• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 17, 2016

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 17, 2016
www.theparacast.com

Learn the Secrets of UFOs and Alternate Realities on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show, and for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast without the network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes and we give free ebooks for long-term subscriptions. We’ve just launched The Paracast+ Video Channel. Check out our new “Lifetime” membership! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: We explore the amazing theories of alternate realities, parallel universes, as possible solutions to UFOs and other paranormal events with T. Allen Greenfield. In the 1960s, Allen and Gene, during an all-night brainstorming session, first hatched a theory meant to account for many of the anomalous elements surrounding the presence of UFOs in our skies. Allen is a past (elected) member of the Society for Psychical Research and the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (from 1960). He has twice been the recipient of the “UFOlogist of the Year Award” of the National UFO Conference (1972 and 1992).

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on January 17: Gene and Chris talk briefly about T. Allen Greenfield’s alternate reality theory, cryptoterrestrials and other alternative theories about UFOs. What about Occam’s Razor? Wouldn’t the easiest explanation be one that puts the source of UFOs somewhere on Earth? And, are the beliefs in Space Brothers a replacement for the world’s monolithic religions because they aren’t meeting the needs of their flocks? Chris also reveals details about the recent outbreak of cattle mutilations in Georgia, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. This may be the tip of the iceberg. Chris remarks that this is the first time outbreaks have occurred in multiple states within the space of a few weeks. He also discusses possible theories about the causes of cattle mutilations, and it may be, in part, about corporate harassment than about interactions with alien or paranormal entities. We also talk ab out upcoming guests on The Paracast.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Are UFOs Next Door?

By Gene Steinberg

Over the years, I’ve taken the position that the UFO mystery is a lot more complicated than many believe. While the vast majority of people who believe in their existence assume they come from other planets, that may not necessarily be the case. Indeed the theory, while certainly possible, continues to lack evidence.

Yes, I realize there are some who claim to have met up with ET either via a direct contact in the desert, an abduction or possibly channeling. In these cases, they confront beings who, when actually seen, may look like us, or are humanoid but otherwise very different. A common description is of gray aliens, beings who have small, slender bodies, large heads, huge eyes, and maybe vestigial mouths and ears.

Where there is communication — and it can be verbal or telepathic — these beings may state that they are here from another planet. They might even specify which planet and which star system.

Is that evidence?

Well, assuming you take those presumed alien beings at their word, but why should they tell us the truth? How can we presume to understand the true motivations of visitors from other worlds? Is it possible they have other plans for us that aren’t necessarily favorable to our interests?

I don’t want to take this into the paranoid realm. We just don’t know.

Regardless, one thing that’s certain is that UFOs, flying saucers, or whatever you choose to call them, are largely confined to this planet. While UFOs may have been reported by astronauts in space, for the most part they appear within the confines of Earth.

Indeed, they sometimes seem to just wink in and out, as if someone is turning on a light. A projection perhaps? Or just an artifact of the method they use to transport themselves from here to some other place, and possibly back again? Or maybe they accelerate so fast that they only seem to disappear in an instant.

So what are they doing, and where are they going?

One possible theory, something that scientists have considered, is that there are multiple or parallel universes, which are constantly interacting with one another. Supposedly this theory can resolve some inconsistencies in quantum mechanics that continue to confound the scientific community.

Certainly the possibility of one or more parallel universes has been employed as a plot device in sci-fi stories over the years. One possibility that’s been explored is one or more Earth counterparts. You saw this in the sci-fi TV series, “Fringe,” where the other Earth, one of many, had a somewhat different history where there was, for example, no 9/11. You had counterparts to the show’s main characters doing similar things, but with different approaches, different personalities.

More recently, the superhero drama, “Flash,” has used the existence of a second Earth as a key plot device. The “fastest man alive” has managed to bridge the intangible gap between the two Earths, and interacted with people from both universes. So there is, in fact, a second Flash on that other Earth, and a character who was the main villain in the first season is replaced, in the second season, by his counterpart from that parallel world who may or may not be quite as villainous.

A short-lived TV version of “Flash Gordon” placed Mongo, the planet to which the protagonist travels to deal with the evil Ming the Merciless, in a parallel universe that was reached via a dimensional portal.

That’s the stuff of fiction. Is it possible any of it is true?

Well, that became the subject of an all-night gabfest involving your humble Paracast host and UFO/paranormal researcher/mystic Allen Greenfield back in the 1960s.

We were teens, discovering the world, and each New Year’s Eve, we’d get together in a fancy hotel in New York City. Allen’s parents got him his own room when they traveled to the Big Apple for a winter vacation. We were too young to consume alcoholic beverages legally, and that’s a habit I never developed. Instead, we’d just talk and talk about one thing or another.

On one occasion, I noticed that he had in his possession a well-worn copy of a paperback book, “The Incomplete Enchanter,” first of a series about an alternate reality, from L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt.

Inspired by that popular fantasy novel about someone traveling to a place where the laws of magic were in force, Allen and I speculated on the peculiar behavior of flying saucers that might indicate travel to and from our reality.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I bring it up again because Allen is this weekend’s guest on The Paracast. So I took the occasion to ask him to expand on that original brainstorming session in which the theory was hatched, and how it continues to influence his research into UFOs and other paranormal subjects.

Now in the scheme of things, you might regard this as a somewhat offbeat theory considering the prevailing view about the possible extraterrestrial origin of UFOs. Last year, however, Allen attended a reunion of people involved in the original National UFO Conference, a UFO-related event that was held annually for several decades, starting in the 1960s.

Well, Allen says that his long-time friends and colleagues who attended that session — and I’m really sorry I was unable to come — continue to accept the alternate reality viewpoint.

While it’s not a very popular theory, that science is taking the possibility of parallel universes seriously is just one more piece of evidence that Allen and I may have been on to something over 50 years ago.

To be sure, we weren’t the first to come up with a “4D” answer to the UFO mystery. Such possibilities have been discussed by other, independent researchers over the years.

Consider this: We actually have no evidence that there is any intelligent life in the universe except for humans. While the law of averages, and the discovery of potentially life-bearing planets, does improve the possibility that we have counterparts on other planets, nothing is proven.

By the same token, we haven’t exactly proven the existence of parallel worlds either.

But we do know that UFOs seem largely confined to Earth. Is that a clue, or just a symptom of a phenomenon that may, in fact, be duplicated on other planets? As someone once wrote, would the mythical Martians have their own UFO mystery to confront?

Copyright 1999-2016 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

As ive posted before a lot of the enigma is resolved if the reality is we are primitive biologicals set amoungst a larger more advanced post biological galactic society.

The Tadpole cannot possibly understand what a Frog is, and the Frog sees no point in trying to explain it since the Tadpole will learn all it needs to know in due course

THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 17, 2016
www.theparacast.com

Learn the Secrets of UFOs and Alternate Realities on The Paracast

Are UFOs Next Door?

By Gene Steinberg

We actually have no evidence that there is any intelligent life in the universe except for humans.
Gene, you must have used the pronoun "we" half a dozen times or more. Do "me" a favor. Do yourself a favor.

Stop it.

I have more than enough evidence of intelligent life in our universe; because you have failed to unearth it, to investigate, it doesn't mean that the "we" you speak of actually exists.

Well, actually, no. We don't. Show us yours.

Who's this "we" you continually mention? You keep dodging this question. You do know where the ;Quote' function is on your forum, yes? But you fail to use it when we are in conversation. Why is that?

Don't I get to know the relative spiritual and metaphysical education, skepticism and nature of those who I, according to you, I should present to?

Last edited:
What nonsense? Be specific. See how this works when you don't quote the original posts? Of course you do.

So let's cut to the jab, yes? Paracast is based upon a bunch of groupies who follow you and O'Brien around as recreation. No problem there, it's the life all of you pre-planned and you have every right and no choice but to follow.

But don't for one instance pseudo-believe that this forum is about finding out the relevant truths by investigating all the probable avenues of the ET 'conundrum'. If that were the case, you would have voluminous material that you have examined, made decisions about, as would your followers, and it would be represented here as it should. Upon that examination would include the following (extremely limited list)...

• Incarnate-discarnate communications
  • The history of physical mediumship as it relates to ET channelings of the [yester]day.
  • The revelations of direct ET channelings

ad infintum.

Which brings us back to my original point.

When you use the word "we" in a Paracast newsletter, in which I am a forum Member, you either need to explain very succinctly who "we" are or make certain that others understand that I am not one bit a part of your "we".

Gene, your journey through this physical dream is yours to take and yours alone. I have no problem with that, how could I? It's your reality you are choosing.

Just don't drag me into it by default.

Where can one possibly travel with Waller’s opinions? To me, it’s simply lashing out because of unsubstantiated beliefs, instead of presenting hardened facts. Most unfortunate, as it happens quite often when in combination of passion and desperation. I’m just hoping another is not close in stumbling toward the edge.

Just a friendly suggestion Waller; please attempt to contain your emotions, and not attack the forum’s super hero, as the piffle here has since been boringly nonproductive. You must be smart enough to realize that one shoe size does not fit all 4,838 forum members.

Disclaimer: as a general rule, I refrain from negative interactions with forum members, as it may be misconstrued as an act of cannibalism, and perhaps illegal in several states.

Gene in the future maybe whenever you use the word "we" you should include a caveat or at the very least a "*" so as not to include...by default... 1/4,838th of the forum members into YOUR belief system.

Last edited:
I think instead of worrying about the use of the word "we," and ignoring the possible editorial "we" implications, those who object to the statement merely have to provide the proof that it's wrong.

Waller, ive had my philosophical and opinion differences with all 3 of the hosts. And thats how it should be in any robust discussion forum.

Groupie is hardly an apt label in my case, though i do have some affection for the hosts and many of the guests here.

But re reading Genes OP i find your criticism of Genes use of the royal we has no real merit.

It was clearly never his intention to "speak" for all of us. This line proves the point

We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else

Its an editorial construct nothing more, a turn of phrase.

Gene has always been supportive and encouraging of multiple, diverse often conflicting points of view.

Methinks you are being a bit oversensitive and reading more into the "we" than there is.

IF he were censoring opinions other than his own, you would have a case. But its just the reverse. Gene has always been open to opinions that differ from his own. And thats actually a rare and precious thing in the world of forums their owners and moderators.

In my long experience here Gene has never spoken for anyone other then himself, your claims are unjustified in that larger context.

Back