• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- July 14, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
July 14, 2012

The "Court Jester" of Ufology Returns to The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

We Hope You'll Send a Donation to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Brand New Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present the UFO field's legendary "court jester" Jim Moseley, editor of Saucer Smear. During this free-wheeling conversation, Jim will give you his unvarnished views about the Aztec, NM UFO crash, and the many fascinating personalities he's encountered in the UFO field over the years.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

About Those UFO Whistleblowers
By Gene Steinberg

Years ago, the late pioneer UFO researcher and writer Major Donald E. Keyhoe, long retired from the Marines, was quoted as saying that, if what he said about the reality of flying saucers was wrong, the military should call him back to active duty and submit him to a court martial. The quote may not be correct, but it’s a useful way to begin this discussion.

Over the years, a number of military people have come forth to disclose UFO sightings. A few, perhaps questionable figures, have even claimed to have participated in alleged disinformation activities, to confuse and befuddle the public about what’s really going on. There’s also the curious case of UFO author Bill Moore, one of the pioneer Roswell researchers, who once confessed to being a participant in disinformation activities against scientist Paul Bennewitz, with the help of Richard C. Doty, said to be an AFOSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) agent.

Now Moore has, as the result of his admission, more or less been ostracized from the UFO field since that revelation. How can you possibly take someone seriously who has worked for “them”? In passing, I’d be curious to get his take on the situation after all these years.

It’s a sure thing that all of these activities from people who either have military connections, or have worked with the military, have been going on for a number of years. From witnesses, to whistleblowers, to reports of unsavory activities, it’s hard to know where to begin. Or even whether you should take any of this seriously, since such activities don’t really provide any useful information as to what UFOs are all about. It’s just a sideshow.

You also have to wonder how the military should react to people who are either saying too much, or confessing to unsavory behavior. Shouldn’t they be subject to some sort of discipline? Consider anyone who may have had a top secret or higher clearance at one point or another. Why aren’t they suffering the consequences of their actions?

One possible reason is that any actions taken against such people would end up validating what they say. If they are left free to reveal a few alleged secrets, and nobody bothers them, how could you possibly take them seriously? After all, they should be facing the consequences for violating national security, right?

But if nothing unsavory happens to them, not even a threatening phone call, or evidence that they are being followed by agents of one sort or another, you just know that there was never any truth about what they’ve been saying. It was all a fantasy. How could it be otherwise?

Now I do not pretend to understand the military mindset. I only had one close relative who ever served, although I’ve talked to many people who served their country over the years. One of my close friends, researcher and author Curt Sutherly, was an Air Force Sergeant when I first met him back in the 1970s. He was intensely interested in Fortean studies then as he is now. These days, he works in an Air Force public information office as a civilian employee, and he still talks about UFOs. He’s been a guest on The Paracast on several occasions.

As you might gather, his supervisors aren’t bothering him about his interest in UFOs. I don’t expect they ever will.

This doesn’t mean there aren’t legitimate disinformation activities afoot, that the U.S. government, and governments around the world, aren’t busy sowing the seeds of confusion in the UFO field. It’s always possible that, when someone with a military background confesses to knowing about secret government activities, or reports a UFO sighting, sometimes it’s all for show. It’s just to confuse and befuddle those seriously interested in getting to the bottom of the UFO mystery. But that sounds a little too paranoid to me. It may well be that the military really doesn’t take UFOs seriously at all, or as I suggested, is prepared to look the other way when a few leaks appear for the greater good.

Long ago, a guest on The Paracast suggested the secrets about UFOs and what the government knows are hiding in plain sight. But with the mixture of real information and disinformation, it’s not always obvious what’s true and what isn’t. There may be elements of both to be found, so we do our best to cope.

Of course, all this suspicion and intrigue also may play into the hands of any agency that really wants to keep secrets. If we are left to chase fantasies, there’s less time to probe what’s really going on. That doesn’t help anyone get to the bottom of the UFO mystery – now or ever. The solution, however, clearly won’t be easy to come by. The truth may be out there, but decades of experience in this field makes it quite clear to me that no solutions are going to come soon. Wishes for disclosure aren’t going to be fulfilled, and it’s also possible that finding a few answers may simply raise more questions.
About Those UFO Whistleblowers
By Gene Steinberg

Years ago, the late pioneer UFO researcher and writer Major Donald E. Keyhoe, long retired from the Marines, was quoted as saying that, if what he said about the reality of flying saucers was wrong, the military should call him back to active duty and submit him to a court martial. The quote may not be correct, but it’s a useful way to begin this discussion.

Over the years, a number of military people have come forth to disclose UFO sightings. A few, perhaps questionable figures, have even claimed to have participated in alleged disinformation activities, to confuse and befuddle the public about what’s really going on. There’s also the curious case of UFO author Bill Moore, one of the pioneer Roswell researchers, who once confessed to being a participant in disinformation activities against scientist Paul Bennewitz, with the help of Richard C. Doty, said to be an AFOSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) agent.

Now Moore has, as the result of his admission, more or less been ostracized from the UFO field since that revelation. How can you possibly take someone seriously who has worked for “them”? In passing, I’d be curious to get his take on the situation after all these years.

It’s a sure thing that all of these activities from people who either have military connections, or have worked with the military, have been going on for a number of years. From witnesses, to whistleblowers, to reports of unsavory activities, it’s hard to know where to begin. Or even whether you should take any of this seriously, since such activities don’t really provide any useful information as to what UFOs are all about. It’s just a sideshow.

You also have to wonder how the military should react to people who are either saying too much, or confessing to unsavory behavior. Shouldn’t they be subject to some sort of discipline? Consider anyone who may have had a top secret or higher clearance at one point or another. Why aren’t they suffering the consequences of their actions?

One possible reason is that any actions taken against such people would end up validating what they say. If they are left free to reveal a few alleged secrets, and nobody bothers them, how could you possibly take them seriously? After all, they should be facing the consequences for violating national security, right?

But if nothing unsavory happens to them, not even a threatening phone call, or evidence that they are being followed by agents of one sort or another, you just know that there was never any truth about what they’ve been saying. It was all a fantasy. How could it be otherwise?

Now I do not pretend to understand the military mindset. I only had one close relative who ever served, although I’ve talked to many people who served their country over the years. One of my close friends, researcher and author Curt Sutherly, was an Air Force Sergeant when I first met him back in the 1970s. He was intensely interested in Fortean studies then as he is now. These days, he works in an Air Force public information office as a civilian employee, and he still talks about UFOs. He’s been a guest on The Paracast on several occasions.

As you might gather, his supervisors aren’t bothering him about his interest in UFOs. I don’t expect they ever will.

This doesn’t mean there aren’t legitimate disinformation activities afoot, that the U.S. government, and governments around the world, aren’t busy sowing the seeds of confusion in the UFO field. It’s always possible that, when someone with a military background confesses to knowing about secret government activities, or reports a UFO sighting, sometimes it’s all for show. It’s just to confuse and befuddle those seriously interested in getting to the bottom of the UFO mystery. But that sounds a little too paranoid to me. It may well be that the military really doesn’t take UFOs seriously at all, or as I suggested, is prepared to look the other way when a few leaks appear for the greater good.

Long ago, a guest on The Paracast suggested the secrets about UFOs and what the government knows are hiding in plain sight. But with the mixture of real information and disinformation, it’s not always obvious what’s true and what isn’t. There may be elements of both to be found, so we do our best to cope.

Of course, all this suspicion and intrigue also may play into the hands of any agency that really wants to keep secrets. If we are left to chase fantasies, there’s less time to probe what’s really going on. That doesn’t help anyone get to the bottom of the UFO mystery – now or ever. The solution, however, clearly won’t be easy to come by. The truth may be out there, but decades of experience in this field makes it quite clear to me that no solutions are going to come soon. Wishes for disclosure aren’t going to be fulfilled, and it’s also possible that finding a few answers may simply raise more questions.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back