• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- December 23, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
December 23, 2012

Explore Alternate Realities with Allen Greenfield on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Chris O'Brien takes the night off as Gene presents his long-time friend, veteran UFO and occult researcher T. Allen Greenfield. You'll learn how Gene and Allen developed a theory about UFOs from other dimensions, or alternate realities. We also cover Allen's ongoing research not just into UFOs and related subjects, but into the occult.

Chris O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Allen Greenfield's Site: Assembly of the Knowledge and Wisdom of Solomon

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

UFOs From An Alternate Reality
By Gene Steinberg

I recall reading a curious article from science fact and science fiction writer Ray Palmer a number of years ago. One of the co-founders of Fate magazine. Palmer, as some of you recall, was responsible, or guilty, or delivering the Shaver Mystery to the world through the pages of Amazing Stories, the original sci-fi magazine, back in the 1940s.

Although first premiering as another short fiction novel, Shaver’s story about the history of inner Earth refugees from an advanced race were later presented as fact. But this article isn’t about Shaver, except peripherally. It’s all about a short piece that Palmer wrote for his Flying Saucers magazine, wondering of Martians saw UFOs too.

His point? UFOs weren’t necessarily from another planet, but were native to our terrestrial environment. Except for a few debatable reports of possible UFOs seen in space, by astronauts, we see them within our Earthly atmosphere. If intelligent creatures lived, or occupied, the Moon or Mars, they would see UFOs too--the space probes we’ve sent there.

Yet the prevailing view of the origin of UFOs has, for decades, been extraterrestrial. In the 1950s and 1960s, some even expressed the possibility that they originated on Mars. Today, we consider Mars to be essentially lifeless, beyond perhaps some primitive microbes. I suppose it’s possible that an advanced Martian species migrated to caves within the red planet ages ago as their atmosphere thinned, but it’s not as if we can prove it.

I suppose you can even suggest they came here, and they are our ancestors.

As you might realize, I am highly skeptical about the potential reality of the so-called face on Mars and other anomalies. Even if genuine, at best it might indicate that advanced creatures once lived on Mars, but no longer, or that Mars was visited by ET somewhere in the distant past.

Back to earth, and the extraterrestrial hypothesis: In the 1960s, I had one of those annual get-togethers with UFO and occult researcher Allen Greenfield, who made a regular pilgrimage to New York City to observe New Year’s. Although he and his parents usually stayed at a hotel near Times Square, Allen preferred to hang out in his hotel room and just talk with his friends.

Well, on one occasion, Allen brought with him a copy of a classic fantasy book, “The Incomplete Enchanter,” by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt. In the book, the protagonist, Harold Shea, can journey to an alternate or parallel universe where the laws of magic, rather than physics, apply.

I think you see where I’m going.

So Allen and I spent the night talking up a theory that UFOs didn’t come from other planets, but winked in and out from one or more alternate realities, or universes, which existed in the same space as ours. If this sounds a little outlandish, consider a common example of things that exist in the same place in our universe, and that’s the various channels on your TV set. Push a button, turn a knob, and you switch to another channel. Sure, doing that to go to another reality may seem a stretch, but stranger things are thought of in today’s physics.

Now consider the possibilities. As in the TV sci-fi series, “Fringe,” imagine that you had an exact counterpart in another universe, the same person perhaps living a different life. They live and die without impacting your existence. Imagine, also, if you met your counterpart from that other place. No, it doesn’t mean the universe will explode.

But when it comes to UFOs and perhaps strange creatures seen from time to time, it may well be possible to jump from one reality to another courtesy of some sort of dimensional rip, or warp, or portal. There’s a fuzziness in the air, and if you walk through that fuzziness, you suddenly find yourself in another place. Maybe this is the dimensional doorway that’s a natural fabric of our reality, or perhaps it’s produced accidentally or deliberately as needed.

This concept may seem to have less basis than traveling from one star system to another. Then again, it’s not as if we’ve even come close to developing a way to travel to even Tau Ceti, some 12 light years away, where a habitable planet is believed to exist. Even if we knew how to approach the speed of light, we’re talking of a multiyear voyage, and the starship may have to be, in effect, a city in space.

Of course there’s always warp drive.

But the process of jumping into another dimension would seem less time-consuming however fast you’re traveling. One second you are here, and in another you’re not. In recording an interview for The Paracast this weekend, Allen suggested that people who mysteriously disappear may, in fact, have accidentally stumbled into another reality. Or maybe they are taken their against their will. Consider the plight of Shaver, who said he met up with the subsurface dwellers. Did it all happen in this reality, or elsewhere?

Perhaps some of these individuals are actually from that “other place,” and it’s time to go home and return to their real lives. I wouldn’t presume to guess.

Besides, the concept of alternate realities doesn’t mean there are no spaceships, or that at least some UFOs aren’t extraterrestrial. What it does mean is that it’s too early to dismiss all these possibilities when it comes to figuring out what’s behind UFOs. It’s not as if you can really prove anything, beyond the existence of a mystery that is still not well understood.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

What no riveting End of The World commentary with some final no-holds barred
"I've always wanted to say that but couldn't" tongue lashings?
OK here's mine then:

"This goes out to everyone who has ever butted in line,
refused to let someone in from the merge lane,
fired anyone without cause, been a bully or fits this picture:
240px-AssholeBookKihn.jpg
I'll let Duckman do the honors ...

It has gotten too much publicity already. :)

Well we're still here. Good thing I didn't mention any names. Although, on second thought, if I ever wanted to get hired again, insulting all the lousy bosses and HR departments in general was probably a worse idea. Meh ... who cares ... I'll leave it up there anyway. On the topic of the Extradimensional Hypothesis ( EDH ): I'm often the first to mention all the logical reasons why it's unlikely, and yet back in my teens a couple of friends and I experienced something that best fits that description. So strange things do happen and maybe UFOs ( or at least some UFOs ) don't even plan to come here. Rather they just end up here by accident, like vanishing in their own version of the Bermuda Triangle. Maybe that explains why they crash. One second they're happily cruising along wherever they are and suddenly poof ! They're falling through the sky over New Mexico.

Back