• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — July 11, 2011

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
July 11, 2021
www.theparacast.com

UFO Lobbyist Stephen Bassett Presents a Critical UFO Disclosure Update on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. Long-term subscribers will receive free Amazon gift cards for five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: The Paracast continues its cutting-edge coverage of the Pentagon UAP Task Force Report with UFO lobbyist Stephen Bassett. But it's not just another summary of the document, but plenty of information on its background, and what Stephen feels involves the background behind the creation of that group. Will it really lead to disclosure, or just more unrealized expectations? Stephen is the executive director of Paradigm Research Group founded in 1996 to end what he describes as a government imposed embargo on the truth behind the UFO phenomenon. Stephen has spoken to audiences around the world about the implications of disclosure by world governments of an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Stephen Bassett's Paradigm Research Group: Home - Paradigm Research Group

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on July 11: UFO lobbyist Stephen Bassett returns to focus yet again on what he calls "the disclosure train," which he says is steadily taking us towards the end of the "truth embargo." He talks about a Pentagon press conference, where the UFO question was handled remarkably seriously, about academia's growing serious interest in the subject, and about ongoing media manipulation that helped keep the secret. As executive director of Paradigm Research Group, he spearheaded the 2013 “Citizen Hearing on Disclosure” at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. On November 5, 2014, PRG launched a Congressional Hearing/Political Initiative seeking the first UFO-related hearings on Capitol Hill since 1968.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: The Official Paracast Shop, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

I Won’t Take Any Bets

By Gene Steinberg

No doubt I seem jaded to many of you when I recall my youth and how many of the promises made about UFO disclosure in recent years were also made back then. The so-called “truth embargo” would not last forever. The public would eventually know the reality that we are not alone.

Year after year, those promises came and went. By the late 1960s, it was thought that the so-called UFO field was withering and dying. In the wake of the Condon Report and its dismissal of the possibility that the phenomenon was something quite non-conventional, I did believe it would all be dismissed as yet another fad and be forgotten.

But that didn’t stop me from starting up a UFO magazine with my ex-wife Geneva in 1971. Or maybe it was a way to occupy my free time during a period of extended unemployment when I wasn’t going on job interviews.

Yet the first issue of what became known as Caveat Emptor actually didn’t debut after I started on a new job in a new city. I made no secret of my interest in UFOs. My employer never asked about it, even when I covered local sightings during the 1973 UFO flap. So long as I provided what he regarded as the proper degree of coverage of local news, the rest was up to me.

In 2006, when The Paracast debuted, sightings did seem to be at somewhat of a low ebb — though we hadn’t heard what was going on behind the scenes in the military. But there was more than enough news and views to cover. Over the next few years, sightings at O’Hare Airport in Chicago, Stephenville, Texas and elsewhere garnered surprisingly serious coverage.

One key witness to the Texas UFO said, “"I don't know if it was a biblical experience or somebody from a different universe or whatever but it was definitely not from around these parts.”

It almost seemed as if nothing had changed. The names and dates yes, but the stories weren’t altogether different from those reported in the early days of the modern UFO field.

Many guests on The Paracast had covered the phenomenon for decades, yet were never vindicated during their lifetimes. Today it appears as if UFOs have become finally fashionable, or at least a reporter can ask a question about it during a Pentagon press conference and not be laughed off as a nutcase.

Officially, the Pentagon UAP Task Force Report, at least the public version widely publicized, does not provide any final answers. While there is supposedly no evidence that we are being visited by extraterrestrials, that theory is not ruled out. It’s more a recognition that more work needs to be done to understand what’s going on.

The report is also a remarkable effort at tunnel vision, since it focuses not on the tens of thousands of sightings reported around the world over the decades, but on some 144 mainly from the Navy rather than the Air Force.

In fact, I wonder just what the Air Force leadership feels about being abandoned in this way, or are they just relieved to have the UFO matter focused on a different agency?

But you have to wonder why it appears as if the authorities want to convey the impression that the history of the UFO field simply didn’t happen. Or that it wasn’t important enough to require serious attention until now. It’s as if the 1952 Washington D.C. sighting, one of the most significant simultaneous radar/visual events on record, was really just a temperature inversion. Or something.

Roswell?

OK, I think most of you know I have my concerns about the Roswell crash. The belief that it involved a spaceship may be borne out in the end, but if we had advanced alien technology in our hands for over 70 years, where are the results?

Claims that such inventions as night vision goggles and printed circuit boards were based on alien technology seem silly nowadays. These and other developments of that era have well-defined histories. You could, I suppose, suggest that the detailed history of such inventions was all faked to make it seem credible.

But I venture to say that the technology to transport ET to Earth would be so far advanced as to, even now, make it difficult or impossible for us to duplicate. Don’t forget that, in the late 1940s, we didn’t even have videotape. That came from Ampex in 1951, not from ET.

Audio gear and even the early TVs were all tube. The first transistor was demonstrated by Bell Labs in 1947, a few months after Roswell. Reverse engineering could not have happened so quickly.

The long and short of it is that, if the Pentagon UAP Task Force report is, as hoped, the prelude to disclosure, a lot of questions will have to be answered. One is how such a secret could be kept for so long, unless it were closely held by a very few. If hundreds or thousands of people knew it, leaks would have been inevitable. Not the apparent fake leaks you’ve heard about, but enough solid facts to indicate they knew the UFO secret.

I suppose one excuse would be that, until now, the government saw no reason to take UFOs seriously. They didn’t appear to represent threats to our national security, and there were more immediate problems to confront.

But that would not explain why possible visitations by advanced civilizations from outer space would not be considered the most important story of the ages. Was it all just ignored until now because there was no consistent pattern of evidence to indicate we were confronting a genuine mystery? Was it just easier to sweep the unknowables under the rug rather than deal with it directly?

Certainly there have been quite enough sightings involving near-misses with jets, and potential interference with nuclear installations, to make it crystal clear that we are dealing with something important that needed to be seriously investigated.

Now I suppose one can suggest that it was easier to ignore all of it, hoping it would go away. But I hardly think that a few stories in the mainstream press about recent UFO studies would have caused a drastic change of attitude.

There are loads of questions that cry out for answers. But I do not expect the current situation to bring about the results those lusting after disclosure are hoping for. Or if it does, it’ll be done so gradually, so gently, that most people won’t notice, or care.

Then again, the forces behind the UFOs, whatever they are, really hold the cards, and if they show their hands (or whatever limbs they possess), everything will be off the table.

Copyright 1999-2021 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back