12 | The Paracast Community Forums

Back