• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — March 12, 2023

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
March 12, 2023
www.theparacast.com

Explore Amazing Legends of Ancient Astronauts, Channeling and Historic UFO Sigtings with Barbara DeLong and Ken Goudsward on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Forum Registration Doesn't Work!

Due to an issue with XenForo, our forum system, you may be unable to register with the forum. Should this occur, please write us via this Contact Us link, and we'll set it up for you. When you write us, please let us know if you want to buy a Paracast+ subscription.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR THE PARACAST+ YET? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARACAST+ SO YOU CAN SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment. And if you don't want to use PayPal, we now also offer a second payment option, from Stripe, which accepts major credit or debit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. For "qualified users," you can also take advantage of Pay Later options, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: Gene and cohost Tim Swartz present Barbara DeLong and Ken Goudsward to talk about their backgrounds in paranormal research. The main focus of this interview includes Ken's books on Ancient Astronauts, "UFOs In The Bible" and "Magic In The Bible." You'll also learn about the book they co-authored, "Before Roswell: The Secret History of UFOs," which covers key sightings that range from the original 1947 cases of the modern UFO era way back those from the ancient world. DeLong is an internationally known radio/pod-cast host, spiritual empath, author, artist, lecturer and ordained minister. She has been working professionally in the spiritual field since the early 70’s in addition to being a full time special education teacher and a single parent. Goudsward is a systems analyst with expertise in industrial robotics, software engineering, and data design. He enjoys applying these skills to ancient Hebrew and Sumerian documents and the UFO phenomenon.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on March 12: Explore the possibilities of intelligent life from outer space with researchers Barbara DeLong and Ken Goudsward, authors of "Before Roswell: The Secret History of UFOs." They also talk with Gene and cohost Tim Swartz about Ken's book that includes a name not allowed on terrestrial radio, and why searching for radio signals from interstellar space via radio telescope is a poor idea. What about sub-space radio, channeling? Are there other methods to send signals across space? Goudsward's books also include "UFOs In The Bible" and "Magic In The Bible." In addition to exploring the unknown, he is a systems analyze with expertise on industrial robotics, software engineering, and data design. DeLong is both a researcher and experiencer, and has been working professionally in the spiritual field since the early 70’s in addition to being a full time special education teacher and a single parent.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: The Official Paracast Shop, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel.

Turn on the Radio
By Gene Steinberg

One constant in my life has been radio. Before my parents purchased our first TV set, we had several radios around our home. There was a big tube affair in the second bedroom, which I shared with my brother until he left home newly married.

I loved that radio.

At age 15 or thereabouts, I began assembling radio kits and other gear. Through it all, I enjoyed listening to Top 40 stations, with a liberal amount of talk. Little did I know I’d be hosting my own talk show years later.

TV was terrific, but AM radio was in some ways better. Despite the limits in audio quality, so-called “clear channel” stations, where there wasn’t another station on the same frequency to interfere with nighttime propagation of the signal, could be heard over half the United States and more.

In those days, I’d listen to the likes of WSB radio in Atlanta, and WGN in Chicago. When hit recordings were breakouts elsewhere, I got to hear them first from one of my radios in Brooklyn, NY.

When TV went to cable, it involved receiving the signal from a satellite or huge antenna at a “head end” or reception point, which was then distributed by wire (coax and later fiber optic) around a city. Satellites enhanced the range, but in the end it was still a variation of a broadcast signal.

So there are countless numbers of signals being broadcast around the world at any moment in time, but can they reach another advanced civilization on another planet? Would they be able watch our broadcasts, such as the 1950s comic book show, “Adventures of Superman,” and wonder whether humans can fly — after removing their suit jackets and glasses? It sort of reminds me of the sci-fi comedy/drama cult film, “Galaxy Quest.”

In short, can the myriad signals go that far if our fellow beings on another planet, orbiting a star system tens of light years distant, was listening?

That appears to be the logic behind radio telescopes and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, known as SETI. Using radio telescopes, they are used to receive and examine radio signals presumably emanating from nearby stars.

The technology has been exploited in such films as the 1996 popcorn blockbuster, “Independence Day” and “Contact,” released in 1997.

Even if such signals can be detected, they took decades or centuries to arrive. It all depends on the distance, consistent with the speed of light of course. This would mean that a possible signal from that Superman TV show from the 1950s, wouldn’t arrive until the early 2000s on a planet 50 light years distant.

By the same token, any responses would obviously take just as long to receive.

So even if we did receive evidence of a radio signal transmitted by an intelligent race from way out there, it’s not as if we could have a convenient two-way conversation, or any conversation. It’s possible their civilization — or ours — would have changed significantly or be obliterated before any return signals arrive.

In the Star Trek universe and other sci-fi fare, they use a scheme known as “subspace radio,” to allow near-instantaneous two-way conversions across interstellar space. It’s a scheme that apparently moves the signals through hyperspace to bypass the distance factor, at least to a point.

Now if such a technology were possible, and I wouldn’t doubt that an advanced civilization would find a way to make it so, where does that leave our primitive radio telescopes? If ET’s signals are present throughout the galaxy, how would we receive them? Surely not with a scheme based on 19th century technology, right?

So is it possible for Earthlings to develop sub-space radio? In theory, I suppose, yes, assuming we got a handle on managing hyperspace travel. But even in Star Trek canon, warp drive — the system to travel through hyperspace — will not be invented on Earth until 2063. While I expect my son to still be around by then, the chances that I’ll still be here to observe the occasion are little to none.

That said, are there any other methods to transmit messages that aren’t crippled by the constraints of physics?

What about mind-to-mind transmission — telepathy?

While some people claim to be able to receive telepathic communications from others, primarily “higher beings” or “extraterrestrials,” such a method hasn’t been confirmed by scientists so far.

Even if this form of transmission were possible, it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t adhere to existing limitations on radio signals. In other words, your telepathic messages to someone 50 light years away would still take 50 years to arrive.

Now those of you who support a oneness of the universe, that we are all somehow connected on one level or another, might suggest that conventional limitations, such as the speed of light (or even time), do not apply.

I’m skeptical.

Then again, my son and I wrote two sci-fi books where telepathy plays a huge part, not just across vast distances, but through time. If you want to check them out, “Attack of the Rockoids,” and the sequel, “The Coming of the Protectors,” are available from Amazon and our site, Attack of the Rockoids

But this isn’t a sales pitch, although I won’t refuse your orders. It’s mainly about an argument that there are many things about our our human condition that we do not yet fully understand.

As of now, the SETI project has been an abject failure, even though there has been a time or two where possible intelligent signals might have been received, but they were never repeated delivered enough data to confirm an intelligent source.

If ET is here already, they can always communicate with us in real time, and I’m sure they would be smart enough to figure out a way without logical gymnastics. If it is telepathy, so be it.

In the meantime, if we are going to search for signs of distant intelligent life, we need to consider other methods of communication. I’m not suggesting that a panel of presumed telepaths sit in large rooms dispatching messages to ET, or waiting for ET to contact them.

It would be a neat idea, though, if it were possible.

Sure, those who claim telepathic contact may be telling the truth — I couldn’t possibly know what they are experiencing — but it’s not as if we have iron-clad proof that such communications can occur.

The belief in hearing signals in your mind might also be imaginary, or perhaps a reflection of our innate abilities to unconsciously connect with a universal consciousness.

Besides, if telepathy were possible, I would hope you can resist the temptation to read someone else’s mind. I’m quite sure there are things about all of us that we wouldn’t want others to know. Consider the chaos if all of our thoughts were open and available to anyone with the ability to “hear."

Copyright 1999-2023 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back